Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,530 members, 7,816,293 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Open Letter To Samson Siasia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Open Letter To Samson Siasia (2516 Views)

Full List Of 30 Players Invited To Camp By Samson Siasia For Rio Olympics / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / Osaze Apologizes To Samson Siasia On Brilla Fm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Samson Siasia by SkillJed(m): 9:18pm On Nov 05, 2010
this open letter was written to shuaibu amodu in october 2009 which he neglected to his own peril. siasia, please don't make the same mistake!

Now I Talk To Amodu Himself
Dear Coach

We have to congratulate you on the successful qualification of this team, the Super Eagles for the World Cup, you did it before (2001), and you have done it again (showing the first wasn’t a fluke). You deserve all the praise and commendation. No Nigerian has ever done this, but you have done it twice. It is enough to shut the mouth of critics. That is that about that. But here I’m going to be blunt with you if you must succeed with this team both at the Nations and World Cups in 2010.

While I have lots of respect for you as a coach, I need to tell you that there is so much room for improvement both on yourself and your team. You see, if you fail with this team (which will surprise me if that happens), it will be essentially and entirely your fault, and non other, and Nigerians may never forgive you for this.

You Need A Strict And High Sense of Professionalism

This is the first thing you need with this team. This is what distinguishes the white man from the black. The white man takes his decisions (managerial) based on objectiveness, the purpose, and goal to be achieved, the black makes his own based on sentiments and prejudice. That is the difference between a professional and non-professional. That is the kind of person this players (as rich and exposed as they are) can respect. That is why they respect their foreign coaches at their clubs. There is nothing in players earning more than their coaches, it is common place, even in Europe, but the coach who is worth his onions will still command full respect from those players.

By professionalism, I simply mean doing your job, following the rules, the way it should be done regardless of who is gored. That is what this Super Eagles players need. That is what will bring discipline to your team, and bring the best from these players. That is a crucial reason why Westerhof and Bonfrere succeeded here. Honestly, by virtue of the quality of players in this team, you have no reason not to succeed!

Team Discipline Is A Must

I would have been very disappointed with you had the Super Eagles failed to reach the mundial, you know why? Not because you failed, but essentially because I didn’t see it coming, because I had a great faith in the technical crew of the team led by you. I would have been really disappointed even surprised, that the indigenous coach I rated so high failed at the highest stage (that wasn’t even the highest stage, the highest stages are the Nations and World Cups).

I would have been surprised and disappointed that given the wealth of resources you had in players, you couldn’t galvanize them into a discipline, committed and winning team. This is where you have a lot work to do. You need to introduce and enforce discipline into this team. That has been the only problem of this team since the days of Clemens Westerhof. That was the problem of the 2002 team that was disbanded (that team was led by you). I expected that by now, as a coach and a professional, you should have gone beyond the level where you can’t enforce discipline and commitment in your team. If you could do this, the sky will be your limit with this very team. As a experienced coach and a professionalism for that matter, do this and get it done effectively.

A coach shouldn’t beg players before they will play for him, such a coach is not worth his salt, neither should he field players on any other sentiments/premise other than fitness and commitment of the players to that team, any other sentiment is a bad omen for that team. Don’t field players for their names or clubs they play in, or even the talent they have. A player may be talented but he may not be fit, a player may even be fit but not committed to the team or the coach. As a coach, such a player has no place in your team. I say again, field the players who are committed to your course and that of the team. There are some big names in the Super Eagles rate zero in commitment, do without them.

If you can achieve a high level of commitment, discipline and reverence from these players, the sky will be your limit with this team. And it is your duty to achieve this. If you can’t achieve this, it will be totally your fault. That would really prove that you are indeed not good enough for the job (which I don’t think except you make me do). If you take the job purely professional, these players would have no reasons not to reverence you as they do their club coaches, and you’ll naturally succeed!
Re: Open Letter To Samson Siasia by buzugee(m): 3:46pm On Nov 06, 2010
siasia and all you football nuts can suck my kielbasa

first post  grin
Re: Open Letter To Samson Siasia by fASHCEO(m): 3:48pm On Nov 06, 2010
Finally we know have who we think is right for the job. I hope Siasia is able to fulfill our dream of seeing our eagles compete at top level once again in football. The super eagles used to be a super brand, it is yet to be known if our football can be back at the level it was in USA '94 with the present management in NFF because i simply don't have confidence in their ability to make our football and Nigeria more famous than that  internet scam & 419.

For phones, computers, ipods & other electronics, Check out Sales-Inland with the link below;
Re: Open Letter To Samson Siasia by apoti(m): 4:01pm On Nov 06, 2010
buzugee:

first post grin

You have been recognised
Re: Open Letter To Samson Siasia by buzugee(m): 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2010
apoti:

You have been recognised
preciate your kind words sir grin
Re: Open Letter To Samson Siasia by Chubhie: 4:27pm On Nov 06, 2010
Sia, do away with all dem central defender! Get players with a wining mentality. I for one wish you the very best.
Re: Open Letter To Samson Siasia by maclatunji: 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2010
fASH-CEO:

Finally we know have who we think is right for the job. I hope Siasia is able to fulfill our dream of seeing our eagles compete at top level once again in football. The super eagles used to be a super brand, it is yet to be known if our football can be back at the level it was in USA '94 with the present management in NFF because i simply don't have confidence in their ability to make our football and Nigeria more famous than that  internet scam & 419.

For phones, computers, ipods & other electronics, Check out Sales-Inland with the link below;
Oga your persistent marketing of phones is starting to get on my nerves. I would feel much better if you were to dash me one of those your Blackberry phones. I am not joking at all my e-mail address is olatuson@gmail.com or call 08085404500.
Re: Open Letter To Samson Siasia by GBT(m): 4:55pm On Nov 06, 2010

first post

You have been recognised

NICE 1 APOTI
Re: Open Letter To Samson Siasia by buzugee(m): 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2010
G.B.T:

first post

You have been recognised

NICE 1 APOTI
grin make it do what it do
Re: Open Letter To Samson Siasia by mystolad(m): 6:40pm On Nov 06, 2010
criticism apart, do u ever think siasia has anything to offer? i'm not criticizing. I think Siasia lack charisma. A coach of his quality will never accept defeat before the match is being played. He thought the NFF decision will not favour, so he think coming out to the public and telling us he knew Keshi will be choosing but he will go for the interview to fulfill all righteousness. This is not a good approach to employment.
On the other way round we seems to have conclude before the election. Siasia is a very good coach as well as Keshi. we underrated Keshi's achievement. We judge him out base on Siasia's 2005 and 2008 appointment. let us come to think of it, Siasia's last two appointment was a failure (U-20, Heartland)but we still want him. Good.
I heard Amokachi and Jay-jay saying NFF did this on purpose to please Nigerians. I would have appreciated Keshi. Nevertheless, Siasia is also a good coach. I wish him the best. I pray he will not disappoint us.
Re: Open Letter To Samson Siasia by vanariso(m): 7:37pm On Nov 06, 2010
Hi guys,am glad Siasia got the job. Although the two coaches (Sia n Keshi) are good n would deliver cos they ve d capacity,I still prefer Siasia to Keshi for some reasons just like many futbol following /loving Nigerians.
I guess the NFF just cant forgive Keshi for ganging up against them during his days as the Skipo (anyway he asked for his right and his team's ,including Siasia then) and the possibility of teaching his team what to do to fight the thieves like Ogunjobis who keep loossing players'allowances in his car boot or office.
Looking back from the days of siasia when he wore the no 8 shirt , ( was it mutiu , well mutiu and sia were workaholics u will hardly notice them in teams as they always never play rubish like that useless yakubut,reminds of gardiola in his days as the captain of barcelona) .Sia was always serious with ,on and off the ball.I cant forget his sweet goal against argentina when yekini dribbled one player while on a counter and passed to sia.The stupid defender,Redondo thought he had calculated well and came for sia's legs.He sized his pata,kolo and looked up to net and the keeper.lopped the above above the keeper and its a goal against the mighty argentines. The crowd went crazy and I saluted him.
In short Sia deserves this momemt.Mo ti yo.Sia even if u dont deliver, I will always like you.But I know seroius guys like u dont quit.And u shall deliver.I pray serious like u ,may be Mutiu adepoju heads NFF one day.Its just a matter of time.Eagles shall be great again.Please sia.do me afavour give Osaze the honour of the first player to called to team and banish Yakubu forever.I need to see your boys again.Make them play futbol like ur set used to n make us happy.
Re: Open Letter To Samson Siasia by mensdept: 4:45am On Nov 07, 2010
I hope the new "elected" leadership of NFF is sincere and will not scuttle Sia1 program with lack of friendly matches, cash rows, and all the usual off pitch corruption.
Re: Open Letter To Samson Siasia by protocol(m): 5:14am On Nov 07, 2010
if only dragnet and peoples prime will be given a chance to recruit young nigerian players below the age of 18, i know they will get it right cos their test is stinking hard! grin
Re: Open Letter To Samson Siasia by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 07, 2010
Siasia has these qualities
Re: Open Letter To Samson Siasia by SkillJed(m): 9:53pm On Nov 11, 2010
more excerpts from my open letter to shuaibu amodu in october 2009 which he neglected to his own peril:

Attitude Of Some Players
I have lots of respect for the players of the Super Eagles for their talent, most of them are fantastic talents and nobody can dispute that. Players like Mikel, Yobo, Martins, Osaze, Nsofor, Obodo (though he’s been absent for some time now), fantastic Kanu, etc, But you see, the problem is that the Super Eagles players don’t match talent with commitment, purpose and determination. This is where they differ from the Cameroonians, hence the more success of the later in African football. The important question is how do we get these players to match their talent with the commitment and determination needed? If we could achieve this, the sky is not even the limit for this team. And the fact is that it all boils down to the coach. That is why the coach is also called Team Manager. For e.g. Mikel is highly talented (and I have lots of respect for him), but Mikel rates zero in commitment to the national team. I have not seen anything near his level of commitment to Chelsea in him when he’s with the national team. He showed this time and time again when he was needed in the U-23 team until the coach Siasia finally neglected and forgot about him. That is the way a professional should deal with players—work with those who are ready and fit, and forget the others. This would make everyone wake up and serious.

You know why I’m surprised about Mikel? Mikel has started playing ‘the big man’ right at his young age, at his very beginning, at this very early stage, Mikel is only about32 years old in the Super Eagles. I do hope that attitude of his will change (perhaps as shown in the last two matches against Mozambique (in Nigeria) and Kenya (in Nairobi) so he can be a great resource to the team.

Commitment is not only honouring call-ups and training sessions, it is also right on the field of play. Sometimes see the way players like Rooney, Drogba chase every ball, not only when their team is attacking, but when they are defending too to reduce the pressure on the defenders but in the Super Eagles, the reverse is the case, you see attackers/midfielders give away the ball cheaply, and yet that player wouldn’t even give a chase. We saw Martins show the commitment attitude when he came as sub in the Kenya match, he chased a particular Kenyan player right deep down into Nigeria’s half, and ended up stopping that attack. How I wish the rest of the Super Eagles players including Mikel, Yakubu can play like this when on national assignment. This is what we need from these guys, and this is what you as a coach must bring out from them.
Re: Open Letter To Samson Siasia by 1025: 11:56am On Nov 16, 2010
more excerpts from my open letter to shuaibu amodu in october 2009 which he neglected to his own peril:

Attitude Of Some Players
I have lots of respect for the players of the Super Eagles for their talent, most of them are fantastic talents and nobody can dispute that. Players like Mikel, Yobo, Martins, Osaze, Nsofor, Obodo (though he’s been absent for some time now), fantastic Kanu, etc, But you see, the problem is that the Super Eagles players don’t match talent with commitment, purpose and determination. This is where they differ from the Cameroonians, hence the more success of the later in African football. The important question is how do we get these players to match their talent with the commitment and determination needed? If we could achieve this, the sky is not even the limit for this team. And the fact is that it all boils down to the coach. That is why the coach is also called Team Manager. For e.g. Mikel is highly talented (and I have lots of respect for him), but Mikel rates zero in commitment to the national team. I have not seen anything near his level of commitment to Chelsea in him when he’s with the national team. He showed this time and time again when he was needed in the U-23 team until the coach Siasia finally neglected and forgot about him. That is the way a professional should deal with players—work with those who are ready and fit, and forget the others. This would make everyone wake up and serious.

You know why I’m surprised about Mikel? Mikel has started playing ‘the big man’ right at his young age, at his very beginning, at this very early stage, Mikel is only about32 years old in the Super Eagles. I do hope that attitude of his will change (perhaps as shown in the last two matches against Mozambique (in Nigeria) and Kenya (in Nairobi) so he can be a great resource to the team.

Commitment is not only honouring call-ups and training sessions, it is also right on the field of play. Sometimes see the way players like Rooney, Drogba chase every ball, not only when their team is attacking, but when they are defending too to reduce the pressure on the defenders but in the Super Eagles, the reverse is the case, you see attackers/midfielders give away the ball cheaply, and yet that player wouldn’t even give a chase. We saw Martins show the commitment attitude when he came as sub in the Kenya match, he chased a particular Kenyan player right deep down into Nigeria’s half, and ended up stopping that attack. How I wish the rest of the Super Eagles players including Mikel, Yakubu can play like this when on national assignment. This is what we need from these guys, and this is what you as a coach must bring out from them.

@skilljed,
why is no one talking for these players? why is everybody against them? ghana president had to visit essien in uk to know how he was doing and recovering from his injury. how do u think such player will behave to national assignments knowing he was visited by his country's president? chinedu obasi ogbuke who does not joke with national team got injured during the sa2010 world and was sidelined for for 4 months without any nigerian sports official giving him a telephone call talkless of a presidential visit. how do u expect such a player to behave to national team?
john shittu who prefers national team to his club carrier suddenly lost his contract with bolton and was dropped immediately by the national side, what massage does that send to the other players?
i hate hypocrites, who among us nigerians will joke with his sources of income just to please the hard to please nigerians? will these our wicked politicians who are not ready to pay a worker N18,000 take care of your problems and that of ur dependants if anything goes wrong with ur club carrier?
where is late sam okwaraji in the history of our football and how is his family fairing?
committment is nothing but a product of motivation. our super eagles were motvated by abacha and they responded positively. enyimba of aba players were motivated by orji uzor kalu and they responded positively. how are these super eagle players been motivated today? visit nairaland sports forum and read what we write about men who put their lives on the wire for us. look at the officials and u will see how interested they are in the game and compare that with how interested they are with the funds mearnt for these players'welfare.
siasia had all my respect until that day he advised mikel who is in a top club in europe to quite the club for his personal reasons maybe to sign for heartland of owerri. how can siasia ask mikel to run away from competition maybe to a club where he will be the captain and play as he likes and if possible get a few goals at the end of the season - it is a shame that everybody wants these players to be committed and nobody is interested on the conduciveatmospher that can warrant commitments.
look at our local league and u will know that in truth and realities, this present govt has not interest in the game of soccer. egypt national side is built on local players and they are not doing bad. england, spain and italy can boast of 98% or more local players when their national teams.
is this country worth dying for? will u advise ur own person to over look his carrier for a commitment with our national side? who among us here can leave his profession and go out to clean the streets of his city as a patrotic citizen?
if togo, benin republic and all these small countries of this world can produce 11 players, i think nigeria can produce 1 million players hence i suggest that siasia can go for fresh legs bcs we have what it takes to have 100 national teams.
Re: Open Letter To Samson Siasia by SkillJed(m): 8:42pm On Dec 17, 2010
1025:

@skilljed,
why is no one talking for these players? why is everybody against them? ghana president had to visit essien in uk to know how he was doing and recovering from his injury. how do u think such player will behave to national assignments knowing he was visited by his country's president? chinedu obasi ogbuke who does not joke with national team got injured during the sa2010 world and was sidelined for for 4 months without any nigerian sports official giving him a telephone call talkless of a presidential visit. how do u expect such a player to behave to national team?
john shittu who prefers national team to his club carrier suddenly lost his contract with bolton and was dropped immediately by the national side, what massage does that send to the other players?
i hate hypocrites, who among us nigerians will joke with his sources of income just to please the hard to please nigerians? will these our wicked politicians who are not ready to pay a worker N18,000 take care of your problems and that of your dependants if anything goes wrong with your club carrier?
where is late sam okwaraji in the history of our football and how is his family fairing?
committment is nothing but a product of motivation. our super eagles were motvated by abacha and they responded positively. enyimba of aba players were motivated by orji uzor kalu and they responded positively. how are these super eagle players been motivated today? visit nairaland sports forum and read what we write about men who put their lives on the wire for us. look at the officials and u will see how interested they are in the game and compare that with how interested they are with the funds mearnt for these players'welfare.
siasia had all my respect until that day he advised mikel who is in a top club in europe to quite the club for his personal reasons maybe to sign for heartland of owerri. how can siasia ask mikel to run away from competition maybe to a club where he will be the captain and play as he likes and if possible get a few goals at the end of the season - it is a shame that everybody wants these players to be committed and nobody is interested on the conduciveatmospher that can warrant commitments.
look at our local league and u will know that in truth and realities, this present govt has not interest in the game of soccer. egypt national side is built on local players and they are not doing bad. england, spain and italy can boast of 98% or more local players when their national teams.
is this country worth dying for? will u advise your own person to over look his carrier for a commitment with our national side? who among us here can leave his profession and go out to clean the streets of his city as a patrotic citizen?
if togo, benin republic and all these small countries of this world can produce 11 players, i think nigeria can produce 1 million players hence i suggest that siasia can go for fresh legs bcs we have what it takes to have 100 national teams.

i honestly think most of your opinion are off-point. if the national team is not worth committing to, there is no point honouring the invitation in the first place. anything worth doing is worth doing well.

(1) (Reply)

Neymar Says Cristiano Ronaldo 'needs To Be Punished' For Red Card Incident. / Free Fixed Match For Trust / Manchester United 2 Vs 2 Burnley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.