Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Why I Am Keen On Ending Xenophobia Using Music - Congressman Bimbo Daramola - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why I Am Keen On Ending Xenophobia Using Music - Congressman Bimbo Daramola (670 Views)

Why I Mostly Sing In Yoruba Language – Asake / The Essence Of The End Xenophobia Charity Concert - Congressman Bimbo Daramola / Xenophobia: 'Stop The Killing' - Teni (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Am Keen On Ending Xenophobia Using Music - Congressman Bimbo Daramola by Mikkyly36: 3:26pm On Oct 07, 2019
My response to those who think we cannot pull the project through. We will by the grace of God.

When they say we can't, we say Yes..We Can! -Barrack Obama

MY SOUTH AFRICA EXPERIENCE.

WHY AM I INTERESTED IN ENDING XENOPHOBIC ATTACKS THROUGH AFRICA'S BEST MUSIC ICONS.

Some Nigerians could be incurable cynics, pessimists and sceptics. Ever so self conceited and halo setting every move.

Every action is seen from the the prisms of WIIFM! (What is in it for me) Altruistic actions do not exist to them.

I heard that from somebody today, she said the idea of having #ENDXENOPHOBIA CHARITY CONCERT and #endxenophobia theme song is driven by commercial undertones.

I was dispirited and tempted to say damn the bull..and say what my Yoruba people will say, "ewo lo kan mi mbe"?

But i had the usual nudging that this is the way of those who will not look for solution to any problem but will be the ones that are always trying to insinuate wrong meanings and dissuade.

Well, most things i have done in my life always have altruistic components over and above self gratification.

If you are talking about how i aided UNDP to fine tune beyond the books knowledge, to stubbornly use field experience driven strategy to ensure that the people of Birnin Gwari in Kaduna State, while on the 400 KADP project sponsored by World Bank, get productive boreholes in an area that is a hydrogeologist's nightmare.

To concerted efforts for harnessing alternative water sources in Enugu/ Anambra States.

To how i put my banking career in jeopardy to assist an advertising agency from losing a good account,

To the production of the documentary of President Olusegun Obasanjo GCFR, FROM PRISON TO PRESIDENCY without official funds, ,the first of its kind that also won international award in the land of the Aussies.

To the publication of 21 years of the only officially endorsed JAMB Q& A, a book of 1012 pages without funding, a resource material that would became succour to many admission seekers nationwide,

To NAIJAGREENCARD, the first specific Intergrated systemic systemic platform to cushion socio economic realities faced by young Nigerians.

I must say humbly that i first and foremost put my motives before actions on the ROTARY FOUR WAY TEST scale as my moral guide.

Even when i was in the parliament, why did i have to build a 32bed hospital for my constituents?

When i could convert it into some private business, indeed it was not because i had huge financial warchest, it took me 3years of personal sacrifice to accomplish it for public good.

What of the attention to the plight of my constituents as expressed in my ABOMIRE 1, 2, 3? for me my life is not defined by pecuniary motivations or considerations, humbly speaking,but will it be beneficial to all concerned? As it is in the 4 way test of ROTARY INTERNATIONAL.

Or why should i bother to pay for JAMB FORMS for 2050 young people in Ekiti? Who i see as the next generation of graduates from my dear state.

For me my life is dedicated to, defined by a commitment to greater good for the greatest number,at the expense of self for which i have been called names, but its alright.

So i jumped on this XENOPHOBIA issue. But before then let me share bits of my story.

I have been to the land of the zulus about five times when i was shooting the documentary of the life times and works of President Obasanjo.

I was trying to get "Madiba" to share perspectives on Olusegun Obasanjo, i got him on the fifth trip. I ll come back to this story.

In the meantime lets try to count the costs of XENOPHOBIA which is defined as deep resentment for strangers!

So before counting, should the day ever come that Africans will see Africans as strangers to the extent of displaying such a babaric depth of resentment that will lead to unabashed gruesome murder in the manner that we saw during the last attacks?

Least of all South Africans to Nigerians in spite of the undoubtable and manifest shared history?

Have we suddenly forgotten one Mrs Chukwu who went to South Africa and was murdered in her hotel room? Still unresolved till date, that could be anybody.

Now what about the Nigerians that were killed, some roasted, some machetted, and the properties they worked for destroyed in millions of rands.

About 500 Nigerians were evacuated from "war front" to safety, in peace times between African nations, with that went in the air all they ever worked for, means of livelihood, undertaken by a public spirited Nigerian, Bar. Allen Onyeama, he claimed that venture cost him N280m!

Im sure some people will impute meanings to this noble action too, as they are doing to ours now.

The most scary is that with every XENOPHOBIC attack , Africa and the black race is fractured the more, it is gradually seeping into Ghana and kenya i am told.

Of course if XENOPHOBIA becomes the new culture of Africans, thought initially to be particularly targeting Nigerians, now it has added the nationals of two more countries.

My worry then is that if this slips through our fingers, Africa and by extension the black race will plunge into a self destruct mode that it may not recover from, we saw the retaliatory attacks from Nigeria and the consequences, and implications.

Imagine that happening in 52 nations.

Burnaboy(Nigerian) the muscian and Aka (a south African) musician are at daggers drawn, Tiwa Savage and Whizkid im told cancelled shows in South Africa.

So the above represents an aggregate of the huge cost of XENOPHOBIA to Africa and her people , not only Nigeria and South Africa and other affected ntions .

Can we then afford to be the ostrich in the face of all these?

If we are not mindful , the cost will become more pricey, if we do not rise up together NOW to fight XENOPHOBIA to extinction using all means POSSIBLE.

This is the reason why i decided to get into the fight against XENOPHOBIA and starting the campaign of #ONE #UNITED #AFRICA, as the platform for the actualisation of the #endxenophobia CHARITY CONCERT and #EndXenophobiathemesong.

Pure and Simple.

It may be instructive to let the nay sayers know that Seven years ago, precisely March 8,2012, i moved a motion on the floor of the House of Representatives, National Assembly drawing attention to the Xenophobic attacks on as at that time Nigerians only.

As i predicted back then, i said if we do not prune the branches of the Iroko tree in good time, the Iroko will demand obeisance and libation from us all in worship of the deity it would have become.

Well its been seven years later, its become a monster and the monstrosity has extended to other African countries.

My prophecy is unfortunately being allowed to come to reality and painfully so too.

The untimely deaths that attends these attacks diminishes the humanity in me.

Even at that i still shrugged it away because i do not have any direct exposure but humanity call would not let me, and so when African Independent Television (AIT)invited me to speak when these last attacks broke, i of course was one for severance of ties.

But later when President Ramaphosa apologised as conveyed by the special envoy that preceeded President Buhari s recent visit , i then was inclined to change my stand of to your tents oh israel.

So three weeks ago, i started the bilateral and diplomatic intervention will not be enough campaign and among others , this led me to the above subject matter.

I accept and respect the place of diplomatic and bilateral talks but those guys on the streets do not respond to and react to diplomacy.

This is why i thought of using our Music as a tool , riding on the AFRICAN MUSIC ICONS who are great influencers of these category of persons who are short in the historical perspective to DO SOMETHING LIKE : WE ARE THE WORLD, THE #ENDXENOPHOBIA THEME SONG VERSION, among others use the vehicle to accomplish these things

-HAVE A FEW CHARITY CONCERTS TO RAISE
AWARENESS,
- RE AWAKEN THE AFRICAN CONSCIOUSNESS,
- FACILITATE DIRECT ENGAGEMENTS BETWEEN THE
AFRICAN MUSIC ICONS AND REAL PEOPLE ON THE
STREETS,
- SUPPORT VICTIMS,
- ERECT MEMORIAL OBJECTS AT THE SCENES OF THE
LAST ATTACKS.

I have thus far conveyed this to the South African Acting Ambassador here in Nigeria, conveyed the idea to the federal government through the Ministry of information, among other stakeholders that i have contacted.

So i broke the awareness campaign to coincide with President Buhari's visit, and the stage is set, and contact is being established among the personalities that i believe we need and can make a huge difference toward the success of this initiative and this should be of interest to all men of goodwill.

I am convinced that it will be a worthwhile effort in all ways if we can pull it through.

First and foremost, will be the satisfaction from introducing another perspective to curb a vermin that can ultimately destroy our shared history as Africans and drag us backward, if not annihilate all the prospects and possibilities inherent in a strong continent, if are to remain truly brothers and sisters.

Let me the conclude with the take away the day i followed President Obasanjo to meet then President Mandela.

I had the opportunity of going to Durban with President Obasanjo in 2004 or 5, for the Racism conference in Durban, but President Obasanjo decided to have a whistle stop visit in Jo'burg, not wanting to be in South Africa and not say hi to President Mandela.

I recall how the Madiba excitedly and affectionately received then former President Obasanjo, He threw his doors wide open, despite being on chemo, Yet met President Obasanjo at the door, threw his hand around his neck boyishly as brothers would and affectionately called him Olu...it was such a sight.

If XENOPHOBIA wins , a south African may see a Nigerian or others as Nationals are now affected and vice versa, that it will be impossible to multiply the scenario i witnessed between Mandela and Obasanjo.

It will pain me if we lose that affectionate and affectations in our relationship as Africans, few years after Madiba has gone and Obj in his advanced agel!

To those thinking i have any other motive, i think i have shed more light, not as if your insinuations will mean much, because i will do what i can, i pray we succeed, it is a lot of work, i know what has gone into this in terms of my time and the little resources available to me in this short while that we broke the awareness.

MY #INVITATION TO #ALL #MEN AND #WOMEN OF #GOOD #CONSCIENCE.

I am using this medium to invite all those who believe that ONE UNITED AFRICA holds greater prospects for us as Africans in the long run.

We are open to your ideas, direction and guidance in all ways to achieve this by the grace of God

I look forward to the opportunity, to meet with whoever believes in the objectives that informed this initiative at your earliest convenience and look forward to the borderless involvement of all interested persons.

We are proposing February or March as the date of first concert because some of the A- LIST , AFRICA'S BEST MUSIC ICONS FROM DIFFERENT NATIONS already have previously scheduled engagements.

But we would have concluded the theme song before the start of the CHARITY CONCERTS TO RAISE SUPPORT FOR IDENTIFIED XENOPHOBIA VICTIMS.

This contribution coming from Nigeria will yet again count for something in attracting regard and respect to Nigeria someday.

It will be worthwhile God willing if and when we pull it through.

It will be very tasking and challenging but we are determined to give it our best shot, for the greater good of the greatest number, Africans within and in diaspora.

Support the initiative #ENDXENOPHOBIACHARITYCONCERT, antiXENOPHOBIA THEME SONG AND MEMORABILIA.

Join us today.

Thank you

Congressman Bimbo Daramola.
6th October 2019.

(1) (Reply)

8 Punchlines Vector Used In Murdering MI Abaga In “judas The Rat” Explained / Timzybrainz Ft 2boking -personal || Prod Mickenzy / Download Mp3: Johnbosco – Say No To Rape (prod By Johnbosco) | @johnboscobeatz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.