Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

GOD Hand(publishing Process) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / GOD Hand(publishing Process) (1337 Views)

God Hand (complete Volume 1) / GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals / How Nigerian Authors Can Get The Best From Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GOD Hand(publishing Process) by Devilpen(m): 7:13pm On Aug 04, 2019
Good day family. So this story is undergoing it's publishing process and I will be happy, if reviews are coming in, as I will be dropping the first chapter. Please help me review and tell me where I am getting it wrong.

And also Early Access to the story will be granted to few via email, before it goes in for sale.
Thank you.

Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by Devilpen(m): 7:13pm On Aug 04, 2019
From Prime Insane Universe
Written by: Olusegun Ayomide Shedrach.
www.iuprime..com
www.mideshedrach@gmail.com

Introduction
Damilola woke up again to the horrible noise of his parents, as much as he wished it would end, it was already a daily routine, hardly was there any morning his parents would not quarrel or raise their voice against each other. He laid still on his bed, and listened as they argued, his father is a police man, a detective, who was very successful, he had three houses to his name, numerous cars, and they all lived comfortable, but the reason his mother fought every morning was still odd to him.

He raised from his bed and went into the bathroom to bath and prepare for school, his room was well set, a well furnished wardrobe, a bathroom, nice interior design, a cushion chair, a television set, a PS4, but yet his life was somewhat empty, the parental love he wanted dearly was lacking.

CHAPTER 1
Damilola descended down the stairs, already prepared for school, ignoring his parents who raised their voices in each other, he got to the kitchen and right there he had his breakfast, by the time he was through, his father had already left for work.
"Your father will never listen" his mother said, well that was her daily statement after the quarrel, which was new to Damilola.
He stared at mother who was already busy, cleaning up the kitchen and the same time grumbling inaudible words.
"Am off" He said and walked out of the kitchen.

His mother was a woman with a very bright career, she had a cloth and cosmetics store, which was very popular, and had lot of patronage, still in her late thirties, one would think She was around age 25 or so, since she maintained herself.
Damilola arrived school late, already the first period, he walked straight to his seat, which was positioned at the very end of the class, in a class of twenty, he had no one to call a friend, well he didn't bother, since the boring life was what he actually wanted.

He brought out his sketchpad, since he considered the class boring, and it would take another hour before the class was over, he reached for his mathematical set and retrieved a pencil and began to make sketches on it.
A hand suddenly pulled off the sketchpad from him, he looked up and saw it was Mr. Duro the History teacher, Damilola quickly looked away and returned the pencil into the mathematical set.
"You've started again" Mr. Duro said with less concern and spanked Damilola on the head, and tore the sketchpad into pieces and threw it before him.
"Next time, it won't be funny" Mr Duro said and walked back to the board.
Damilola felt all eyes were on him, and he couldn't contain the humiliation he got from the history teacher.

The day looked so slow, at last the bell finally rang to signify the end of the class for the day. Damilola quickly packed up his belongings and walked out of the class.
"Damilola" A girl called him, before he could exit the class,he turned around and saw the class captain walking towards him.
He moved aside, allowing others walk out of the class.
"Your test, you failed again" Martha, the class captain said with concern in her tone.
"It's not new" Damilola replied and attempted to leave.
"Hey, wait, I see how, you try to avoid people, making them think you are bad, I get it, but, well, you have to upgrade your scores, and you know it's implications" Martha said.
Damilola gave no reply and looked away, the only thing he needed now was silence, which he was being denied of.
"Won't you reply" the annoying voice said out again
"See, you know nothing about me, I like the way I am" Damilola replied and dropped his bag, on the locker desk beside him
"I may not, but I know, you are think solitude is good for you,i lost my mom, while I was seven, my brother to cancer at age 5,i lost my dad to alcohol, the Man keeps wallowing in self pity, I created my own happiness, and am sure you haven't faced half of what I faced " Martha replied and handed him his score sheet.
"Everyone needs to be happy, and happiness is free" She said and walked out of the classroom.
Damilola sighed and also walked out of the classroom, he knew what Martha said was almost true, if not true, he needed to be happy, since his family was in disarray finding it elsewhere was what he thought to be impossible.
He and Martha boarded the same public transport, sitting beside each other, yet no one talked to each other.
"Hey, money for front " the bus conductor said with his thick musky voice, which he obviously made bold to pass his order.
Damilola, reached for his pocket and handed a hundred naira note to the conductor
"Na for two be dat" Damilola said and leaned his head on the window.
"Thank you" Martha said and smiled at him.
Damilola, only looked at her and nodded his head affirmatively and leaned his head back on the window.

Publishing Process........ Project 00PRIME.....

1 Like

Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by Devilpen(m): 7:14pm On Aug 04, 2019
More chapters to be updated soon...... Please support a brother.
Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by tunjilee003: 8:47pm On Aug 04, 2019
i love this but I think instead of using damilola why don't you use an English name for The main character.....
Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by Bobosneh: 9:43pm On Aug 04, 2019
tunjilee003:
i love this but I think instead of using damilola why don't you use an English name for The main character.....
yes that's i like the most about devilpen the way he used nigerian names in his stories instead of English is what made him different from the rest. using English names will not make the more or less interesting
Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by Devilpen(m): 9:46pm On Aug 04, 2019
tunjilee003:
alright so, we take that into consideration. If only we can get a name that looks kind of traditional and at the same time English like
Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by Hardes(m): 7:15am On Aug 05, 2019
Following observantly
Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by horlahprayer(f): 7:25am On Aug 05, 2019
Wow..The First Episode Got Me Glued To This Story
Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by Devilpen(m): 4:42pm On Aug 05, 2019
Happiness is free

Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by Devilpen(m): 5:35pm On Aug 05, 2019
Damilola highlighted the bus, and glanced at Martha, who waved and smiled at him, he ignored her wave and walked off, even before the bus could take off.
"You and ya boyfriend dey fight ni? " the conductor said, revealing his burnt teeth, and sat on the empty space beside Martha.
"Oga face your business o, abi Wetyn concern you? " She said as shrugged her body.
The conductor hissed and clinched tight to the naira notes folded in his hand.
"Dat one na Your Own double wahala, come maka, may I teach you tactics".

Chapter 2
Damilola opened the gate and walked into the compound, seeing his father5s Highlander jeep, and his mother's land cruiser, he knew another round of heated argument was going on, just then he heard his mother screamed out loud.
Damilola quickly dashed towards the door, pulled the knob and discovered the door was locked, he ran to the back yard of the compound and pulled the door that led to the kitchen, luckily it was opened, He quickly entered into the kitchen and made his way to the living room, where his mother's voice was coming from.
"That illegal business is what is bringing money into this house" his father shouted and slapped his wife in the head and pulled her roughly to the ground,with her hairs.
His mother struggled up to her feet and laid her teeth on his father's hand, he slapped her hard and brought out his pistol.
Damilola, stood fixed to one position, they never saw him Standing where he was, since they were all concerned with their fight.
"If you know your name is Anibijuwon John, pull that trigger, you'll kill me today" His mother shouted and slapped his father inn the face.
"So you think I'm joking" John replied and pulled the trigger, right at her right leg.
"Ahhhhhhhh" his mother shouted and fell to the ground, as blood oozed freely from her leg, she rolled from one end to the other in pains.
John threw his gun on the table and hurriedly knelt down beside his wife, shaking in all part of his body, with tears dropping from his eyes.
"Am sorry love, it wasn't on purpose, let me tie something around it and get you to the hospital" he said and turned around to find solution, then he saw Damilola standing right at the kitchen's entrance, with shock written all over his face.
"Come here and help" He shouted and placed his hands on the wound.
Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by germaphobe(m): 8:20pm On Aug 05, 2019
the native name for the main character id dope, no need to change it, cyprian, achebe and chimamanda dat uses native names didn't they go far in literature. Always trying to be like the whites is what's killing us africans.
Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by Devilpen(m): 7:42pm On Aug 06, 2019
The next day which was a Friday, Martha looked at her wrist watch and saw it was already forty minute past eight, She knew Damilola was a late comer, buy he was never this late, She stood up and walked to the front of class and draw their attention to her.
"Who knows why Damilola is not around? " She asked.
Everyone stopped what they were doing and paid close attention to her, why was she asking if the silent ghost in the class.
"Like I care, even while he was in class, no one felt his presence" Someone said from the end of the class, which got everyone into laughter.

Martha sighed and went straight to the student log book, which was neatly placed on a shelf in the class and opened it. She ran her finger through the list and stopped at Damilola's name, she retrieved her phone and dialled his mobile number.

Damilola raised his head, from where he laid it beside his mother, who was on the sick bed, her leg bounded tight and hanged up. The knock that woke him up came again, only this time much harder than the former.
"Come in" Damilola replied and watched as the door knob turned.
Martha came in alone, holding tight to a black polythene bag, She smiled at Damilola and dropped the nylon on the shelf, which was beside the bed.
"I wasn't expecting any visitor, and I never told you to come " Damilola said and placed back his head, beside his mother.
"Is that a way to treat a friend? " His mother's voice came at him, but weakly
Martha, felt humiliated and clicked her tongue and turned around to leave.
"what's your name, I never knew Dammy had a friend " Damilola's mother said, and tried adjusting herself on the bed.
"Martha Ma, Dammy told me you fell from the stairs, hope you are doing better" Martha asked, with a complimentary smile.
"Hmm, yes, it's getting better, how long have you being friend with this block head? "
"Just yesterday he paid my transport fare" Martha replied and looked at Damilola who gave her a cold stare.
"I see, give him time, when next will you come to visit, you can check at home, 34 Drive Way"
Damilola pinched his mother lightly, and got a hit on the hand in return, with a cold look.
"I like her already, please follow Damilola home, I need to change into some clean clothes" Damilola's mother said and smiled at Martha, "Please let me see you before you leave" She said again.

Damilola smirked at Martha and the waited the next bus, he ignored her stare and looked on the busy road. Not long a smoky danfo, with a faded yellow color, stooped beside them and Damilola waited for Martha to get in before he did.
"Oya pay ya money for there o, e wole Pelu change o" The conductor said, supporting himself with his back, against the top part of the door.
Damilola brought out a five hundred naira note and passed it to the driver.
"Shuu, I no get change o" the conductor said and passed the money back.
"That's all I have"
The conductor looked angrily at him and collected back the money, while grumbling.
"For two "
While on their journey, a loud voice came from the back, which got majority of the passengers angry.
"Praise the Lord somebori" The lady said, having a blue head tie around her head, and a huge Bible which she raised up, as she shouted.
"I bring the word of God to you, this afternoon, you see my brethren, this world is full of wicked, this word you see, people just envy you for no reason... "
"na so, my sister, for no reason o" A man said from the front.

Anibijuwon John, Damilola's father, entered into his office and shakes hands with the pot bellied man, dressed in a pure blue Ankara, with costly fashion designs on it.
"My honorable " John greeted, with warm heart and sat down.
"Thats me, see, I have brought your blessing for a job well done, you know doing a bank transfer will bring unwanted attention" The man said and placed a briefcase on the table and opened it.
John, rubbed his hands together, feeling satisfied with the content in it, he closed it hastily.
"Chief, Cheif, I just like doing business with you sha, hope the bodies were cleared without trace" John asked with a stern face.
"Trust me, let me get going, I'll get back to you ehn" The man said and stood up, made a salute and hastily went out.

Chapter 3
Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by tunjilee003: 10:09pm On Aug 06, 2019
seems John is into some shady deals
Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by Hardes(m): 1:19pm On Aug 07, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by germaphobe(m): 5:00pm On Aug 07, 2019
we're following boss, ride on
Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by Devilpen(m): 7:44pm On Aug 10, 2019
The following week, Damilola got dressed up as usual, luckily this morning, everywhere was calm and his father proving unnecessary niceness to his mother, ever since she had been discharge from the hospital.
Damilola headed straight to the dining table and sat to eat his breakfast before he left for school.
"Dammy" His father called at him and beckoned him to come over to the living room.
Damilola quickly suspended what he was doing and walked to the living room, his mother was seated on one of the three sisters, having her band aid leg, on the table, while his father stood before her.
"I'll be away for days, probably months, police business, and I want you to take real good of your mom" John said and patted Damilola on the shoulder calmly.
"Yes dad" Damilola replied coldly.
His father sighed, he knew, he was emotionally far from his son, while he was busy taking care of his said business, but all the way, he son was suppose to be a man.
"We will talk when I get back "

Mide entered into the classroom, this time, he came early which came as a surprise to majority of the classroom, getting to where his desk was, he noticed a strange desk beside him, since it affected him in no way, he passed through and sat on his chair, and hanged his school bag on the chair.
Martha ran into the classroom and banged her hands on the desk be fo reach her drawing everyone's attention.
"Ahaha, Wetyn happen? " the girl who owned the desk shouted angrily.
Martha looked at her and returned her attention back to the entire class.
"I already sort out the football class list, and I have your names, and the squad is complete, preliminary test will begin in about twenty minutes " Martha said and opened the note book on her hand.
"James Folawe, Ayorinde Babs, Itunu Arogundade, Uche Miracle, Samuel Eze...." She called in as excitement was boldly written on everyone's face.
".....and Anibijuwon Damilola Dray" Martha called out the last name
Damilola raised up his head in shock and stared at Martha, who only smiled and walked out of the class.
"I no go gree o, which levels na " A lanky boy shouted and banged his hands on the table loudly.
"How ghost go dey the list, and I am being exempted" The boy said in disapproval and ran out of the class after Martha.
The electric bell rang, and instantly, everyone began walking out of the class, right to the football field

1 Like

Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by Hardes(m): 5:50am On Aug 11, 2019
Hmmm, what's Martha up to.
Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by Devilpen(m): 5:02pm On Aug 11, 2019
Damilola went into the school locker room, among others and changed into the goalkeeper's jersey, while others were chatting among themselves, he got changed and went back to the field.
The school field, which was another land entire, located at the back of the school, was wide enough to accommodate, all eleven players on both sides, and even more, the spectator's stand could also accommodate about a hundred pupils.

The full team players on both sides, came out while Damilola's teammates were dressed in white Jersey top and black shorts, the others were dressed in both red Jersey top and short.
The selection process, was to select the School's senior team, since their former players would be preparing for their final exams.
Martha ran into the field and headed for Damilola who was standing by the left pole.
"I placed you on number 7, why are you here? " She questioned, going through the jotter with her.
"I never wanted this on the first place, you persuaded me to, I like it here" Damilola replied angrily.
"Martha, Oya gbeff comot oo" The referee shouted and blew his whistles loudly at her.
Martha sneezed, and raised her head up, and smiled at Damilola before running off the field.
The game immediately began, with the opposition, taking the first pass, cheering from the crowd and beating of the drum only made Damilola more tensed amd nervous, the opposition easily breaking the midfield and giving successful and brilliant passes, till the broke the defense, the last defender, ran forward in the box eighteen and gave a slide tackle, but the one with the ball, stopped the ball, and passed it to his team mate who ran up to him, the boy used all him power, and gave the ball a fierce hit, which sent it to the top right corner of the goal post.
Damilola dived after the ball, using the last tip of his fingers to push the ball over the net to a corner.
Everybody went wild, with happiness, at the brilliant save from Damilola. Two of his team mates ran up to him and rubbed his head, while others gave him a brief handshake, and each manning their opposition in the box for the corner kick.
The kick came, and Damilola dived into the air, and grabbed the ball before anyone could go for a header, and Del on his side to the ground, covering the ball with his body.
Martha shouted with joy from where she was, and ran in different direction, the teachers gave a loud applaud to Damilola, seeing the raw talent he possessed.

The half time came to an end, each team going out of the field for a brief rest, with the score board still being nil on both side, but the possession and ball on target wasn't in favour of Damilola's team.
While a teacher was giving them a brief talk and adjustment tactics, Damilola knew what the teacher was saying was totally wrong. Damilola raised up his hand, and spoke when the teacher told him to proceed.
"The problem is not with the defense, it's the formation, Simon and Jesse, are much huge than thier defense, an added advantage if they are put on top strike, with five midfielders, and three defenders" Damilola said, and caught everyone by surprise.
The school ghost was actually a geni, with father argument, the adjustment Damilola made was implemented.
The second half really was in favour of the Damilola's team, as their opponents found it difficult to break through the midfield, which frustrated them and made them resort to an outside strike, which Damilola made sure he caught them, and gave a pass to the nearest man, so the ball could be arranged.
In the seventy eight minute, Damilola's team threw in the first goal, and in ten minutes from then, another one went in again, using the advantage of their opponents tiredness.

The fans ran into the field, and ran towards Damilola and lifted him high into the air, Damilola in his entire life, till then, hasn't felt such love, for the first time, he had a smile on his face.
The principal, mounted the podium, and gave a speech commending both teams, and their efforts, and another series on praise on Damilola
"The man of the match award goes to our able goalie, and also we would like to tell you our first senior eleven has being Choosen, Damilola's team, are all chosen, with him being the captain, that's a special offer from the game master" The principal said and when he was through he alighted the podium and everyone disbanded and back to other school activities.

Mide sat on his seat, and was surprised Martha was the one who had her desk next to him, soon everyone gathered around him, which made him lively, he felt like something was filled in him, well no one knew he could relate well, with great humor.
Martha sat on her seat and hit Damilola on the arm.
"And they perfectly fit each other" A girl said, which threw everyone into laughter.
Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by Hardes(m): 7:45pm On Aug 11, 2019
undecidedFit each other as in.�
Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by Devilpen(m): 8:56pm On Sep 02, 2019
........................................................Don't judge me, if you are not in my shoes, have you seen how dark the nation is, no ammunition, no vehicle to go on emergency, stupid salary being paid and still not steady, I'll do anything to survival" John said and cocked his gun.
"In your next life, you'll learn to listen to simple instruction" John said and grabbed a pillow on the chair, walked closer to the man with the barrel of the gun tightly pinned to the pillow and he pulled the trigger.
"And you, well you've seen me, so " John said and shot the lady and her child.

Damilola inserted his ear piece into his ear, and relaxed his head on the seat, trying as much as possible to get himself free from Martha's constant questions which was beginning bore him.
"Keep up with the snubs" Martha said and cleared her throat.
Speaking with Damilola seemed like She was craving for his attention, which She had to put in check, he was just to heart hardened for her sake, She sighed and stood up from her seat, also looking at the grasses on both side of the road as thr bus moved without any hindrance.
"Martha, Ghost has successfully ghosted you" A fat boy said from the last seat in the bus, which threw everyone into laughter.
"Mind your business" Martha replied and sat back angrily.

The front tyre of the bus, suddenly busted and instantly it shredded into pieces, the shock jolted Rhone right into reality, few instantly creeping into their heart. Damilola pulled off his ear piece, and held tight to the seat before him, while Martha held tight to him.
The driver, tried controlling the steering, to balance the bus, stepping on breaks, then realized the brakes were already faulty, the more he tried to struggle the more he lost it.
The bus, somersaulted, rolling over and stop abruptly, sending huge piece of metal into the highway, and spillage of Blood all around the road.
A Lexus car stopped some distance away from the wrecked bus, and a man quickly alighted and pulled of his glasses, revealing his eyes which were tightly closed like he was blind.
"No evil shall pass my sight, vengeance if of God and I am his instrument" The man said as a golden staff with green orb on the tip formed in his hand.
Right where the wrecked bus was, was a huge minster, looking horrible, having two tails behind, an abnormal urge chest and long arms. The creature leaped about happily as it rolled in the blood that flowed out from the bus.
The man, squinted his eyes, taking aim at the creature, and a green fireball shot out from the staff, hitting the creature hard and sending it to the floor, the creature snarled and scrambled into the bush. ........................

The Prime Insane Universe
Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by Mielekcezylil(m): 4:39pm On Sep 03, 2019
I was waiting for this story to start flowing with some power, now it has start. nice work devilpen
Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by Hardes(m): 12:35pm On Sep 07, 2019
Now this story seems to be getting to another stage.
Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by Devilpen(m): 2:01pm On Sep 09, 2019
..............held Martha's arm firmly, as he prepared to apply the spirit on her wound.
"I'm Daniel by name, once a Doctor, am also known as The Traveller" The man replied, with a smile on his face.
"It's you, my Dad talked about some kind of superhuman and stuffs, but it was confidential" Damilola said, waiting patiently for his turn to apply the spirit.
"If you Dad is a police, a detective, he should know about that, the government made it died down, and secretly hunting people like us" Daniel replied and moved towards Damilola.
"Just too much to comprehend, you kids have known enough" Daniel replied.
The door that led to the living room, came open, drawing their attention to Ann (Read The Traveller) , who didn't notice anyone, She leaned on the door, after locking it, raised her head up and sighed out loudly, with tears running down her cheeks.
"Dan, where are you"
"Right here" Daniel replied, which sent Ann into a startled mode, since She wasn't expecting anyone, not even Daniel to be in the room.
"I have been to Remi's home, searching for you, how dare you leave me" Ann barked loudly and angrily, dropping her hand bag to the ground and walked towards Daniel
"Easy am back, these kids needs to get back home, they got whacked by some kind of Blood sucking demon" Daniel said and carefully dropped a blood filled wool on the floor.
Ann looked at the children and sighed, trying to calm herself, and also to sound reasonable
"This is the kind of stuff Remi gets to handle, you're just a time traveller, Remi has lived more than a hundred generation, so he should know about this" Ann said and walked towards the first aid box and handed a plaster to Daniel.
"I've thought about it, help me get in touch with him" .............................
Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by Hardes(m): 11:28am On Sep 16, 2019
Following.
Re: GOD Hand(publishing Process) by Devilpen(m): 11:48am On Sep 16, 2019
Good day....

God Hand (Volume 1) is out for sale..

100 naira only (Hundred Naira) ...
Message on the following handles to get yours

www.mideshedrach@gmail.com

On facebook : Olusegun Ayomide Shedrach

Call or Whatsapp: 08129563535

Your Patronage will be highly appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

Dreams - Do You Have An Idea? / Why Nigerian Writers Beat Kenyans: The Makmende Revelation / Babi Allah, Asiri Abo!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.