Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. (683 Views)

Osinbajo: I Am The Most Qualified Presidential Aspirant In APC / Moment Tinubu Disowned Osinbajo: I Have No Son Grown For Presidency (Video) / Femi Kuti Tells Osinbajo: I Won't Support Buhari At Felabration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by ebukajay184: 3:15pm On Oct 05, 2019
Igberetv reports that Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Friday delivered the 59th Independence Anniversary Lecture at the Island Club, Lagos. Read the text of the lecture below.

"I intend to do everything that is necessary, everything that I can to ensure that we achieve the promises that we made and to ensure that we achieve the kind of country that we want to achieve.

And I will do that every day, every minute, for as long and God gives me life and opportunity.

The challenges confronting us now are about strengthening internal coherence and cohesion. It is about moving from affirmations of unity to the achievement of synergy in which the sum of our strengths exceeds the totality of our constituent parts.

Opportunities for smart and visionary governance abound. So, for example, while states may not be able to right now establish their police forces, they can collaborate with Nigeria Government on initiatives such as community policing...

Our administration is currently pursuing this [community Policing] option. When we set our minds to solving problems, we will find that what is truly possible is not as distant from the ideal that we seek.

In other words, the federation can only be as rich as its richest state and as strong as its strongest state. Our national indices merely aggregate the realities of our weaknesses and strengths as present in all our constituent units.

Consequently, we can only build a stronger and more prosperous nation by building stronger and more prosperous states.

We must draw inspiration from the deep wells of our history. The founding fathers of our republic – Nnamdi Azikiwe, Obafemi Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello. These three differed on many things but shared a clear belief in the Nigeria’s boundless capacity as a united country.

Regardless of their keen rivalry, they agreed on the crucial necessity of Nigeria staying united despite the many centrifugal pressures that buffeted the young nation. On this matter of unity, their differences were those of degree rather than category.

Each of them occupied different niches on the spectrum of national integration but they all shared the view that the ideal situation was one in which a united & prosperous Nigeria took its rightful place... as the most populous black nation on Earth & the foremost black power."

http://igberetvnews.com/1045719/osinbajo-will-everything-possible-achieve-kind-country-want-photos/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by kcub: 3:48pm On Oct 05, 2019
wink ftc
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by Joylove2324(f): 3:51pm On Oct 05, 2019
Make una continue keep twisting his words, eyin werey gbogbo

Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by maybanks: 3:51pm On Oct 05, 2019
Another junk reportage from Egbere TV
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by leeport: 3:53pm On Oct 05, 2019
Igbere TV would just come and be twisting stories ... Na wah for Una .
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by demitola(m): 3:53pm On Oct 05, 2019
Much love to this man!! He knows what is required for this country to progress!!
Read his words.... "the federation can only be as rich as its richest state and as strong as its strongest state"!
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by Mcphamous(m): 3:56pm On Oct 05, 2019
We so much believe in you sir and we are sure of a brighter NIGERIA with you sir
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by Deputy1111(m): 3:59pm On Oct 05, 2019
It is always good to have a leader who understands the needs of the citizens. Osinbajo is selfless in all his actions.
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by NwekeUG(m): 4:01pm On Oct 05, 2019
Ride on sir
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by Davidic101: 4:05pm On Oct 05, 2019
That's my president. Your vision for this country is wonderful.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by Shooyie: 4:09pm On Oct 05, 2019
Keep up the good job Sir����� A man that recognizes the needs of the people.
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by ojokolax: 4:19pm On Oct 05, 2019
Once again the vice president has hit the nail in its head. The country and the citizens always come first.
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by opemilopojulo: 4:20pm On Oct 05, 2019
I believe without doubt in this .
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by okefranci: 4:25pm On Oct 05, 2019
What I know Egbere TV for is to twist the real article to suit their readers, hmmmmmm just continue with your bad habit
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by Lydia696: 4:25pm On Oct 05, 2019
Much love to this man!! He knows what is good for this country to progress!!
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by Peappy49(f): 4:35pm On Oct 05, 2019
My love for this man is just increasing
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by inioluwa03: 4:43pm On Oct 05, 2019
Egberetv or what is this online liar called, you are known for changing the original statement to another thing. Full of unprofessional journalism
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by Arubajagz: 4:44pm On Oct 05, 2019
Stand Up, for the Champion of the people AKA StarboyVP #MyOsinbajo
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by Thormiwah(m): 4:46pm On Oct 05, 2019
Even from your name is obvious u guys are madt, egbere tv
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by Softesst: 4:48pm On Oct 05, 2019
Admist the negative vibe nigeria will prevail
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by abel619: 4:50pm On Oct 05, 2019
Gbam!!! We believe you government, carry on, out mandate us already been entrusted in your hands.
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by inioluwa03: 4:52pm On Oct 05, 2019
We know this administration is doing everything possible to take this nation to better place
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by Yellowface1220(m): 5:05pm On Oct 05, 2019
Good talk from VP
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by Omotolatolulope(f): 5:20pm On Oct 05, 2019
This man has proved without doubt over and over again that we still have good orders who cares for this nation. Greatest leader of our time
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by envoymedia: 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2019
You have spoken well sir
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by EBMedia: 4:29am On Oct 06, 2019
Good one coming from the VP
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by Adex2bash: 10:22am On Oct 06, 2019
Joylove2324:
Make una continue keep twisting his words, eyin werey gbogbo
is this cancer or growth On FFK's mouth? I think he deserves that
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by Adex2bash: 10:25am On Oct 06, 2019
Osinbajo is not making mouth because that has been what he has being doing and committed to in ensuring that we have a desired and glorious Nigeria
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by Foxman19: 10:35am On Oct 06, 2019
But not in this present government Because Buhari wouldn't allow you to do what will make you popular and acceptable to the people that's the fact.
Re: Osinbajo: I Will Do Everything I Can To Achieve The Kind Of Country We Want.. by EBMedia: 5:04am On Oct 08, 2019
Ok. Let's watch and see

(1) (Reply)

News 20 New Rail Coaches’ll Arrive / . / Kogi Declares Public Holiday On Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.