Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty (9602 Views)

Nigeria’s Borrowing: ‘Trouble’ Imminent, Says Budget Office / Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal / 2020 Budget Is A Budget Of Bankruptcy ― Odilim Enwegbara, Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by Agugbadin: 6:24am On Oct 09, 2019
North East development commission (NEDC) I with N38billion is a waste conduit through which public fund is being siphoned. Time to scrap NEDC, the states adds no value to the economy of this country
Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by Carsontyqa(m): 6:30am On Oct 09, 2019
Nonsense!
Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by Topmaike007(m): 6:39am On Oct 09, 2019
My own is which water are dey giving us......................... That made them budget 82 million
Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by nauto6: 6:41am On Oct 09, 2019
Ok
Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 09, 2019
the redundant coupist proved to be a GROSS WASTE of my 2015 campaign/vote .

he's the dumbest and most clueless thing I ever voted! #you cannot give what you don't have!
Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by starbright4real(m): 6:42am On Oct 09, 2019
gud day, pls i seriously need a job, i am a graduate of accounting (hnd) 07037799108
Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by MrMoney55: 6:47am On Oct 09, 2019
Tacha is far more better than Buhari i swear
uthlaw:
you all will come here to insult the government but only to vote for tacha with your money and jubilate for mercy....no remedy to the problems of this nation untill we all wake up!

1 Like

Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by Agugbadin: 6:47am On Oct 09, 2019
cenaman:
CUPP are really mad. are they indirectly calling the president a corrupt man?

The president camp is corrupt
Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by Eteka1(m): 6:47am On Oct 09, 2019
All the scoundrels above concurring with CUPP have surely not even read or seen the budget before they start wailing. Is that not madness?
Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 09, 2019
Eteka1:
All the scoundrels above concurring with CUPP have surely not even read or seen the budget before they start wailing. Is that not madness?
So elaborate.
How is the budget?
Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by slowice(m): 6:52am On Oct 09, 2019
Funny how some re abusing cupp without critically weighing their views to ascertain the truth in it..... Truth is, in the end, Nigerians will be worse off as its obvious this government ve no deliberate well orchestrated economic plan to pull Nigerians out of poverty and insure stability and increased productivity.
Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by MrMoney55: 6:53am On Oct 09, 2019
how will they be growth with tthis stuff?
Neekado:
Abeg everyone should leave Buhari and budget. Everybody is shouting as if there is anything they can do about it. Let's hope for growth, development and more job creation than condemning every move the government makes.
Shikena
Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by etrouble: 6:55am On Oct 09, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
Olodo president only knows climate change in place of plans in developing the young Nigerians

Buhari actually think that the bigger the budget figure the more Nigerians view him as performing president

Bring out your father that is not olodo, let him come and contest nah.
Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by MrMoney55: 6:55am On Oct 09, 2019
what does he know hes justtalking to make himself feel good
xoftcore:

So elaborate.
How is the budget?
Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by Akaegwu(m): 7:02am On Oct 09, 2019
Next level. Laughing in Chinese

1 Like

Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by akaahs(m): 7:15am On Oct 09, 2019
cenaman:
CUPP are really mad. are they indirectly calling the president a corrupt man?
Yes, is the head of cow man not corrupt?? If u surround yourself with thieves aren't you a thief urself?

2 Likes

Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 09, 2019
Guys, Nigeria is in for a long haul brace yourselves for impact
Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by omo1478(m): 7:52am On Oct 09, 2019
Drama will start when different ministries and dg of different boards, will be called to come and defend their budgets. That is when you will know that the said budget, is a copy and paste. WHICH WAY NIGERIA.
Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by Tareq1105: 8:15am On Oct 09, 2019
Opposition get work to do. Criticising criticising without basis but just to be seen to be talking.

I won't say anything until I hear from Baba Galadima because I heard that Atiku wants to present PDP shadow budget.

chrysora:
The Coalition of United Political Parties, CUPP, has described the 2020 appropriation bill presented to a joint session of the National Assembly as a heavy travel bag but empty in substance

The coalition said the budget is the final weapon to consolidate Buhari next level of economic ruins, poverty, looting and visionlessness

It further described the budget as a ‘come and chop’ document that is high in volume and empty in substance.

CUPP, in the statement signed by its Spokesman, Ikenga Imo Ugochinyere, pointed out that the inclusion of over 7 percent VAT increment in the budget is designed to inject poverty into the blood of Nigerians by taxing them to death.

It said that the 2020 budget proposal is impossible to achieve because the nation is already broke and looting of fund is part of the All Progressives Congress, APC’s daily life.

The CUPP said it is heading to court to challenge the move to increase VAT and inclusion of the proposed increment inside the budget

The statement added, “The Coalition of United Political Parties (CUPP), having listened critically to President Muhammadu Buhari’s 2020 Appropriation Bill as presented to the joint session of the National Assembly on Tuesday, regrets to inform Nigerians that the days of the nation’s suffering are not any way close to an end. The president has by today’s budget presentation shown that he has no formula to save the nation’s economy from the impending final ruins that his mismanagement has caused.

“Opposition parties see this fiscal document as empty document that is not worth the paper on which it was written. It is full of rhetoric; Buhari’s appropriation bill can best be described as a heavy travel bag that is empty in substance or value.

“The CUPP notes that this document is a final weapon to consolidate Buhari’s next level of economic ruins, poverty, looting and visionlessness. It is a come and chop document meant to further impoverish many and prosper the privileged few.

“The Opposition rejects the inclusion of the illegal proposed increment in VAT as part of the 2020 budget expected source of funding. This has shown that the budget is built in the sky with no serious source of funding except taxing the people to death.

“The opposition coalition has, therefore, resolved to head to court this week to stop the planned insensitive move to tax the suffering citizens of Nigeria to death with the proposed increment in VAT from 5% to over 7%. The president should not force the suffering citizens to bear the consequences of his leadership failures.”
Read more:

https://dailypost.ng/2019/10/08/2020-budget-president-buhari-fire/amp/
Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by Jasseyfrd(m): 8:28am On Oct 09, 2019
It further described the budget as a ‘come and chop’ document that is high in volume and empty in substance. [/quote]

Hahahaaa APC is a scam
Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by Automatic3444(m): 8:39am On Oct 09, 2019
etrouble:

Bring out your father that is not olodo, let him come and contest nah.

Your birth certificate is an apology letter from the condom factory.
Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by kadiri3(m): 2:13pm On Oct 09, 2019
Seenyo:
the redundant coupist proved to be a GROSS WASTE of my 2015 campaign/vote .

he's the dumbest and most clueless thing I ever voted! #you cannot give what you don't have!
GUY BY UR POST I KNOW U VOTE FOR PDP DON'T LIE
Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by kadiri3(m): 2:14pm On Oct 09, 2019
MrMoney55:
Tacha is far more better than Buhari i swear
U MUMU I SWEAR WHO DID DIS TO U?
Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 09, 2019
MrMoney55:
what does he know hes justtalking to make himself feel good
to make his selfish self good
Not for the nation, oh Nigeria has got a ruminant for a president
Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by JonDon12: 7:50pm On Oct 09, 2019
Borderless:

Please explain yourself.

It is self -explanatory
Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 09, 2019
kadiri3:
GUY BY UR POST I KNOW U VOTE FOR PDP DON'T LIE
you must be new on nl, revisit my nl posts of pre 2015 elections.....
Or better still

let you and i go swear before either sango, ogun, okija, etc... so that eternal tragedy/calamity can befall the liar between us!

Nig is my priority!
Damn apc, pdp, jonathan, buhari, etc.
Re: 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty by Yusman316(m): 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2019
Orjioorji:
Apc don't know anything about governance.
Because the cabinet is full of foreigners not Nigerians, right?

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Sets Up Two New Satellite Companies Under NIGCOMSAT / Governor Sanwo-Olu Commissions Classroom Block At Ogombo / Amid Fear Of Losing $23bn Revenue, FG Goes After Oil Thieves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.