Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

God Hand (complete Volume 1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / God Hand (complete Volume 1) (716 Views)

Negativities Associated With Greatness Before Manifestation (volume 1) / GOD Hand(publishing Process) / Activating Angelic Intervention As Humans On Earth Volume 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Hand (complete Volume 1) by Devilpen(m): 11:55am On Oct 06, 2019
GOD HAND

From Prime Insane Universe
Written by: Olusegun Ayomide Shedrach.
www.iuprime..com
www.mideshedrach@gmail.com

Introduction
Damilola woke up again to the horrible noise of his parents, as much as he wished it would end, it was already a daily routine, hardly was there any morning his parents would not quarrel or raise their voice against each other. He laid still on his bed, and listened as they argued, his father is a police man, a detective, who was very successful, he had three houses to his name, numerous cars, and they all lived comfortable, but the reason his mother fought every morning was still odd to him.

He raised from his bed and went into the bathroom to bath and prepare for school, his room was well set, a well furnished wardrobe, a bathroom, nice interior design, a cushion chair, a television set, a PS4, but yet his life was somewhat empty, the parental love he wanted dearly was lacking.

CHAPTER 1
Happiness is Far

Damilola descended down the stairs, already prepared for school, ignoring his parents who raised their voices in each other, he got to the kitchen and right there he had his breakfast, by the time he was through, his father had already left for work.
"Your father will never listen" his mother said, well that was her daily statement after the quarrel, which was not new to Damilola.
He stared at his mother who was already busy, cleaning up the kitchen and the same time grumbling inaudible words.
"Am off" He said and walked out of the kitchen.

His mother was a woman with a very bright career, she had a cloth and cosmetics store, which was very popular, and had lot of patronage, still in her late thirties, one would think She was around age 25 or so, since she maintained herself.
Damilola arrived school late, already the first period, he walked straight to his seat, which was positioned at the very end of the class, in a class of twenty, he had no one to call a friend, well he didn't bother, since the boring life was what he actually wanted.

He brought out his sketchpad, since he considered the class boring, and it would take another hour before the class was over, he reached for his mathematical set and retrieved a pencil and began to make sketches on it.
A hand suddenly pulled off the sketchpad from him, he looked up and saw it was Mr. Duro the History teacher, Damilola quickly looked away and returned the pencil into the mathematical set.
"You've started again" Mr. Duro said with less concern and spanked Damilola on the head, and tore the sketchpad into pieces and threw it before him.
"Next time, it won't be funny" Mr Duro said and walked back to the board.
Damilola felt all eyes were on him, and he couldn't contain the humiliation he got from the history teacher.

The day looked so slow, at last the bell finally rang to signify the end of the class for the day. Damilola quickly packed up his belongings and walked out of the class.
"Damilola" A girl called him, before he could exit the class,he turned around and saw the class captain walking towards him.
He moved aside, allowing others walk out of the class.
"Your test, you failed again" Martha, the class captain said with concern in her tone.
"It's not new" Damilola replied and attempted to leave.
"Hey, wait, I see how, you try to avoid people, making them think you are bad, I get it, but, well, you have to upgrade your scores, and you know it's implications" Martha said.
Damilola gave no reply and looked away, the only thing he needed now was silence, which he was being denied of.
"Won't you reply" the annoying voice said out again
"See, you know nothing about me, I like the way I am" Damilola replied and dropped his bag, on the locker desk beside him
"I may not be right, but I know, you are thinking solitude is good for you, I lost my mom, while I was seven, my brother to cancer at age 5, I lost my dad to alcohol, the Man keeps wallowing in self pity, I created my own happiness, and am sure you haven't faced half of what I faced " Martha replied and handed him his score sheet.
"Everyone needs to be happy, and happiness is free" She said and walked out of the classroom.
Damilola sighed and also walked out of the classroom, he knew what Martha said was almost true, if not true, he needed to be happy, since his family was in disarray finding it elsewhere was what he thought to be impossible.
He and Martha boarded the same public transport, sitting beside each other.
"Hey, money for front " the bus conductor said with his thick musky voice, which he obviously made bold to pass his order.
Damilola, reached for his pocket and handed a hundred naira note to the conductor
"Na for two be dat" Damilola said and leaned his head on the window.
"Thank you" Martha said and smiled at him.
Damilola, only looked at her and nodded his head affirmatively and leaned his head back on the window.

Damilola alighted the bus, and glanced at Martha, who waved and smiled at him, he ignored her wave and walked off, even before the bus could take off.
"You and ya boyfriend dey fight ni? " the conductor said, revealing his burnt teeth, and sat on the empty space beside Martha.
"Oga face your business o, abi Wetyn concern you? " She said and shrugged her body.
The conductor hissed and clinched tight to the naira notes folded in his hand.
"Dat one na Your Own double wahala, come maka, may I teach you tactics".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Hand (complete Volume 1) by Devilpen(m): 11:57am On Oct 06, 2019
Chapter 2
A Bullet to the Leg

Damilola opened the gate and walked into the compound, seeing his fathers Highlander jeep, and his mother's land cruiser, he knew another round of heated argument was going on, just then he heard his mother screamed out loud.
Damilola quickly dashed towards the door, pulled the knob and discovered the door was locked, he ran to the back yard of the compound and pulled the door that led to the kitchen, luckily it was opened, He quickly entered into the kitchen and made his way to the living room, where his mother's voice was coming from.
"That illegal business is what is bringing money into this house" his father shouted and slapped his wife on the head and pulled her roughly to the ground with her hairs.
His mother struggled up to her feet and laid her teeth on his father's hand, he slapped her hard and brought out his pistol.
Damilola, stood fixed to one position, they never saw him Standing where he was, since they were all concerned with their fight.
"If you know your name is Anibijuwon John, pull that trigger, you'll kill me today" His mother shouted and slapped his father in the face.
"So you think I'm joking" John replied and pulled the trigger, right at her right leg.
"Ahhhhhhhh" his mother shouted and fell to the ground, as blood oozed freely from her leg, she rolled from one end to the other in pains.
John threw his gun on the table and hurriedly knelt down beside his wife, shaking on all part of his body, with tears dropping from his eyes.
"Am sorry love, it wasn't on purpose, let me tie something around it and get you to the hospital" he said and turned around to find solution, then he saw Damilola standing right at the kitchen's entrance, with shock written all over his face.
"Come here and help" He shouted and placed his hands on the wound.

The next day which was a Friday, Martha looked at her wrist watch and saw it was already forty minute past eight, She knew Damilola was a late comer, buy he was never this late, She stood up and walked to the front of class and draw everyone's attention to her.
"Who knows why Damilola is not around? " She asked.
Everyone stopped what they were doing and paid close attention to her, why was she asking if the silent ghost in the class.
"Like I care, even while he was in class, no one felt his presence" Someone said from the end of the class, which got everyone into laughter.

Martha sighed and went straight to the student log book, which was neatly placed on a shelf in the class and opened it. She ran her finger through the list and stopped at Damilola's name, she retrieved her phone and dialled his mobile number.

Damilola raised his head, from where he laid it beside his mother, who was on the sick bed, her leg bounded tight and hanged up. The knock that woke him up came again, only this time much harder than the former.
"Come in" Damilola replied and watched as the door knob turned.
Martha came in alone, holding tight to a black polythene bag, She smiled at Damilola and dropped the nylon on the shelf, which was beside the bed.
"I wasn't expecting any visitor, and I never told you to come " Damilola said and placed back his head, beside his mother.
"Is that a way to treat a friend? " His mother's voice came at him, but weakly.
Martha felt humiliated and clicked her tongue and turned around to leave.
"what's your name, I never knew Dammy had a friend " Damilola's mother said, and tried adjusting herself on the bed.
"Martha Ma, Dammy told me you fell from the stairs, hope you are doing better" Martha asked, with a complimentary smile.
"Hmm, yes, it's getting better, how long have you being friend with this block head? "
"Just yesterday he paid my transport fare" Martha replied and looked at Damilola who gave her a cold stare.
"I see, give him time, when next will you come to visit, you can check at home, 34 Drive Way"
Damilola pinched his mother lightly, and got a hit on the hand in return, with a cold look.
"I like her already, please follow Damilola home, I need to change into some clean clothes" Damilola's mother said and smiled at Martha, "Please let me see you before you leave" She said again.

Damilola smirked at Martha and the waited the next bus, he ignored her stare and looked on the busy road. Not long a smoky danfo, with a faded yellow color, stopped beside them and Damilola waited for Martha to get in before he did.
"Oya pay ya money for there o, e wole Pelu change o" The conductor said, supporting himself with his back, against the top part of the door.
Damilola brought out a five hundred naira note and passed it to the driver.
"Shuu, I no get change o" the conductor said and passed the money back.
"That's all I have"
The conductor looked angrily at him and collected back the money, while grumbling.
"For two "
While on their journey, a loud voice came from the back, which got majority of the passengers angry.
"Praise the Lord somebori" The lady said, having a blue head tie around her head, and a huge Bible which she raised up, as she shouted.
"I bring the word of God to you, this afternoon, you see my brethren, this world is full of wicked, this word you see, people just envy you for no reason... "
"na so, my sister, for no reason o" A man said from the front.

Anibijuwon John, Damilola's father, entered into his office and shakes hands with the pot bellied man, dressed in a pure blue Ankara, with costly fashion designs on it.
"My honorable " John greeted, with warm heart and sat down.
"Thats me, see, I have brought your blessing for a job well done, you know doing a bank transfer will bring unwanted attention" The man said and placed a briefcase on the table and opened it.
John, rubbed his hands together, feeling satisfied with the content in it, he closed it hastily.
"Chief, Cheif, I just like doing business with you sha, hope the bodies were cleared without trace" John asked with a stern face.
"Trust me, let me get going, I'll get back to you ehn" The man said and stood up, made a salute and hastily went out.

Chapter 3
Forced to Mix

The following week, Damilola got dressed up as usual, luckily this morning, everywhere was calm and his father proving unnecessary niceness to his mother, ever since she had been discharge from the hospital.
Damilola headed straight to the dining table and sat to eat his breakfast before he left for school.
"Dammy" His father called at him and beckoned him to come over to the living room.
Damilola quickly suspended what he was doing and walked to the living room, his mother was seated on one of the three sisters, having her band aid leg, on the table, while his father stood before her.
"I'll be away for days, probably months, police business, and I want you to take real good of your mom" John said and patted Damilola on the shoulder calmly.
"Yes dad" Damilola replied coldly.
His father sighed, he knew, he was emotionally far from his son, while he was busy taking care of his said business, but all the way, he son was suppose to be a man.
"We will talk when I get back "

Mide entered into the classroom, this time, he came early which came as a surprise to majority of the classroom, getting to where his desk was, he noticed a strange desk beside him, since it affected him in no way, he passed through and sat on his chair, and hanged his school bag on the chair.
Martha ran into the classroom and banged her hands on the desk be fo reach her drawing everyone's attention.
"Ahaha, Wetyn happen? " the girl who owned the desk shouted angrily.
Martha looked at her and returned her attention back to the entire class.
"I already sort out the football class list, and I have your names, and the squad is complete, preliminary test will begin in about twenty minutes " Martha said and opened the note book on her hand.
"James Folawe, Ayorinde Babs, Itunu Arogundade, Uche Miracle, Samuel Eze...." She called in as excitement was boldly written on everyone's face.
".....and Anibijuwon Damilola Dray" Martha called out the last name
Damilola raised up his head in shock and stared at Martha, who only smiled and walked out of the class.
"I no go gree o, which levels na " A lanky boy shouted and banged his hands on the table loudly.
"How ghost go dey the list, and I am being exempted" The boy said in disapproval and ran out of the class after Martha.
The electric bell rang, and instantly, everyone began walking out of the class, right to the football field

Damilola went into the school locker room, among others and changed into the goalkeeper's jersey, while others were chatting among themselves, he got changed and went back to the field.
The school field, which was another land entire, located at the back of the school, was wide enough to accommodate, all eleven players on both sides, and even more, the spectator's stand could also accommodate about a hundred pupils.

The full team players on both sides, came out while Damilola's teammates were dressed in white Jersey top and black shorts, the others were dressed in both red Jersey top and short.
The selection process, was to select the School's senior team, since their former players would be preparing for their final exams.
Martha ran into the field and headed for Damilola who was standing by the left pole.
"I placed you on number 7, why are you here? " She questioned, going through the jotter with her.
"I never wanted this on the first place, you persuaded me to, I like it here" Damilola replied angrily.
"Martha, Oya gbeff comot oo" The referee shouted and blew his whistles loudly at her.
Martha sneezed, and raised her head up, and smiled at Damilola before running off the field.
The game immediately began, with the opposition, taking the first pass, cheering from the crowd and beating of the drum only made Damilola more tensed amd nervous, the opposition easily breaking the midfield and giving successful and brilliant passes, till the broke the defense, the last defender, ran forward in the box eighteen and gave a slide tackle, but the one with the ball, stopped the ball, and passed it to his team mate who ran up to him, the boy used all his power, and gave the ball a fierce hit, which sent it to the top right corner of the goal post.
Damilola dived after the ball, using the last tip of his fingers to push the ball over the net to a corner.
Everybody went wild, with happiness, at the brilliant save from Damilola. Two of his team mates ran up to him and rubbed his head, while others gave him a brief handshake, and each manning their opposition in the box for the corner kick.
The kick came, and Damilola dived into the air, and grabbed the ball before anyone could go for a header, and Del on his side to the ground, covering the ball with his body.
Martha shouted with joy from where she was, and ran in different direction, the teachers gave a loud applaud to Damilola, seeing the raw talent he possessed.

The half time came to an end, each team going out of the field for a brief rest, with the score board still being nil on both side, but the possession and ball on target wasn't in favour of Damilola's team.
While a teacher was giving them a brief talk and adjustment tactics, Damilola knew what the teacher was saying was totally wrong. Damilola raised up his hand, and spoke when the teacher told him to proceed.
"The problem is not with the defense, it's the formation, Simon and Jesse, are much huge than thier defense, an added advantage if they are put on top strike, with five midfielders, and three defenders" Damilola said, and caught everyone by surprise.
The school ghost was actually a geni, with father argument, the adjustment Damilola made was implemented.
The second half really was in favour of the Damilola's team, as their opponents found it difficult to break through the midfield, which frustrated them and made them resort to an outside strike, which Damilola made sure he caught them, and gave a pass to the nearest man, so the ball could be arranged.
In the seventy eight minute, Damilola's team threw in the first goal, and in ten minutes from then, another one went in again, using the advantage of their opponents tiredness.

The fans ran into the field, and ran towards Damilola and lifted him high into the air, Damilola in his entire life, till then, hasn't felt such love, for the first time, he had a smile on his face.
The principal, mounted the podium, and gave a speech commending both teams, and their efforts, and another series on praise on Damilola
"The man of the match award goes to our able goalie, and also we would like to tell you our first senior eleven has being Choosen, Damilola's team, are all chosen, with him being the captain, that's a special offer from the game master" The principal said and when he was through he alighted the podium and everyone disbanded and back to other school activities.
Damilola sat on his seat, and was surprised Martha was the one who had her desk next to him, soon everyone gathered around him, which made him lively, he felt like something was filled in him, well no one knew he could relate well, with great humor.
Martha sat on her seat and hit Damilola on the arm.
"And they perfectly fit each other" A girl said, which threw everyone into laughter.

2 Likes

Re: God Hand (complete Volume 1) by Devilpen(m): 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2019
Chapter 4
The Ghost and The Traveller

Damilola made himself comfortable by the window seat of the school bus, which would be taking them on excursion, this year he had decided to move along, and also another reason was because he already someone he could talk to.
"Ghost "
Damilola looked up to his right and there, Martha was making herself comfortable on the seat next to him.
He smirked and looked out through the window, as teachers also made preparation before boarding the bus.
"What made you change your mind? " Martha asked and placed her bag on her leg.
"Nothing much, just felt like going this time around"
Martha raised her eyebrows and widened her lips
"I actually convinced the teachers, so technically I organized it"
"Good for you"
"At least try and pass a good compliment, it won't kill you" Martha lamented and decided to keep mute.
John brought out his pistol and sniffed the barrel, then exhaled, before him was a man tied to the ceramic center table in the huge living room, a woman and a little girl also tied and laid facing down.
"You were warned to pull out of the race, and what did you do?, you want to act as a Messiah? " John said, pacing round the room, while the woman wailed silently.
"Aren't you suppose to protect the less privilege, see what you turned out to, a political messenger" the man said boldly and spitted to the ground.
"Don't judge me, if you are not in my shoes, have you seen how dark the nation is, no ammunition, no vehicle to go on emergency, stupid salary being paid and still not steady, I'll do anything to survival" John said and cocked his gun.
"In your next life, you'll learn to listen to simple instruction" John said and grabbed a pillow on the chair, walked closer to the man with the barrel of the gun tightly pinned to the pillow and he pulled the trigger.
"And you, well you've seen me, so " John said and shot the lady and her child.

Damilola inserted his ear piece into his ear, and relaxed his head on the seat, trying as much as possible to get himself free from Martha's constant questions which was beginning bore him.
"Keep up with the snubs" Martha said and cleared her throat.
Speaking with Damilola seemed like She was craving for his attention, which She had to put in check, he was just to heart hardened for her sake, She sighed and stood up from her seat, also looking at the grasses on both side of the road as thr bus moved without any hindrance.
"Martha, Ghost has successfully ghosted you" A fat boy said from the last seat in the bus, which threw everyone into laughter.
"Mind your business" Martha replied and sat back angrily.

The front tyre of the bus, suddenly busted and instantly it shredded into pieces, the shock jolted Rhone right into reality, few instantly creeping into their heart. Damilola pulled off his ear piece, and held tight to the seat before him, while Martha held tight to him.
The driver, tried controlling the steering, to balance the bus, stepping on breaks, then realized the brakes were already faulty, the more he tried to struggle the more he lost it.
The bus, somersaulted, rolling over and stop abruptly, sending huge piece of metal into the highway, and spillage of Blood all around the road.
A Lexus car stopped some distance away from the wrecked bus, and a man quickly alighted and pulled of his glasses, revealing his eyes which were tightly closed like he was blind.
"No evil shall pass my sight, vengeance if of God and I am his instrument" The man said as a golden staff with green orb on the tip formed in his hand.
Right where the wrecked bus was, was a huge minster, looking horrible, having two tails behind, an abnormal urge chest and long arms. The creature leaped about happily as it rolled in the blood that flowed out from the bus.
The man, squinted his eyes, taking aim at the creature, and a green fireball shot out from the staff, hitting the creature hard and sending it to the floor, the creature snarled and scrambled into the bush.
The staff faded off the man's hand as he ran up to the bus, getting to the boss, which had all its four wheel facing up.
"Are you okay? " a voice said straining, as another feminine voice whimper in pain.
The man placed his hands in an opening on the bus and ripped it apart, making a wide opening.
"Here, grab my hands" the man said to Martha, and carefully pulled her out of the bus, then Damilola.
The wind suddenly went cold, as cold whisper filled the air.
"We have to get to the hospital, get in my car" The man said and followed behind Damilola and Martha, supporting them with his hands.
A loud rattling noise, came from the bush, getting their attention.
"I knew they would come back" the man said and gently pulled the kids behind.
"Who? " Damilola asked.
"Them" the man said and the golden staff appeared in his hands.
"Stay behind me"
Damilola and Martha found it hard to comprehend all what happened within that short moment. The man grinned as a green ball shot out from the staff colliding with an unforeseen force, which resulted in a huge blast.
The man grinned and hit the bottom of his staff on the ground, making a portal form before them.
"Get in"
Without any hesitation, Martha ran in first, leaving Damilola with no option than to follow.

Chapter 5
The Traveller

John paced found his room, constantly looking at his phone, while his wife was seated on the chair, looking restless.
It's being two days since the accident, with only Damilola and Martha being the only people missing, which had sparked up different theories, while some believed, the bus was ambushed and two of the kidnapped and was made to look like an accident, others came up with the theory that they had been killed by strange creatures.
"Hello Constable" John said as he quickly answered his phone.
"What do you mean no lead, my son has being kidnapped, get in touch with Senator Ebuka and tell him he has to return the favor he owes me" John shouted angrily and hanged up his phone.
"Hmm, you see my words are coming to pass" John's wife said and began shaking her leg.
"What do you mean? " John paused his pacing and turned around facing his wife, looking annoyed.
"I told you to stop illegal deal, you are a bad egg in the police, now see, the only way they could think of getting back to you is kidnapping your son, our son to teach you a lesson"
John bit his lips, as the words left a painful impact on his heart.
"Don't go there woman" John shouted in reply and walked out of the living room.

Ads
Damilola sat next to Martha in the huge living room they all ran into from the portal, which quickly shut behind them as the man ran out last, making a soft noise.
"I'll have to check you guys up, and make sure you're okay, before getting you back to where you belong" the man said and removed his glasses and pulled off his suit, leaving his blue collar shirt on.
Martha looked at Damilola with her eyes wide opened, hoping all She witnessed was a dream, the only time She had ever came about something familiar were in stories or fictional movies.
Damilola looked back at her, as blank as He could be, and focused on the man, returning back to them with a first aid kit.
"So, Huhn, where were you all going to? " The man asked as he gently cleaned the blood on Martha's face, with a cotton wool
"Excursion to a wide life park" Damilola replied and helped himself to a piece of cotton wool.
"It's a miracle you both are alive" the man said and sniffed into the air.
Damilola fixed his gaze on the man's face, his eyes were totally closed, like it was glued together, which literally means he should be blind and unable to see, but there he was doing and moving about.
"You think am blind, well to the ordinary human I am, but I see clearly, strange things happens" The man replied as he grabbed a methylated spirit from the first aid box.
"Who are you? " Martha asked
The man held Martha's arm firmly, as he prepared to apply the spirit on her wound.
"I'm Daniel by name, once a Doctor, am also known as The Traveller" The man replied, with a smile on his face.
"It's you, my Dad talked about some kind of superhuman and stuffs, but it was confidential" Damilola said, waiting patiently for his turn to apply the spirit.
"If you Dad is a police, a detective, he should know about that, the government made it died down, and secretly hunting people like us" Daniel replied and moved towards Damilola.
"Just too much to comprehend, you kids have known enough" Daniel replied.
The door that led to the living room, came open, drawing their attention to Ann (Read The Traveller) , who didn't notice anyone, She leaned on the door, after locking it, raised her head up and sighed out loudly, with tears running down her cheeks.
"Dan, where are you"
"Right here" Daniel replied, which sent Ann into a startled mode, since She wasn't expecting anyone, not even Daniel to be in the room.
"I have been to Remi's home, searching for you, how dare you leave me" Ann barked loudly and angrily, dropping her hand bag to the ground and walked towards Daniel
"Easy am back, these kids needs to get back home, they got whacked by some kind of Blood sucking demon" Daniel said and carefully dropped a blood filled wool on the floor.
Ann looked at the children and sighed, trying to calm herself, and also to sound reasonable
"This is the kind of stuff Remi gets to handle, you're just a time traveller, Remi has lived more than a hundred generation, so he should know about this" Ann said and walked towards the first aid box and handed a plaster to Daniel.
"I've thought about it, help me get in touch with him"
Damilola widened his lips, trying to comprehend the strange terms Ann used, time traveler, lived more than a hundred generation, surely there was more to life than he thought.
While Martha only got more interested, realizing the fictions were actually real.
"Remi, I'll need you to come around, please it's urgent".
Before Ann could drop her phone on the table, the door bell rang.
"He is here, COME IN"

1 Like

Re: God Hand (complete Volume 1) by Devilpen(m): 12:03pm On Oct 06, 2019
Chapter 6
A Vessel in the Making

Remi leaned on the wall of the living room and watched as Daniel finished up with treating the children.
Ever since the issue with Leviathan, Everyone had kept a low status, each of them blending back into the normal society, except for Daniel who dealt with the Time Realm, and strange creatures which was hidden to the normal human sight.
"Thank you for everything" Damilola said and stood up, expecting Daniel to do whatever he did that brought them here to also take them where they belonged.
"Am glad I witnessed something extraordinary " Martha said, and winced as She felt a sharp pain in her face.
John opened the driver door of his Land Cruiser and pulled out his pistol, which he kept beside the gear box.
"Everytime you threaten me with a gun, and you think that will scare me off, find my son this very moment " His wife shouted, banging her fist on the car.
"I'll kill you and nothing, nobody will ever question my action" John shouted, pressing the barrel of his gun against his wife's forehead.
She gasped as He pressed the gun hard on her head, making her neck uncomfortable
"You better do, or else, get ready to explain to the whole world, how you managed to build this kind of wealth for yourself, corruption runs through you entire vein".
John bit his lips in regret, finding it impossible to control his anger, He smacked the butt of his pistol against her hear, sending Her straight to the floor.
She screamed loud in agony, and sprang up, and dipped her teeth into his right arm.
John winced in pain, pushing her off to the ground again, he cocked his gun and shot her in the stomach, without attending to her, he entered into his car and zoomed off.

Two weeks Later

Damilola rolled on his bed, weeping uncontrollable, although He didn't have much motherly love from his late mother, Her being dead, felt like a huge part of him was ripped out from His body.
He tried as much as possible to calm himself, but the more he tried the more it looked harder and felt impossible.
"Dammy, I'm off to work, and I might no coming back in weeks, when I return, we will talk about your mother" His father's voice came from his door post.
Damilola raised his already swollen face and threw an object at the door.
"Don't worry, you'll get over it" His Father's voice said again.
After about an hour, Damilola stood up from his bed and walked to the living room, He could still remember vividly how His father didn't hesitate to shoot His mother on the leg, how he had done it, with no feeling of regret. He knew the story his father told the family members was pure and undiluted lie, He was certain his father pulled the trigger and no one else, or any political thug was involved.
But due to the nature of his job, everyone had no other option than to believe him.
"It's a world full of lies" Damilola said and wiped his tears off before going out of the house.
John parked his car at the available parking space and alighted, He sighed and pulled off his dark glasses, and raised his head up, looking at the giant letters on the huge building, before walking in.
"Mr. John" A man dressed in plain white shirt and black trouser welcomed Him and led Him into the elevator.
"So, why the urgent call, Samson" John asked, watching Samson press a button in the elevator.
"Well, you are the only one we could think of, and this is just a gift to appreciate you for all your job well done for us. " Samson replied smiling.
"Talk"
Samson pulled his shirt by the edge and moved his head about.
"Leviathan, the underground movement, they came up with some kind of syndrome, and you are the one I can think of"
John swiftly turned around, grabbed Samson by the collar and jammed him against the wall of the elevator
"You are nicely inviting me to be a lab test " John thundered and pulled out his gun, and placed the barrel under Samson's jaw
"John, listen to me, this is more than a lab test, John, please" Samson begged already sweating profusely.

Damilola opened the school gate and walked in heading straight to his class, getting to the hall way, He met the Principal. It was the normal routine of the Principal, to always move about, when classes was on his sole aim to catch and punish wanderers who had no specific reason to be out of class.
The School had about twenty classroom blocks, each having nothing less than ten huge and well spaced class, five on the left and right row, each facing each other.
"Dammy, why are you in school, by this time, and even without the proper dress code? " The Principal asked calmly, unlike his usual strict form.
"Nobody home, and I thought the best place to come was here"
"Hmm, we heard about your mother's death, and we are truly sorry the staff decided to pay a visit after school hour today"
"It's of no need Sir, since my Dad is not home and I'm here already" Damilola replied, faking a smile.
"Alright get to class, and be calm alright"
Chapter 7
A Test Subject

Damilola opened the door to his room, noticing something usual, He signalled Martha to stop.
"What's wrong? "
Damilola looked back at Martha and pushed the door open
"Nothing, just that it takes long before the door comes open" Damilola replied and walked in.
Damilola moved aside, allowing Martha to come in, Her coming here wasn't what he planned but She had invited on coming along, so as to help him with the little She could, laundry and most importantly aiding him in cooking, since Is mother was no more.
She heaved, looking round the huge and massive living room, the graffiti painting on the wall, alone was enough to blow ones mind.
"Wow" Marty said and made herself comfortable on the soft cushion chair.
"What's wow" Damilola asked, returning from the kitchen with a bottle water and a glass cup.
"I've, you know, I live in a two bedroom flat, so" Martha said shyly
"But still your Parents could still afford such expensive school, you're rich" Damilola said trying to make Martha fell comfortable
"Well, that's still unexplainable " Martha replied with a smile on her face and received the cup from Damilola.
A painting on the wall suddenly fell to the ground, which startled Martha, unconsciously jumping to her feet. She heaved with relieve and looked at Damilola, who wasn't surprised, Damilola smiled and walked towards the painting to pick it up, just then the television screen broke into pieces.
"Now that's weird " Martha said, feeling unease.
Damilola tried composing himself, although it was obvious he was really scared, if not more than Martha.
The glass cup suddenly rised from the table and hit against Martha's head, making her instantly unconscious.

"Martha" Damilola screamed as he watched her fell on the chair.
Attempting to get closer to her, He felt a strong unforeseen hand pull him by the leg, and without any struggle, he lost balance and fell to the ground, which followed next by a hard hit against his face.
Damilola groaned in as he fell to the ground, already exhausted, he slowly closed his eyes.

John closed the door of the jeep,and waved at whoever was in it as it disappeared into the distance, He smiled and opened the brown envelope with him, glad at the content it contained, John dipped it into his pocket and walked towards his car, inserting the key into the key hole of his car, his phone vibrated
"This better be business" He said to himself, as he hastily retrieved his phone from his back pocket.
"Hello" He said and paused for a long while.
His eyes widened as the person on the other end spoke, quickly he opened the door of his car, still having the phone to his ear.
"Samson, if anything happens to my son, you'll see the sun tomorrow, I swear to God" John shouted angrily and threw the phone on the dashboard, and quickly ignited his car.
Damilola unconscious body was laid on a hospital bed, and was tightly strapped to the bed metallic frame, while Martha was also laid beside him.
A lady walked into the lab, accompanied by three men and Samson, She removed her dark glasses and tapped her heels on the ground in a rhythmic pattern, Her overall green gown, matching perfectly with her dark complexion.
"In the absence of Crocodile " The lady said and blew the gum in her mouth.
"John had always think himself invisible, it's just of way of making him get the clear message that, you don't work with Leviathan and still please the devil, Belzeebub and Lucifer still works together " Samson said, and folded his hands together into each other.
"It's just a 10% chance this syndrome will work out" A man in blue shirt and brown trouser said, staring at Damilola, then to Martha.
"Start the process, we shouldn't delay anything"
John recklessly overtook a taxi and turned the steering, taking a quickly turn to the right, He grabbed his phone and dividing his attention into two, concentrating on the driving and at the same time handling his phone, He dialed Samson's number, impatiently waiting for Samson to pick up.
"Christ" John shouted, dropped his phone and pulled the hand brake of the car, turning the steering in order to gain control, so as to avoid colliding with the mobile food vendor before Him.
He listened as Samson's number rang, hoping he would answer his call.
"Bodies will drop" John said angrily and pushed the gear of the car forward.
John alighted his car quickly and slammed the door, and ran towards the door that lead to Samson's company's reception hall.
"Where is Samson? " John asked the lady, at the reception desk.
"Do you have an appointment with him? "
"CHRIST! " John shouted and slammed his palm on the desk "Do I look like a stranger here, or is this the first time seeing me here? " John asked angrily.
"Sir, it just protocol"
John muffled and brought out his gun and cocked it
The girl gasped, as fear gripped her and quickly placed a call
"Sir, Detective John is around, he wants to see you"
The girl quickly hanged up and gulped hard
"He asked you to come to Alagbaka, he said you know where to find him there" The Girl said and wiped sweat off her face.
John sighed and without wasting time he dashed out of the building.

Damilola opened his eyes as a syringe pulled out from his arm, he groaned and tried moving but felt restriction, He tilted his head to the right and saw Martha laying on a � talk bed few inches away from him. He looked at the man dressed in a lab coat and covering his nose with a medical nose mask, holding a syringe in his hand and another lady holding a medical tray, standing next to the man.
The door came open and Samson walked in, having a stern look on his face
"Halt the process, His father is just coming to his right sense" Samson said
"Sir, the girl, She didn't make it" The man said, pointing to Martha
"Dispose her"
Damilola opened his eyes widely, knowing they were referring to Martha
"Hey, what have you done to her?" Damilola asked, trying to free himself from the bed.
"I owe you no explanation " Samson replied and walked out.

John ignore the traffic light, and drove recklessly, luckily avoiding collision with a farm truck, but not without a deep scratch on the body of his car, He sighed and pushed the gear forward and stepped on the accelerator, overtaking a car.
He drifted his car, facing a black gate which had a lion carving on both sides of the gate halves.
"Open up" John said and angrily blared the horn of his car.
Soon the gate came open by itself and John drove his car in recklessly, bashing the gate, he alighted his car, leaving the door open, he ran up to the door of the huge building. Entering into the living room, John walked towards the wall, and pushed his hand on it. The wall opened like a door, Samson standing on the other end, with three huge body guards by his sides.
"Where is my son? "
Samson nodded his head in disapproval and took a deep breath
"I see you are ready to comply, your son is alright, the process was halted, follow me"
Damilola fell to the ground, feeling weak and exhausted, two body guard pulled him up by the arm and draggedhim out of the room.
"Where is Martha? " Damilola managed to say, but his voice was faint.
The guards ignored his question and sat him on an armed chair. The door before them came opened, and John walked in, seeing his son, he quickly ran up to him, kneeling before him.
"Dammy are you alright? " John asked, using his right hand to pull Damilola's face up
John studied his son and flared up in anger
"His pupils are dilated, what have you done to him?" John asked angrily and attempted to attack Samson, but was sent to the ground, by a heavy punch from one of the body guard.
"You came to your senses late, he is strong, he should survive the main process was not yet injected into his blood stream"
"Argh" John groaned and slowly pulled himself up
"Let me tell you what this is, this was supposed to be a cure for Ebola, but somehow it was tweaked, seeing this the British Government ordered the product be halted, and destroyed, but the maker saw an opportunity and sent the last samples to Libya, where our correspondent brought it here to Nigeria, since this country is a dumping ground, our quest for more power is what is making us do this, and you John is the perfect subject " Samson said
"Take him to the lab" Samson ordered the guards who wasted no time in roughly picking John from the ground.
Re: God Hand (complete Volume 1) by Devilpen(m): 12:04pm On Oct 06, 2019
Chapter 8
A New Being
Three Months Later

A dark human figure, jumped from a rooftop, landing softly on another, it rolled on its back and swiftly stood to its feet, looking at the half moon light, then to the empty and lonely street, as three cars drove in and stopped in front of a huge gate after about three minutes the gate came open and the cars drove in.

Damilola tapped the alarm gadget beside his bed and let out a slight cough, three months ago, no one will believe, he would recover quickly from whatever disease held him, but here he was looking even better than before more relief was knowing Martha was also alive.
As bad as their experience was, no one had the guts to tell a third party what happened to them, the previous week at school, Martha had only said She only remembered the crashing of the television set and nothing else, only to find herself at the hospital, and her being a victim of kidnappers, miraculously surviving.
Damilola had decided not to press the issue any further, since he knew what happened and keeping Martha in the dark will only make things safer.
He stood up and walked towards the standing mirror, admiring himself, he raised up his hands and sighed, somehow he knew he was looking different, not bothering much He proceeded to the bathroom.
John rested His head on His office desk, adjusting himself on the chair, he used his hands to move the files on the table aside.
The door to his office came open, a lanky man with a complete Muslim attire entered into his office and gently tapped his fingers on the table.
"Detective John" The man said and made himself comfortable on the available chair.
John raised his heads up slowly, his eyes looking heavy like it had been denied sleep.
"Alhaji " John muttered and rested his head again.
"Are you okay? "
"I am, just trying to relax"
"Good, Commissioner for Road and Transport, sent me to you" Alhaji said and brought out a white envelop
"Some people are actually trying to prove smart, he wants you to do the needful, all necessary informations are here"
John raised his head and collected the envelop from Alhaji, and tore it open. The door to his office opened and closed by itself, like the wind had done it, which startled John.
"It's just the wind" Alhaji said and stood up to take his leave
"Yes, the wind" John replied, looking at the girl that stood near the window, leaning on the wall, looking ,at Alhaji, it was obvious he didn't see anything.
Damilola closed his sketchpad, immediately the the electric bell in the classroom rang, he sighed as he flashback to the horrible accident, how he survived without any scratch was still a miracle, even he could not find any reasonable answer to it, His eyes filled with tears, getting back home to see His mother was already gone, then next was the horrible experience, he had three months ago.
"Ghost, you're crying" A boy said and tapped him on the shoulder.
"Let him be, he already lost his mother, he has a lot to think of" Martha said know defense and pushed the boy off.
"Seems I caused you a lot of trouble " Damilola said to Martha, while wiping of the tears from his face.
"Nothing much, although I feel like I'm missing some things" Martha said, and flipped opened Damilola's sketchpad.
"When do I get a sketch of myself?" Martha asked flipping through the pages of the sketch pad
"You never asked for it, until now" Damilola replied calmly.
Martha shrugged and looked at Damilola with a curious look
"You are odd, come, let's go to the field" She said, and closed the pad.

John slid over his office table to the ground, groaning softly, He quickly stood up and dodged the punch the girl threw at him, grabbing her by the arm, he applied enough force and flipped the girl over, making her crash on the table.
"What's this?" John lamented and pushed the girl to the ground
"The Syndrome worked on you, only a meta can See Me, and with the way you handle this, you already mastered your powers " The girl said as She stood up
"And how does that affect you? "
"You life now belongs to Leviathan"
"Damn Leviathan, those Bastard forced me into it and I owe no one apology" John said and gradually his hands began to bring out dark thick fumes, which gradually crawled up half of his arms, turning it black and a bit shiny.
"What kind of power is that? " the girl asked herself and took a defense stand.
John jumped over the table, his feet finding a suitable spot on the girls neck, which made her loss ground, and slammed her head on the edge of the table.
John sighed and raised her up, lifting her by the neck, he pinned her on the wall, and made a fist.
"I hope when you die, you still remain invisible to the normal eyes" He said and punched the girl on the head, shattering her skull.
He stopped Her body to the floor and picked the white envelop up, cleaned it and walked out of his office.
Damilola reluctantly changed into the goalkeeper's Jersey and ran up to the field, sluggishly walking to his designated goal post, the leather ball suddenly hit hard against his head, and made him loss balance.
"Ghost, ogbeni walk fast jare, we don't have all day" a boy on the opposing side shouted, mockingly.
Damilola stood up and and turned around, and walked up towards the boy.
"Apologies" Damilola said, walking angrily.
Martha quickly ran into the field and held Damilola by the arm
"Hey, leave him" Martha pleaded, pulling Damilola back.
"You wan fight, no leave him, let him come" the boy shouted, beating his chest hard.
"Martha leave me" Damilola shouted and freed himself from Martha's grip.
Walking hastily towards the boy, Damilola dodged the punch that came at his face, with quickly reflex, Damilola punched the boy on the face, without delaying, He gave the boy a headbutt.
Martha gasped seeing Damilola's hand glowing.
Damilola held the boy by the shirt and rolled him to the ground.
"Somebody should hold him" Martha shouted, noticing it was already getting out of hand.
She cursed, seeing no one was ready to separate them, since they were really enjoying the fight scene.
She ran up to Damilola and hugged him right, preventing him from giving another strike. The boy cried in agony as blood rushed out from his nose and some part of his face also.
John came out from a boutique (THE_PULCHERS HUB), holding a shopping bag in his hand, he threw it into his car through the window and entered into the car, he rebrougut out a black face mask from the bag and returned it back to the beg, and ignites his car.
John parked his car, beside a local food canteen in the garage, and alighted, walking among the crowd in the park, he sighted a group of men, about four in number, caking passengers to the buses and at the same time chatting with themselves
"Ekason (Good afternoon) " John greeted them.
"Hey brutha, Lagos, Ibadan, enter there" One of the men replied, attempting to lead John to the available bus
"Am looking for Chairman, Honorable Busayo sent a message to him through me" John said and brought out the white envelop from his pocket.
"tele mi (follow me)" a man said and turned towards the direction of the canteen.
The man raised the curtain that led into the canteen and walked towards a fat pot bellied man, who was busy with hot yam flour and egusi soup, and large meat, beside the food was a keg of palmwine.
"Oga" the man said and went out immediately
John sat down opposite the man and pulled the palmwine keg to himself and raised it to his mouth.
"Were wo ni eleyi? (who is this mad man)" the man shouted annoyingly, drawing other customers attention.
John brought out his gun and laid it on the table, and also his Police Identity Card
"Ahh, you for talk, wetyn you want? "
John wiped the wine traces on his moustache and sighed before passing the envelop to the man.
Hurriedly biting off a piece of meat, the man dipped his had into a bowl of water and washed his hand then used a napkin to clean the water off.
"I don tell Commissioner say dix thing no possible" the man said and lowered his tone " Oga at the top, dey ask for seventy pahcent, Commissioner dey ask for fifty pahcent, me my self I go settle boys " the man lamented.
"E no concern me, settle Commissioner wella, or else na die you dey " John said and stood up.

Chapter 9
Me to the World

Damilola walked out sluggishly, out of the Principal's office, his head down. The final verdict of the school was really annoying, He was no way at fault, all He asked for was an apology and his opponent threw the first punch, which he had to retaliate to, suspending him for two weeks was too strict, not that he was the brilliant type anyway, but him sitting at home for two weeks was really frustrating.
"What was the decision? " Martha asked, walking up to him hastily.
"Two weeks suspension" Damilola replied still having his heads down.
"Wow, not like we are really doing anything, Dammy " Martha said and stopped walking.
"What? "
"You're changing, that anger, I've never seen you like that, and I saw you hands glowing, maybe those were tricks, but something is happening to you " Martha said calmly trying not to annoy him.
"Thanks for observing, can I go? "
Martha clicked her tongue and sighed, maybe She was taking it too far, She thought and decide to let it pass.
Standing at the bus stop, Damilola flagged down a bus and patiently let Martha in before entering, sitting beside her, he sighed and looked at her.
"I was weird today"
"Hmm" Martha replied and looked away.
Damilola brought out his wallet and brought out a hundred naira note and passed it to the conductor.
"Two" He said as the conductor received the money from him.
"I thought you never kept malice" Damilola said looking at her, with a bright smile.
"I don't, I thought you wanted space for yourself, you just passed your stop" Marty said, pointing outside the window.
"I know, am escorting you home"

John opened the door to Samson's office, without further thinking, he flipped the heavy wood office table before Samson over, crashing it against the wall. One of the few things that bothered John's mind was how Samson made profit from the contraband cure that was later tweaked. Although John didn't bother for justice as long as, he had job to take care of, His promotion would have come in handy, but he knew how to play his cards well, the promotion will only put him at limelight and responsibility of tackling corruption which means tackling himself, even his Detective was majorly done by his partner, who had on so many occasion filed reports against John, but all his report never came back with response.
"Tell me, how and why you need more of that stuff? "
Samson smiled, adjusted his hair and stood up.
"Don't try to intimidate me, you should grateful I gave you this powers, and to how it pays me, there is a movement greater than you, so relax, sit down and watch as the whole drama unfolds" Samson replied and snapped his fingers.
The table flipped in a revised action, string itself back to its former position and all the books and files also, flipped back, rearranging themselves neatly, like it was before John threw it over.
John moved back a step, watching as the table rearranged itself.
"Like I said, it's bigger than you"
Damilola followed behind Martha, still walking down the rough and rugged street, Damilola carefully followed Martha as She jumped over the mud, to a better ground.
"There, that's where I live, with my father, he is sure not around, he has problem with alcohol" Martha said, and jumped over mud water, and at the same time avoiding the splash which a motorist made.
Damilola looked at the building Martha pointed at, having faded green paint, the house from afar looked unbalanced to Damilola, as what he saw was a building which could collapse if much strain was put on it.
Martha ushered Damilola in, feeling a bit sunhat sout the setting of the room, the room only had one rugged and worn out three sitter, which also looked rickety. Damilola sighed and gently sat down on the chair, avoiding resting his full weight on it.
"So this is were you come from everyday? " Damilola asked, looking at the sack made ceiling.
"Hmm " Martha replied, feeling hurt by the question, and She dropped her bag on the dirty table.
"I mean the distance, and the road, no one would believe " Damilola said.
A loud cry suddenly came from the street, hearing the horrible noise and as it got louder, Martha looked through the window and quickly ran out through the door. Damilola also stood up and ran after Martha, the third building opposite Martha's house, had already gone up in flames, a cry could be heard from the burning building.
"My child, six month old o" A woman shouted in agony run from one end to another. Soon a group of young boys gathered around with bucket containing sand, and began pouring at the flame, while some hurriedly brought water.
"Call firefighters " Damilola Sid tapping Martha on the shoulder.
"Really, like you don't know what part of the world you live in" Martha replied and looked back at the burning building.
Damilola felt a force urging him to enter into the building and do something, sweat broke out from his forehead, knowing what he was about doing was pure foolishness, contemplating weather to go or not, He felt pressure on his arms, like all the blood in his body was building up on both arms.

Damilola whispered into Martha's ear while trying to subdue the pain building up in his hands.
Martha turned around and saw His hands, the veins looking like they would pop out any seconds, and simultaneous glowing of His hands.
"Christ, Dammy "
Damilola muffled and like an unforeseen urged him on, the urge to go inside the burning house got stronger, He himself found it hard to resist. Damilola ran forwards and jumped into the burning house.
He coughed loud as he got inside, covering his nose with his cloth, a burning wood broke apart from the top, and fell at Him, with swift reflex, Damilola caught and threw it aside, listening carefully to the infant cry, Damilola hurried his way to the bathroom.
"Shey people still dey craze this days ni? "
Martha opened her mouth agape, hoping Damilola was alright, to her what He did was no sign of bravery but foolishness, but any way all She cared about was him making the day.
Damilola jumped out of the burning house through the window, making it shatter to the ground, he rolled on the floor, quickly picked himself up and leaped put of thecompound as the building gave a loud boom sound.
Damilola curled his body around the crying baby, and gradually people began to gather around Him. He stood up, already having the smell of smoke on him, and his face all blackened due to the smoke and the fire, the baby cooed at him, as He let out a bright smile at the baby, and handed it over to its mother.
Praises from different angles began showering on him, even the mother of the baby insisted he received the amount She offered him as a sign of her appreciation.
Damilola looked at Martha and ran up to her, stretching his hands forward.
"I didn't know how"
Later that night, Damilola stood in front of his standing mirror and scrutinized his hands, groaning hard, hoping something would happen, after much attempt he finally gave up.
"Maybe it was just some time thing"He said and retired to his bed.

1:09 am
A dark figure stood on the highway, intercepting the Military convoy, which escorted his target.
The figure, dressed in overall black outfit, with a gun, tucked by the waist, and a black face mask, to his the identity of whoever it was.
The military vehicle in front halted, followed by others, and quickly Armed military men alighted taking cover beside the truck.
"Move aside" the man said and signalled with his finger.
"Kill him" A soldier ordered and immediately the found the trigger and fired at the man before them.
Effortlessly the figure leaped into the sky, and landed on the bonnet of the military vehicle, shattering the windscreen, he rolled over and swept a soldier off the ground and smacked his fist against his face, he rolled forward, dodging the bullets coming at him, grabbed the barrel of a gun, pulled it off the soldier's grip and smakced the butt on his face, he turned the gun around and sprayed mercilessly at the soldiers, dropping them dead.

The figure walked up to the white SUV jeep, which was guarded by the military vehicles, He opened the owners corner and pulled down the lanky looking man dressed in white agbada.
"I've warned you to call off the case" The masked man said and pushed the man against the car.
"Who are you? " the man asked with a shaky voice.
"Answer me, I do the questioning, why didn't you call off the case?"
"Justice, I was robbed off my hard earned money in broad daylight, these stupid politician thinks they are above everyone "
The masked man shaked his head and placed his hands on the man's shoulder, thick black fumes began emitting from the masked man hands, quickly crawling up his arm.
"You should have listened " the masked man said and pressed his palms tightly against the man's shoulder, making it give a cracking sound.
"Ahhh" the man muffled in pain
"Simple instruction, justice is dead, maybe alive, but it's far in this country" The masked man said and continued pressing his hand on the man's shoulder.
"You... Thhh... Iiiiink, I'll beg for mercy, kill me and let my soul hunt you"
The masked man grinned and smacked his fist against the man's face, dislocating the neck bones.
"Fool"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Hand (complete Volume 1) by Devilpen(m): 12:07pm On Oct 06, 2019
Chapter 10
Burden

Damilola threw the game pad to the ground and lid on the ground, his third day at home, two weeks of suspension now looked like eternity to him.
"You Lose" the voice from the game he was playing filled the entire room.
"God" He said and stood up, since the last time he had the new experience, he has tried every means to turn it back on, but it all looked impossible, maybe it was a one time thing was what he had used to make himself feel better, even though he knew it couldn't be just one.
His attention turned to his phone, which made a popping sound, he picked it and looked at the message.
"It's late, home alone" Damilola said and turned the face of his phone down.
He looked at the phone and turned it off, he picked a novel and opened through the pages, he yawned and soon he fell asleep.

"We were ambushed, his face was covered, the way he fought was so fast" a man said to John.
John paid close attention writing down the necessary details, the man before him was giving out. He looked at the huge man standing beside him, and then to the tape board on the wall, having a sketch of the masked man.
"He looks like that? " John's partner asked the man, pointing to the sketch on the wall.
"Yes, exactly", His hands also brings out black smoke, and it's like it's metallic"
Clement, John's partner sighed and stared at John, He himself had no clue, since he had not come across the masked man or Devil Hand as he was tagged.
"That'll be all, we will call you when we need you, thanks for cooperating" John said and shook hands with the ma before he left.
"I know, we both know you know who this vigilante is" Clement said, looking at John coldly.
"Dude, because you hate me doesn't mean, I have to be your Prime suspect" John deployed in defense and stood up from His seat.
"Go home, your wife and children waits their father, it's late already" John said and opened the door to go out.
"You might have succeeded in deceiving others, but I know you killed your wife, I saw the bullet" Clement said and sat on the table.
"Clement, be careful what you say, accusing me because of hate won't do you any good"
"Always watch your back" Clement said and cocked his gun, then pointed it at John
"Kaboom!!" Clement imitated the sound of the gun and dropped it on the table "John, I'm watching "

Damilola suddenly jumped off the bed, gasping for breath, He gulped hard, and felt a sharp pain in his throat, He sighed and watched as sweat dropped of his face to the floor and all his body already soaked with sweat.
He turned on his phone and switched on the torch, looking at his arm, his night dress was already burnt around the arm level, He looked beside him and saw the burnt pieces.
"What's wrong? " He asked himself.
Damilola pulled off the night dressed, standing before the mirror, he pointed the top h to himself only to discover, his muscles had increased, he felt his arm and noticed how mildly hard it was.
Already denied sleep, Damilola said on his bed and opened his phone contact list, scrolling to Martha's contact, He pressed it down and clicked on message.
Martha followed Damilola to his room, following behind Him, Her previous experience had made Her even more cautious.
"Alright" Damilola said, on getting to his room, He picked up the night dress and laid it on the bed.
"I don't know how it got burnt" He said pointing to the burnt cloth and next to the burnt pieces on the bed.
Martha picked a piece and looked at it closely, then back to Damilola.
"It's odd, but seeing someone open a portal in the real world, and another who is super fast, I have no option than to belive" She paused, scrutinizing the piece "Seems you have powers, you know in movies I've seen, it's normal you don't know you have, until you pay close attention"
"I don't understand "
"You also look different, your body, your face" Martha said attempting to touch his face.
"I know, I know, just" Damilola said and knocked off Martha's hand.
Martha looked round the room and walked towards the police baton which were hanged on the wall, She took one and turned to Damilola.
"What are you doing? " Damilola asked confused.
"I don't know" Martha said and quickly smacked the baton against Damilola's left arm.

Immediately the baton made contact with Damilola's arm, it shattered into many pieces.
"Look at that" Martha shouted excitedly and pointed to Damilola's glowing arm.
Damilola closed it up, with His mouth widely opened, He admired it and looked at Martha.
"Wow"
"So that's it afterall, the glowing shred the cloth, which means no long sleeves" Martha said and sat down on the bed.
"But"
"No But, you're lucky to have this, I would be happy if I had, just that it's a burden, when a threat comes up, you know the superhero things"
"Well it's between you and I, and no super hero anything, I can't risk my life over other people's problem" Damilola said and switched on the television.
"Hope it doesn't get to that, but you know for every action, there is a reaction" Martha said.
Damilola paused for a while, something struck his mind, the day he was injected, Martha too was also injected and She survived which means, She also had powers that were yet to manifest.
"Martha" He called put suddenly and turned to face her
"What? "
"Nothing, I was just overthinking" He said and faked a smile "I was thinking, we should find something to eat, down the street"

The End

Credit Scene

"Martha, the action and reaction, there is news going about a night vigilante with smoky hands"

"I'm God Hand, I'm Heavens Instrument"
Damilola dashed into the highway, leaping over an incoming vehicle, he gained stand and, picked momentum again, adjusting the black mask on his face, which was making it difficult for him to breath.
He felt the urge, urging him to crawl up the building before him, giving in, Damilola jumped on the wall, his hands gripping it tight, he pulled himself up on the wall, getting to the rooftop, he saw the bag thieve, running as fast as his legs could carry him...............

Coming Soon
God Hand (Volume Two)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Block

Hi, my name is Olusegun Ayomide Shedrach, Popularly known as Devilpen, it's a great pleasure having you on this train, I hope you enjoyed the ride, I did.

The Prime Insane Universe, will do it's best to bring you the best of its series, it's all we do, it's what we are good at.
Please leave a review on our blog @ www.iuprime..com, or our gmail @ www.mideshedrach@gmail.com and you can contact us 08129563535

See you soon.

Best Regards
Team Prime.
Re: God Hand (complete Volume 1) by 198800Mam(m): 1:59pm On Oct 06, 2019
NICE WORK KIP IT COMING
Re: God Hand (complete Volume 1) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 06, 2019
Interesting

read more love and romance story on

www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: God Hand (complete Volume 1) by skubido(m): 10:29am On Oct 08, 2019
Wow, enjoy the journey fa, nice wan.

Thanks man,,,, waiting for the volume two

(1) (Reply)

My Instagram Love / My Youth Began With Him / An Ice Cube Of Fire (an Expositonary Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 225
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.