Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) (28704 Views)

ESUT Set To Use Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (see Details) / UNIZIK Votes In First Online SUG Elections / Mbang Confidence Campaigns For SUG Elections In UNICAL With Free Football Views (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by Evansjj(m): 6:47pm On Oct 06, 2019
madenigga:
Uniport will never do this.

In uniport to be Sug president u need to settle cultist.

Apart from that there's this unwritten law that non-indegenes can't be Sug president.

If they do it like this the ground would be leveled to know the real winner and not the VCS choice of rigged winner
lol ..but I heard it is electronic voting..

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by ifiokjohn(m): 6:51pm On Oct 06, 2019
nwamabo247:
Nice moving forward.PLEASE dear nairalanders my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from awgu L.G.A. enugu stat For almost 12yrs now i have been down with spinal cord injure.no source of income i hav been living on family support especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and title medications.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence and i am also looking for a goverment or N G O rehabilitation home for the disable. thank and GOD BLESS.see my signature below for more details.
Brother I can't help you for now but I can give you the ' Call Line' of Dunamis church..maybe if you tell them your story, hopefully they can help u....you never can tell just try or you can visit the church in abuja..

that is the number pls try and call
Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 06, 2019
Samakus:
*UNIZIK SUG election goes Digital*

The 2019 Students Union Government election held on friday 4th September 2019 was electronically based. The election commenced at 8:00am and ended by 2pm today.

Students voted at the comfort of their homes and classrooms while the University provided free Wi-Fi at the university Library for students to use freely and vote just by logging on to the election portal with their Registration Numbers and a personalized code sent to their numbers.

The progress of the election was monitored from the Situation Room by members of the Electoral Board, Candidates' agents, security agents as well as members of the University Press.

This is a new milestone in SUG elections in Nigerian tertiary institutions and will most likely be copied by other universities.

http://samakus.edublogs.org/2019/10/06/unizik-uses-electronic-voting-in-her-sug-elections/

Not to rain on your parade, but Babcock was using electronic voting as far back as 2005/2006 for its student association elections.
Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 06, 2019
Orjioorji:
See them above, you have been using and we never heard it oga tell us another lie.

Because its really not a big deal - even in my estate, we use it for Estate Association elections.
Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by richie240: 7:12pm On Oct 06, 2019
Orjioorji:
See them above, you have been using and we never heard it oga tell us another lie.
lolz.....
u tnk sey everybody be Like una wey like to dey beat chest over everything?
siddon dia!

Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by IkemChris(m): 7:13pm On Oct 06, 2019
Hail Unizik Pride of the State and Our Nation, Fountain of Knowledge and of wisdom, source of our hope and confidence......
Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by Halexgos3(m): 7:29pm On Oct 06, 2019
Nice development
Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by nwamabo247(m): 8:38pm On Oct 06, 2019
ifiokjohn:
Brother I can't help you for now but I can give you the ' Call Line' of Dunamis church..maybe if you tell them your story, hopefully they can help u....you never can tell just try or you can visit the church in abuja..

that is the number pls try and call
thanks will call them when I have recharged,am only useling freebasic to view this site
Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by ThatFairGuy: 8:53pm On Oct 06, 2019
Which SUG will lead YOU? They're worse off those that are governing us now. Wondering how ten years time in Nigeria will be embarassed
[s]
wunmi590:
Please please and please, the present government and leaders should all be sacked and elect these new elected SUG representative to lead us.

Even if they dont have any political experience, as far as I am concern they are more learned and intelligent than both past and present Nigeria leaders.

[/s]
Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by KingOdart(m): 8:59pm On Oct 06, 2019
VessyO:
It is just a shame that a good number of you Naira landers are like your fathers who have refused to acknowledge anything good coming from the East. How come we never heard that all other universities have been using electronic voting until today when UNIZIK successfully accomplished this feat? You guys go ahead and continue doing your e-voting with your empty mouths. We know where innovation always from in this country. Shame on the lazy drones who see nothing good in others. When INEC told us all that it was not possible now, you empty brains did not remember to tell them it's not lie...that so many universities are already using it. Congratulations UNIZIK.

Why are you so pain that people debunked your fake history?

It is true that other universities in Nigeria have been using E - voting

You guys are the one with low self esteem that feel the urge to brag about every little things.

You are already bragging on top of what others have been doing.

Look at this hypocrite talking about not seeing good in others like you see good in others too.

This was a screenshot of a news six years ago.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/varsities-lead-the-way-in-e-voting/amp/

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by KingOdart(m): 9:01pm On Oct 06, 2019
Orjioorji:

It is not a lie

Other universities in Nigeria have been using e - voting a long time ago

Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by KingOdart(m): 9:05pm On Oct 06, 2019
abuhusna1:
Students can lie ooo. All schools now have ut because you are reading it here. Make una show proof like op did na

It is not a lie

Other universities have been using e voting a long time ago

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/varsities-lead-the-way-in-e-voting/amp/

Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by KingOdart(m): 9:07pm On Oct 06, 2019
VAQAXY:
UNIZIK leads the rest of the universities in Nigeria

Unizik lead in what others have been doing along time ago

Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by KingOdart(m): 9:07pm On Oct 06, 2019
filcast:
"Something UNILIARS have been using since 1962". who cursed Africa?

It is not a lie

Other universities have been using it a long time ago

Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by KingOdart(m): 9:11pm On Oct 06, 2019
Anambralstson:

LAUTECH fraudsters high institution, that one no be school

So you think Unizik criminals high institution, is the school?

Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by teejona(m): 9:16pm On Oct 06, 2019
Samakus:
*UNIZIK SUG election goes Digital*

The 2019 Students Union Government election held on friday 4th September 2019 was electronically based. The election commenced at 8:00am and ended by 2pm today.

Students voted at the comfort of their homes and classrooms while the University provided free Wi-Fi at the university Library for students to use freely and vote just by logging on to the election portal with their Registration Numbers and a personalized code sent to their numbers.

The progress of the election was monitored from the Situation Room by members of the Electoral Board, Candidates' agents, security agents as well as members of the University Press.

This is a new milestone in SUG elections in Nigerian tertiary institutions and will most likely be copied by other universities.

http://samakus.edublogs.org/2019/10/06/unizik-uses-electronic-voting-in-her-sug-elections/

Nawa o UNILORIN is truly better by far. As at 2012 that I got admission I met UNILORIN using electronic voting and I voted electronically throughout my 5yrs there. Chai!

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by Sirnose(m): 10:22pm On Oct 06, 2019
Chuks9000:

Una dey horde the technology na...
you people never came to ask us to teach you.

grin grin grin cool
Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by neuroboy4: 10:28pm On Oct 06, 2019
So this is an achievement? Something we use here in UNILAG every year...
Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by NewsBlast: 10:29pm On Oct 06, 2019
southniyikaye:
something I introduced and we used in unilorin ( faculty of engineering) in the year 2010

There's a different reason why this was publicised (you will understand why if you're truly Nigerian and in Nigeria). Not the irrelevancies you're pointing out.
Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by NewsBlast: 10:30pm On Oct 06, 2019
neuroboy4:
So this is an achievement? Something we use here in UNILAG every year...

Look beyound your nose Bruh

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by SaintAY(m): 10:30pm On Oct 06, 2019
How is thia a news bayi

AAUA has been using E~voting since 2014
Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by Saliu82: 10:36pm On Oct 06, 2019
Rufus Giwa polytechnic owo also used in their last SUG election
Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 06, 2019
NewsBlast:

There's a different reason why this was publicised (you will understand why if you're truly Nigerian and in Nigeria). Not the irrelevancies you're pointing out.
what you are trying to portray as an achievement has been in existence since 2010. The same way unilorin started the CBT stuff years ago. You are trying to pin that stuff to unizik and am trying to let you know it is an archaic something. Well to you it might seem an achievement, it was a child's play when I introduced it

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by Abimbola007(m): 10:39pm On Oct 06, 2019
I can't stop laughing. Unilorin has been using electronic voting for over 5 years now. Every student has to just login to their portal and vote anywhere they are. Wifi is at everywhere within school area. Results aren't pasted, it's on your portal just login and check
Unilorin no be mate with a lot of Universities for this country at all

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2019
Orjioorji:
some of us don't consider this an achievement, ordinary e voting? Go to advanced countries, drones, software and the likes are their invention

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 06, 2019
VessyO:
It is just a shame that a good number of you Naira landers are like your fathers who have refused to acknowledge anything good coming from the East. How come we never heard that all other universities have been using electronic voting until today when UNIZIK successfully accomplished this feat? You guys go ahead and continue doing your e-voting with your empty mouths. We know where innovation always from in this country. Shame on the lazy drones who see nothing good in others. When INEC told us all that it was not possible now, you empty brains did not remember to tell them it's not true...that so many universities are already using it. Congratulations UNIZIK.
bro this isn't an achievement that's why most people didn't loud it

1 Like

Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by NewsBlast: 10:48pm On Oct 06, 2019
southniyikaye:
what you are trying to portray as an achievement has been in existence since 2010. The same way unilorin started the CBT stuff years ago. You are trying to pin that stuff to unizik and am trying to let you know it is an archaic something. Well to you it might seem an achievement, it was a child's play when I introduced it

Lol interesting that you still don't get my point. Nobody is concerned about the 'achievement'. They publicised this as a subtle message to the body conducting elections in Nigeria.

I hope its now simple enough to understand sire?
Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by zizzley(m): 10:54pm On Oct 06, 2019
madenigga:
Uniport will never do this.

In uniport to be Sug president u need to settle cultist.

Apart from that there's this unwritten law that non-indegenes can't be Sug president.

If they do it like this the ground would be leveled to know the real winner and not the VCS choice of rigged winner

If I remember well UNIPORT used this method last year, and are doing so again this year.
Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by aminusodiq(m): 6:40am On Oct 07, 2019
Topmaike007:
you mean the same lautech wey dey on strike
which strike be updated bro
Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by aminusodiq(m): 6:42am On Oct 07, 2019
Anambralstson:

LAUTECH fraudsters high institution, that one no be school

so dis one is now a schl we are beta Dan ur shithole in all ramification.... excellence, integrity and service
Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by JKriss16(m): 7:54am On Oct 07, 2019
Lucid1:

You have a point but this method of voting isn’t widespread yet at university level so the usage of ‘history’ is in order. Unical use this method too

Ok Noted
Re: UNIZIK Uses Electronic Voting In SUG Elections (Photos) by shegzydave(m): 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2019
university of ilorin have been using it for more than 5 years now, so is not a new thing jare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Is This Waec Result Good Enough To Study Business Admin In Lasu / Do you Remember Or Used This? / Flogging Children In School And At Home: Good Or Bad? Whats Your Take?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.