Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season (19673 Views)

England's Record Goalscorer White Announces Retirement At 33 After Winning Euro / Ex-Bayern, Real Madrid & Chelsea Star Arjen Robben Announces Retirement at 37 / Odemwingie announces retirement from football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by obembet(f): 5:04pm On Oct 08, 2019
Bastian Schweinsteiger has announced his retirement from professional football, with the former Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Chicago Fire star hanging up his boots at the age of 35.

The World Cup winner has spent the last three years turning out in MLS.

Prior to that, he took in a brief spell with the Red Devils at Old Trafford.

Having first linked up with the German giants as a teenager, he would go on to take in 500 competitive appearances.

He won eight Bundesliga titles and the Champions League along the way, while also collecting 121 caps for his country.

Schweinsteiger’s finest hour with Germany came in 2014, when Joachim Low’s side savoured World Cup glory in Brazil.

There will now be plenty of time for a combative figure to look back on many happy memories, with the decision taken to take walk away at the end of the current campaign in America.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7550613/amp/Bastian-Schweinsteiger-announces-retirement-football-trophy-laden-17-year-career.html

10 Likes

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by General0847: 5:11pm On Oct 08, 2019
A true legend.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by jadeliyi(m): 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2019
i could remember he plays in man u sha. and he lost a penalty to chelsea in champions league final.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by obembet(f): 6:35pm On Oct 08, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by marlahkhai: 6:37pm On Oct 08, 2019
German Legend. Really enjoyed his displays during his heydays at Munich

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by Andersonjr(m): 7:24pm On Oct 08, 2019
Happy retirement. Legend smiley

10 Likes

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by Dobson43: 7:27pm On Oct 08, 2019
angry
Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by oluwasegun007(m): 8:13pm On Oct 08, 2019
You Don try..
Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by miki1(m): 8:14pm On Oct 08, 2019
This guy and ballack made Germany a force

3 Likes

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by Promismike(m): 8:14pm On Oct 08, 2019
Legend.

Won't forget that long shot against, I think italy, in d world cup that brought him to limelight.

1 Like

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by Dpharisee: 8:15pm On Oct 08, 2019
One of those who wore the red jersey when Man U was still Man U.
Congratulations, he gave his best to the game cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by Yakarii: 8:16pm On Oct 08, 2019
jadeliyi:
i could remember he plays in man u sha. and he lost a penalty to chelsea in champions league final.
Chelsea was destined to win UCL that year

starting from terrific comeback against Napoli
knocking out Barcelona with 10 men i mean the real Messi Iniesta xavi Barcelona and the late drogba equalizer
everything that happened in that season shows that you need a bit of luck to win UCL no be by i sabi play football sometimes

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by pride4legacy(m): 8:16pm On Oct 08, 2019
He used to date my cousin who happens to be half igbo half German with a little mix of london

Elitism6

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by cloutchaser: 8:16pm On Oct 08, 2019
one more great player hanging his boots and leaving the likes of rashidy and lingard to fill the void

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by adez2016(m): 8:17pm On Oct 08, 2019
German Machine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by Femich18(m): 8:18pm On Oct 08, 2019
What a wonderful career he had. Congrats to him
Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by StrikeBack(m): 8:19pm On Oct 08, 2019
You don try

Meanwhile, Daniel amokachi retired shortly after the 2002 world cup.

Amokachi is just 46years old.

Do the maths

1 Like

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by KingAzubuike(f): 8:38pm On Oct 08, 2019
Yakarii:
Chelsea was destined to win UCL that year

starting from terrific comeback against Napoli
knocking out Barcelona with 10 men i mean the real Messi Iniesta xavi Barcelona and the late drogba equalizer
everything that happened in that season shows that you need a bit of luck to win UCL no
It's not luck, it's destiny. What will be will be.
Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by Realhommie(m): 8:41pm On Oct 08, 2019
Shuooooo, this guy still dey play before?
Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 08, 2019
Legend...
can't forget your "unstoppable" strikes against Portugal in the 2006 World Cup third place play-off

1 Like

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by tillaman(m): 8:48pm On Oct 08, 2019
Legend!!
Well deserved retirement Bastian Schweinsteiger!!
We wish you luck in your future career
Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by PapiNigga: 8:55pm On Oct 08, 2019
awwfar:
Legend...
can't forget your "unstoppable" strikes against Portugal in the 2006 World Cup third place play-off

u sabi ball

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by chukwuibuipob: 8:55pm On Oct 08, 2019
German machine.
Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by NACE13: 9:15pm On Oct 08, 2019
I won't forget his testimonial match in 2017, mehn, I almost cried, in fact, I cried but had to switch channels not to make it too obvious. But just 35yrs, that's quite early, take a look at Lord Zlatan still slaying @ 38.

2 Likes

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by StrikeBack(m): 9:22pm On Oct 08, 2019
NACE13:
I won't forget his testimonial match in 2017, mehn, I almost cried, in fact, I cried but had to switch channels not to make it too obvious. But just 35yrs, that's quite early, take a look at Lord Zlatan still slaying @ 38.
What of amokachi who retired at age 27

4 Likes

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by engrchykae(m): 9:31pm On Oct 08, 2019
miki1:
This guy and ballack made Germany a force
with Mr Phillips lahm.

1 Like

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by eddieguru(m): 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2019
Legend

1 Like

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by dfrost: 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2019
StrikeBack:
What of amokachi who retired at age 27

cheesy grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vinicius Praises Sevilla For Ejecting Fan Making Racist Gestures / Zlatan Ibrahimovic Announces Retirement From Football / Hugo Lloris Announces Retirement From International Football (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.