Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Help! Information About Bolt(formerly Taxify) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! Information About Bolt(formerly Taxify) (1826 Views)

22 Essential Tips For Uber, Oga-taxi & Taxify Drivers / 11 Types Of Passengers That Are Most Dreaded By Uber & Taxify Drivers / Hire-purchase Vehicle Needed For Uber/taxify (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Information About Bolt(formerly Taxify) by Stan999: 8:52am On Oct 05, 2019
Hello guys.

Please I have a concern I would like to be addressed by experienced bolt drivers.

A friend of mine was robbed at gunpoint and his samsung galaxy was taken. Prior to this, he was a taxify driver and he used his phone for his taxify business. After the incident, he told me how broke he had become and how he needed a phone to continue his taxify business. So I advised he gets a midrange device around N30,000 with respect to the likes of tecno, infinix since I was the one he came to for assistance on getting the money. My advice was on the grounds that he atleast keeps getting calls for the business and also stay online till he saves enough to buy a high end mobile device.

He said NO but wanted an amount enough to get a high end phone in the N100K+ range. I asked why, and he said [b][/b]"TAXIFY/BOLD charge customers higher if the driver uses a low-end device". To me, it sounds dumb and I hate been taken for a fool but I'd love to hear the responses of experienced bolt drivers or someone advanced in this regard on this issue. I'd like to use the response as reference when I explain how petty and lame the reason is.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Help! Information About Bolt(formerly Taxify) by accessclem: 8:59am On Oct 05, 2019
grin grin grin

This you friend Sha!!!

Can't say but I have seen Uber and bolt drivers using infinix phones to receive calls and run their business. To me, if it was a general norm that transport fares hike as a result, then they wouldn't be using them and I'm sure a company like bolt won't discriminate against a phone brand widely accepted in Nigeria.

Doesn't add up to me..
Re: Help! Information About Bolt(formerly Taxify) by healthserve(m): 9:33am On Oct 05, 2019
Hes unserious. Tell to start with what he has and change the phone as he grows financially
Re: Help! Information About Bolt(formerly Taxify) by Y1nka(m): 9:49am On Oct 05, 2019
Stan999:
Hello guys.

Please I have a concern I would like to be addressed by experienced bolt drivers.

A friend of mine was robbed at gunpoint and his samsung galaxy was taken. Prior to this, he was a taxify driver and he used his phone for his taxify business. After the incident, he told me how broke he had become and how he needed a phone to continue his taxify business. So I advised he gets a midrange device around N30,000 with respect to the likes of tecno, infinix since I was the one he came to for assistance on getting the money. My advice was on the grounds that he atleast keeps getting calls for the business and also stay online till he saves enough to buy a high end mobile device.

He said NO but wanted an amount enough to get a high end phone in the N100K+ range. I asked why, and he said [b][/b]"TAXIFY/BOLD charge customers higher if the driver uses a low-end device". To me, it sounds dumb and I hate been taken for a fool but I'd love to hear the responses of experienced bolt drivers or someone advanced in this regard on this issue. I'd like to use the response as reference when I explain how petty and lame the reason is.

Thanks in anticipation

Doesn't add up. Although ive hearx driver cheating with some phones, but those are even low end android phones like infinix and other MTK devices . thats why they stopped collecting dual sim phones.

He can get an iphone 6 for less than 45k.
Samsungs for 40k - 50 also. And all.

I have two phones to sell though, bolt and uber driver working on them. I want to upgrade!

(1) (Reply)

Lubex Fully Synthetic Engine Oil / Mechanics In Nigeria / I Need Urgent Reply On This Pls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.