Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

How To Grow Your Business Through Pinterest - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Grow Your Business Through Pinterest (529 Views)

Increase Your Salesforce In Your Business Through Strategic Branding / This Is How A Nairalander Finally Got His Business Through Nairaland / How Do I Start Rice Wholesale Business Through Importation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Grow Your Business Through Pinterest by drealbenard(m): 9:07am On Oct 05, 2019
A QUICK PINTEREST RUN DOWN

Pinterest works like a search engine (it’s not technically ‘social media’). If you think of it like a search engine, the whole platform starts to make a lot more sense. You search for things, and then the results appear (just like Google). Only Pinterest shows its search answers in images (called ‘Pins’). So basically it’s just a big visual search engine.

Pinterest will show you all of the ‘Pins’ that it thinks you're interested in (algorithms way beyond my skill level) and then you can ‘Repin’ these items (yes, you Repin the Pins).

Pinning = adding something original to Pinterest
Repinning = someone else's Pin that you’re re-saving to a board.

You Repin to your Boards. Your Boards are like folders you create for your Pins, but they’re public (you can make them secret/private, too). This is just a way to keep all of your Pins organised.

For example, if I was a foodie and loved collecting recipes, I would search Pinterest for recipe Pins, and would save (re-pin) the Pins that I like to my different Boards. I might have Boards like “Vegetarian Recipes” and “Chicken Recipes”.

You can see my business profile here, all of my Boards, and each Pin that I have Pinned and Repinned to each of these Boards: https://www.pinterest.com/eabenard/boards

You can Repin anything you see, and you can add whatever you want (with the add Pin button, you can add images from the internet or your computer).

That’s basically the jist of it.
Pin to your heart's content, but this post isn’t about Pinning for fun (really) it’s about Pinning for Business.

So why would you want to Pin for business?
Since we’ve established that it’s just a visual search engine, then, just like wanting to be at the top of Google, you should want to be popular on Pinterest.

When you add an original Pin, you add a URL to the Pin. So people will click on your Pins, and it will take them directly to your website, or recent Blog post, or whatever address you added. All Pins link back to their source and that’s exactly what you want, traffic coming back to your website.

In a nutshell, it’s a really easy platform to use that will give you a lot of traffic (your Pins will basically live on there forever). But, you need to focus on a few key factors to really boost your Pinterest performance.

So go ahead, if you haven't already, and sign up for Pinterest for Business. If you already have a personal Pinterest account, I suggest you either start a new account for your Business, or convert your existing account to Business.

Re: How To Grow Your Business Through Pinterest by zoeA: 9:20am On Oct 05, 2019
Enlightening!

1 Like

Re: How To Grow Your Business Through Pinterest by drealbenard(m): 11:33pm On Dec 04, 2019
zoeA:
Enlightening!

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Water Damages Restoration: Floor And Carpet Cleaning / Airport Custom Clearing In Nigeria / Step By Step Guide On Production Of Medicated Powder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.