Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees (10703 Views)

FG Begins N20,000 Cash Transfer In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu / Returnees: Xenophobic Attacks Have Official Approval / Xenophobia: FG Gives Loan, 9GB Data, N40,000 Airtime To South African Returnees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by hisexcellency34: 7:25am On Oct 05, 2019
Only 4 returnees from Ondo

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by ctleurocollege: 7:42am On Oct 05, 2019
Waste of money
Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by Nuzo1(m): 7:50am On Oct 05, 2019
9iceprince:
Those against the good gesture from the governor, what has your state Governor done for the returnees from your state...Must to criticize this because its from APC governor...We should'nt be an ingrate, we should learn to appreciate the little help provided..Afterall allocation for S/A returnees was never in the state's Budget.

Somehow, some Nigerians must bring a political, ethnic or religious twist to it.

Check the previous posts of those who oppose this gesture. They don't seem to be from south east. But just because they oppose it, they are automatically assumed to be PDP and south easterners. Be also aware that ondo gov just like Makinde and Dapo Abiodun are not really seen as average Nigeria politicians and so therefore are not always judged by the parties they belong to.

That being said, as much as I understand the opposition to this gesture, I feel that the 100k can go along way in setting up a little business and integrating the returnees into the society, and thereby preventing them from becoming a nuisance to the society. It's a win win process for the government.

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by Isoduwa(m): 8:47am On Oct 05, 2019
Wireless01:
But I wanted to travel to South Africa.

I returned to the village the day I was supposed to travel because of xenophobic attacks.

Am I eligible for the Ola? ���

You are mad that's your personal problem

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by Adeh08: 9:17am On Oct 05, 2019
That's very good

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by okayman4real(m): 9:18am On Oct 05, 2019
But he didn't pay last month army retired pension yet
Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by Decryptor(m): 9:28am On Oct 05, 2019
So Yoruba people live in South Africa but they will be making it look like it is only Igbos who live there!
Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:58am On Oct 05, 2019
It's funny how this is playing out. This people will collect rewards from everyone possible then return to South Africa as soon as they can. They will also meet a better south Africa since Buhari has gone there to help settle the rift between the two countries.
So if you're giving them money, it's loss loss for you.
Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by ola9ja(m): 10:41am On Oct 05, 2019
Black people with this there myopic way of reasoning, you have lost it bro.

Tolexander:
I personally don’t support this reward given to these returnees.

Things are hard for everyone here, but they decided traveling out to try their luck outside Nigeria. While we decided staying behind (though the opportunity never presented itself ni o grin).
We Nigerians still living at home need being rewarded for our patience and withstanding long suffering, not the proverbial prodigal sons that just returned home.

While sojourning in South Africa, enjoying life and living large (perhaps living low also), how much did they deemed fit sending back to the state?
I’m not expecting the state to bear the burden of “bringing them back to life” but their families.
Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by Cajal(m): 10:49am On Oct 05, 2019
WonderManly:
Good move and kudos to you. But wait ooo, why you come make your own pass Seyi Makinde's own? Abi Una dey do competition ni? Nawa oooooo...
...that is very insignificant compare to their security vote
Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by Dmitry12312: 11:17am On Oct 05, 2019
Hi there! In nearly all instances, a writer might never understand about accidental plagiarism on your article, and it may be pardoned. He must understand the sort of facts that you is going to want in an essay --- https://ewriters.pro/ .
Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by Xclusiveme: 11:58am On Oct 05, 2019
Tolexander:
I personally don’t support this reward given to these returnees.

Things are hard for everyone here, but they decided traveling out to try their luck outside Nigeria. While we decided staying behind (though the opportunity never presented itself ni o grin).
We Nigerians still living at home need being rewarded for our patience and withstanding long suffering, not the proverbial prodigal sons that just returned home.

While sojourning in South Africa, enjoying life and living large (perhaps living low also), how much did they deemed fit sending back to the state?
I’m not expecting the state to bear the burden of “bringing them back to life” but their families.

U re just like the prodigal son's brother. Remember what the Father said to him? Heaven will reward you. So don't expect any reward from ur nation
Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by Insectkiller: 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2019
Has South African president visited Nigeria

Cyril ramaphosa nah u I dey follow talk
Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by Burgerlomo: 12:21pm On Oct 05, 2019
Nice one the people's governor cool

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Gives N100,000 Cash Each To South African Returnees by Olublessed19: 2:17pm On Oct 05, 2019
please someone should also remind him to pay Law school students their bursary, even if it's very small.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ayade Appoints 18 SAs On Religious Matters / NAFDAC In Rotting State, Petitioners Say, Alleging Fraud And Waste / Why We Are Yet To Retrieve $15m Seized By South Africa From Jonathan’s Govt; AGF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.