Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. (3013 Views)

Help My Dog Is Dying / Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting / Help! See The Funny State Of My Dog's Ear (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:01pm On Oct 09, 2019
This is a question to dog lovers and family men on nairaland but I don't know whether to post this in the pet session or romance. Mods should please do the appropriate if they feel it's in the wrong session.

My wife and I got married November 2018 and our relationship have been blissful. We dated for many years so we are like twins.
We moved into our own home immediately after our wedding. With enough space and fenced compound, I felt I can handle a dog now so I decided to buy two beautiful Eskimo dogs. A male and female.
I told her about my plan to buy the dogs and she wasn't against it. When the dogs finally arrived, my wife was extremely happy. She will play with them and feed them. I was a happy man.

Now fast forward to 5 months ago, I lost one of the dogs. He was very sick and all the treatments we gave him failed so he died. My wife was visibly shaken, she was sad and even shed tears.

But two months later, she came back from a visit to my mom's and asked me a funny question. She said "will you ever consider selling Ivy (the female dog)?"

I was like why will I consider selling her, she's not giving us any problems, she's healthy, and everybody likes her so why will I ever consider selling her?

Then she said because a pastor my mom took her to said we should sell the dog cuz that's why she's not getting pregnant.

Ah, I was surprised. Personally, I'm not the kinda person that believes in all pastors and their unreasonable prophecies so I told her to forget it, it's not gonna happen.

Ever since that day, her hatred for the dog has gone to another level. She doesn't want to see the dog, if she enters the kitchen, my wife will scream at her, if she enters our bedroom, she will scream. Even when the dog is at her corner, she will still find fault in her.

It has been one quarrel or the other ever since then.
I did my best to make peace with her, we had done test before and doctors said we are both okay so we should give the pregnancy issue time. To further make peace, I asked that we go to a different hospital to run the test which we did and they confirm the same thing (we are okay)

Yet she has somehow concluded that her problem is the dog! At first I was trying to tolerate her but she's beginning to get on my nerves with her constant nagging and aggression towards the dog. Just yesterday, she was complaining about seeing the dog's hair everywhere in the sitting room but this is a dog we've had for 1 year and she's a very hairy dog so why are you just noticing that her hairs are everywhere? Even when they were 2, you didn't complain about the hairs.

I'm just fed up seriously. She's at it today again, she called me that she's going to poison the dog one day if I don't take her away from the house.

Letting the dog go is not the problem but I have grown so use to having her that I already consider her a part of my life, I'm a kind of person that can be very attached to anything I like so selling the dog will most definitely demoralise me and I may not forgive her if I eventually sell the dog due to her headaches

I don't know what to do I swear.

Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by General0847: 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2019
I don't mean to be rude but sell your wife instead and keep the poor dog. Your wife has been brainwashed by that so called pastor. She is just making excuses.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2019
General0847:
I don't mean to be rude but sell your wife instead and keep the poor dog. Your wife has been brainwashed by that so called pastor. She is just making excuses.

I already banned her from ever attending that church program again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by General0847: 12:15pm On Oct 09, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

I already banned her from ever attending that church problem ever again.
Good, and make sure your order is obeyed. Talk things with your wife, maybe there are things bothering her. With women sometimes you need to ask many times before they open up.
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by ajokebelle(f): 12:23pm On Oct 09, 2019
I'm really pitying the poor dog, happy creature.
Can't imagine what she is passing through in the hands of your wife. The dog will be confused on how a happy owner just turned to something else, also trying to understand where the problem came from.

I believe your wife is a pleasant person, but when it comes to issues that has to do with fruit of the womb, a woman will not want to take any chances.
You might think it is a minor issue, but it is not to her. Society puts alot of pressure on wives, when the fruit of the womb is not coming forth, every one starts looking at her in a suspicious way, even you, so I don't blame her.

The ball is in your court O.P try to strike a balance abeg.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by NGRsenate: 12:24pm On Oct 09, 2019
A pastor will tell an educated woman in this time and age that a dog is stopping her from getting pregnant and she’s swallowing it hook, line and sinker.

5 Likes

Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:32pm On Oct 09, 2019
NGRsenate:
A pastor will tell an educated woman in this time and age that a dog is stopping her from getting pregnant and she’s swallowing it hook, line and sinker.

No offense sir, transfer your wife to the cage and promote beautiful ivy to the house

Please mind your words. The fact that you said "no offense" doesn't mean you should degrade my wife like that.

Yes she's educated but even the most educated people have fallen prey to these fake pastors so don't be so harsh in your reply. I need advice not insults. An insult on my wife is an insult on me and I won't take that.

21 Likes

Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by NGRsenate: 12:34pm On Oct 09, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

Please mind your words. The fact that you said "no offense" doesn't mean you should degrade my wife like that.

Yes she's educated but even the most educated people have fall prey to these fake pastors so don't be so harsh in your reply. I need advice not insults. An insult on my wife is an insult on me and I won't take that.

Apologies
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:36pm On Oct 09, 2019
ajokebelle:
I'm really pitying the poor dog, happy creature.
Can't imagine what she is passing through in the hands of your wife. The dog will be confused on how a happy owner just turned to something else, also trying to understand where the problem came from.

I believe your wife is a pleasant person, but when it comes to issues that has to do with fruit of the womb, a woman will not want to take any chances.
You might think it is a minor issue, but it is not to her. Society puts alot of pressure on wives, when the fruit of the womb is not coming forth, every one starts looking at her in a suspicious way, even you, so I don't blame her.

The ball is in your court O.P try to strike a balance abeg.

You're right but the truth is, no one is putting pressure on anyone. Not my family, not hers. We've only been married for a year so it's not like it's forever. But I guess she knows my love for kids and she's really eager to make me happy but no pressure. Infact I'd be happy if we wait longer cuz no one is really ready for this things.

Now the problem is how do I convince her that this beautiful creature has nothing to do with her.
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2019
NGRsenate:

Apologies
Taken, sorry if I was harsh
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by rollykotex: 12:55pm On Oct 09, 2019
The rate at which these fake pastors are destroying marriages and lives is amazing. I hope you talk it through with your wife and make her realize she'll get pregnant at the appropriate time, God willing very soon. And it has no connection whatsoever with the poor dog.
Henceforth, please drastically reduce the rate at which you visit pastors for prayers and counselling. They make mountain out of molehill and create problems where theres none.
Peace to you and all yours

1 Like

Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by johnnyn1(m): 2:34pm On Oct 09, 2019
To save your dog, y’all both should agree on a note.

1. That you will give the dog to a friend to stay for a month
2. The same month y’all both will fulfill your duties as husband Nd wife
3. That at the end of that month, if she still doesn’t get pregnant, that you will have to do same thing you did to the dog to her.

Do all those to put fear in her.

MODIFIED.

For Peace to reign, Handle this matter maturely.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 09, 2019
1 and 2 was purrfect.the rest a no no.

I dont like dogs. But i understand what u talking about. But to save your marriage give the dog a break and then if she fails to fall pregnant within 1 or 2 months she will be convinced.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2019
Kindly give the dog to a friend for sometime for peace to reign.

She won't let the dog be until it goes so just do it for peace sakes. Her mind has been polluted already.
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by vincentjk(m): 4:53pm On Oct 09, 2019
I understand how hard things like this can be and how bothered you're already. I love dogs so much but I think in order to save your marriage and respect and love your wife has for you, just give out ivy (maybe to a friend or relation for the mean time then see how things turn out before drawing with your conclusion

Being a family man isn't as easy as it seems sometimes

#ForTheLoveOfDogs

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by Kelvin30286063(m): 5:19pm On Oct 09, 2019
vincentjk:
I understand how hard things like this can be and how bothered you're already. I love dogs so much but I think in order to save your marriage and respect and love your wife has for you, just give out ivy (maybe to a friend or relation for the mean time then see how things turn out before drawing with your conclusion

Being a family man isn't as easy as it seems sometimes

#ForTheLoveOfDogs
Thank you. I'll definitely consider that
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by friendlyadvice: 6:22pm On Oct 09, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
This is a question to dog lovers and family men on nairaland but I don't know whether to post this in the pet session or romance. Mods should please do the appropriate if they feel it's in the wrong session.

My wife and I got married November 2018 and our relationship have been blissful. We dated for many years so we are like twins.
We moved into our own home immediately after our wedding. With enough space and fenced compound, I felt I can handle a dog now so I decided to buy two beautiful Eskimo dogs. A male and female.
I told her about my plan to buy the dogs and she wasn't against it. When the dogs finally arrived, my wife was extremely happy. She will play with them and feed them. I was a happy man.

Now fast forward to 5 months ago, I lost one of the dogs. He was very sick and all the treatments we gave him failed so he died. My wife was visibly shaken, she was sad and even shed tears.

But two months later, she came back from a visit to my mom's and asked me a funny question. She said "will you ever consider selling Ivy (the female dog)?"

I was like why will I consider selling her, she's not giving us any problems, she's healthy, and everybody likes her so why will I ever consider selling her?

Then she said because a pastor my mom took her to said we should sell the dog cuz that's why she's not getting pregnant.

Ah, I was surprised. Personally, I'm not the kinda person that believes in all pastors and their unreasonable prophecies so I told her to forget it, it's not gonna happen.

Ever since that day, her hatred for the dog has gone to another level. She doesn't want to see the dog, if she enters the kitchen, my wife will scream at her, if she enters our bedroom, she will scream. Even when the dog is at her corner, she will still find fault in her.

I did my best to make peace with her, we had done test before and doctors said we are both okay so we should give the pregnancy issue time. To further make peace, I asked that we go to a different hospital to run the test which we did and they confirm the same thing (we are okay)

Yet she has somehow concluded that her problem is the dog! At first I was trying to tolerate her but she's beginning to get on my nerves with her constant nagging and aggression towards the dog. Just yesterday, she was complaining about seeing the dog's hair everywhere in the sitting room but this is a dog we've had for 1 year and she's a very hairy dog so why are you just noticing that her hairs are everywhere? Even when they were 2, you didn't complain about the hairs.

I'm just fed up seriously. She's at it today again, she called me that she's going to poison the dog one day if I don't take her away from the house.

Letting the dog go is not the problem but I have grown so use to having her that I already consider her a part of my life, I'm a kind of person that can be very attached to anything I like so selling the dog will most definitely demoralise me and I may not forgive her if I eventually sell the dog due to her headaches

lol this your sick dog has still not died? I still get e casket o don't forget to call when that time comes
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by egopersonified(f): 6:53pm On Oct 09, 2019
Give the dog to your parents or any other close family.
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by amizzy48(m): 5:36am On Oct 10, 2019
Take ur dog to a vet or someone that can take care of the dog properly for a period of 2-3month. Within this periods u shd b able to convince ur wife that the dog isn't connected to her pregnancy.
Prophecies are Good but for I don't key into stupid one.
U need to see the so called pastor for him to explain how the dog is connected to ur wife pregnancy
And he should quote scripture were animals have hinder any woman of God from getting pregnant.
If He can't convince u then u need to give that pastor serious warning and it seems ur wify is also desperate about getting pregnant too that was the reason she believe the pastor.
Don't accept every prophecies. The fake pastors are more than Good one out there.
Finally, u really need to advise wife very well to stop accepting prophecies that ar unreasonable to avoid further problem in future

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by greatbrian(m): 1:09pm On Oct 11, 2019
What religion and this fake pastors will clone our people too will be worst than imagined.

I use to hear people say cats get possessed never heard of dogs. My advice op try and get your dog somewhere safe for now coz hell has no fury when a woman.............

1 Like

Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by greatbrian(m): 1:12pm On Oct 11, 2019
amizzy48:
Prophecies are Good but for I don't key into stupid one.
U need to see the so called pastor for him to explain how the dog is connected to ur wife pregnancy
And he should quote scripture were animals have hinder any woman of God from getting pregnant.
If He can't convince u then u need to give that pastor serious warning and it seems ur wify is also desperate about getting pregnant too that was the reason she believe the pastor.
Don't accept every prophecies. The fake pastors are more than Good one out there.
Finally, u really need to advise wife very well to stop accepting prophecies that ar unreasonable to avoid further problem in future

Op you really need to make do with this.

Tell that man of God to stay off your family and tell your mum to stop wasting energy and money in the name of pastors.
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:54pm On Oct 11, 2019
greatbrian:

Op you really need to make do with this.

Tell that man of God to stay off your family and tell your mum to stop wasting energy and money in the name of pastors.

Thank you
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by forreelliinc: 8:24pm On Oct 11, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

Thank you
I mean these are the last moments you have to spend with your dog before they die of parvo as destined
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by johnnyn1(m): 8:54pm On Oct 11, 2019
Why are you so inhuman and irresponsibly derailing and trolling post here and there.
You definitely need a Ban.
forreelliinc:

I mean these are the last moments you have to spend with your dog before they die of parvo as destined
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by chygo90(m): 11:08pm On Oct 11, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by Nobody: 2:57am On Oct 12, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

When people wonder why I don't like going to churches... Here you have it...

This is a very tricky situation I don't even know what to say
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by Nobody: 3:02am On Oct 12, 2019
friendlyadvice:

lol this your sick dog has still not died? I still get e casket o don't forget to call when that time comes

Where are these people coming from. The kind of comments I see on nairaland make me wonder if you are actually human. You dont seem like one.

Do we have robots now on nairaland @seun this guy is a suspected bot
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by forreelliinc: 5:43am On Oct 12, 2019
johnnyn1:
Why are you so inhuman and irresponsibly derailing and trolling post here and there.
You definitely need a Ban.
Abeg shut up jo dust yanner
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by johnnyn1(m): 8:32am On Oct 12, 2019
You need help mister.
God help you.
forreelliinc:

Abeg shut up jo dust yanner
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by johnnyn1(m): 8:42am On Oct 12, 2019
Okay.
I choose to be silent.
forreelliinc:

Your father needs help

(1) (2) (Reply)

Skirado Kennel (breeding Dogs) / I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate / End Time Dog: A Dog Seen Smoking, Causes Stir Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.