Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

My Teaching Story - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Teaching Story (351 Views)

My Teaching Experience As A Corper/pyschologist In A Public And Private School. / This Thread Is Exclusively For All My Teaching Program On English Language / Inside Afe Babalola University Teaching Hospital (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Teaching Story by Greenarrow01(m): 4:44pm On Oct 05, 2019
3 plus years ago, we started this journey. Looking back now, it looks just like yesterday
The genesis of the school across actually didnt start 3 years ago. As a high student, my dad mandated me to teach my siblings during holidays. I graduated from there to teaching kids in my local church.
I grew up in a street with hundreds of kids. I alongside my siblings where the only ones in school. Other kids on the street, we either in almajiri setup or always hawking.
Dutsen wai is a rural community, no power supply, no bank and even police.
Our home almost got burnt in 2011. We were lucky, others were not that lucky

But as a 15year old boy, I knew where the core need was. I can still picture how most evenings, lying on a mat in front of our house, enjoying the card evening breeze, I did be discussing how to set up a school with my Dad. Boy! I was 15.
When I left the university system in 2016, I knew what I wanted. I knew my purpose and where I was going.
I picked up kids in my street and I started a free school. We started under a tree. I was 22, broke but determined. I didnt even have a phone, couldnt build a social media presence, whenever I want to post something online, I had to travel to the city (Zaria).
The kids,.. I lured them with biscuits and sweets lol.
A year later, we moved to an a shed.. Our number increased to about 30, I needed funds, I tried everything, I couldn't raise a dime.
I was hopeless, maybe the teaching profession was not meant for me. I lost hope and was
About to disband the school.
Then Ukrike Suwwan came out of no where.
And boom!! The growth started. Within a short period we moved to an uncompleted building and. Our population increased.
Our population soared within a short period to about 450. Patents kept bringing more kids.. And we kept rejfting them, due to space constraints.
We have within a short period changed Dutsen wai's educational space.
Falz and Nescafe also supported us with 1milliob naira
We had and we are still having challenges, for example, we learn in an uncompleted building, but the zeal is there. I alongside 13 other teachers are out here to build a better community.
God willing, we won't stop until we have a better school and a better community.
As for me, this is just my first school, I will still move to another community, then another, ans another. I won't stop. There are 11million kids in Nigeria who are not in sch.. The deserve education.

We need help pls.
Our school needs support, we started the building project last year but we still haven't done much..
Any amount will push us forward.
450 kids depend on you and me

Account name :: The Amazing Schools Project
Account number ::3138206638
Sort code: 011150000
Swift code: FBNINGLA
Bank name :: First Bank Of Nigeria PZ, Sabon gari, Zaria. Kaduna state, Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUEgUpUJn4c&t=21s

Re: My Teaching Story by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:44pm On Oct 05, 2019
You should instead give your name and adress of the school, and invite people to come and witness what you are doing....in real life, before asking for money.

There is so many scams in Nigeria, nobody in his right mind would send money to this account (without any proof that thisnis real) because anybody can open an account and then use your above video to defraud people (pretending they are the person in the video).

1st thing first is that you should have a legit website...2nd a contact number with a name associated to all this, 3rd put in place a way that the person can physically come and witness what you are doing and speak to the kids in question.
Finally, From word of mouth this thing you are doing will spread naturally.
Re: My Teaching Story by Greenarrow01(m): 1:26am On Oct 06, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
You should instead give your name and adress of the school, and invite people to come and witness what you are doing....in real life, before asking for money.

There is so many scams in Nigeria, nobody in his right mind would send money to this account (without any proof that thisnis real) because anybody can open an account and then use your above video to defraud people (pretending they are the person in the video).

1st thing first is that you should have a legit website...2nd a contact number with a name associated to all this, 3rd put in place a way that the person can physically come and witness what you are doing and speak to the kids in question.
Finally, From word of mouth this thing you are doing will spread naturally.

Thank you for your observation.
First of all.. What I am doing is legit.
Thou holed up in a small village.
We are legit.
www.theamazingschool.com
www.twitter.com/amazingschs

I am in dutsen wai.
Open to a video call with the kids and myself.
Tvc news is up there...
I am legit

(1) (Reply)

Good Samaritan Brings Back Hope To 14-year-old Orange Hawker(photos) / Ignatius Ajuru University Of Education Postgraduate School / Corps Members Sensitise Students On Skill Acquisition, Announce Scholarships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.