Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria (6700 Views)

This Ghanian Twin Insist They Are Better Than P- Square (photo). / Who Are The Top Ten Most Beautiful Ghollywood/Ghanian Actresses To You? / Who Is The Most Handsome & Hottest Ghanian Actor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by vislabraye(m): 8:49pm On Nov 05, 2010
Ivynwa:

How did the bible say it again?
"See how good it is for brothers to relate in harmony and unity----"
We should quit hating ourselves in Africa, we are one people. A ghanaian guy once did me one good turn and tried helping me get into a company he worked in, he did not succeed but it was sweet of him. Later on people ganged up on him in that company and he lost the job, went into business and thieves broke into his shop and stole his stuffs.
I recently returned his favour and put in words for him when my manager mentioned needing more hands, the man has been interviewed and by the grace of God will soon start working in the same place as myself. Let love reign! If we were both discriminating and not wanting any good for ourselves because this person is Nigerian and that person is Ghanaian, we will not help ourselves.

I see your sentiments, but we are professionals. Your friends might be a few in a thousand, kudos to him. The arrogance of the Ghanians film industry is very appalling. The fact is we don't need them as much as they do need us. Just take a look at our array of super stars compared to theirs. We have a larger market, and our industry is the 3rd largest in the world. Before they think of doing any such thing, they should think about it.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by marcus1234: 8:59pm On Nov 05, 2010
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by safarigirl(f): 9:17pm On Nov 05, 2010
I do not see y we r competing? Y shud there be a gollywood? Y can't we all work under one industry? There are canadians in hollywood, even europeans and south americans, u don't see dem tryin 2 start a collywood or sumtin lyk dat, y do africans lyk being apart? Ghanians shud jst work under d aegis of nollywood, there are neva 2 many ppl in entertainment
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 05, 2010
Ghanaians are funny species.

I say Nollywood refuse to play ball and squeeze them out completely,afterall gollywood started this nonsense
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by DeLaRue: 10:12pm On Nov 05, 2010
ikeyman00:

^^^^^^^^^^

u are on your own!!! foolish man!!

intelligence is clearly not one of your strong points.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Ivynwa(f): 10:13pm On Nov 05, 2010
And what with all these woods this and woods that-------must we copy and copy. Excuse me! Soon we may have Ijebu odewood and Onitshawood lol.

@Visrabraye
You are right, sometimes I allow my too-kind-heart run away with me. How in the whole world did they even wake up and fix some fees for Nigerian movie industry that nursed and hugged them into the Nigerian industry? Mtcheeew. Good they learnt their lesson: Nobody messes with Naijas!
I do like Ghanaians and that sweet way they speak English. Glad peace is returning to the industry sha.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by maedan(f): 11:07pm On Nov 05, 2010
I'm appalled to hear that actors from an African country have to be "charged" before being allowed to act in another country. Where is the love?? I know the actor's guild have fees but to put an actual charge on each other (Ghana vs Nigeria) is embarrassing - or is that how it's done in Hollywood and UK and Canada?
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by cold(m): 11:23pm On Nov 05, 2010
maedan:

I'm appalled to hear that actors from an African country have to be "charged" before being allowed to act in another country. Where is the love?? I know the actor's guild have fees but to put an actual charge on each other (Ghana vs Nigeria) is embarrassing - or is that how it's done in Hollywood and UK and Canada?
Dearie you must have been livin in space.The whole thang was set off by our Ghanian bruvas when they decided to place a ridiculous tariff on Nigerian actors/actresses featuring in ghanian movies or using sites in Ghana to shoot movies.Like wtf we had to hit back hard.Looks lyk they're finally returnin to their senses
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by maedan(f): 11:45pm On Nov 05, 2010
I'm appalled to hear that actors from an African country have to be "charged" before being allowed to act in another country. Where is the love?? I know the actor's guild have fees but to put an actual charge on each other (Ghana vs Nigeria) is embarrassing - or is that how it's done in  Hollywood and UK and Canada?

cold:

Dearie you must have been livin in space.The whole thang was set off by our Ghanian bruvas when they decided to place a ridiculous tariff on Nigerian actors/actresses featuring in ghanian movies or using sites in Ghana to shoot movies.Like wtf we had to hit back hard.Looks lyk they're finally returnin to their senses

Wow, so it's the Ghanians who started it all. Reminds me of those charges we had to pay at all those "toll-gates" when travelling from state to state.  So a Nigerian actor was made to pay "toll gate" to act/produce movies in Ghana. In that case Ghanians should be ashamed, and I feel it's just jealousy that made them do it. Big up to our Nollywood for hitting back and bringing them to their knees. Who else apart from us Nigerians watch their movies sef, if at all? Meanwhile, Nigerian movies are enjoyed all around Africa and overseas.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by cold(m): 11:53pm On Nov 05, 2010
maedan:

Wow, so it's the Ghanians who started it all. Reminds me of those charges we had to pay at all those "toll-gates" when travelling from state to state.  So a Nigerian actor was made to pay "toll gate" to act/produce movies in Ghana. In that case Ghanians should be ashamed, and I feel it's just jealousy that made them do it. Big up to our Nollywood for hitting back and bringing them to their knees. Who else apart from us Nigerians watch their movies sef, if at all? Meanwhile, Nigerian movies are enjoyed all around Africa and overseas.
Need i say more
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Intrepid1(m): 12:03am On Nov 06, 2010
Dem for continue now?
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:11am On Nov 06, 2010
^^Abi grin grin
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 1:23am On Nov 06, 2010
Silly mistake by Nollywood!
Kill off that silly Ghana movie industry and let us rest. Who knows them?
Those folks are f**king jealous, I have some Ghanaian "friends" but they drive me nuts sometimes. Jealousy and envy run in their blood.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by PetroDolla: 2:22am On Nov 06, 2010
Clowns……some of you guys have to keep your heads outta the sand.  embarassed

Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria? Where did you get this piece of garbage from? I don laf tire! How many Ghanaian actors and actresses work in Nigeria? Pure crap! 

Where in the story was there a suggestion that Ghana “surrendered”? Can anyone tell me which aspect of the story suggested Ghana’s capitulation? If anything at all, one can assume it is rather Nigeria that is seeking to mend fences-with Arinze’s palliative comment. The headline is totally misleading and condemnable. Very pathetic indeed! .

The story begins …there are strong indications- what simpleton indications, who are they quoting here? Nobody, but rather a vague and unsubstantiated “source.” Is that how the Nigerian press operate?

And why are they contemplating signing an MOU in Accra, and not in Lagos? I assumed since Ghanaians are the ones “begging or surrendering” they should be the ones coming to Nigeria to sign an MOU, abi? Very funny indeed.This is a story fit only for the dustbin.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:44am On Nov 06, 2010
rasputinn:

Yes.Surrender is the very apt word to use.Tell me what was the rational behind that silly brain wave decision they took that elicited the response from nollywood.Do you know any Nigerian that has tried to register a business outfit in Ghana,I'm sure by the time they tell you some anti Nigerian laws and fees newly introduced,which by the way,Nigeria's federal commerce and industries ministry as well as the CAC does not subject their people to such harrowing experiences.Infact Ileke,if you try form pity levels for those ingrates again, I go bulala you

I am not forming pity for them, just saying that the journalism's choice of word is very undiplomatic and disrespectful.

If I decided to end a fight between my friend and I, and she later spreads it around that I surrendered, I'd be insulted. The most diplomatic way to report the news is to say that "Nollywood and Gollywood reconciled their differences". Not belittling the other by arrogantly suggesting it as a "war won by the superior".

I hate arrogance/ pride, and it seems that it's indebted in Nigeria's culture [if there is any such thing]
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 06, 2010
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Ifedisky(m): 9:28am On Nov 06, 2010
MrPrsdent:

Ghanaians are funny species.

I say Nollywood refuse to play ball and squeeze them out completely,afterall gollywood started this nonsense
Nigeria should just stop this big boy posture and really deal with these cretins decisively. Would you know the new levies charged on Nigerians who are resident in Ghana for Licences? What of Glo?why do you imagine they haven't had a commercial launch? Nigeria is big enough to open her doors yet these banana countries mistake this for stupidity. We must never let them grow. They have played an early hand and itz enough warning of what they'll do when they're big
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by rasputinn(m): 9:52am On Nov 06, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I am not forming pity for them, just saying that the journalism's choice of word is very undiplomatic and disrespectful.

If I decided to end a fight between my friend and I, and she later spreads it around that I surrendered, I'd be insulted. The most diplomatic way to report the news is to say that "Nollywood and Gollywood reconciled their differences". Not belittling the other by arrogantly suggesting it as a "war won by the superior"

Why not call a spade a spade
The numbskulls  from gully-wood or whatever they call themselves had tried,in pursuance of their new anti-Nigeria agenda to introduce a draconian fee misguidedly meant to chase Nigerian artistes away from Ghana

There's nothing disrespectful about the journalist's choice of word at all.Tell me what you find diplomatic in what the Ghanaians tried to do.
If the reasons for which you decided to end a fight with your friend are selfish,ulterior and far from altruistic,then your friend is well within their right to either agree to end or not to end the fight or spread the word that you've finally succumbed to their superior weapon against you,since you were not sincere in the first place
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by londoner: 10:55am On Nov 06, 2010
Petrodolla, you say how many Ghanaians work in Nollywood, try ALL of the major ones, lol

When was the last time any major Nollywood starred in a Ghanaian film?

They ARE contemplating signing a MOU in Lagos OR Accra. trust me, no Nigerian actor or actress will lose anything from their pockets by not being in a Ghanaian production, whereas people like Van Vicker actually feature in Nigerian films more than Ghanaian.

I think Nollywood should cut their losses(if any) and develop working relationships with other African countries rather than Ghana.

I would not use the word surrender, but they have had a rethink, lol
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by maedan(f): 11:25am On Nov 06, 2010
Forget diplomacy - let's even say they bowed to our monumental prowess. I mean, seriously, did they really think they could "best" us at anything, especially movie-making and fighting tactics?? We'll knock 'em down each time. tongue cheesy
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by tkb417(m): 11:52am On Nov 06, 2010
@De LaRue
Ure denying ur village an idiot. Where were u when the bomb went off in Abuja? U shda been mown down by those devices cos twats like u woulda been reduced by one

@topic
U don't start what u can't finish

U levy us, we levy u and now u want a round table convo?

Fck diplomacy, he who lives by the sword die by the sword.

If u travel to Ghana, u'll see open resentment of anythn 9ja and its becoming worrisome. If they feel they can ride on the back of Nollywood to become big and later HIT back, it won't work

I say kill Ghollywood.

Like eldee said, for every Ghollyshyt that comes to 9ja, charge a N1,000 naira. We don't care if they charge us a 1000 USD per CD in Ghana cos our population here is enough for Nollywood
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by vasill(m): 12:46pm On Nov 06, 2010
Inferior Chana and copycat shld realize we started dis thing called African movies and they are only gate crashers. FOOLS wit their funny ACCENT.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by maedan(f): 3:27pm On Nov 06, 2010
vasill:

Inferior Chana and copycat shld realize we started dis thing called African movies and they are only gate crashers. FOOLS wit their funny ACCENT.

Lol, now now, that's going too far. We're not here to generate hate, but to ensure that respect is given to whom it is due. Ghana needs to give us our due respect the way Hollywood is given it's ultimate respect from all the other movie industries in the western world. Like it has already been said here, we are the "Hollywood" of Africa cheesy.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by efoghorjos: 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2010
When we learn to value what we have, others would stop taking us for a ride. These smaller African countries think we are giants for nothing because we don't know our own worth.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by spikedcylinder: 8:00pm On Nov 06, 2010
Afi surrender na.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Decryptor(m): 8:06pm On Nov 06, 2010
Make una visit this "online-battle" field between Nigerians and Ghanaians. So hilarious

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/9490/20/so-short-a-letter-to-ghollywood.html
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by flint7: 5:01pm On Nov 07, 2010
@petrodolla nigeria is not running to ghana to sign the mou,if u were following this whole issue properly u would notice that it is ur ghana movie makers that has been seeking the attention of the nollywood practitioners to resolve this whole problem,actually there was a time the producers association of ghana where running around seeking nollywoods presence to resolve the problem,so there is a strong indication that segun was invited to accra by ghana film makers to sign the mou. Here is a link of producers association of ghana seeking nollywood's presence http://showbiz.peacefmonline.com/movies/201008/74106.php
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 07, 2010
otumfour:

SURRENDER grin grin grin grin grin I saw surrender up there and took a look @ tha link and saw it wuz a Nigerian link, how else wud a Nigerian title this, hahahahahaha surrender my arzze lol, tha signs of fearo's tht title sux lmao grin

anotha Ghana bashing thread, SMH, enjoy

Agreed! I love Ghana!!!! So what if they decided to join forces? How childish, this is not some blasted war. WTF do they mean surrender? Please. Nollywood is actually viewed by the world as being quite comical. I am sorry to say so but it is true. Even the most serious of Nollywood movies leave me crying with laughter. If it is not the production itself ,its the story line. Bollywood has more clout! I am not Ghanian but fact is fact. How do you all expect to be taken serious if you continue to play this kiddish "t.it-for-tat" game? So what if Ghana "started" it, grow up! That is the unfortunate story of Africa! Unite, invest and grow!
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Emmyk(m): 11:13pm On Nov 07, 2010
I've only watched two gollywood movies in ma life. It's was the most dullest film I've watched. NO lesson to gain. they still need to be taught color comination. D second one I watched was last year. A BOY JUST LIKE AKIN 'N PAWPAW MARRIED A BIG LADY. They still need serious coaching from nollywood. Let give 'em a chance na.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Emmyk(m): 11:14pm On Nov 07, 2010
I've only watched two gollywood movies in ma life. It's was the most dullest film I've watched. NO lesson to gain. they still need to be taught color comination. D second one I watched was last year. A BOY JUST LIKE AKIN 'N PAWPAW MARRIED A BIG LADY. They still need serious coaching from nollywood. Let give 'em a chance na.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Emmyk(m): 11:14pm On Nov 07, 2010
I've only watched two gollywood movies in ma life. It's was the most dullest film I've watched. NO lesson to gain,no action. they still need to be taught color comination. D second one I watched was last year. A BOY JUST LIKE AKIN 'N PAWPAW MARRIED A BIG LADY. They still need serious coaching from nollywood. Let give 'em a chance na.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 07, 2010
^^I am Jamaican, and like most Jamaicans, I watch Nollywood movies. Some movies are good and others , I cant even get past the first 30 minutes! Trust me your productions are not always perfect and this is an outside opinion. So lets not judge.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Opinion: Nas Is The Most Handsome Rapper Alive / Where Are Their Parents? See What These Young Girls Are Posting On Facebook! / Banky W In Hot Soup After Allegedly Getting His Side Chick Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.