Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,386 members, 7,861,059 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:37 PM

Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria (6707 Views)

This Ghanian Twin Insist They Are Better Than P- Square (photo). / Who Are The Top Ten Most Beautiful Ghollywood/Ghanian Actresses To You? / Who Is The Most Handsome & Hottest Ghanian Actor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Calamama: 11:58pm On Nov 07, 2010
^^I am Jamaican, and like most Jamaicans, I watch Nollywood movies. Some movies are good and others , I cant even get past the first 30 minutes! Trust me your productions are not always perfect and this is an outside opinion. So lets not judge.

It goes without saying; this also applies to Hollywood movies. Some Hollywood movies are good and others, I can’t even get past the first five minutes.

Anyway, It’s pointless stating where you are from because too many people here use this site to front as what they are not.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:14am On Nov 08, 2010
Calamama:

It goes without saying; this also applies to Hollywood movies. Some Hollywood movies are good and others, I can’t even get past the first five minutes.

Anyway, It’s pointless stating where you are from because too many people here use this site to front as what they are not.

As far as the Hollywood statement goes I agree. Their movies are bleh. However that last line, I do not know who you are referring to but that is unfortunate and does not apply to me. cool
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by otumfour(m): 10:47am On Nov 08, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

Agreed! I love Ghana!!!! So what if they decided to join forces? How childish, this is not some blasted war. WTF do they mean surrender? Please. Nollywood is actually viewed by the world as being quite comical. I am sorry to say so but it is true. Even the most serious of Nollywood movies leave me crying with laughter. If it is not the production itself ,its the story line. Bollywood has more clout! I am not Ghanian but fact is fact. How do you all expect to be taken serious if you continue to play this kiddish "t.it-for-tat" game? So what if Ghana "started" it, grow up! That is the unfortunate story of Africa! Unite, invest and grow!

I luv Jamaica too, Rita Marley actually owns a crib down here in Ghana, we got mad luv for Jamaica and the rest of the  world for tht matter, We are a welcoming Nation wink, Obama wud tell u tht wink
Thank God other Nationals on this site have seen the ugly attitude of "some"(unfortunately many) Nigerians,
I'll alwayz say this, there are some nice Nigerians out there and I'v schooled in Ghana wit dem, its sad most Nigerians display this arrogant attitude everywhere they go and when u put them right, thts when they scream XENOPHOBIA,

PS. there are many fine Nigerians out there,
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by jrtorrents: 2:38pm On Nov 08, 2010
Is it that Nigerians can't read or are just too dumb? Where in the story does it make mention of " surrender" ? These people are jokers!!
And btw in case you all didnt know a good number of Nigerina movies are been shot in Ghana., so guess who will loose out.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by tkb417(m): 5:17pm On Nov 08, 2010
jrtorrents:

Is it that Nigerians can't read or are just too dumb? Where in the story does it make mention of " surrender" ? These people are jokers!!
And btw in case you all didnt know a good number of Nigerina movies are been shot in Ghana., so guess who will loose out.
Mumu

do they have to shoot videos in Ghana? what extra value would the 'consumers' and producers derive from the video being shot in Ghana?
u have an idea? Ghana was/is just a fresh air and if it becomes unavailable, they continue using 9ja

and if they wanna shoot outside, they can always go to Cotonou

and why do illiterates attack those that are smarter than them?

u obviously dont know the difference between loose and lose shey

and u want us to believe youre not the joker?

make your points next time and stop preaching nonsense
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by londoner: 9:07pm On Nov 08, 2010
@JR torrents,please provide the list of Nigerian movies of recent that were filmed in Ghana. Most of the top rate Nollywood movies are shot in Nigeria. Its been quite a number of years since the trend of our producers directors opting for Ghana as a location. Its more likely now for people like Van and Majid to board a plane and come to Nigeria to act in a Nigerian film, thats the truth.

@mzdarkskin, the most important thing about what you said is "like most Jamaicans I watch nollywood movies", case closed IMO, which other Black film industry can say that? and it be true about Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda Sierra Leone etc?

We have our hurdles to clmb, but we shouldn't take what Nollywood has achieved for granted. You have forgotten the days when it didn't exist.

You may be watching the old Nollywood movies, there is a new breed and with those you will understand and enjoy throughout trust me.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:33am On Nov 09, 2010
otumfour:

I luv Jamaica too, Rita Marley actually owns a crib down here in Ghana, we got mad luv for Jamaica and the rest of the  world for tht matter, We are a welcoming Nation wink, Obama wud tell u tht wink
Thank God other Nationals on this site have seen the ugly attitude of "some"(unfortunately many) Nigerians,
I'll alwayz say this, there are some nice Nigerians out there and I'v schooled in Ghana wit dem, its sad most Nigerians display this arrogant attitude everywhere they go and when u put them right, thts when they scream XENOPHOBIA,

PS. there are many fine Nigerians out there, 

As far as the Rita Marley living in Ghana thing, I HEARD! I am SOOO jealous lol! But I do acknowledge that there are good Nigerian people, that is just a basic human lesson. In every nation, there is the good and the bad. There are "snoody" people and there are some who are welcoming. I have found since being on this site however that ALOT OF Nigerians on here are a bit indifferent at times to other view points and cultures however I am more than sure that there are some who are the TOTAL opposite. I find their love for their culture a beautiful hing but the need to "put down" another to demonstrate that pride is a bit of a turn off!

@Londoner, I like Nollywood movies yes, and I also enjoy Ghollywood movies. Both industries are not perfect but they are different and black productions therefore BOTH have my complete support! I find that I can EASILY enjoy both just as much as Hollywood. ALL I AM SAYING is, Nollywood AND Ghollywood has too much to accomplish to put themselves on the map, to play childish back and forth games. Ghana and Nigeria will not disappear from the face of the Earth just because some may prefer one country's movies over the other so while rivalry is natural, it should be friendly and that is NOT what I am getting from this. The tone of these arguments is that of prejudice.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Ivynwa(f): 4:05am On Nov 09, 2010
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria
« #57 on: November 06, 2010, 08:06 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make una visit this "online-battle" field between Nigerians and Ghanaians. So hilarious

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/9490/20/so-short-a-letter-to-ghollywood.html

@ Decryptor
I read that link you gave us here and did not find it funny at all that Nigerians and Ghanaians are engaged in such name-calling battle. I didn't know that things have deteriorated that much and that is real unpretty.   I stand on the solid rock of peace and oneness of the African people. It hurts and hurts to remember the lives that have been destroyed in places like Rwanda( where brothers killed brothers because they are from another tribe that is considered mere cockroaches that should be wiped out) and the lives that are being wasted in our country(where brothers kill their own brothers because they do not believe alike) and the numerous inhumanity of man to man that take place in other African countries (I mean those  wars that make no sense).

In this age and time we shouldn't be embroiled in such war of words but should be more concerned with the healing and the emancipation of Africans as a people. We are one irrespective of the boundaries and names that separates us and assigns us under different government and nations. This pettiness in the entertainment industry should be deemed what it really is: "petty pettiness". Who ever initiated that move of levying fees in Ghana in the first place should be dealt with (for sowing seeds of discord) and the matter quickly straightened and died. Can't all African actors/actresses work together as they do in Hollywood for goodness sake?  Abeg Abeg we Africans have really shamed ourselves enough before the world and two African countries shouldn't be seen bickering in the internet like that like the fools we are not! Excuse me somebody!
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by wazobiang: 4:27pm On Nov 09, 2010
they'll still bite us again. never be friends with them again.
let them go their way. we are bigger and better than them.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:57am On Nov 10, 2010
Ifedisky said:

Nigeria should just stop this big boy posture and really deal with these cretins decisively. Would you know the new levies charged on Nigerians who are resident in Ghana for Licences? What of Glo?why do you imagine they haven't had a commercial launch? Nigeria is big enough to open her doors yet these banana countries mistake this for stupidity. We must never let them grow. They have played an early hand and itz enough warning of what they'll do when they're big

The highlighted feels uncomfortably close to what ex-colonial rulers like Britain and her allies, including the US, might be thinking with respect to large developing countries like Nigeria.

God knows how many thousand little ways they've gone about sabotaging us, as is suggested we do to Ghana.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by favouredjb(f): 11:23am On Nov 10, 2010
@delarue or whatever I know u must be a koffi or kodjo and you are very sick,see him pretending to be a nigerian,we know your type
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by favouredjb(f): 11:27am On Nov 10, 2010
@petrodullard,did u just ask how many ghanian actors work in nigeria,I laugh in ashanti,THEY ALL work in naija and wants t be associated with naija
From van,to yvonne,jackie nadia and majid,including john dumelo,who are the only stars u ve got anyway
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by PetroDolla: 3:07pm On Nov 10, 2010
favouredib, I think you are making a big mistake when you assumed that all there is to the film industry in Ghana are the names you just mentioned-van,yvonne,jackie nadia and majid,including john dumelo. You obviously don’t realize that there is a thriving non-English genre of films in Ghana at the moment.

I don’t even remember the last I watched anything called Nollywood.I have Perfect Picture playing on my laptop at the moment while I work, but I hardly watch English versions of Ghanaian films. Instead, I prefer films in the local Ghanaian dialects, like Agya Koo and the rest. I think I can say the same for an increasing number of Ghanaians. I can watch a bit of Yoruba films on DSTV when I have the time-apart from the preponderance of juju in most of the the Yoruba films some of them can be interesting. So for me personally, this whole argument about Nollywood and Ghollywood is particularly irrelevant.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Bobajo(m): 3:51pm On Nov 10, 2010
I am afraid i will weigh in with the 'baddies' here. I am a strong advocate of reciprocal diplomacy. That's the only way you gain respect in the comity of nations. You tell me to pay $1000, i should jolly well tell you to pay $2000. Anybody heard about what the Lybian strongman did recently 'he stopped the consular offices from issuing Lybian visas to all the European countries'. (They detained his son in Switzerland even though he had a diplomatic passport). Before long, the European countries were all raking for Switzerland. Alarm blow tight for oil people.

Reciprocal diplomacy. Reciprocal respect.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by otumfour(m): 12:03pm On Nov 11, 2010
PetroDolla:

favouredib, I think you are making a big mistake when you assumed that all there is to the film industry in Ghana are the names you just mentioned-van,yvonne,jackie nadia and majid,including john dumelo. You obviously don’t realize that there is a thriving non-English genre of films in Ghana at the moment.

I don’t even remember the last I watched anything called Nollywood.I[b] have Perfect Picture playing on my laptop [/b]at the moment while I work, but I hardly watch English versions of Ghanaian films. Instead, I prefer films in the local Ghanaian dialects, like Agya Koo and the rest. I think I can say the same for an increasing number of Ghanaians. I can watch a bit of Yoruba films on DSTV when I have the time-apart from the preponderance of juju in most of the the Yoruba films some of them can be interesting. So for me personally, this whole argument about Nollywood and Ghollywood is particularly irrelevant.

Agya Koo is ma man lol grin dude go kill u wit laughter lol,

on the Perfect Picture movie, u shud check Shirley Frimpong Manso's new movie too mahn, "6 hours to Christmas"
tht lady'z got a great future I tell ya

Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by favouredjb(f): 1:13pm On Nov 11, 2010
@petrodollar,are u saying the ones I mentioned are not your bonafide stars in ghana?its a pity av not seen any local ghanian film
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by esbaby: 12:40am On Dec 02, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shah Ruh Khan Day-to-Day / Cardib Exposes Her Private Part While Showing Love To Her Husband- Celebrities. / Please Is This Girl Stupid Or Love Has Taken Over Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.