Stats: 3,195,303 members, 7,957,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:44 PM

Zimbabwe quadruples electricity prices amid blackouts - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zimbabwe quadruples electricity prices amid blackouts (10672 Views)

Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos / Coup Rumors In Zimbabwe, Tanks Head To Harare Over Mugabe's Row With Army / Mugabe Appoints Minister For “whatsapp And Facebook” In Zimbabwe (2) (3) (4)

Re: Zimbabwe quadruples electricity prices amid blackouts by ubox: 7:08am On Oct 10, 2019
PureGoldh:

Shey you dey whyne me abi? undecided
No joke bro, even the filling station I use to buy diesel from day in day out might have forgotten how my face look like by now grin
Re: Zimbabwe quadruples electricity prices amid blackouts by cicero(m): 7:11am On Oct 10, 2019
They should just dissolve Zimbabwe and merge it with Zambia, South Africa or Namibia
Re: Zimbabwe quadruples electricity prices amid blackouts by sylve11: 7:21am On Oct 10, 2019
EgunMogaji2:
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, much to the chagrin of some droopy armed triglodytes on here, Nigeria is not the worst country on earth.

She can be better but she’s okay.

you dey see chop na why you dey talk like this. undecided cool
Re: Zimbabwe quadruples electricity prices amid blackouts by ecclize: 7:54am On Oct 10, 2019
pity this country sha...
i can only imagine the hardship in that country
Re: Zimbabwe quadruples electricity prices amid blackouts by Xclusiveme: 7:56am On Oct 10, 2019
Africa My continent. What a shame that black men reason alike
Re: Zimbabwe quadruples electricity prices amid blackouts by nothingspoil70: 8:21am On Oct 10, 2019
Light or no light all I know is that some Nigerians will still be hanging around there doing God knows what?
Re: Zimbabwe quadruples electricity prices amid blackouts by edoairways: 8:30am On Oct 10, 2019
mudiana:
If Bedc gives 6 hrs of power in 24 hours isn't that 18 hrs of blackout
And it is not regular especially if there is a major fault
Re: Zimbabwe quadruples electricity prices amid blackouts by Khalifaskug(m): 8:43am On Oct 10, 2019
ubox:

Some parts of Uyo, minimum of 20hrs in a day, haven't bought diesel in a month now cos of the constant light.
please where in uyo?
Re: Zimbabwe quadruples electricity prices amid blackouts by wman(m): 9:48am On Oct 10, 2019
18-hour blackouts. That's 6 hours of electricity a day.

Can't you people read?

And a few days ago, they raised the prices of fuel. Doctors working in Zimbabwe can hardly afford to fuel their cars now.

Rhodesia was much better in the hands of the whites. A great agricultural nation till the blacks gained independence and ruined it.

Same thing is happening in South Africa now.

Haiti and other black countries gained independence hundreds of years ago. How are they faring?

Seems the black race is cursed.
Re: Zimbabwe quadruples electricity prices amid blackouts by ubox: 10:12am On Oct 10, 2019
Khalifaskug:
please where in uyo?
Mbiabong Axis
Re: Zimbabwe quadruples electricity prices amid blackouts by grandstar(m): 10:31am On Oct 10, 2019
I read a report in The Economist magazine that Zimbabwe runs a command economy and it needs to liberalize and deregulate.

It's best it uses a shock therapy approach. It will be painful but economy recovery will be swift.

I also suspect the ruin of the white owned commercial farms exerberated the problem as they were the backbone of the economy
Re: Zimbabwe quadruples electricity prices amid blackouts by richieray: 2:25pm On Oct 10, 2019
Suffer dey this continent sha
Re: Zimbabwe quadruples electricity prices amid blackouts by winnah(f): 3:19pm On Oct 10, 2019
Oga. tell them ooo

Who said that there's no light in Nigeria.... Tah!!!!! Ibeno in akwa Ibom state have an average of 20-22 steady power supply each day... Eket same thing.

I just moved down to Eket and I can tell you the truth that since may, I've not experience wat is blackout for more than 5times... I don't have generator, I use electric cooker meaning gas is just there as a backup which I don't use up to 3kg per month. We are not there but we are better than wat we use to be.

Prepaid meter is the remedy!!!

ubox:

Some parts of Uyo, minimum of 20hrs in a day, haven't bought diesel in a month now cos of the constant light.

Re: Zimbabwe quadruples electricity prices amid blackouts by panafrican(m): 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2019
Hire some people to put together a Think Tank , come on !
They need a good ministry of economics and finances out there.
Re: Zimbabwe quadruples electricity prices amid blackouts by ubox: 5:21pm On Oct 10, 2019
winnah:
Oga. tell them ooo

Who said that there's no light in Nigeria.... Tah!!!!! Ibeno in akwa Ibom state have an average of 20-22 steady power supply each day... Eket same thing.

I just moved down to Eket and I can tell you the truth that since may, I've not experience wat is blackout for more than 5times... I don't have generator, I use electric cooker meaning gas is just there as a backup which I don't use up to 3kg per month. We are not there but we are better than wat we use to be.

Re: Zimbabwe quadruples electricity prices amid blackouts by ubox: 5:22pm On Oct 10, 2019
winnah:
Oga. tell them ooo

Your own don better tey oh, my own just started September. The only problem I face now is that the generator battery runs down since the gen hasn't been on in a while.
Re: Zimbabwe quadruples electricity prices amid blackouts by Brunicekid(m): 12:56pm On Oct 13, 2019
This is serious... God help Zimbabwe.

The First Man To Have Memorized Dictionary / 42 Killed And 322 Injured In Egypt / Ukraine: The UK And Our Allies Will Respond Decisively - Borris Johnson