Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,006 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations (47513 Views)

Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud / Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra / Inside Yahaya Bello's Multi-Billion Naira Mansion By TheNigeriaTimes.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by frankputer: 4:21pm On Oct 06, 2019
Cheap tomatos everywhere in d north now.

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by Ahmed0336(m): 4:23pm On Oct 06, 2019
King44:
left for me the bother should be permanently closed till we are 95% self sufficient
Seconded

3 Likes

Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by King44(m): 4:31pm On Oct 06, 2019
In as much as Buhari is a fk president he would be remembered and continuously commended for this policy, this is the only policy that is of great benefit to the entire nation as a whole

3 Likes

Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by webngnews: 4:36pm On Oct 06, 2019
hmmm
Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by may320: 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2019
Greenhouse produces genetically breeded tomatoes/food items. I hope they wouldn't kee people finish with this non-natural fertilized food items. This is just my personal opinion.
I wish to read comments from those who are versed in this greenhouse operations to learn more. sad

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by maasoap(m): 4:46pm On Oct 06, 2019
TissuePaper:
Where is the picture of the farm?

When will bloggers in this country have sense undecided

Honestly speaking, I clicked on this thread because I wanted to look at the pictures of the facilities. It is a shame!
Modified: pictures added. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by TissuePaper: 4:47pm On Oct 06, 2019
able20:

They probably hid the pictures for security reasons, North is very hot nowadays.
i see
Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by maasoap(m): 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2019
King44:
left for me the border should be permanently closed till we are 95% self sufficient how I wish I am already the man I want to be omo see chance to begin dominate economy for life but it is quite unfortunate that some still don't see anything good about the policy later one business man would come out to say there is monopoly chance dey ground now to also take part u dey look

There was one thread last week about the border closure and we ended up discussing Dangote and cement, some dudes were accusing him being monopolistic in nature. I challenged them if Dangote prevent any other rich or wealthy Nigerians from investing in manufacturing sector, they couldn't say anything. The man is gradually moving into the agricultural and oil and gas sectors too.
I told them about his failed tomato paste company that had shut operation twice in the past due to absence of raw tomatoes to feed the company. That was to show them that not all Dangote businesses venturing succeed, the man is just relentless. I didn't even know that he had already taken this step to ensure continous supply of tomato fruit from the farmers. You know what one idiot said, he called me one of his employees. Lol
He needs to get into ICT, I hope he realises this earlier.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by DNSPro: 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2019
madenigga:
Nice one. I wonder the reason why the north is spear heading Nigeria's agriculture, despite all the land wasting down south, can't most if these governors harness it for agriculture?
that is because Southern leaders are more evil than they are trying to make use believe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 06, 2019
madenigga:
Nice one. I wonder the reason why the north is spear heading Nigeria's agriculture, despite all the land wasting down south, can't most if these governors harness it for agriculture?

The 100bn given to Fulani herdsmen...do you think the northern governors contributed it?

What the south don't know is Federal government is working on making the south economically dead especially Eastern commerce
Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by Asnafsaeed(m): 5:02pm On Oct 06, 2019
maasoap:

Honestly speaking, I clicked on this thread because I wanted to look at the pictures of the facilities. It is a shame!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by Asnafsaeed(m): 5:04pm On Oct 06, 2019
I forgot to add the pictures
TissuePaper:
Where is the picture of the farm?

When will bloggers in this country have sense undecided

3 Likes

Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by martowskin1(m): 5:05pm On Oct 06, 2019
madenigga:

Also wonder why they keep running to the south to feed their cow

2 Likes

Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by DNSPro: 5:09pm On Oct 06, 2019
may320:
Greenhouse produces genetically breeded tomatoes/food items. I hope they wouldn't kee people finish with this non-natural fertilized food items. This is just my personal opinion.
I wish to read comments from those who are versed in this greenhouse operations to learn more. sad
why do you think Dangote and Bill Gates are friends? Haq Haq Haq
Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by TissuePaper: 5:10pm On Oct 06, 2019
Asnafsaeed:
I forgot to add the pictures
great

Sorry for my earlier retort

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by Geedy: 5:13pm On Oct 06, 2019
Weytin be Greenhouse? and how e take relate to this news
Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by maasoap(m): 5:17pm On Oct 06, 2019
martowskin1:

Also wonder why they keep running to the south to feed their cow

Because they don't have enough grasses. I know that time is coming when that too will be a thing of the past. I still remember the time they refused to bring tomatoes down south as a protest against multiple taxes in Lagos and some other states. It was serious four pieces of tomatoes sold for N500. Down south here, all what we know is crying "our oil our oil". Like oil is a product of hard or soft work. Lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by VillageElder(m): 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2019
Pictures please
Asnafsaeed:
The multi-billion High–Tech Greenhouse Farm established by Dangote Farms Limited, geared at boosting the cultivation of high-quality tomatoes in the country, has commenced full production in the commercial city of Kano.

The farm which is fully automated is the first of its kind in West Africa and is expected to transform the economy of the local tomato farmers, as the technology is expected to up their harvest from the current 10 tons per acre to as much as 40 tons.

Abdulkarim Kaita, managing director of the Dangote Tomatoes Company Processing Limited, confirmed this, on Thursday, during the visit of senior officials of the Kano Office of Central Bank of Nigeria to the farm.

Speaking to BusinessDay on the sidelines of the visit, Kaita disclosed that his company `s new investment in the farm is motivated by the quest to help Nigeria stop the over $350 million that is expended on the importation of fresh and processed tomatoes yearly.

He said his company had so far, injected over #3 billion in the development of the farm, which in the next three weeks, is expected to deliver high-quality tomato seedlings to tomato farmers across the 12 states of the Federation where the commodity is heavily cultivated.

“The management of the Dangote Farms, which is a subsidiary of Dangote Tomatoes Company Processing Limited is excited to reveal the tremendous effort that we are making to ensure that Nigeria becomes self –sufficient in tomato production.

“The planting medium you are looking at is called PAT MOOSE which has the capacity of producing 350 million seedlings per season that can be used to plant an estimate 12,000 hectares of tomato farm.

“We are glad to disclose that we are the first to bring this new technology into the country and this is going to fast track the yield of our tomato farmers tremendously.

“The project is being executed under the CBN `s Tomato Anchor-Borrowers Programme. The CBN will be paying for the seedling that we cultivating, and it will be distributed to farmers.

“The PAT MOOSE process you are seeing takes 3 weeks, after which it goes to the next stage, and the whole process of growing the tomato takes just three months” he explained.

Giving further insight into the value addition which the Greenhouse farm would provide, Kaita, noted that the introduction of the technology will put an end to post-harvest losses, as well as increase the volume of the harvest of the commodity.

In the same vein, he added that the introduction of the technology would lead to the expansion of production of the commodity, beyond the over 2.5 million tons of current consumer demand.

“Based on the study under the GEMS project, Nigeria has 171,000 hectares of land for tomato production, and if you multiply this with it the over 40 tons which the technology is capable of producing per hectare that means can grow our production to around 8 million tons.

“With this in the next two years, if Government effects the ban of the importation of commodity, just as it has been done in the case of rice, Nigeria will soon become a net exporter of the commodity.

https://businessday.ng/companies/article/dangotes-multi-billion-naira-greenhouse-farm-goes-into-full-operations-in-kano/
Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by dMaverik(m): 5:20pm On Oct 06, 2019
Dont get me wrong, this is a welcome development. bt i just wanted to point out that once again the government is working for dangote.
provides capital, takes all the risk and then he carts away with the profit....
Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by Asnafsaeed(m): 5:22pm On Oct 06, 2019
VillageElder:
Pictures please

Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by cooooooks(m): 5:31pm On Oct 06, 2019
People have been planting tomatoes in greenhouses in Nigeria for a while. In an estate in Port Harcourt, a Chinese company have been growing tomatoes in a greenhouse for at least 5 years.

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by Yoighaman(m): 5:31pm On Oct 06, 2019
Good development, at least they would not be faced with herdsmen palaver.

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by tropaz(m): 5:33pm On Oct 06, 2019
madenigga:

Because thewest is filled with rush hour!!! Too much unnecessary buhaha down west bro

2 Likes

Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by Chiefochiefo(m): 5:37pm On Oct 06, 2019
Who said we don't have billionaires in the south east and west, but all they do is to build hotels and sponsor elections undecided

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by legba1(m): 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2019
Kudos to Dangote.....very soon he will have naija in his pocket with his drive and zeal couple with his billions
Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 06, 2019
madenigga:

Fulani Herdsmen have taken over the forests
Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by Commentor: 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2019
They want me to clap without pictures.

Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by Commentor: 5:52pm On Oct 06, 2019
maasoap:

There was one thread last week about the border closure and we ended up discussing Dangote and cement, some dudes were accusing him being monopolistic in nature. I challenged them if Dangote prevent any other rich or wealthy Nigeria from investing in manufacturing sector, they couldn't say anything.
I told them about his failed tomato paste company that had shut operation twice in the past due to absence of raw tomatoes to feed the company. That was to show them that not all Dangote businesses venturing succeed, the man is just relentless. I didn't even know that he had already taken this step to ensure continous supply of tomato fruit from the farmers. You know what one idiot said, he called me one of his employees. Lol

That's their stock in trade on this forum.

The minute you beat them with facts and logic you are instantly labelled BMC or Afonja or one on the payroll of whatever you lend your support towards.

Primitive minds.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by achikolo(f): 5:57pm On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

That's their stock in trade on this forum.

The minute you beat them with facts and logic you are instantly labelled BMC or Afonja or one on the payroll of whatever you lend your support towards.

Primitive minds.
[/s]
Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 06, 2019
Sirpaul:
Can Dangote buy Nigeria pls

Yes.. dangote can buy your entire linage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by achikolo(f): 6:04pm On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
Commentor:
They want me to clap without pictures.
[/s]
Re: Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations by King44(m): 6:37pm On Oct 06, 2019
maasoap:

There was one thread last week about the border closure and we ended up discussing Dangote and cement, some dudes were accusing him being monopolistic in nature. I challenged them if Dangote prevent any other rich or wealthy Nigeria from investing in manufacturing sector, they couldn't say anything.
don't mind them always looking for someone to blame for their inaction, had it been they said competition I would have agreed but monopoly no I dont

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Pulls Massive Crowd On A 3x Bigger Venue Than The APC Campaign Rally Venue / Results Are Being Tampered With- Chris Smith, US Congressman, Nigerian Election / Femi Gbajabiamila, Sanwo-Olu Attend AFCON clash between Nigeria and Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.