Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,165 members, 7,867,385 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:03 PM

Messi Breaks Ronaldo's Record Of Most Club Goals (420) In Europe's Top Leagues - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Breaks Ronaldo's Record Of Most Club Goals (420) In Europe's Top Leagues (41042 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The First Player In History To Score 700 Club Goals / Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s South American Goals Record / Messi Breaks Goalless Record Against Chelsea To Equalise After Willian’s Opener (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Breaks Ronaldo's Record Of Most Club Goals (420) In Europe's Top Leagues by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 09, 2019
TruthinAction:

Yes he played just one game in 62 because of injury and he scored in that one game. They crashed out in 66 because defenders put him out of the first game through injury. He didn't play the second game and he played the third game still nursing his injury.

But you forgot to note that in 58 at age 17, he scored a hat trick in the semi final against France and a Brace against Sweden in the final. A record that may never be broken. And he scored in every world cup he played.

In addition he has a total of 92 hat tricks in his career. Please tell me, who can come close to that.
He scored a hatrick in the semi final??
Is that not the same tournament where a guy scored 13 goals in 4games..??
Weak defense era..

Brazil really enjoyed those non competitive era...

Who won the best player in the same 58 world cup?? Pele?? Nope.. It was Didi who won it!!

Let's just say Pele was balling like Mbappe in 58 world cup in a non competitive era!!
Re: Messi Breaks Ronaldo's Record Of Most Club Goals (420) In Europe's Top Leagues by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 09, 2019
Vishkar:
very much rooting for messi than ronaldo over the years but when we talk league power….i want to go with Cristiano Ronaldo. Not to mention he is a big part of juventus now, the football club is slamming every top club in italy right now and also maybe the world. Messi has more goals in lesser games but stays in one league….Ronaldo has played in different top leagues around the world, who is really better here?
Of we check the last Monday together, we will find the answer!!

Who won the FIFA World best player award??

Leo Messi!!!
Re: Messi Breaks Ronaldo's Record Of Most Club Goals (420) In Europe's Top Leagues by SyrusdeHansome(m): 4:59pm On Oct 09, 2019
peterd53:

You’re the one ranting. So by ur own logic, his major tournament individual awards for Argentina is judge by his Barca exploit I give up cuz u truly know nothing??

U don't know anything about football bro. Can u compare those tournament award to the balon d'or? Can compare them to fifpro award? We have so many football players that won player of the tournaments who later turned out 2b flops so Messi winning that is no big deal.
Re: Messi Breaks Ronaldo's Record Of Most Club Goals (420) In Europe's Top Leagues by lazarusokafor90(m): 5:34pm On Oct 09, 2019
SyrusdeHansome:

Oga leave that loyalty nonsense. Ask urself this simple: why does Messi struggle when playing 4 Argentina even with the calibre of players they parade in every major tournament? The truth is that the structure of Barca is built around Messi. They play to suit him and he can't have same in England that almost every team plays long balls. He knows that and he's simply using his brains
Would Messi be the first player to play out his whole career with one club. Why all this beef for just one player if not for hatred and sentiments.
Re: Messi Breaks Ronaldo's Record Of Most Club Goals (420) In Europe's Top Leagues by TruthinAction: 11:37pm On Oct 09, 2019
eni4real:
He scored a hatrick in the semi final??
Is that not the same tournament where a guy scored 13 goals in 4games..??
Weak defense era..

Brazil really enjoyed those non competitive era...

Who won the best player in the same 58 world cup?? Pele?? Nope.. It was Didi who won it!!

Let's just say Pele was balling like Mbappe in 58 world cup in a non competitive era!!

But the guy who scored the 13 goals did not win the world cup. Sometimes the high number of goals comes when there is a weak team in the competition. If he was that good, he should have led his team to beat Brazil. But Pele scored a hat trick against his team. So Pele is still greater than him.
Re: Messi Breaks Ronaldo's Record Of Most Club Goals (420) In Europe's Top Leagues by Nobody: 3:59am On Oct 10, 2019
TruthinAction:

But the guy who scored the 13 goals did not win the world cup. Sometimes the high number of goals comes when there is a weak team in the competition. If he was that good, he should have led his team to beat Brazil. But Pele scored a hat trick against his team. So Pele is still greater than him.
I was talking about how weak defense was in that era...

13 goals in 4 games shocked shocked
Re: Messi Breaks Ronaldo's Record Of Most Club Goals (420) In Europe's Top Leagues by TruthinAction: 11:36am On Oct 10, 2019
eni4real:
I was talking about how weak defense was in that era...

13 goals in 4 games shocked shocked

I know. I said maybe there is a team that was very weak in that competition. Otherwise if he was that good, he should have defeated Brazil. Can you do me a favour by breaking down which teams he scored against. Remember Spur lost by 7-2 recently. Are you saying we are still in a weak defense Era?

Football has always been competitive. If you are good, you are good. Pele was just too good especially in scoring. At 17 years, scoring a hat trick and a brace is a record that may never be broken for that age.
Re: Messi Breaks Ronaldo's Record Of Most Club Goals (420) In Europe's Top Leagues by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 10, 2019
TruthinAction:

I know. I said maybe there is a team that was very weak in that competition. Otherwise if he was that good, he should have defeated Brazil. Can you do me a favour by breaking down which teams he scored against. Remember Spur lost by 7-2 recently. Are you saying we are still in a weak defense Era?

Football has always been competitive. If you are good, you are good. Pele was just too good especially in scoring. At 17 years, scoring a hat trick and a brace is a record that may never be broken for that age.
Pele was a precocious talent but he still played in a non competitive era..

No player can score 13 goals in 4 World cup games again as one player did in Sweden '58.. It will will not repeat itself..

Football has evolved...

Nowadays, attack win games while defence win tournaments...

Defense department has improved/ evolved so much that it can't be compared with that of the 50's which was more open.. .

Defenders are more technical now, they are not just all about brutes and less methods unlike in those days in which those that can't run nor dribble automatically becomes defenders!!!
Re: Messi Breaks Ronaldo's Record Of Most Club Goals (420) In Europe's Top Leagues by Jokerman(m): 2:35pm On Oct 10, 2019
eni4real:

No player can score 13 goals in 4 World cup games again as one player did in Sweden '58.. It will will not repeat itself..

Football has evolved...

Defense department has improved/ evolved so much that it can't be compared with that of the 50's which was more open.. .

Defenders are more technical now, they are not just all about brutes and less methods unlike in those days in which those that can't run nor dribble automatically becomes defenders!!!

All these your epistles..., still

Pele
Maradona

Zidane
Delima Ronaldo

Cr7
Messi
Cryuff
Di stephano
Ronaldinho

And the rest.......
Re: Messi Breaks Ronaldo's Record Of Most Club Goals (420) In Europe's Top Leagues by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 10, 2019
Jokerman:

All these your epistles..., still

Pele
Maradona

Zidane
Delima Ronaldo

Cr7
Messi
Cryuff
Di stephano
Ronaldinho

And the rest.......

Eto'o: " I respect Maradona a lot but my verdict is that the only 3 players that have defined modern football are Ronaldo9, Cristiano and Messi"

That is for real competitive football ooo grin
Re: Messi Breaks Ronaldo's Record Of Most Club Goals (420) In Europe's Top Leagues by TruthinAction: 8:08pm On Oct 10, 2019
eni4real:

Football has evolved...

Whichever you look at, Pele has set records that may never be broken.

1. At age 17, he scored a hat trick and a brace and also won the world cup.

2. He has 92 hat tricks on record and scored even up to 4 goals in a couple of matches. Why couldn't anyone in his era did that?

3. Over 1280 goals in his international career.

4. Was part of the team that won world cup three times.

5. Scored in every world cup he played.

What more can I say? Please tell me about the French man who scored 13 goals in four matches. What were his other achievements?

The fact that Brazil crashed out in 66 shows that it was quite competitive even in their days.

Teams knew how dangerous Pele was and they had to deliberately injure him out of the game.
Re: Messi Breaks Ronaldo's Record Of Most Club Goals (420) In Europe's Top Leagues by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 10, 2019
TruthinAction:

Whichever you look at, Pele has set records that may never be broken.

1. At age 17, he scored a hat trick and a brace and also won the world cup.

2. He has 92 hat tricks on record and scored even up to 4 goals in a couple of matches. Why couldn't anyone in his era did that?

3. Over 1280 goals in his international career.

4. Was part of the team that won world cup three times.

5. Scored in every world cup he played.

What more can I say? Please tell me about the French man who scored 13 goals in four matches. What were his other achievements?

The fact that Brazil crashed out in 66 shows that it was quite competitive even in their days.

Teams knew how dangerous Pele was and they had to deliberately injure him out of the game.
I am just saying that the 13 goals in 4 matches shows how poor defensive aspect of football was in the 50's...
So I am not surprised that Pele was scoring a brace and a hatrick in that World cup (mind you he had best teammates tho)..

And the spurious 1280?? Pele's official goal is 767 goals .. 643 of which he scored for Santos while playing in the Brazilian League.... He is the one club player with most goals... Messi will break that record soon tho... 604 goals and still counting.. Just do the count down!!

Pele played in a favored era with best teammates, if George Weah has same teammates, he would win at least 3 World cup especially in the era of 50's and early 60'z when defenders are not sound technically..

Messi don't need Pele's best teammates or R9 Ballon d'or teammates, just give him Bastituta and remove Mr Higuain.. He is good to go..

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Meet The Mother Of Sam Okwaraji: "FG Has Abandoned" (Photos) / Trabzonspor President Celebrates Ogenyi Onazi's 26th Birthday In Hospital / Photos Of President Jonathan Watching Nigeria Vs Bosnia World Cup Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.