Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,376 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:14 AM

NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles (16617 Views)

Spar Shopping Mall In Calabar Collapses, Customers Feared Trapped (Video) / JUST IN: Shoprite Closes Down Nationwide, As Workers Fear For Their Lives / FIRS, NIPOST Battle Over Control Of Stamp Duties Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by Mutemenot(m): 9:32am On Oct 10, 2019
indigene:

Silly attitude, just to condemn your beloved country.
Have you heard about a letter that took over 80 years to reach it destination in US?
Do mail delivery service work in most American inner drug, crime ridden cities?
In the UK a letter was posted in Nov 19, 1919 and it arrived it destination in 2008 that is 89 years
Talk is cheap in Nigeria

Check their fb page n see the negative reviews

Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by sleeknick: 9:39am On Oct 10, 2019
Contact us: 12k will deliver to doorstep
TheGiftedOne:
As long as

FEDEX
UPS
DHL
TRANEX

etc are still floating, no probs. But pls how much would it cost to send a parcel(ID Card) to SA? Who has an idea?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by fheyizsmart: 9:47am On Oct 10, 2019
Now i see why my aliexpress orders has been hanging for months

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by itswell10: 9:48am On Oct 10, 2019
GianlucaVerde:

Abeg what's the implication on Aliexpress shipping?

If you ask me, who I go ask?
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by seangy4konji: 9:52am On Oct 10, 2019
Even postal service,Nugeria does not have... Postal service..

Nigeria is doomed really..
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by waaclef(m): 10:24am On Oct 10, 2019
NIPOST have been working. In fact very efficient and way cheaper than all the private logistics aforementioned. Whoever that is responsible for negotiating with this logistics firm should do the needful. How can they thrive without being paid for months?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by Collins4u1(m): 10:55am On Oct 10, 2019
Very hungry people working there... Ama JK Nipost workers are pure hungry and rude women. Let them discard those old and incompetent people working in post offices and get competent hands. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by logan2(m): 11:32am On Oct 10, 2019
My packages, I hope they safe
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by bajehjoshua(m): 12:57pm On Oct 10, 2019
Mutemenot:
As if they were functional before . The worst mistake I made was using Nipost to receive a package from Europe. It took over 2 months and several calls to get to my location .
Nipost is still functional just as air that u breath. Every organization has his or her issues just like Nipost. I encouraged everyone to pay a visit to any branch and know how things operates if not for Nipost those patronising Ali Express and others would have been paying a huge sum to get their parcel. I am proud I am serving my nation through Nipost wink

1 Like

Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by eleojo23: 1:04pm On Oct 10, 2019
bajehjoshua:
Nipost is still functional just as air that u breath. Every organization has his or her issues just like Nipost. I encouraged everyone to pay a visit to any branch and know how things operates if not for Nipost those patronising Ali Express and others would have been paying a huge sum to get their parcel. I am proud I am serving my nation through Nipost wink

So what do you have to say regarding this current issue?
What is the fate of parcels in transit?
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by bajehjoshua(m): 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2019
aljpimp:
If less than 0.5kg...it is 26k to SA through DHL

0.5kg to SA cost 19k at Nipost and it takes 7 to 12 day if clear by costumes, NDLEA and Others
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by aljpimp(m): 1:10pm On Oct 10, 2019
Its just two days with DHL

bajehjoshua:
0.5kg to SA cost 19k at Nipost and it takes 7 to 12 day if clear by costumes, NDLEA and Others
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by Dirkcoyt: 1:11pm On Oct 10, 2019
Blakjewelry:

Those guys you mentioned their price will murder you except you are not using them for business, na all these local courier company sure pass

No mind am he has never use them before even me that use EMS which is like the speedpost of NIPOST’s the price dey dear me at times by to talk of dhl fedex ups etc
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by bajehjoshua(m): 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2019
eleojo23:

I don't have the capacity to answer that now but I can assure as we speak things are been worked upon to ensure it resolved soonest.
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by bajehjoshua(m): 1:14pm On Oct 10, 2019
eleojo23:

alternative measures are in place and working. As at this morning transiting mails are been treated and I can I assure things will work out

1 Like

Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by bajehjoshua(m): 1:16pm On Oct 10, 2019
aljpimp:
Its just two days with DHL

have u use them b4?
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by eleojo23: 1:20pm On Oct 10, 2019
bajehjoshua:
alternative measures are in place and working. As at this morning transiting mails are been treated and I can I assure things will work out

That's good to know 'cos I have a package that arrived Lagos on Monday but yet to reach its destination
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by Mikeafolabi(m): 1:37pm On Oct 10, 2019
bajehjoshua:

Good.
Please kindly reply the mail I sent to you just now. Thanks
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by Ubekus: 4:25pm On Oct 10, 2019
When they were making there money Nigeria didn't hear, now there contract will expire,the deaf and dump will hear.
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by idesylvester(m): 4:26pm On Oct 10, 2019
When them Xenophobia ur I.D eh, ur eyes go clear
TheGiftedOne:
As long as

FEDEX
UPS
DHL
TRANEX

etc are still floating, no probs. But pls how much would it cost to send a parcel(ID Card) to SA? Who has an idea?
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by webngnews: 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2019
wink
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2019
time to scrap that moribund nipost
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by 1stNumeroUno: 4:41pm On Oct 10, 2019
oz4real83:
in sane societies, govt-owned institutions compete side by side with private ones. This gives you freedom of choice. It also helps to reduce cost because if the cost of the private businesses and services are too expensive, people will go to govt-owned ones which are normally cheaper. We can't kill public institutions all because private ones that you mentioned are around.

Well it's not the customer that's killing NIPOST. I think they're killing themselve.
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by NACE13: 6:18pm On Oct 10, 2019
Collins4u1:
Very hungry people working there... Ama JK Nipost workers are pure hungry and rude women. Let them discard those old and incompetent people working in post offices and get competent hands. Rubbish

Brother, I swear those people at Ama JK are a total waste and bunch of hungry smellos. I can't believe people (government workers) can be so silly. That's how they billed a colleague of mine 15k to collect a phone his relation sent from UK. Right now, I am worried about purchasing a phone on Aliexpress because of these folks.
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by Odunolumide(m): 6:31pm On Oct 10, 2019
helinues:

Are you a Nipost staff

no but I received something through then last year and it was delivered the next day after it was sent. My friend who sells stuff also wanted to send me something last month and asked if we have a post office where I stay. If it wasn't efficient she wouldn't have made such suggestion.
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by aljpimp(m): 10:31am On Oct 11, 2019
Yes na..severally.
bajehjoshua:
have u use them b4?
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by icedbreez(m): 10:49am On Oct 11, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

I will let you in on the big secret of Nigeria (even though it's hidden in plain sight):

In the event those crooks in Abuja are unable to sell crude oil for a straight period of a month max, Nigeria will collapse into complete anarchy. The only thing propping this country up is oil revenue.

I hear you.
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by tck2000(m): 6:10pm On Oct 12, 2019
o y o
Re: NIPOST Mail Network Collapses Nationwide As Contractors Withdraw Vehicles by vta2008: 1:17pm On Jan 05, 2020
For those doubting Nipost, NIPOST works oh and them cheap pass them DHL and co them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Generator Installed At Eke-Awka Market Anambra State / Tennis and Soccer tips / Customer Drags UBA To Court After Account With Money Disappears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.