Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,806 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Okro Soup: The Best Way To Consume It's Nutrients - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Okro Soup: The Best Way To Consume It's Nutrients (731 Views)

Oyinbo Baby Relishes Eba & Okro Soup (Video, Photos) / Russians Eat Okro Soup And Eba For The First Time / Ghanaian Man On A Mission To Consume A Basin Of Food "Battling For His Life" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Okro Soup: The Best Way To Consume It's Nutrients by gimmehear(f): 9:48pm On Oct 07, 2019
Okro soup:The best way to consume the nutrients.

Hey guys!!. let discuss about to get cook your okro soup in the best and healthy ways which makes it more beneficial.

Most plant food are great source of phytochemicals: Any chemical or nutrient derived from a plant source; a phytonutrient.

So one can say Okra is about 20% rich in Vitamin C, fiber and Vitamin K, and other nutrient, to be specific one can say raw okra contains the stated nutrients.

For some years, while I was still an undergraduate, all I have ever wanted to teach people is How To eat the main nutrient in food they consume, the right cooking method, the right proportions of food… I believe if we get this right then the need for drugs will reduce.

Vitamin C as we all know helps in prevention of scurvy, heal wounds on time, while Vitamin K that are needed for blood coagulation or for controlling binding of calcium in bones and other tissues.

Dietary fiber (British spelling fibre) or roughage is the portion of plant-derived food that cannot be completely broken down by human digestive enzymes
While I would have suggested the consumption of okro soup raw: I will love to say the presence of fiber which can be either soluble or insoluble is the reason why okro needs to be cooked.

How to cook Okro to get the right nutrient.
I have seen most cooking method on YouTube, home cooking and I will love to say the best way to cook your okro is by conserving your vitamins which is essential to your health.

Cook your Okro soup within just two minutes, after cooking or taste while cooking, you should be able to feel the rawness or hardness(Vitamin C) is not heat stable, which means most or all nutrient of the Vitamin can be lost during too much period of cooking.

While the breaking down of dietary fiber during this minutes of cooking will be efficient.

Raw okra is 90% water, 2% protein, 7% carbohydrates and negligible in fat. In a 100 gram amount, raw okra is rich (20% or more of the Daily Value, DV) in dietary fiber, vitamin C and vitamin K, with moderate contents of thiamin, folate and magnesium

Young okra leaves may be cooked in a similar way to the greens of beets or dandelions. The leaves are also eaten

raw in salads. Okra seeds may be roasted and ground to form a caffeine-free substitute for coffee.

In order to preserve the nutrients in okro, the cooking method and time should be checked.
Okro soup

If you are using high temperature, it should be 3minites maximum, and if you are using low temperature tools( cooking utensil that can be controlled) then you can try to about 4minutes maximum.
And you can also incorporate vegetables to improve it’s nutrients, but to be sincere I actually think there is no need for these except if the you’re adding bitter leaf to your Okro soup

I will be discussing food to incorporate bitter leaf with in my next post.
https://gimmehear.com/okro-soup-the-best-way-to-consume-the-nutrients/

Lalasticlala
Re: Okro Soup: The Best Way To Consume It's Nutrients by donstan18: 9:51pm On Oct 07, 2019
This epistle will not determine a delicious Okro soup.
Re: Okro Soup: The Best Way To Consume It's Nutrients by Mutemenot(m): 9:55pm On Oct 07, 2019
Okra will make fp soon. I think it's one of my favourite soup. I enjoyed it more in Asia as it cost very little amount of money to get a bucket full of okra.

(1) (Reply)

Chi Limited Introduces Hollandia Lactose Free Easy-to-digest Milk / My Delicious Pepper Soup / Bush Meat (giant Rat) Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.