Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,913 members, 7,814,081 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

The Story Of The Magical Antimalarial Chinese Medicine – Ginghaosu (Artemisinin) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Story Of The Magical Antimalarial Chinese Medicine – Ginghaosu (Artemisinin) (22208 Views)

Artemisinin + Piperaquine: The Best And Effective Anti-malaria Drug / Combination Antimalarial Drug / Antimalarial Drugs Without Any Multivitamin Syrup Or Blood Tonic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Of The Magical Antimalarial Chinese Medicine – Ginghaosu (Artemisinin) by vezycash(m): 2:55pm On Oct 08, 2019
incomplete story. Someone mentioned agbo and they are right. The nobel prize winner found the drug by going through an old medicine, recipe book.

Many that she tried didn't work. The one that worked was soaking a yew tree bark in water for days.

Her innovation was isolating the active ingredient and synthesizing it chemically. And i believe she won the award for the timing. Malaria was already immune to chloroquinne and the world was in panic.

I guess the morale of the story is some babalawo shit work. If we find out the active agents in out home remedies....

2 Likes

Re: The Story Of The Magical Antimalarial Chinese Medicine – Ginghaosu (Artemisinin) by ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz: 2:59pm On Oct 08, 2019
Kaybaba5:
They should help us to look for drugs to cure hiv
I really think that disease is engineered
Re: The Story Of The Magical Antimalarial Chinese Medicine – Ginghaosu (Artemisinin) by agabaI23(m): 3:02pm On Oct 08, 2019
aminu114:
ok which one is more effective cuz im down with malaria
It is more about the combination therapy than a single component regimen
Re: The Story Of The Magical Antimalarial Chinese Medicine – Ginghaosu (Artemisinin) by donlyone(m): 3:12pm On Oct 08, 2019
agabaI23:
one is a methyl ester and the succinate ester.

Just kukuma kill me.
You just made me more confused

3 Likes

Re: The Story Of The Magical Antimalarial Chinese Medicine – Ginghaosu (Artemisinin) by JYKZ: 3:12pm On Oct 08, 2019
yeah
Re: The Story Of The Magical Antimalarial Chinese Medicine – Ginghaosu (Artemisinin) by baby124: 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2019
RealGOAT:
As if you know am down with malaria now, a disease i can't avoid every month.
Are you AA? AA get malaria very often and mosquitoes like their blood.
Re: The Story Of The Magical Antimalarial Chinese Medicine – Ginghaosu (Artemisinin) by mercyviv(f): 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2019
FlyACT:
Torching
I tell you...its so "torching" sir! gringrin
Re: The Story Of The Magical Antimalarial Chinese Medicine – Ginghaosu (Artemisinin) by Legendguru: 3:41pm On Oct 08, 2019
hmmm
Re: The Story Of The Magical Antimalarial Chinese Medicine – Ginghaosu (Artemisinin) by adecz: 3:46pm On Oct 08, 2019
Oyibo use their knowledge
for research & invention

Black man use his own for
sexual harassment & embezzlement..

That's why nothing good comes out
of Africa.
Re: The Story Of The Magical Antimalarial Chinese Medicine – Ginghaosu (Artemisinin) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2019
flyca:
This is what we all need to understand in Africa!

However it took numerous laboratory studies and clinical trials to reach this stage.

Research brings solutions not Religion.

On another note - Please is there any smart, reliable female UNIZIK student who can help me go make some enquiries in an office in Awka for a token, pls send me a PM. Thank you

Have you tried screaming 'holy ghost fire!!!!' 21 times?? I have been told HIV has been cured this way cheesy

It's also proven that shouting allahu akbar 7 times an hour cures cancer. You need to be better informed grin

1 Like

Re: The Story Of The Magical Antimalarial Chinese Medicine – Ginghaosu (Artemisinin) by Mightyhaiz: 4:13pm On Oct 08, 2019
Nothing short of a vaccine Will do
Re: The Story Of The Magical Antimalarial Chinese Medicine – Ginghaosu (Artemisinin) by Mightyhaiz: 4:16pm On Oct 08, 2019
Kaybaba5:
They? Them tie your hands join your buttocks?

Meanwhile,malaria is a million times worse than HIV
Re: The Story Of The Magical Antimalarial Chinese Medicine – Ginghaosu (Artemisinin) by GoldHorse(m): 5:49pm On Oct 08, 2019
baby124:
Malaria, the one thing causing Oyinbo to fear invading Africa. It’s like HIV to them grin. Reason why they are desperate to HELP us find a cure cheesy

They are not desperate at all. In fact it is the opposite. They make billions yearly so why should they be in a hurry to close shops if we that are directly affected no dey serious?
Re: The Story Of The Magical Antimalarial Chinese Medicine – Ginghaosu (Artemisinin) by pacespot(m): 7:29pm On Oct 08, 2019
Nice, will come back to read this later
Re: The Story Of The Magical Antimalarial Chinese Medicine – Ginghaosu (Artemisinin) by yoged(m): 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2019
naijadrivablog:
"Magical" you say

It depends on the type of malaria. E get malaria wey go hold you, you go drink this ACTs tire.
my brother you are right . person go use different type of malaria drugs before e work
Re: The Story Of The Magical Antimalarial Chinese Medicine – Ginghaosu (Artemisinin) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 08, 2019
RealGOAT:
As if you know am down with malaria now, a disease i can't avoid every month.

AA wahala ..
Re: The Story Of The Magical Antimalarial Chinese Medicine – Ginghaosu (Artemisinin) by cj4humanity: 11:23pm On Oct 08, 2019
Kaybaba5:
Must oyibo do everything for us? Next thing you will hear somebody ask them to shift the sun from Africa
Re: The Story Of The Magical Antimalarial Chinese Medicine – Ginghaosu (Artemisinin) by BitCraftman: 3:18am On Oct 09, 2019
FlyACT:
Torching
Torching or touching ? ?
Re: The Story Of The Magical Antimalarial Chinese Medicine – Ginghaosu (Artemisinin) by kakaG: 5:14am On Oct 09, 2019
naijadrivablog:
"Magical" you say

It depends on the type of malaria. E get malaria wey go hold you, you go drink this ACTs tire.

I swear. The last maleria wey attack me dem say na resistant type, omo I drink quinni and ACT together, almost deaf join with serious body pains. No f**k with naija ninja mosquitos o
Re: The Story Of The Magical Antimalarial Chinese Medicine – Ginghaosu (Artemisinin) by jeff1607(m): 6:12am On Oct 09, 2019
Kaybaba5:

Are you the owner or giver of HIV?

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Fascinating Facts About Flatulence / I Don't Know How And What To Shop For My Unborn Child / Ahmed Mayowa Buried In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.