Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,737 members, 7,824,085 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Rap Albums On The Billboard Chart - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Albums On The Billboard Chart (509 Views)

D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts / It Is True 2baba Ascension Album Debuted 12th On US Billboard Chart / Higest Selling Rap Albums On Billboard Chart This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rap Albums On The Billboard Chart by kay29000(m): 6:32pm On Nov 05, 2010
Okay, it is that time of the week again, when i bring to you, the rap albums that are moving the biggest units on the billboard top 200 album chart. You should know that  physical album sales have drastically reduced in the last few years, and rap albums, out of the other genre's have suffered the most, so for some rap albums to still hold their on on the chart, i think it is worth checking out.

Below are the rap albums that have moved the highest units this week.

Lil Wayne- I Am Not a Human Being- 43,000- 366,000

Eminem- Recovery- 38,000- 2,899,000

Wacka Flocka Flame- Flockavelii- 10,000- 77,000

Rick Ross- Teflon Don- 9,900- 453,000

Drake- Thank Me Later- 9,300- 1,143,000

Tech N9ne- Seepage(EP)- 7,400- 7,600

love-vendor C- The Naked Soul of Sweet Jones- 2,800- 31,000

Ice Cube- 2,600- 41,000

Judging from the albums lower down the list, you can see that sales have really dropped. Thank God Ice cube has gone independent- that means he would be making a cool $9 dollars or more on each CD sale, instead of 2-3dollars if he were on a major. If he were on a major, then this sales would be considered embarrassing, although they are still very bad for a legend like him.

Wayne and Eminem are doing good. Em is doing really good with his recovery album; it is almost triple plat, and would probably hit that mark by Christmas. Wayne on the other hand is not doing bad himself, considering the fact that this is not a full length album, and just an EP- when Carter 4 drops, judging from what he is doing on the charts presently, he would definitely go gold in a week.

Just in case you are having trouble reading what i have written up top, the first figure is for this week, and the second is for the sales so far.
Re: Rap Albums On The Billboard Chart by Mobinga: 8:00pm On Nov 05, 2010
shocked shocked Teflon Don is doing horribly!! cry
Re: Rap Albums On The Billboard Chart by kay29000(m): 9:30pm On Nov 05, 2010
You can't say that. It is not doing great, but it is not doing horribly. You can't use eminem's sales as a yardstick for comparison, em has a lane of his own. For your info, teflon don is 3rd highest selling rap album for 2010. 1st is recovery, and 2nd is drake's thank me later album

(1) (Reply)

This Strike Must Stop Now! / New Music; Naeto C(share My Blessings) Ft Asa / Naeto C Ft. Asa - Share My Blessings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.