Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects (35141 Views)

Maguire: "He Is Not The Worst Defender In The History Of The EPL" -- Tijani Abdu / Messi Has Second-Worst Conversion Rate Of Any Player In Europe’s Top Five League / Ronaldo Is Now The Second Worst Free-kick Taker In Serie A History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by ednut1(m): 1:26pm On Oct 09, 2019
Retire then
Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by seangy4konji: 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2019
Leave am like that.
Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by oyeb15: 1:27pm On Oct 09, 2019
Just step up your game.
Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by mummyson26(m): 1:29pm On Oct 09, 2019
Hmmm

Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by Beat123(f): 1:30pm On Oct 09, 2019
paiz:
Arsenal has been trying this season though but this Mustafi is worst.
I am a Man Utd fan but going to relegation this season will give me Joy.

Please today is my birthday

show me some love Biko
show your relegated bank account love? Goan sit down abeg
Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by nzeobi(m): 1:30pm On Oct 09, 2019
ZombieTAMER:

Nothing Nigerian about it
He's Turkish
He is from Albania and not Turkey.
Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by NaijaOlosho(f): 1:31pm On Oct 09, 2019
shocked shocked

RAPPER SKY B IS NOT DEAD

SEE PHOTOS HERE

https://www.nairaland.com/5461423/sky-b-alive-faked-death
Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by kunmiiii: 1:34pm On Oct 09, 2019
grin see Mustafi tussling Craig Pawson.

6 Likes

Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by paiz: 1:35pm On Oct 09, 2019
Let love Leads

1 Like

Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by Techsunny: 1:35pm On Oct 09, 2019
Toutoius of realmadrid worst keeper in the world
Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by yudee233: 1:37pm On Oct 09, 2019
And Nobody is commenting about the winner of the poll...... Up Man United
Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by uzonna22: 1:37pm On Oct 09, 2019
paiz:

show me some love Biko

HBD bro
Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:41pm On Oct 09, 2019
Not deserving if we are to rate him with his last 3 games.

3 games, 3 clean sheets...
Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by sammchuck1: 1:43pm On Oct 09, 2019
Samakus:
Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi has laughed off the suggestion that he is the ‘second-worst defender in world football’.

The German was selected in a poll by Marca, voted for by over 150,000 people, as the second-worst defensive player of the season, behind Manchester United’s Phil Jones.

While Mustafi admitted his form has suffered in the past year, he stated that the online poll does not bother him.

“But shortly after Christmas 2018 there was a kink. I’ve made a few mistakes and they’ve created a mess that I’ve never experienced before.”

One game in particular where Mustafi endured a torrid night was during a 5-1 defeat to Liverpool in December 2018, but the centre-back has revealed he was not fit to play in that encounter and only featured as a favour to manager Unai Emery.

“I had missed three weeks injured and then went into the game without training with the team because the coach needed me,” he said.

“At half-time it was 4-1, I had a few bad moments and injured myself again. Afterwards, I got a lot of negative comments from Arsenal fans on Instagram and Twitter, and articles were written in which I was harshly criticised.

“I’m self-critical enough to realise that I made mistakes,” he added. “I can also deal with tough criticism. But the criticism has become escalated and irrational. I have become a target. At some point, people even blamed me for a defeat I had not played in at all.”

Despite Mustafi’s poor recent showings, the former Valencia man has said he still believes in his own ability.

“There were days when I really doubted something about myself. But at some point I realised that I am mentally strong.

“Something my wife said helped me a lot: ‘If you were really as bad as people are making you out, you would never have been a world champion and Arsenal player, something must have brought you here’. Since then I can handle it better.”

Much of the criticism aimed at the Germany international has come from social media and Mustafi believes many football fans only use the online platforms to poke fun at players.

“Football has become more inhumane,” he said. “Social media has also contributed to this, because anyone can comment, without names. People can unload their frustrations directly on us.

“It is no longer about the sport, but only to discredit someone to get as many likes as possible. I would like to see more restrictions in the future. What’s on the internet will never disappear. And I’m worried that this will eventually affect my children.”

http://samakus.edublogs.org/2019/10/09/arsenals-shkodran-mustafi-voted-second-worst-defender-in-the-world-behind-phil-jones-he-disagrees/

That's a lie na. Otamendi nko

1 Like

Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by ZaraGift: 1:44pm On Oct 09, 2019
paiz:

show me some love Biko

Please check my signature and put a smile on a brother's face

Why you dey beg for online?
Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by DonBenny77(m): 1:44pm On Oct 09, 2019
Mustafi ain't bad at all, 3 clean sheets while he played this season
Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by AfroKnight: 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2019
He probably wanted to be first not second
Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by paiz: 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2019
Proudly served
Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by BabangidaHamza(m): 1:52pm On Oct 09, 2019
ZombieTAMER:

Nothing Nigerian about it

He's Turkish
He is not a Turk but an Albanian
Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by wiseone28: 1:58pm On Oct 09, 2019
He should accept it

1 Like

Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by naijaauction100: 1:58pm On Oct 09, 2019
Crazy deals.
Get in here[color=#000099][/color] grin

Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by andrew444(m): 2:02pm On Oct 09, 2019
Is this guy really worst as they say?

How did he manage to win 20 caps for Germany?

Lol and this guy is even a world cup winner
Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by Bellotelli: 2:05pm On Oct 09, 2019
They would have said, the worst among the top premiership clubs.. He can't possibly be the second worst in the world.
Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by TechCapon(m): 2:09pm On Oct 09, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Which top club??

Abi u no knw wetin top club mean again??
your comment really cracked me up. Lol
Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by Omoawoke: 2:18pm On Oct 09, 2019
I bet 100% of those who voted won't mind being in his position....they won't mind even playing for 2nd division club as the worst of all worse defenders on earth..

Bad belle people
Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by favour32(m): 2:20pm On Oct 09, 2019
This man lazy die!
Mustafi!
Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by DarkJeddi(m): 2:27pm On Oct 09, 2019
Original Defender.. grin

Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by sallazlee(m): 2:32pm On Oct 09, 2019
biggerboyc:
How can an European player be the worse defender in the world, when we have players in Nigeria premier league. The just want to get to the guy by all means

I wonder oooo
Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by sallazlee(m): 2:35pm On Oct 09, 2019
Bigiyo:
as long as phil jones is no 1 there's no problem

this Jones deserve it bajebaje, the guy named trash

1 Like

Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by sallazlee(m): 2:36pm On Oct 09, 2019
Ulaga12:
lol i remember when Phil Jones used to be a very tough defender grin

Jones na fluke, I swear, one match 4weeks injured
Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by sallazlee(m): 2:39pm On Oct 09, 2019
Creamz:
This guy isn't good enough to be in a top club like Arsenal. I hope he improves anyways

as in, what are you talking about, you meaning semi top club like arsenal
Re: Shkodran Mustafi Voted Second Worst Defender In The World. He Objects by Creamz(m): 2:43pm On Oct 09, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Which top club??

Abi u no knw wetin top club mean again??
�� Arsenal is still a top club now. Despite not winning trophies. Trophies alone doesn't qualify you to be a top club

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From Footballer Emmanuel Echiejile's Wedding / Daniel Ochefu Visits The Beat FM Lagos - Pictures / Real Madrid Fans Boo Gareth Bale On Return After Wales Flag Incident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.