Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,442 members, 7,826,701 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance (1186 Views)

Titilola Adeleke Is Osun First Lady, No Confusion- Adeleke’s Spokesperson / Lawyers In The House, Pls Your Guidance Needed / Confusion Trails Whereabouts Of Sacked DSS Boss, Lawal Daura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by javaMan2346: 5:21pm On Oct 06, 2019
My father has two wives. I am the first and only son of my mother to my father. My other siblings from the other wife are there. I have always spend all my life away from my family.

My father has a land. He wants to sell it for 20million. But, I told him to sell it to me for 10million. He agreed to sell it for me. Is it right? What is your suggestions.
Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by NwaNimo1(m): 5:25pm On Oct 06, 2019
Is this a joke?

You made an offer which he accepted and you're now looking for advise?

Pay the man... hes hustled you wella.

2 Likes

Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by MetaPhysical: 5:29pm On Oct 06, 2019
Are you going into a business contract, or is it family contract?

In other words...why would you pay to get your inheritance?

Moreover, what does he need the money for? It sounds like its the only land in his possession. Why sell land to raise money? You can afford 10million for the land, why not loan your father the money?

1 Like

Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by Asnafsaeed(m): 5:31pm On Oct 06, 2019
Its illogical and irrational for him to sell it to you bcuz of the outstanding 10million he is likely to loss out or forfeit in the likelihood of him getting a potential buyer to the tune of 20million

10million is a lot of money to loss out on.. I suggest u let him sell it out for 20million if he has a buyer
javaMan2346:
My father has two wives. I am the first and only son of my mother to my father. My other siblings from the other wife are there. I have always spend all my life away from my family.

My father has a land. He wants to sell it for 20million. But, I told him to sell it to me for 10million. He agreed to sell it for me. Is it right? What is your suggestions.
Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by carzola(m): 5:43pm On Oct 06, 2019
Ur the worst fool in the history of fools

That land is ur inheritance. . U either do two things
Give ur father money to solve his problems or
Allow him sale the land 20m collect ur own share and invest it..

Why will u pay 10m for a land that can be sold for 20m
Land don finish for Nigeria? ?

1 Like

Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by javaMan2346: 6:09pm On Oct 06, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Moreover, what does he need the money for? It sounds like its the only land in his possession. Why sell land to raise money? You can afford 10million for the land, why not loan your father the money?

He has about five landed properties. He has sold three without giving any dime to me. I heard he want to sell this one(land) again. I am afraid to loan him money because the money gotten from the three properties he sold was not properly managed. I think he is actually jazz because he couldn't account for the money.

I decided to help him indirectly by buying the land from him. I know he would still sell the land even if I loan him. Please what is your kindly advice.
Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by javaMan2346: 6:12pm On Oct 06, 2019
carzola:
Ur the worst fool in the history of fools

That land is ur inheritance. . U either do two things
Give ur father money to solve his problems or
Allow him sale the land 20m collect ur own share and invest it..

Why will u pay 10m for a land that can be sold for 20m
Land don finish for Nigeria? ?

What if he sold the land and still don't give a dime to anyone?

1 Like

Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by javaMan2346: 6:15pm On Oct 06, 2019
Asnafsaeed:
Its illogical and irrational for him to sell it to you bcuz of the outstanding 10million he is likely to loss out or forfeit in the likelihood of him getting a potential buyer to the tune of 20million

10million is a lot of money to loss out on.. I suggest u let him sell it out for 20million if he has a buyer

He has no buyer yet. He only told me he wants to sell it for 20milliom. And I told him I would bring a lawyer for him to sign the necessary documents.
Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by Asnafsaeed(m): 6:19pm On Oct 06, 2019
A lawyer to sign on ur behalf or someone else, and is the agreement base on 20 or 10million with the lawyer?
javaMan2346:

He has no buyer yet. He only told me he wants to sell it for 20milliom. And I told him I would bring a lawyer for him to sign the necessary documents.
Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by javaMan2346: 7:03pm On Oct 06, 2019
Asnafsaeed:
A lawyer to sign on ur behalf or someone else, and is the agreement base on 20 or 10million with the lawyer?
A lawyer that would sign on my behalf. The agreement is based on 10million naira. My plan is to develop the land myself or resell it at 25million naira. What do see to this?
Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by JonDon12: 8:06pm On Oct 06, 2019
javaMan2346:

If you have the money, buy the land. Your father might live for many more years. Also you might have to share it with your siblings. Plus the land might no longer be there. If he wants to sell it for 20 million, he is not going to give you the 20 million.

Personally, I think you are lucky. Not every father will give you a 50% discount just because You are his son.

1 Like

Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by capitalzero: 9:52pm On Oct 06, 2019
javaMan2346:

Never try it. You ate playing with fire.
Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by famouscargo4u: 11:13pm On Oct 06, 2019
javaMan2346:

Don't buy it. Even if you show evidence you bought it, you with still have problem with your half-siblings

2 Likes

Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by javaMan2346: 6:18am On Oct 07, 2019
famouscargo4u:

Don't buy it. Even if you show evidence you bought it, you with still have problem with your half-siblings
Like what type of problems?
Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by javaMan2346: 6:19am On Oct 07, 2019
capitalzero:

Never try it. You ate playing with fire.

Please state your reasons.
Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by capitalzero: 6:29am On Oct 07, 2019
javaMan2346:

Please state your reasons.
polygamous home
Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by helinues: 6:31am On Oct 07, 2019
Even me self confused with your write up.. Why not pay the amount ? Abi why asking?
Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by Nuzo1(m): 6:55am On Oct 07, 2019
famouscargo4u:

Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by Conner44: 8:25am On Oct 07, 2019
Op better run and carry your lawyer to your house to meet your dad and sign. Pay for the land, fence then develop it.

Nobody can tell you anything concerning that land later. When your dad bought it he didn’t carry your image in diapers in his mind while the cash exchanged hands. Believe it or not your father didn’t buy that land intending to leave it for you when he dies. Land is an asset, it’s traded either for for business or securities.

Like now, today, as you’re interested in buying this particular land from your dad ... are you carrying thoughts of leaving it bushy for decades so after you’re dead Bomboy can then inherit it?

Everyone that posted talking stuff about inheritance on this thread are selfish.
Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by Bari22: 8:33am On Oct 07, 2019
MetaPhysical:

If he loan his father the money when and how will he repay the money? Some fathers used to voluntarily give a land to their sons what is his sin when he sell it to son at reduced price?
Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by famouscargo4u: 8:48am On Oct 07, 2019
[quote author=Nuzo1 post=82911742][/quote]

Your best option is to buy and resell and not for keeps
Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by 9jabull: 8:59am On Oct 07, 2019
Before buying the property ask your father how to settle your siblings especially those from the other mother, go with a lawyer, if possible other sibling will be involved to avoid problem tomorrow when your dad will be no more.
Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by Nuzo1(m): 11:04am On Oct 07, 2019
famouscargo4u:

Your best option is to buy and resell and not for keeps

Even if he has a ready buyer, a whole lot can between the time of buying and reselling. The story at the end of the day may be that he sold a family property.

Except he has the strength for polygamous family wahala, he should just find other business to invest in.
Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by javaMan2346: 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2019
famouscargo4u:

Please explain in details about this. Thanks
Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by famouscargo4u: 1:42pm On Oct 07, 2019
javaMan2346:

Please explain in details about this. Thanks

Your family members will want to covet it and claim that it is jointly-owned.
Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by javaMan2346: 6:11pm On Oct 07, 2019
famouscargo4u:

Your family members will want to covet it and claim that it is jointly-owned.
What if I buy it and later sell it? What's take about this?
Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by javaMan2346: 6:14pm On Oct 07, 2019
Nuzo1:

Even if he has a ready buyer, a whole lot can between the time of buying and reselling. The story at the end of the day may be that he sold a family property.

Except he has the strength for polygamous family wahala, he should just find other business to invest in.
I love this your idea. Please can you give me more enlightenment on this? This is actually what I want to do, that's reselling it ehn?
Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by famouscargo4u: 6:50pm On Oct 07, 2019
javaMan2346:

What if I buy it and later sell it? What's take about this?

You have to prevail on your dad to make it known to his family members that he has sold it
Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by javaMan2346: 7:43pm On Oct 07, 2019
famouscargo4u:

You have to prevail on your dad to make it known to his family members that he has sold it
Thanks very much. Your detailed explanations and suggestions have made a great relief to my confusion.

1 Like

Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by 9jabull: 8:46pm On Oct 07, 2019
[quote author=javaMan2346 post=82932105]
Thanks very much. Your detailed explanations and suggestions have made a great relief to my confusion.[/quot

That why I said that his father should involve his lawyer the buyers lawyer & his children from the other mother, if not when the man die Kasara go bust take it or leave it.
Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 07, 2019
buy and resell immediately if you don't want to die young...
Re: Confusion!!! I Need Your Guidance by jude79(m): 6:07am On Oct 08, 2019
lf your father sold 3 landed properties without giving u a dime, then his character is in question. sorry, but I have to be blunt, there's no guarantee that his needs will end with you buying that property, cos he can come for more, or might end up reselling same property to another person. so, here's what u do; put your dad on line that ur gonna buy the property, make sure other family members are made aware of ur transaction with ur dad, find someone who can buy the land at say double the price, get the land and resell immediately to ur customer, use ten million to get equivalent property nearby. This will eliminate any mischievous plan from ur dad or any other family members.wallah u got ur ten million back.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Records Two Cases Of Coronavirus / Breaking News :IMF Approves $3.4bn RFI To Support Nigeria’s COVID-19 Fight / Okowa Lifts Interstate Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.