Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,920 members, 7,835,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season (19683 Views)

England's Record Goalscorer White Announces Retirement At 33 After Winning Euro / Ex-Bayern, Real Madrid & Chelsea Star Arjen Robben Announces Retirement at 37 / Odemwingie announces retirement from football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 9:34pm On Oct 08, 2019
Failed career. Tufiakwa
Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by engrchykae(m): 9:36pm On Oct 08, 2019
cloutchaser:
one more great player hanging his boots and leaving the likes of rashidy and lingard to fill the void
but ighalo better pass rashidi rashifordi and lingerie lingard.
these two will ensure man utd relegation

1 Like

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by excel101(m): 9:50pm On Oct 08, 2019
Andersonjr:
Happy retirement. Legend smiley
Not yet.
Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 08, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:
Failed career. Tufiakwa

Head dey pain you!!

1 Like

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by nuban07(m): 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2019
Promismike:
Legend.

Won't forget that long shot against, I think italy, in d world coup that brought him to limelight.

2006 world cup in Germany
Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by bravesoul247(m): 10:16pm On Oct 08, 2019
NACE13:
I won't forget his testimonial match in 2017, mehn, I almost cried, in fact, I cried but had to switch channels not to make it too obvious. But just 35yrs, that's quite early, take a look at Lord Zlatan still slaying @ 38.
what happened? Why did you cry?
Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by RexTramadol1: 10:41pm On Oct 08, 2019
Dpharisee:
One of those who wore the red jersey when Man U was still Man U.
Congratulations, he gave his best to the game cheesy

You say?
Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by bennynaza(m): 10:44pm On Oct 08, 2019
Promismike:
Legend.

Won't forget that long shot against, I think italy, in d world cup that brought him to limelight.

Portugal. Third place match. 2006 world cup. Scored 2 goals actually

1 Like

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by JerryLegend(m): 11:28pm On Oct 08, 2019
Bastian. One of my favorite player. Happy retirement champ!
Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by makavelli80(m): 12:19am On Oct 09, 2019
awwfar:
Legend...
can't forget your "unstoppable" strikes against Portugal in the 2006 World Cup third place play-off
and if not for that third place match, Ricardo would have been the best keeper of that tournament
Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by WriterX(m): 9:56am On Oct 09, 2019
pride4legacy:
He used to date my cousin who happens to be half igbo half German with a little mix of london

Elitism6
grin
pride4legacy:
He used to date my cousin who happens to be half igbo half German with a little mix of london

Elitism6

the story isn't complete, lol.
Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by NACE13: 10:17am On Oct 09, 2019
bravesoul247:
what happened? Why did you cry?

From a guy to a fellow guy, I won't admit I cried. I was chopping onions while watching the game. The fans/spectators kept on applauding and singing him praises while he was making a speech, they didn't even allow him speak, like if he utters a word they'll start clapping and singing him praises all over again. He himself couldn't hold back the tears, he started sobbing. He tried so hard to hold himself from bursting into tears

1 Like

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by NACE13: 10:20am On Oct 09, 2019
StrikeBack:
What of amokachi who retired at age 27

Heard he had a career-ending injury that's why. How true is that?
Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by jamesfadairo(m): 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2019
Danke Basti, Deutsh fubal meister!
Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by jamesfadairo(m): 12:34pm On Oct 09, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:
Failed career. Tufiakwa

if he had a failed career, then we have very very few players (past and present) with average football career, let alone a successful one
Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season by Dizzyrascal(m): 7:47pm On Oct 09, 2019
Yakarii:
Chelsea was destined to win UCL that year

starting from terrific comeback against Napoli
knocking out Barcelona with 10 men i mean the real Messi Iniesta xavi Barcelona and the late drogba equalizer
everything that happened in that season shows that you need a bit of luck to win UCL no be by i sabi play football sometimes
you are Goddamn right....I even composed a quote because of Chlsea's exploits that season. It goes thus:

A CHAMPION IS A PERSON OR GROUP LUCKY ENOUGH TO DISCOVER ITS TRUE POTENTIAL BEFORE IT BECOMES TOO LATE AND THEN USES THAT DISCOVERY, TO ACHIEVE SOMETHING TRULY WORTHWHILE....

...the second leg against Napoli was where Chelsea discovered themselves that season. The rest they say is history....it was truly a fairytale story.

PS: I am not a Chelsea fan, just a believer in fairytales

(1) (2) (Reply)

Junior Ajayi Celebrates Al Ahly’s Club World Cup Feat / Fulham FC Arrives Nigeria To Support Soccer Star Project With Siasia / Vote For Victor Moses As BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.