Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,057 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. (3017 Views)

Help My Dog Is Dying / Help, My Dog Won't Stop Vomiting / Help! See The Funny State Of My Dog's Ear (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by Abcruz(m): 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

Please mind your words. The fact that you said "no offense" doesn't mean you should degrade my wife like that.

Yes she's educated but even the most educated people have fallen prey to these fake pastors so don't be so harsh in your reply. I need advice not insults. An insult on my wife is an insult on me and I won't take that.

If you can re-post this on the "family" section you will definitely get matured response on how to deal with this issue.
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by Blackbelly(m): 6:52am On Oct 14, 2019
What if the o.p gives out the dog to a close friend or relation for a short period of time and by some weird coincidence, the wife takes in...o.p are you thinking what I'm thinking?
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by Specialjoe(m): 8:03am On Oct 14, 2019
My friend i know it's really hard 4 u but she is ur wife. 4 d main time give that dog to someone that u know will look after d dog then go 2 ur wife make her understand that children comes from God and that is nt d dog's fault make her reason with u if possible go 2 church or marriage cerminals that will renew her thinking then discuss of u having a dog if she agrees then u bring back ur dog and if she does nt want dog u let d dog issue go after all she is ur wife u have 2 pay d sacrifice by letting d dog go 2 maintain peace in ur home........ Let d dog not be reason 4 marital conflict
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by Aleora(f): 8:56am On Oct 14, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
This is a question to dog lovers and family men on nairaland but I don't know whether to post this in the pet session or romance. Mods should please do the appropriate if they feel it's in the wrong session.

My wife and I got married November 2018 and our relationship have been blissful. We dated for many years so we are like twins.
We moved into our own home immediately after our wedding. With enough space and fenced compound, I felt I can handle a dog now so I decided to buy two beautiful Eskimo dogs. A male and female.
I told her about my plan to buy the dogs and she wasn't against it. When the dogs finally arrived, my wife was extremely happy. She will play with them and feed them. I was a happy man.

Now fast forward to 5 months ago, I lost one of the dogs. He was very sick and all the treatments we gave him failed so he died. My wife was visibly shaken, she was sad and even shed tears.

But two months later, she came back from a visit to my mom's and asked me a funny question. She said "will you ever consider selling Ivy (the female dog)?"

I was like why will I consider selling her, she's not giving us any problems, she's healthy, and everybody likes her so why will I ever consider selling her?

Then she said because a pastor my mom took her to said we should sell the dog cuz that's why she's not getting pregnant.

Ah, I was surprised. Personally, I'm not the kinda person that believes in all pastors and their unreasonable prophecies so I told her to forget it, it's not gonna happen.

Ever since that day, her hatred for the dog has gone to another level. She doesn't want to see the dog, if she enters the kitchen, my wife will scream at her, if she enters our bedroom, she will scream. Even when the dog is at her corner, she will still find fault in her.

It has been one quarrel or the other ever since then.
I did my best to make peace with her, we had done test before and doctors said we are both okay so we should give the pregnancy issue time. To further make peace, I asked that we go to a different hospital to run the test which we did and they confirm the same thing (we are okay)

Yet she has somehow concluded that her problem is the dog! At first I was trying to tolerate her but she's beginning to get on my nerves with her constant nagging and aggression towards the dog. Just yesterday, she was complaining about seeing the dog's hair everywhere in the sitting room but this is a dog we've had for 1 year and she's a very hairy dog so why are you just noticing that her hairs are everywhere? Even when they were 2, you didn't complain about the hairs.

I'm just fed up seriously. She's at it today again, she called me that she's going to poison the dog one day if I don't take her away from the house.

Letting the dog go is not the problem but I have grown so use to having her that I already consider her a part of my life, I'm a kind of person that can be very attached to anything I like so selling the dog will most definitely demoralise me and I may not forgive her if I eventually sell the dog due to her headaches

I don't know what to do I swear.
me I like this dog too,looks like leo my sisters dog,please try talk to your wife,if she doesn't change her attitude towards the dog,maybe you should find a new home for the dog .my opinion though
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:11am On Oct 27, 2019
Aleora:
me I like this dog too,looks like leo my sisters dog,please try talk to your wife,if she doesn't change her attitude towards the dog,maybe you should find a new home for the dog .my opinion though
Thank you. I'll consider all options

1 Like

Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by younghartz(m): 5:08am On Oct 28, 2019
Most times we have to see things from both side.
Your wife has been scared after what the pastor said, in a psychological form, her brain will tell her as long as this dog is in the house she won't conceive......y'all knows what happens when your brain signal fear round the body,you will be emotionally unbalance.....

Secondly if you sell or dash out ivy,
Your wife,will feel calm and she will conceive
And all blame will be put on the dog and all praises will be given to the pastor..

I remember when my distant aunt told me my parrot was demonic
That year I couldn't get admission
I started hating the parrot and i wanted to throw it out
Then dad asked me "boy, what's your fear?"
I told him and he laughed
He said definitely you'd get admission not by throwing your pet away,but if you go ahead in throwing her and you get admission along the line
It will affect you psychologically
You would believe for the rest of your life that truly that pet was demonic

I almost forgot to mention,my parrot attended my convocation 5years latergrin

7 Likes

Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by agboedeh: 6:30am On Oct 28, 2019
my advice is that u should find a good friend not too far away that u could give the dog to just for a while.
U would agree to pay for feeding and vet care in the condition that you would get her back when ur wife conceives.

This way, everyone gets wat they want.
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:44am On Oct 28, 2019
forreelliinc:

No be you get house? o boy man up tell her ya keeping your dogs and she should go spread her legs and wait for you in the other room when she is done in the kitchen.

Stop being a lil b!tch
I don't expect kids to understand and I don't expect them to comment too
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by adisaaowala: 9:44am On Feb 21, 2020
Starlight10:
1 and 2 was purrfect.the rest a no no.

I dont like dogs. But i understand what u talking about. But to save your marriage give the dog a break and then if she fails to fall pregnant within 1 or 2 months she will be convinced.

Really?

See how beautiful the OP's dog is nah sad
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by sucre: 6:32pm On Feb 21, 2020
Fake pastors.

Op your wife is anxious. Let me tell you this when I got married in 2009 my wife was so anxious of pregnancy when no one was desturbing her. You know what for one year even miscarriage I no see. But immediately she removed anxiety she got pregnant and never noticed till after 2 months. Don't allow your wife believe in that fake pastor by sending your dog away. You would regret it thru out ur marriage o.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by MyChoice1: 8:21am On Feb 23, 2020
Please let the dog stay until your wife conceives, that way she will realize that the pastor was fake. If you succumb and take the dog away and she conceives, believe me she will believe so much in whatever the pastor says henceforth. Only one year in marriage and she's anxious? Calm her down and engage her on activities/programs that take her mind away from kids, if she is not working, enroll her on skill acquisition programs.
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by explosiveskull(m): 9:20pm On Feb 23, 2020
My kind of person immediately will track the pastor down and settle scores immediately for telling my wife rubbish that will affect my marriage. But OP for peace sake, just take away the dog, women can be funny, you shouldn't have let her fall prey to such pastors who operate ministries.
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by pheonixdld2(m): 9:26am On Feb 27, 2020
Brother believe me she is subtly being pressured by you mom, else why will your mom take her to a prophetess for solutions if she has not started making your wife feel something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by Blackbelly(m): 2:50pm On Feb 29, 2020
younghartz:
Most times we have to see things from both side.
Your wife has been scared after what the pastor said, in a psychological form, her brain will tell her as long as this dog is in the house she won't conceive......y'all knows what happens when your brain signal fear round the body,you will be emotionally unbalance.....

Secondly if you sell or dash out ivy,
Your wife,will feel calm and she will conceive
And all blame will be put on the dog and all praises will be given to the pastor..

I remember when my distant aunt told me my parrot was demonic
That year I couldn't get admission
I started hating the parrot and i wanted to throw it out
Then dad asked me "boy, what's your fear?"
I told him and he laughed
He said definitely you'd get admission not by throwing your pet away,but if you go ahead in throwing her and you get admission along the line
It will affect you psychologically
You would believe for the rest of your life that truly that pet was demonic

I almost forgot to mention,my parrot attended my convocation 5years latergrin

Hey bro, do you still have your Senegalese parrot?
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by younghartz(m): 2:53pm On Feb 29, 2020
Blackbelly:

Hey bro, do you still have your Senegalese parrot?

Negative sir,
Something actually happened.
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by Blackbelly(m): 4:15pm On Feb 29, 2020
younghartz:

Negative sir,
Something actually happened.

What happened?
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by younghartz(m): 8:17pm On Feb 29, 2020
Blackbelly:

Y
What happened?

Katherine normally fly around the compound,that day she did her normal routine but unfortunately she couldn't come back because of the heavy rainfall cry
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by Blackbelly(m): 8:27pm On Feb 29, 2020
younghartz:

Katherine normally fly around the compound,that day she did her normal routine but unfortunately she couldn't come back because of the heavy rainfall cry

Awwww... embarassed this is really really heartbreaking. Your close relationship with your parrots was what inspired me to get mine. We seem to share similar tragic loss of our birds.
Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by younghartz(m): 8:40pm On Feb 29, 2020
Blackbelly:

Awwww... embarassed this is really really heartbreaking. Your close relationship with your parrots was what inspired me to get mine. We seem to share similar tragic loss of our birds.

Whoa! I never knew, btw I read your diary about your parrot from page 1 to 5
It was really interesting...
Whenever I get married,I'd get a new one

Hustle no dey make man stay for house again

1 Like

Re: Help! My Wife Now Hates My Dog. by adigun002(m): 4:36pm On Mar 01, 2020
I own dogs too (Eskimo and a Rott) so I know how attached you must have been to that beautiful dog but you need to be very patient and apply wisdom in this situation.
Similar thing happened to me with my neighbour who happens to be a pastor, his wife used to hate my rottweiler so I moved him out of the compound to a friend's place untill January when burglars came to our compound overnight. They made request for me to bring him back home.

My advice is that you should take your dog out to live with a dog lover for now cos the innocent dog's life is in danger already....

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Just Found A Stray Dog At My Gate / End Time Dog: A Dog Seen Smoking, Causes Stir Online (Photos) / My Dogs now ready...as parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.