Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,075 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

CBN: How To Retrieve Your Money From Scammers Through Banks - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / CBN: How To Retrieve Your Money From Scammers Through Banks (2030 Views)

Police Parade Suspected Masterminds Of Kaduna Train Attack, Retrieve 48 Ak-47s / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed / Here's How You Can Retrieve Your Money After Being Duped By Online Fraudsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN: How To Retrieve Your Money From Scammers Through Banks by gimmehear(f): 2:23pm On Oct 07, 2019
Central Bank of Nigeria has now started that people who get duped by online scammers can get their money back, but this can only be possible if the money is paid into any bank account of any bank.

You can get your money back from online fraudsters (If you can follow through).

CBN has now mandated all banks to open a fraud desk to handle cases.

The bank will investigate, prosecute and reverse such dubious transactions even though the scammer has withdrawn the money.

Say you use UBA and you paid money into your instagram seller’s(scammer) Zenith account, you can simply send a mail to frauddesk@zenithbank.com.

Make sure you copy the CBN at
cpd@cbn.gov.ng (This puts the banks on their toes).

All these applies to every bank in Nigeria.

The banks should block such a suspicious account IMMEDIATELY a complaint is received via the fraud desk.

They can receive customer’s STOP-TRANSACTION complaints to block their own account.

He also advised that people can visit CBN’s website for more details on how the proceedure works.
The Central Bank of Nigeria hope this will reduce the method of online scamming and put the mind of Nigeria citizens at rest.

https://www.gbetutv.com/cbn-how-to-retrieve-your-money-from-scammers-through-banks/

Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN: How To Retrieve Your Money From Scammers Through Banks by Commentor: 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2019
Very good.

Watch out for that jobless guy that would cancel my post.

Pray for him.
Re: CBN: How To Retrieve Your Money From Scammers Through Banks by achikolo(f): 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2019
[s]
Commentor:
Very good.

Watch out for that jobless guy that would cancel my post.

Pray for him.
[/s]
shatap
Re: CBN: How To Retrieve Your Money From Scammers Through Banks by Crofton: 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2019
Will the bank make any investigation before blocking the reported accounts?
Nigerians can use this to report innocent accounts, policies should be thoroughly scrutinized before they are settled.
Re: CBN: How To Retrieve Your Money From Scammers Through Banks by majamajic(m): 2:48pm On Oct 07, 2019
this has been said for long , I don't think it's working

even if I don't think it's that easy. I know they will ask u for police report from there u will get frustrated and leave the money to fly

(1) (Reply)

Man And His Girlfriend Dies In Ghastly Motor Accident In Delta State / How Much It Cost To Change Phone Number On NIN / OSUN Police Arrests Two 21-year-old Men Who Stole Mercedes Benz Worth N15m (SEE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.