Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,342 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Most Countries Have Limited Visa To NIGERIANS - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Most Countries Have Limited Visa To NIGERIANS (1246 Views)

US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview / The Reality About Kazakhstan And Warning To Nigerians / What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Countries Have Limited Visa To NIGERIANS by nobaga: 2:46am On Oct 09, 2019
Felt so ashamed today in a conference when a Chinese Professor at a prestigious university said he failed to obtain visas for his Nigerian students out of many on a technology tour of China.

Felt so small looking for table to hide under.

4 Likes

Re: Most Countries Have Limited Visa To NIGERIANS by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 09, 2019
nobaga:

Felt so ashamed today in a conference when a Chinese Professor at a prestigious university said he failed to obtain visas for his Nigerian students out of many on a technology tour of China.

Na wa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Countries Have Limited Visa To NIGERIANS by Grupo(m): 6:51am On Oct 09, 2019
nobaga:

The trend will only continue.

What's really killing Nigeria is the faux belief by Nigerians that they are smart.

People don't care about the growth of the country. They vote idịots into power with the belief that they could always move to a sane country if things go wrong.

6 Likes

Re: Most Countries Have Limited Visa To NIGERIANS by Righteousness89(m): 8:47am On Oct 09, 2019
It's really painful!!

I came Across the Current US Dv lottery and to my suprise Nigeria was Excluded...

Am not in Nigeria currently, I am really thinking of Applying for the Passport of My Wife's country ..

2 Likes

Re: Most Countries Have Limited Visa To NIGERIANS by Suspectzero(m): 10:13am On Oct 09, 2019
And rightly so. The Nigerian culture is a disease that can be spread if not properly managed.

4 Likes

Re: Most Countries Have Limited Visa To NIGERIANS by pansophist(m): 10:16am On Oct 09, 2019
Lol, I think Bahrain banned the entry of Nigerians some years back, though, seems like they have uplifted it, but it is really hard to get a visa with a Nigerian passport. And rightly so. If a country refuses to grow and compete in the new digitized world, it is only logical that others will limit their entry, especially when the ones that got their visa abused it with crimes and despicable ways.

I've been to at least 30 countries so far, mostly in Europe, Africa, and Eurasia, and the Nigerians I usually meet there are nothing to write home about. The civilized ones are scattered and far in between, but largely, its a sad tale. The only exceptions was NewZealand and Australia, thanks to their strict immigration policy.

5 Likes

Re: Most Countries Have Limited Visa To NIGERIANS by nlPoster: 10:25am On Oct 09, 2019
Why does Nigeria even bother with civilization at all?

Civilized ones are an endangered species.
Re: Most Countries Have Limited Visa To NIGERIANS by nobaga: 2:26pm On Oct 09, 2019
Actually, I think the civilized and modest ones are many and more in foreign countries. But they hide and hardly mix with Nigerians except the ones they know very well.

Those who used to bring their wives from home have learned and others have learned from them. Once some of the new wives or husbands brought from home started following wrong crowd, divorce or separation came calling.

pansophist:
Lol, I think Bahrain banned the entry of Nigerians some years back, though, seems like they have uplifted it, but it is really hard to get a visa with a Nigerian passport. And rightly so. If a country refuses to grow and compete in the new digitized world, it is only logical that others will limit their entry, especially when the ones that got their visa abused it with crimes and despicable ways.

I've been to at least 30 countries so far, mostly in Europe, Africa, and Eurasia, and the Nigerians I usually meet there are nothing to write home about. The civilized ones are scattered and far in between, but largely, its a sad tale. The only exceptions was NewZealand and Australia, thanks to their strict immigration policy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Countries Have Limited Visa To NIGERIANS by nlPoster: 2:54pm On Oct 09, 2019
nobaga:
Actually, I think the civilized and modest ones are many and more in foreign countries. But they hide and hardly mix with Nigerians except the ones they know very well.

Those who used to bring their wives from home have learned and others have learned from them. Once some of the new wives or husbands brought from home started following wrong crowd, divorce or separation came calling.

Is this a hundred percent probability or are there stories with a different ending?

2 Likes

Re: Most Countries Have Limited Visa To NIGERIANS by DexterousOne(m): 3:05pm On Oct 09, 2019
pansophist:

You are right

The average Nigerian needs reorientation

Most Nigerians I have met personally outside the shores of Nigeria are up to no good
I mean that should not be surprising judging by where they came from.
A frog is a frog wherever a frog goes

Most Nigerians are undesirables
That is why Nigerian passport is done for

Assuming the bulk of Nigerians are people who add value to economies of other countries in different ways (like say the Japanese)
We will not be hounded the way we are being hounded.

When my Canada thing click
I go leave una comot too undecided

6 Likes

Re: Most Countries Have Limited Visa To NIGERIANS by AngelicBeing: 3:05pm On Oct 09, 2019
Chai sad
Re: Most Countries Have Limited Visa To NIGERIANS by DexterousOne(m): 3:06pm On Oct 09, 2019
nobaga:

I disagree with your first paragraph

1 Like

Re: Most Countries Have Limited Visa To NIGERIANS by DexterousOne(m): 3:07pm On Oct 09, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Chai sad

AngelicBeing

I notice your comments

It makes me laugh all the time

And you must really hate the rot in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Most Countries Have Limited Visa To NIGERIANS by AngelicBeing: 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2019
DexterousOne:

You are right

The average Nigerian needs reorientation

Most Nigerians I have met personally outside the shores of Nigeria are up to no good
I mean that should not be surprising judging by where they came from.
A frog is a frog wherever a frog goes

Most Nigerians are undesirables
That is why Nigerian passport is done for

Assuming the bulk of Nigerians are people who add value to economies of other countries in different ways (like say the Japanese)
We will not be hounded the way we are being hounded.

When my Canada thing click
I go leave una comot too undecided

The green passport of Nigeria don cast since Na, if 5 Africans appear at most border post, let's say the five Africans are from Niger Republic, Togo, Benin Republic and Nigeria, attention and strict scrutiny will be more on the Nigerian, it is a very sad situation and once you say things the way it is on here, you are tagged unpatriotic, Na dem sabi, let me eat my fried goat meat with my legend stout, make patriotic citizens keep defending their Oluwole Nigeria passport tongue

6 Likes

Re: Most Countries Have Limited Visa To NIGERIANS by nlPoster: 3:13pm On Oct 09, 2019
"Civilized" Nigerians are the exception, not the rule.

Somehow we overlook this fact, perhaps because Nigerians are doing well overseas?

2 Likes

Re: Most Countries Have Limited Visa To NIGERIANS by Beautyaddy: 3:16pm On Oct 09, 2019
hmmmm! embarassed
Re: Most Countries Have Limited Visa To NIGERIANS by AngelicBeing: 3:21pm On Oct 09, 2019
DexterousOne:

AngelicBeing

I notice your comments

It makes me laugh all the time

And you must really hate the rot in Nigeria
My brother, what we are witnessing now is not new to me, l saw it years ago , but lots of patriotic citizens are still living in delusion with their patriotism but what do I know, I wish them good luck defending Nigeria, let me go back to my hiding spot on Mount Everest and continue with my goat meat with vodka, I wish Buhari, APC and patriotic citizens well, Sai baba grin

4 Likes

Re: Most Countries Have Limited Visa To NIGERIANS by AngelicBeing: 3:26pm On Oct 09, 2019
Beautyaddy:
hmmmm! embarassed
It will take Special Angels to come down with special soap to wash the nation called Nigeria from all the heavy stains on that country or else it is not yet uhuru for the country, the stain on Nigeria seems to get dirtier daily

3 Likes

Re: Most Countries Have Limited Visa To NIGERIANS by Ugosample(m): 3:51pm On Oct 09, 2019
nairalandposter:

Somehow we overlook this fact, perhaps because Nigerians are doing well overseas?

exactly
Re: Most Countries Have Limited Visa To NIGERIANS by nobaga: 4:10pm On Oct 09, 2019
Sad.

It could be generational thing. If the older ones avoid younger Nigerians, it is hard to know them.

nairalandposter:

Re: Most Countries Have Limited Visa To NIGERIANS by nlPoster: 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2019
nobaga:
Sad.

It could be generational thing. If the older ones avoid younger Nigerians, it is hard to know them.

It seems like more of a social structure problem, than an older younger problem.

Just guessing though.

There could also be a gap in communication between younger and older I guess.

(1) (Reply)

Are We Allowed To Bring In Food From Outside At Lekki Conservation Center ? / Amelia's Hideaway-disappointd / Why our airspace is dangerous -Capt. Tito

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.