Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees (10692 Views)

FG Begins N20,000 Cash Transfer In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu / Returnees: Xenophobic Attacks Have Official Approval / Xenophobia: FG Gives Loan, 9GB Data, N40,000 Airtime To South African Returnees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by Shaynai: 12:58am On Oct 05, 2019
Gov. Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State, on Friday, presented cash gifts of N100,000
to each of the South African returnees of Ondo origin for resettlement activities in their
various communities.

Akeredolu, who received the returnees in his office also promised to give necessary support and provide an enabling environment for the returnees to start new lives.

Represented by his deputy, Agboola Ajayi, the governor particularly condemned the xenophobic attacks on Nigerians and other nationals living in South Africa by the indigenes.

He described the attacks as unwarranted, barbaric and condemnable.

Akeredolu commended President Muhammadu Buhari for his visit to South Africa to condemn the ugly incident and find a lasting solution to it.

He charged the returnees not to be discouraged by what had happened to them but to be ready to start a new life as they returned safely to Nigeria, their fatherland.

Source:
https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/10/04/akeredolu-donates-n100000-to-each-south-african-returnees/amp/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by kayusely70(m): 1:34am On Oct 05, 2019
Good

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by Tolexander: 1:39am On Oct 05, 2019
I personally don’t support this reward given to these returnees.

Things are hard for everyone here, but they decided traveling out to try their luck outside Nigeria. While we decided staying behind (though the opportunity never presented itself ni o grin).
We Nigerians still living at home need being rewarded for our patience and withstanding long suffering, not the proverbial prodigal sons that just returned home.

While sojourning in South Africa, enjoying life and living large (perhaps living low also), how much did they deemed fit sending back to the state?
I’m not expecting the state to bear the burden of “bringing them back to life” but their families.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by WonderManly(m): 4:48am On Oct 05, 2019
Good move and kudos to you. But wait ooo, why you come make your own pass Seyi Makinde's own? Abi Una dey do competition ni? Nawa oooooo...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by yerokunphilips: 5:07am On Oct 05, 2019
[quote author=WonderManly post=82849114][/quote]
Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by wechat1: 5:57am On Oct 05, 2019
Only 100k to buy what in nigeria,and the politician pocketing billions monthly cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by Criticaltemp: 5:57am On Oct 05, 2019
Though a nice e gesture. Why not fixed them on an income base structure rather than give them money. Dont give me fish but take me fishing.. Dear south A, returnees, dont collect the money, just request an inclusion into the civil service

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by tillaman(m): 5:58am On Oct 05, 2019
Why do They keep giving money to these people? what about the ones wallowing in abject poverty in our country?? Nigeria governors acting like they care about their people na today, pay minimum wage una go talk sey State allocation this and that
embarassed
There are folks in their state hospitals waiting to be treated or can’t afford treatment yet they are sharing money to South Africa returnees that may eventually go back soon

10 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by QueenBeeHive(f): 6:00am On Oct 05, 2019

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by ursullalinda(f): 6:02am On Oct 05, 2019
That's the best so far, but 100k can't do much for them. Wish there could be more solid plan for them. I'm sure that's why majority of them won't want to come back here.
Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by 9iceprince(m): 6:04am On Oct 05, 2019
Those against the good gesture from the governor, what has your state Governor done for the returnees from your state...Must you criticize this because its from APC governor...We should'nt be an ingrate, we should learn to appreciate the little help provided..Afterall allocation for S/A returnees was never in the state's Budget.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by ewosk: 6:05am On Oct 05, 2019
They should gather all the handouts and start something.

They should look up Lulu Briggs 59 ways to make money in Nigeria and take a pick.

May the spirits guide them �

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by Burruchaga71(m): 6:05am On Oct 05, 2019
Their HIV"s status must be checked

7 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by Xisnin(m): 6:06am On Oct 05, 2019
Criticaltemp:
Though a nice e gesture. Why not fixed them on an income base structure rather than give them money. Dont give me fish but take me fishing.. Dear south A, returnees, dont collect the money, just request an inclusion into the civil service
Why do the returnees deserve a special treatment that home-based Nigerians don't get?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by majamajic(m): 6:10am On Oct 05, 2019
Tolexander:

Things are hard for everyone here, but they decided traveling out to try their luck outside Nigeria. While we decided staying behind (though the opportunity never presented itself ni o grin).
We Nigerians still living at home need being rewarded for our patience and withstanding long suffering, not the proverbial prodigal sons that just returned home.

While sojourning in South Africa, enjoying life and living large (perhaps living low also), how much did they deemed fit sending back to the state?
I’m not expecting the state to bear the burden of “bringing them back to life” but their families.

u have concluded that all returnees are broke ?
Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by OndoFirstBorn(m): 6:11am On Oct 05, 2019
Kudos to Akeredolu-led government

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by Charleys: 6:16am On Oct 05, 2019
South west governors are giving monies to south Africa returnees.

But no south east or South South governors are doing that.

These shows that the yorubas are the ones stealing and causing problems in south Africa that was why they were chased out of the country.

Igbos remaining in south Africa and protesting against buhari yesterday speaks volumes.

No wonder it was the yorubas that were attacking ShopRite and MTN which are south African businesses in their area.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by Commentor: 6:19am On Oct 05, 2019
Criticaltemp:

For what?

So those that stayed backs are fools right?

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by AdoIfHitlerr(f): 6:22am On Oct 05, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

For what?

So those that stayed backs are fools right?
[/s]
shatap there and get out!

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by Wireless01: 6:25am On Oct 05, 2019
But I wanted to travel to South Africa.

I returned to the village the day I was supposed to travel because of xenophobic attacks.

Am I eligible for the Ola? ���

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by KiddiesTablets(f): 6:38am On Oct 05, 2019
Get your children educational android tablets @ N20,000 with free delivery nationwide. Go through my threads for pictures and please check my signature for contact kiss
Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by Loberaq(m): 6:41am On Oct 05, 2019
I don't believe

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by Tblesd: 6:45am On Oct 05, 2019
Some are just outrightly stupid. They are still condemning this good gesture

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by cinoedhunter: 6:46am On Oct 05, 2019
angry E be like I go go pretend to be South African returnee o... cuz I'm not really understanding naija cry

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by olajizz01(m): 6:50am On Oct 05, 2019
Good,not like loudmouth Makinde that gave 30k for each returning to do what.
Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by munex007(m): 6:54am On Oct 05, 2019
Nigerian politicians always throw money to every problem.

The cash will be born why not give them a more lasting support like training to build their skills and support with start up capital.
Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by SirLakes: 7:01am On Oct 05, 2019
Criticaltemp:
Na hin state monthly allocation he go dash dem

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by Olamilekxy(m): 7:03am On Oct 05, 2019
Criticaltemp:

what are you saying?

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by AgreatMan: 7:03am On Oct 05, 2019
Tolexander:

Haba. These r your bothers n sisters. Even d father of the prodigal son still welcome him back with a feast.
Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by olajizz01(m): 7:04am On Oct 05, 2019
Charleys:
South west governors are giving monies to south Africa returnees.

But no south east or South South governors are doing that.

These shows that the yorubas are the ones stealing and causing problems in south Africa that was why they were chased out of the country.

Igbos remaining in south Africa and protesting against buhari yesterday speaks volumes.

No wonder it was the yorubas that were attacking ShopRite and MTN which are south African businesses in their area.
Keep fooling yourself,your criminal brethren stay back because nobody we buy their cocaine here,while some of them moved to the SA neighboring countries to do their cocaine businesses.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by olajizz01(m): 7:06am On Oct 05, 2019
wechat1:
Only 100k to buy what in nigeria,and the politician pocketing billions monthly cry cry cry cry cry
He even try than some giving 30k for what?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governors Destroyed The Local Government System - Ex-lagos Speaker, Mamora / Ondo Decides :ACN Candidate Lost His Unit To LP? / Lagos, Rivers, Enugu Lead In IGR Generation In 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.