Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,156 members, 7,811,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

It Is Very Important You Scan Your Air Conditioning System Before Repair - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / It Is Very Important You Scan Your Air Conditioning System Before Repair (5360 Views)

Opinion: Car Brands With Best Chilling Air-conditioning System / Harmful Effects Of Improper Use Of Automotive Air Conditioning (Pics) / Would You Buy This Air Conditioning Motorcycle Helmet For ₦218 Thousand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Very Important You Scan Your Air Conditioning System Before Repair by mosbus: 10:28am On Oct 05, 2019
So many car air conditioning are damaged today because of try by error.
All cars model from 2000 upwards A/C are controlled by the ECU.
Air conditioning isn't just only leakage issue sometimes it could be sensor,relay or ECU.
Toyota Corolla 2010 DTC B1421.
If this fault comes up your A/C won't work
Trouble area
*solar sensor
*A/C amplifier
*harness or connector between solar sensor.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Very Important You Scan Your Air Conditioning System Before Repair by mosbus: 9:45pm On Oct 05, 2019
Send the trouble code and I will tell you the possible cause and solutions.
It free.
Re: It Is Very Important You Scan Your Air Conditioning System Before Repair by mosbus: 1:49pm On Oct 10, 2019
Diagnostic trouble code B1421 Toyota Camry 2008.
Means solar sensor circuit( passenger side).
The solar sensor is installed on the upper side of your dashboard,it detects sun light and controls the air conditioning AUTO mode.
If the sensor is faulty some times when is raining your air conditioning won't work or it might work for some time and stop.
#Trouble area
*sensor faulty
*A/C amplifier
*harness or connector between solar sensor and A/C amplifier.
*main body ECU.

Re: It Is Very Important You Scan Your Air Conditioning System Before Repair by mosbus: 9:22am On Dec 25, 2019
FREE TIPS FOR LEXUS ES USERS
HOW TO CHECK YOUR AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM:DTC CHECK/CLEAR WITHOUT USING SCANNING MACHINE.
This process work for both navigation system and without navigation system.
1,Turn your engine switch on (IG)while pressing the A/C control 'AUTO" switch and the R/F (recirculation/fresh selection switch) simultaneously.hold both switches until the indicator check screen appears.
If you perform this check in a dark place DTC 21 or 24 may be displayed even though the system is normal.
HINT.
Refering to the DTC code.when ever you see DTC 21 on your screen,it means B1421.
When there is no problems,DTC 00 will display.
2,If the step is difficult to read,push the "UPDr" switch (driver temperature up switch) to read the code easily.
#Off switch to finish panel diagnosis.
3, Clearing the error code press the "FRONT DEF" switch and "REAR DEF"switch at the same time.
Re: It Is Very Important You Scan Your Air Conditioning System Before Repair by Kingsdave(m): 9:27pm On Jul 10, 2020
My AC was out of gas I filled it a month ago in leas than 2 weeks the AC stopped cooling I went to the AC guy who filled the gas and complained he said their might be leakage but when he used something to check if the gas was still in their... There was plenty gas... He was surprised cos since there is that kind reasonable amount of gas that means the thing ain't leaking... He removed all the gas and brought another time of gas ...( canned gas not the cylinder) saying maybe the car does select gases .. He used a new type of gas... He said if the new gas disappoints I will have to change the condenser or that the condenser seal might need to be changed .. Help me sir
Re: It Is Very Important You Scan Your Air Conditioning System Before Repair by mosbus: 9:47pm On Jul 10, 2020
Kingsdave:
My AC was out of gas I filled it a month ago in leas than 2 weeks the AC stopped cooling I went to the AC guy who filled the gas and complained he said their might be leakage but when he used something to check if the gas was still in their... There was plenty gas... He was surprised cos since there is that kind reasonable amount of gas that means the thing ain't leaking... He removed all the gas and brought another time of gas ...( canned gas not the cylinder) saying maybe the car does select gases .. He used a new type of gas... He said if the new gas disappoints I will have to change the condenser or that the condenser seal might need to be changed .. Help me sir

How did he know if there is enough gas,does he makes use of manifold guage, because normally there's always a reading for every fault.if not all the jobs he's doing is try by error.

Pls beware car doesn't select gas, except if you aren't using R134A or R1234yf for recent cars.
Meanwhile some gas are writing R 134a but they aren't pure R 134a they are missed gas with R22 and R12 but that doesn't stop your car from chilling but you are endangering the life of your air conditioning system.
Make sure your technician uses manifold guage then I can help you solve the problem.
Re: It Is Very Important You Scan Your Air Conditioning System Before Repair by Kingsdave(m): 1:30pm On Jul 12, 2020
There was enough gas when he used something to puncture it enough gases emitted from dia... He didn't use any gauge... Well I suspected maybe he didn't use original R134 ....

(1) (Reply)

Anything wrong with Having/owning A Toyota Camry 2004 (big Daddy) / GAC Motor GS5 Super Price And Specifications (photos) / Advice Please - Honda Civic 2006-2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.