Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,753 members, 7,809,890 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? (31798 Views)

UK People Are Miserable, Nigerians Are 'happy' / Kenyan Says Nigerians Are Operating Like Chinese And Taking Over African Nations / Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Blackvic1: 12:50pm On Oct 06, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:

Nigerians are very criminally inclined. They ar the most criminal race to ever exist. It has nothing to do with government not providing. Did you know Singapore was once a worse shiithole than Nigeria ever was? But they're a first world country today. Did u ever hear about them going to other country to push drug? Steal? NO. Even if Jesus was rulling, you will still have a reason to blame him because it's your innate nature, it's built into your core DNA, just like you have to bend down to shiit. YOU will blame everything in this world before you blame yourself. I'm even suprise you haven't mentioned white people.
you just said it all ,this is the same thing I was trying to explain to someone that Nigeria isn’t smart with have criminal mindset those are two different things a failure keeps blaming everybody else but himself ....most of this countries where once’s a dump site like you said Singapore it was once a shithole , dubai, Qatar, a lot of other counties even Rwanda and Ethiopia they never went into crime even the so called Nigerians that travel out of the country where there are opportunities which excuse will they give for pushing drugs and engaging into a lot of other crimes even cult clashes .... we are just not smart people at all

4 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Saintp(m): 1:10pm On Oct 06, 2019
naijaseeker:

I actually agree with you. Nigeria really has a lot of dumb people. Nothing is as dumb as someone who really do not know what his problem is.
Maybe you should blame yourself but clearly, I do not blame myself. I ask myself why should somebody whose educational certification rules over professors. I ask myself why should my CJN have a mediocre certificate why there are many exceptional lawyers jobless. I ask myself why should someone score 2 in an exam get admission but another 200 and is not admitted.

I ask myself all these questions and I realise that there are forces responsible for it, However, someone who is very dumb refuses to do carry out a root cause analysis and simply wants to blame me. My dear, if you are dumb, I am not.

I have carried out my analysis and I know what is wrong with Nigeria and I offer suggestions, People who are not dumb are currently pushing for restructuring because they are aware that the country was structured to bring assets to the centre where whoever is in charge will take it. Before it was the colonial powers, now it is the political elite in cohort with the western world.

Of course, dumb Nigerians lack the patience nor capacity for analysis. It is simpler for their shallow reasoning capacity to simply blame every Nigerian. Therefore, they cannot task themselves on what to do to tackle this political elite and western powers.

My dear, if you are dumb, I am not. The task before every Nigerian now is to fight for a restructuring of the Nigerian system. We are not dumb, we are in a situation and we need to fight it

Bros with all due respect you don't get it.

When we say Nigerians are dumb or not smart, it does not mean that all Nigerians are dumb. What it means is that majority that carries the vote are not smart. You could be in the outnumbered 10% of the population that are smart but does not change anything as far as classification is concerned.

You confirmed what we are still saying when you talked about restructuring. How is it going happen when the people are dumb? Is the will of say 10% of the smart people going to overcome the will of 90% of the dumb people? This is the summary of the whole talk

5 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by IronGalaxy: 6:12am On Oct 07, 2019
Mayeldah:
Politically, Nigerians are the dumbest set of people in the world. They don't know their rights to good governance, all they do is support some stupid old men who have ruled Nigeria before without any meaningful impact. 5 Years gone Buhari is still blaming everyone but himself, yet he has no clear cut vision to better the lots of this Country. Do we even have long term vision for this Country just like China and Dubai does for their Nation?
and they have the biggest mouth and arrogance in Africa.

4 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Paulo3ree(m): 8:22am On Oct 07, 2019
pocohantas:
What Nigerians call smartness, would most times turn out to be total disresgard for the next person, basic etiquette, moral values, laws or rules and regulations.

A Nigerian will drive one way, get to the front- return to the correct lane and feel like a sharp guy.

A Nigerian will jump the queue, luckily they get attended to by whoever after dropping N200. They come back to you that is standing on the queue like a sane human being and tell you that you are not STREET SMART. So, you fit sleep here today o...Truly you might sleep there.

Na this kind smartness we dey exhibit most times. Majority of us are guilty of one or more. Not our fault sha, it is the kind of smartness you need to survive in a third world country, where everything-including the government is working against you.

The people that are BOOK SMART (we call them efiko and even demonise them), we stereotype them as clumsy and timid- NOT STREET SMART. The ones going about their businesses jejely are not left out from the above stereotype.

That is why when we go to countries where normal humans are, we complain it is slow, boring...etc. We have to relearn to live, because we have only been existing/surviving in the jungle we hopped on the plane from.
Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by naijaseeker: 8:31am On Oct 07, 2019
Saintp:

Bros with all due respect you don't get it.

When we say Nigerians are dumb or not smart, it does not mean that all Nigerians are dumb. What it means is that majority that carries the vote are not smart. You could be in the outnumbered 10% of the population that are smart but does not change anything as far as classification is concerned.

You confirmed what we are still saying when you talked about restructuring. How is it going happen when the people are dumb? Is the will of say 10% of the smart people going to overcome the will of 90% of the dumb people? This is the summary of the whole talk

I respond to negative descriptive statements because I actually find them offensive and smug. When a group has a problem I think it is not proper to blame the victim rather than the oppressor and from my study of history, it is not proper to describe Africans or Nigerians as dumb.

I have said earlier 60 years post-independence is a short time to gauge. This is because recorded history is more than 5000 years and the current history or modern history is more than 200 years. In Nigeria, Fulanis have political dominance, but you can hardly call them the smartest. The Mongols had dominance in the Eastern world for more than 300 years and suddenly new powers arose. The Greeks are highly respected but beyond a brief less than 30 years period of the peripheral Greek/Macedonian Alexander, Greek did not do much in world dominance. I believe, not many of us are aware that Iranians/Persians, Sassanids were or are actually the longest lasting civilization. Over a brief period of 200 years, we are all cowered by the western style civilization but check it, the Chinese are on the rise. The Chinese were once under the Mongols, British, and Japanese.

The unfortunate thing is, the average black man, my dear you are included is self-deprecatory. I am not. There had been strong black civilizations but te attitude most people in this thread exhibited is what is killing our self-knowledge.

Every generation has its battle. Our generation has the battle to fight against neo/economic colonization and evil middlemen. It is not impossible and divisive descriptions are actually what is affecting us. Note mind you, I am not against intelligent, well-researched analysis, but honestly, half baked self-deprecatory, black men are stupid and I am the smart black who just discovered that attitude gets to me.

Take Nigeria as an example. We are thrust into a new world system we do not understand. We are asked to practice democracy, we are mixed in a logjam of different people speaking different languages, different religions, with Christianity and in other places, Islam forced upon us, bullied, taken as slaves and within 60 years to expect us to get it right. you would ask, why were we conquered in the first place, and I will respond firepower. You would ask, how about the Asian countries which were also conquered and I will respond, they were not subjected to 400 years of the slave trade. Slave trade has always existed but the 400 years Trans-Atlantic trade was a very significant demographic and social sudden and then sustained change to our world. It created serious misgivings and problems for blacks big time

For instance, Fulanis will not want to admit, but it changed them into a parasitic society that has been sustained to date. For more than 6-7 generations, they have been brought up to believe they are lords and are free to pick and use other West Africans as they want. This is a real problem in Nigeria and the story of Gandoki and Habama we all read is a testimony to this and this is the main problem in Nigeria simple.

We need to think really deep and not stop at peripheral taught that the lack of voters' knowledge is the problem. Votes are manipulated everywhere, and voting never actually counts. What counts is where the real power lay and it has never been with voters in Nigeria. It has always been with the west and its Nigerian middlemen. Imagine a system, where resources are discovered in the South, the South is merged with the North so that the North will depend on the South materially. Then real power is moved to the North to create tension and imbalance. Then the architect of the system continues mining the resources using the North, which they keep sustaining. Do you think your votes will change this? Do you think this will change in 60 years, wiping out family wealth? Families and systems are built upon this. The London arbitration system which just delivered the PI&grin judgment. The London anti-corruption System which has not found anything wrong with OML 245 as it is still being operated,

You may think my analysis proves the stupidity of the blacks. No. it proves that a superior power at a point overcame you and what you should do is to find a way to understand and up turn that force. However self deprecatory tones, lacking in depth or sound analysis is hardly the way to go.

2 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 07, 2019
DexterousOne:

Gadaffi himself destroyed Libya
If indeed it was western power that really wanted him out
You really think he will stay 42 years?

He created the conditions that led to his ousting and death like a chicken (I don't feel sorry for him )
Great.
Long live race-mixing and diversity in Europe grin
Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by naijaseeker: 8:57am On Oct 07, 2019
DexterousOne:

You are the ones who really don't know

Foreign powers KNOW the thinking of black man and use it against us....

Lumumba and Sankara were killed by their best friends because they are power drunk and have no sense of long term

There are so many black who will betray their countries outright for a piece of porridge
Foreign powers only exploit that

Have you heard of a country called Bhutan?
They are living in their own, nothing concern then with wealth accumulation and all that

Hence foreign interests do not penetrate

But many fvcked up Africans will even seek foreign intervention to push out the govt so he will replace them and then sell his country

Look at what Tejan Kabbah did to Sierra Leone and Machar to south Sudan

It's very easy to blame others (Typical black man fashion)
But we need to look ourselves in the mirror

And besides development is not zero sum as many Africans think

We can develop policies that will be win -win for everyone

But Africans don't think or reason long term

My dear, when you have wealth, army and firepower, you will win battles simple. It is not rocket science, it is not intelligence, it is the power of material things.

If a Nigerian has enough resources, he can buy Donald Trump and there is nothing Americans can do about it. Winning wars and controlling countries have always been about wealth and wealth actually translates from generations to generations. I will give you instances. The Florentine Medici acquired wealth and controlled Europe for hundreds of years. This also goes to the Rothschild. After the Eastern European Christians and the Persian/Sassanids had fought themselves for hundreds of years, it was very easy for Arabian soldiers to conquer them and take over the Mediterranean world because these two major powers were exhausted. But immediately the Arabians were exhausted after a few years, the shift of power in the Mediterranean went over to the Turks, who were from East Asian origin although Muslims also.

Therefore, it is about wealth to buy, pay and sustain soldiers. To buy weapons, to carry out research and develop more weapons and use it to raid, conquer and sustain your dominance. T

This is what we really need to know. Let me give you an instance. The CIA tagged Patrice Lumumba for assassination. With or without Mobutu, he would have been eliminated as the target was to eliminate him. The offered Mobutu real incentives. Western backing, money and power to do the job. If Mobutu turned down the offer, he would have been a marked man also. Did he really have a choice? I am not excusing him but understand the reality. Americans did not succeed in Cuba because the Cubans had been in that sort of fight for a longer period and were backed by USSR. Nigeria had had its dictators but none lasting for up to 10 years because Nigerians are richer, more diverse than say Cameroun or Togo.

However, it is social science engineering and it is not a big thing to achieve. If you earn N1m a month legally, how much bribe will you take? You may take N100million or more but definitely not N20 because you can get that in 2 years. Consider someone who earns N200K or N50K a month and offered N1m. He sees his freedom and the start of a new business.

I honestly find it pitiable that a black person will consider himself morally lower than other people in the world. Direct question to yo, do you think you are morally lower than people from other races? You as a person not as representative of the blacks?

4 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by naijaseeker: 9:05am On Oct 07, 2019
djon78:

If you are not dumb, then do something about it. Instead of coming online to rant.
The power that control Africa are much stronger than her, its not just Nigeria. And sadly Africans do not have the right strategy to combat these forces.
Moreover ignorance, non enlightenment, poor or no value for education has fueled it. When I talk of education, its not just peddling certificate, because we have many carrying such with no value added. Rather its more of critical thinking, outside the box thinking. Coupled with a leadership that's exact reflection of the people being ruled. So its a big complex problem that can be solved but requires a higher level of thinking.

MY dear, clap for yourself. You just discovered how dumb you are. Others are actually looking for a solution to a challenge facing them.

1 Like

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Fallenhunter: 9:29am On Oct 07, 2019
Odogu9195:
You missed out the part where jealousy and wickedness won’t allow us. Nigeria is a country where everyone is working really hard to make sure nothing works for anyone but themselves. Not just Nigeria, but Africa as a whole. A black man lacks the will to rule! It’s facts. One time a police man seized a bike mans bike due to 50 naira. Bike man was literally crying and begging he doesn’t have money, Oga even removed and emptied his cloths yet police man refused, and for what 50 naira?? It’s that the fault of the government as we all tend to blame the government for everything! NO THIS IS A TYPICAL BLACK MAN WITHOUT ANY FORM OF AUTHORITY ASIDE FROM CARRYING A GUN AND BEEN PART OF A FAILED SYSTEM CALLED THE NIGERIAN POLICE FOR, being really WICKED and unreasonable to his fellow Nigerian. Please TELL ME, how can we grow as a country with looking out for each other??

Don't compare all black countries to Nigeria. Seychelles, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia etc have had great leaders that developed the countries and made them on par with European countries with peoples rights respected and good business practices. Even Rwanda is quickly becoming one of the best countries. Nigeria lacks people that care and leaders that wish to genuinely improve it.

4 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by naijaseeker: 10:05am On Oct 07, 2019
Fallenhunter:

Don't compare all-black countries to Nigeria. Seychelles, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia etc have had great leaders that developed the countries and made them on par with European countries with peoples rights respected and good business practices. Even Rwanda is quickly becoming one of the best countries. Nigeria lacks people that care and leaders that wish to genuinely improve it.

You cannot understand my shock when I met Botswanan who explained to me the country's economy. It is so easy to say black this, black that with a smug, I am the only intelligent black person, others are so stupid, jealous and unknowledgeable. Clap for me, I have discovered this.
Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Fallenhunter: 11:11am On Oct 07, 2019
Nanatrendy:
I am not a nigerian but the reason why nigeria and other African countries are not developed is because we are divided within ourselves and the west is playing Africans like chess. An example is ivory coast and ghana together we produce 60% of the world's cocoa but because we are competing against ourselves the west determine the price they will pay for our cocoa they give the farmers peanuts and make billions in the west, now imagine if both countries were sitting down together decided to sell refined cocoa and bargain as a unit we would be calling the shots in chocolate production. Also imagine if all african countries decided to shut our borders to foriegn products and decided if the west do not set up factories here their products will not be sold on our markets ,imagine the number of jobs it will create and the number of opportunities we will get. The thing is no matter how hard any african country tries on its own they wouldn't get far because the west are united in maintaining africa as it's market , now china too is taking advantage of us. Until Africans plan as one unit we would not get anywhere.

That is not smart, shutting borders isn't the solution. What would be smart is if Ivory coast, Ghana etc sat together and set up chocolate manufacturing facilities. Milk, coca, sugar are all available in West Africa. We make the chocolate and then sell it to the west and to other parts of the world. We create our brand and export the finished chocolate and thus own the chocolate industry all together. That's true intelligence.

1 Like

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by naijaseeker: 11:27am On Oct 07, 2019
Fallenhunter:

That is not smart, shutting borders isn't the solution. What would be smart is if Ivory coast, Ghana etc sat together and set up chocolate manufacturing facilities. Milk, coca, sugar are all available in West Africa. We make the chocolate and then sell it to the west and to other parts of the world. We create our brand and export the finished chocolate and thus own the chocolate industry altogether. That's true intelligence.

Basic issue for most African countries is nation-building. Most Africans do not feel any strong allegiance to their country but to historic nationality. The West purposefully structured it so and pressed African leaders to accept colonial boundaries in 1963. Cohesion and cooperation comes from mutual respect and acceptance. We need to redraw and redesign our boundaries ourselves

3 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Fallenhunter: 11:30am On Oct 07, 2019
Suspectzero:
Never ever thought i would find a thread with so many like-minded people. Nigeria is a shit hole. But the problem is not just Nigeria and its people per se, It's the problem of the Black man. There is something fundamentally wrong with the black man. He is backwards and animalistic. Barely evolved.

Like people before me noted, this is not self hatred. I am a black man but i choose not to be blind to what reality has shown me. There is not a single developed black Nation in the whole of this planet. Not One.

There is no hope for Nigeria, i just don't see it anywhere. Thus, like my fellow like minded people here, we are soon emigrating out to saner environments whereby we can adopt and continue to progress with the progressive cultures out there.

There are developed black nations. Seychelles, Botswana, Zambia and Namibia (to an extent) etc. Rwanda is rapidly developing and Ethiopia is moving in the right direction. Many Caribbean countries are well developed. What is true for Nigeria and some of the 'loser' black countries isn't true for all of Africa.

3 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Saintp(m): 12:31pm On Oct 07, 2019
naijaseeker:

Basic issue for most African countries is nation-building. Most Africans do not feel any strong allegiance to their country but to historic nationality. The West purposefully structured it so and pressed African leaders to accept colonial boundaries in 1963. Cohesion and cooperation comes from mutual respect and acceptance. We need to redraw and redesign our boundaries ourselves

I will not be part of people who throw blame to others or issues in the past for our present problems. The past is the past, how can u change it? To solve any problem in any aspect of life, you need to acknowledge there is a problem, own the problem totally which will now give you the needed energy to solve it irrespective of who caused it
As a people we don't fully acknowledge the problem not to talk of owning it instead we stylishly downplay the problem and put the blame on someone else.
The world is a dog eat dog world. Anyone who wants to be exploited will be exploited, it is not a new thing. Even in Nigeria today, people are exploiting others too. The west has exploited their own, guess what? China is now coming to exploit the same continent. In the next 60 years, the problem will no longer be the west but China this China that. Will I blame them? Never! Because people have refused to acknowledge the problem, own the problem and solve it by themselves. Let us keep blaming western powers and probably wait till we are 200 years to get the basic things right since 60 years is not enough.

2 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Suspectzero(m): 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2019
Fallenhunter:

There are developed black nations. Seychelles, Botswana, Zambia and Namibia (to an extent) etc. Rwanda is rapidly developing and Ethiopia is moving in the right direction. Many Caribbean countries are well developed. What is true for Nigeria and some of the 'loser' black countries isn't true for all of Africa.

Sorry but all those Countries you listed are not developed nations. You could term them developing but they are not developed. By Nigeria's standard they might seem developed, but by Western Standards, they are not.

The "developed Caribbean Countries"are not of the black race. The ones that are of the Black race are Jamaica and Haiti and those places are shit holes as well. Just as bad as the ones in Africa.

1 Like

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Fallenhunter: 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2019
Suspectzero:

Sorry but all those Countries you listed are not developed nations. You could term them developing but they are not developed. By Nigeria's standard they might seem developed, but by Western Standards, they are not.

The "developed Caribbean Countries"are not of the black race. The ones that are of the Black race are Jamaica and Haiti and those places are shit holes as well. Just as bad as the ones in Africa.

Botswana and Seychelles are pretty developed but okay by western standards they aren't developed. They are rapidly developing though with high GDP growth rates, good human rights records and rapidly improving infrastructure. Botswana in particular is quite developed and Ina few more years will be at European levels of development.

Jamaica and Haiti aren't the only black Caribbean islands but even if we consider only Africa nations that are moving in the right direction like Botswana, Rwanda even Ethiopia (although it has a long way to go) show that African nations can progress and become great.

1 Like

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by naijaseeker: 8:13pm On Oct 07, 2019
Saintp:

I will not be part of people who throw blame to others or issues in the past for our present problems. The past is the past, how can u change it? To solve any problem in any aspect of life, you need to acknowledge there is a problem, own the problem totally which will now give you the needed energy to solve it irrespective of who caused it
As a people we don't fully acknowledge the problem not to talk of owning it instead we stylishly downplay the problem and put the blame on someone else.
The world is a dog eat dog world. Anyone who wants to be exploited will be exploited, it is not a new thing. Even in Nigeria today, people are exploiting others too. The west has exploited their own, guess what? China is now coming to exploit the same continent. In the next 60 years, the problem will no longer be the west but China this China that. Will I blame them? Never! Because people have refused to acknowledge the problem, own the problem and solve it by themselves. Let us keep blaming western powers and probably wait till we are 200 years to get the basic things right since 60 years is not enough.

I actually identified the problem and gave a solution, I said "Basic issue for most African countries is nation-building." then I said " We need to redraw and redesign our boundaries ourselves"

You will prefer if I do not make any reference to the west. Yes, this world is dog eat dog. For you to be able to survive, you have to be thoroughly honest and conduct deep analysis.

That the west exploited us in the dog eat dog scenario should not feature as part of the analysis? So I ask you. What is the problem? You will prefer an answer that says Nigerians are stupid. (Can I assume that somehow, you will extricate yourself from blame and be elevated to the podium as the person who identified that blacks/Nigerians are stupid, therefore he is not stupid also). You know one funny thing, t

You know one funny thing, this thinking process won Buhari the election and took us back.. Nigerians are corrupt, Nigerians are corrupt. This assumed he is an angel and not corrupt. What are we seeing today.

My dear, analysis has to be deep and based on a subject. We were eaten as dogs. By whom? How? Are we still being eaten today? By whom? how? Until you realize we are still under colonialization, still subjugated you will keep blaming yourself and will not know where to channel your efforts. THat is the smart way dogs eat dogs not saying I do not care, how or why. If you don't you will be eaten simple.

2 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by naijaseeker: 8:47pm On Oct 07, 2019
ÒIn the 1720s, Dahomey opposed European slave traders, and was deprived of European importsÑsome of which had become necessary by that time. Agaja Trudo, DahomeyÕs greatest king, appreciated that European demand for slaves and the pursuit of slaving in and around Dahomey was in conflict with DahomeyÕs development. Between 1724 and 1726, he looted and burnt European forts and slave camps; and he reduced the trade from the ÔSlave CoastÕ to a mere trickle, by blocking the paths leading to sources of supply in the interior. European slave dealers were very bitter, and they tried to sponsor some African collaborators against Agaja Trudo. They failed to unseat him or to crush the Dahomean state, but in turn Agaja failed to persuade them to develop new lines of economic activity, such as local plantation agriculture; and, being anxious to acquire firearms and cowries through the Europeans, he had to agree to the resumption of slave trading in 1730. After 1730, Dahomean slaving was placed under royal control and was much more restricted than previously. Yet, the failure of this determined effort demonstrated that a single African state at that time could not emancipate itself from European control. The small size of African states and the numerous political divisions made it so much easier for Europe to make the decisions as to Africa

This is an excerpt taken from Benin, the Western Niger Delta, and the Development of the Atlantic World 1by Peter Ekeh

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Suspectzero(m): 10:05pm On Oct 07, 2019
Fallenhunter:

Botswana and Seychelles are pretty developed but okay by western standards they aren't developed. They are rapidly developing though with high GDP growth rates, good human rights records and rapidly improving infrastructure. Botswana in particular is quite developed and Ina few more years will be at European levels of development.

Jamaica and Haiti aren't the only black Caribbean islands but even if we consider only Africa nations that are moving in the right direction like Botswana, Rwanda even Ethiopia (although it has a long way to go) show that African nations can progress and become great.

Yes they are progressing, but haven't gotten there. Still far behind the rest of the developed world. India and Brazil have been ahead of this curve for a long while now and even they are not considered developed. Doesn't happen as quickly you think. It's going to take a long while yet. Unless they proceed at Dubai, Japan, China speeds which i highly doubt. I hope i see a developed black nation in my lifetime but being realistic, i doubt it's feasible. Hope to be proven wrong.
Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 07, 2019
Reference:
The truth is that ordinarily blacks are not up there when it comes to intellect. A lot of indicies point to that fact such as poverty, life expectancy, etc but my big one that ultimately proves blacks are not intellectually competitive, is venture, exploration and exploitation. We are at the absolute bottom of the tree and it is no surprise we were taken in slavery in mass numbers (till today), but taking no one, we were colonised in mass, colonising no one, till date we have been exploited by all (even by nations on the same standing just a few decades ago), exploiting none in return.

This can only be about a race that is not as mentally competent, a race that is incapable of organising itself into viable groupings, effective societies, with a common, positive purpose. Some say this has biblical origins but when you consider that amongst black nations, the more you have socities bearing dissimilar tongues, the more discordant, inhibited and ultimately dispondent such societies are such as Nigeria then there may be a point there.

Thus in a nutshell Nigeria is the poster child of what is wrong with the black race because we have the largest concentration of black 'models' in the world, the largest concentration of 'not so brilliant folks' on earth. Nigeria is more complex than the whole African continent and more. Can Africa ever come together as one....Nigeria is more complex than that.

The result speaks for itself.

What a self erasing, self obliterating post cry
Nobody can love you when you don’t love yourself darling
Intelligence is the ability to learn, relearn, delearn and unlearn when necessary
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery and stop viewing yourself thru the eyes of others who are not you

2 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by WillTop: 10:28am On Oct 08, 2019
Acidosis:

It's one of those lies we tell ourselves cheesy Others include;

1. Nigerians believe we've the best footballers in the world (NFF is just yet to come up with a great team, since 1960) grin

2. Best and strongest army in the world (I laugh in nuclear powers grin grin )

3. The worst set is those that see Nigeria as the richest country in the world (haq haq haq grin grin )

Nigeria no even follow the list of 20 richest natural resource countries in the world cheesy

Majority are yet to unlearn some of the lies they learnt from Geography and Social study teachers.

Chai you nailed it, the level of ignorance among Nigerians is alarming. You see your number 3 even in a group of ten graduates you will hardly win an argument trying to convince them that their assertion is false they always have some escape words like "corruption" and "bad leaders" to push their ignorance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by lexy2014: 10:25am On Oct 09, 2019
DexterousOne:

Deng Xiaoping opened China

I no. I was only responding to d following contradictions made by d gentleman:

"Maa zedond did not make china what is it today, what he did was to unify china and create a communist state, during his rule, china was a poor country.

the opening of china made china rich."

I was hoping he would clarify it himself
Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by DexterousOne(m): 11:16am On Oct 09, 2019
lexy2014:

I no. I was only responding to d following contradictions made by d gentleman:

"Maa zedond did not make china what is it today, what he did was to unify china and create a communist state, during his rule, china was a poor country.

the opening of china made china rich."

I was hoping he would clarify it himself

I get you
Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 09, 2019
Nigerians are smart in a negative way.

Apart from bad governance, we the citizens are our own problems.

No spirit of selflessness whatsoever.
Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Ugosample(m): 8:28pm On Oct 09, 2019
Blackvic1:
you just said it all ,this is the same thing I was trying to explain to someone that Nigeria isn’t smart with have criminal mindset those are two different things a failure keeps blaming everybody else but himself ....most of this countries where once’s a dump site like you said Singapore it was once a shithole , dubai, Qatar, a lot of other counties even Rwanda and Ethiopia they never went into crime even the so called Nigerians that travel out of the country where there are opportunities which excuse will they give for pushing drugs and engaging into a lot of other crimes even cult clashes .... we are just not smart people at all

yes indeed
Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by DexterousOne(m): 8:24pm On Nov 07, 2019
undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Air Force Helicopter Crash-lands In Katsina / Uber Bans A Driver For Throwing Lesbian Couple Out Of Her Car In New Jersey / Nigerian Nurse & His Fiancée Die In Motor Accident 6 Weeks After Engagement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.