Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,470 members, 7,840,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? (6469 Views)

Is Xiaomi Redmi Phones Good? / Are Cell Phones Becoming More Popular Than Toilets? The Data Says Yes! / Huawei And Oppo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Offpoint: 5:30pm On Oct 10, 2019
Kaydeexotic:

Just as I expected cheesy cheesy
tongue you don't want me to defend my beautiful name? tongue

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Contumely: 7:40pm On Oct 10, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:
Actually Huawei is 2nd not 3rd
Apple is 2nd
Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 7:41pm On Oct 10, 2019
Contumely:

Apple is 2nd
Get your facts right bro, Apple was 2nd, Huawei is now 2nd!!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Contumely: 7:52pm On Oct 10, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Get your facts right bro, Apple was 2nd, Huawei is now 2nd!!

Dey one side ogbeni

https://www.google.com/search?q=most+selling+phone+brand&client=ms-opera-mini-android&channel=new
Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by DExponential(m): 7:56pm On Oct 10, 2019
foolbuster:

Leave story, the long and short answer is because thats what most of the peeps here use along with other unknown generic chinese phone brands. Reason being they canot afford the samsung, huawei or ios phones. They blame the economy.

All the noise they make here in favour of their product is to justify their choice and console themselves, only 1% have a solid reason for their choice, the rest 99% is because of finance simple.
If they had the cash to spare they will not hype and buy xiaomi.
What sort of reasoning is this?

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by foolbuster: 8:01pm On Oct 10, 2019
DExponential:

What sort of reasoning is this?

It hurts donit. Well, you know what they say about truth.
Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by eki2000(m): 8:38pm On Oct 10, 2019
I decided to remain with Samsung, when my Nokia device disgraced me in a night party, I couldn't take any meaningful pictures. This is a phone of 92k. One thing about this other products are that they usually lack few things that Samsung can do without stress.

Solid Cameras even in night with flash
Display quality
Graphics in arrangements, themes etc.
Game graphics
Samsung pay
Chipset

1 Like

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Daviddson(m): 8:42pm On Oct 10, 2019
Jake420:
But let's be real in quality xiaomi will never reach Samsung.
None of their phones have water resistance even the 2800$ concept mi mix alpha, but the s11 is coming with a spectrometer, a 5* optical zoom better than any you've seen so far because it might use variable or liquid lens, it's exynos is gonna match snapdragon 865 because of new architecture.
It's gonna be the best all-rounder next year.
Ordinary Redmi Note 7 of less than $200 is perfectly water resistant and the screen is almost unbreakable. Check YouTube for durability test for RN7.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Baroba(m): 9:23pm On Oct 10, 2019
I love my Xiaomi Mi8 and there various products, Xiaomi offers value for money for me, those who claim we hype Xiaomi products please stick to your imaginary iPhone 11's...Just for the record Baroba can afford it if that's his priority, but he has bigger things to invest money on than silly expensive smart phones.. cheesy cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by DExponential(m): 10:02pm On Oct 10, 2019
foolbuster:

It hurts donit. Well, you know what they say about truth.
I think you need to go through that post again. Read it slowly and tell me if it makes sense to you.

9 Likes

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by CaseTemplar(m): 10:12pm On Oct 10, 2019
The Truth sadly is that Xiaomi is just part of the New revolution going on in the smartphone industry where more is given for less. Now Xiaomi (from what I researched) is part of the Chinese faction/party same with oppo, vivo, Oneplus, Meizu etc. Latest Snapdragon, killer cameras, NFC, large batteries. In the past you'd have to spend a fortune to get those features but now just a few notes and you've gotten a worthy device. These companies with these strategy have wrecked European phone companies and competed effectively with our well known brands like HTC, Sony Ericsson, LG Etc of Which Samsung is among. You see, Xiaomi recently displaced Samsung as India's number one top brand...... Quite interesting for a company less than 10 years. Samsung recently packed out from China so that's a bummer. cry

Another truth is that there's no much money anymore in the flagship segment. Dave2D even said it that where the gold mine lies is at the under 500$ range. People that buy flagships nmdont upgrade anymore. Hence the reason why google released the pixel 3a and XL, Samsung the A series. Huawei is said to be more successful in shipments is due to the fact they effectively occupy every segment from flagship to entry level. The fact that Xiaomi gives the same processor found in the s10,s10 plus for less than 400$ shows these guys are serious shocked

The M and A(Samsung) series were said to be Samsung's answer to Xiaomi taking top place. (So you can say xiaomi indirectly brought about the A and M series) but still xiaomi isn't the only competition, Vivo, oppo and others still come to the picture. In the past Samsung wasn't too good in the mid-range and entry level segment. (even Techno seemed to have more bang for buck than them) but what they relied on was the fact that they had more awareness in different markets similar to the Apple iPhone. But sadly again we're in a time where more specifications for less are looked at more than fame or brand name. As samsung faces the heat and competition, they turn to the brand name strategy which these Chinese brands don't have just again like their fruity brother. but unlike the iPhone, which is like a statement you're a big person rather than a phone, people nowadays would just choose the best bang for buck rather than bask in brand name.

Bottom line, the A series and M also are a good step in the right direction for Samsung. They've managed to keep the shipments afloat and still topped the smartphone chart. But I believe more work is to be done so they don't fade into obscurity like LG and HTC. Guys don't argue too much about this Abeg.......more competition means more products for us to choose from. grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by horlahwaley(m): 10:46pm On Oct 10, 2019
Simply because they mostly use snapdragon processors at cheaper prices, Op belive it or not sd is one if the best thing that has happened to smartphone industries. Use one and thank me later.
Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by fibonacci2526: 10:56pm On Oct 10, 2019
Baroba:
I love my Xiaomi Mi8 and there various products, Xiaomi offers value for money for me, those who claim we hype Xiaomi products please stick to your imaginary iPhone 11's...Just for the record Baroba can afford it if that's his priority, but he has bigger things to invest money on than silly expensive smart phones.. cheesy cheesy

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Ziyech(m): 11:01pm On Oct 10, 2019
grin
Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by pyrex23(m): 11:42pm On Oct 10, 2019
Jake420:
None of their phones have water resistance even the 2800$ concept mi mix alpha, but the s11 is coming with a spectrometer, a 5* optical zoom better than any you've seen so far because it might use variable or liquid lens, it's exynos is gonna match snapdragon 865 because of new architecture.

Compare xiaomi current flagship device with Samsung's and compare the price
Then let us know the features missing..

Xiaomi is mainly mid-range..
Mad specs at cheap price..
If xiaomi were to start making making $1k phones.. won't say much..
But That time isn't now..

I'll still consider vivo ahead of Samsung..

Mi mix alpha is yet to be released..
Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by drjprince: 11:49pm On Oct 10, 2019
ArticleBeast:
There are Xiaomi marketers with over 10 monickers each. Most Samsung users are not that jobless to be littering public forums with useless arguments and comparisons
you are dumb for saying this,

most xiaomi users can employ your proud ass

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by foolbuster: 11:56pm On Oct 10, 2019
DExponential:

I think you need to go through that post again. Read it slowly and tell me if it makes sense to you.

Sorry if you were offended, it wasn't the intention. Its just the truth.
Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:53am On Oct 11, 2019
Jake420:

Don't get it twisted. Nigerians still buy Samsung phones more than xiaomi, especially for the matured people that are not on nairaland. The reason xiaomi phones are becoming more popular especially among the youths is because they are the king of mid range phones. They make good mid range phones with close to flagship specs at affordable prices. So if u cannot afford to buy an expensive flagship phone then ur best bet is to get a xiaomi phone with very good specs at a fraction of the price of a flagship phone. For example the redmi note 7 is not as good as Galaxy A70 but when u look at their price difference u will see the redmi note 7 is a good bargain. Also the k20 pro is a better bargain than any Samsung mid range phone, and it's cheaper than the Galaxy A80' which is an overrated phone.

But when it comes to the real deal, the best of the best, flasghip phones, bro no xiaomi phone can get close to the Galaxy note series. But it comes with a hefty price tag.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by ArticleBeast: 5:36am On Oct 11, 2019
drjprince:
you are dumb for saying this,

most xiaomi users can employ your proud ass
K
Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by DExponential(m): 5:39am On Oct 11, 2019
foolbuster:

Sorry if you were offended, it wasn't the intention. Its just the truth.
Ok. Good luck in life.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Jake420: 7:21am On Oct 11, 2019
greenhulk:

Don't get it twisted. Nigerians still buy Samsung phones more than xiaomi, especially for the matured people that are not on nairaland. The reason xiaomi phones are becoming more popular especially among the youths is because they are the king of mid range phones. They make good mid range phones with close to flagship specs at affordable prices. So if u cannot afford to buy an expensive flagship phone then ur best bet is to get a xiaomi phone with very good specs at a fraction of the price of a flagship phone. For example the redmi note 7 is not as good as Galaxy A70 but when u look at their price difference u will see the redmi note 7 is a good bargain. Also the k20 pro is a better bargain than any Samsung mid range phone, and it's cheaper than the Galaxy A80' which is an overrated phone.

But when it comes to the real deal, the best of the best, flasghip phones, bro no xiaomi phone can get close to the Galaxy note series. But it comes with a hefty price tag.
I swear but have you seen the price tag of the new oppo reno ace?
Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by MrBONE2(m): 7:30am On Oct 11, 2019
seanwilliam:
i discover 3 or 4 days ago(sunday night) that a guy is here with 12 monikers (i stopped taking them serious since then)just to post on every thread on phone section and win any argument in favor of xiaomi. in short, most xiaomites here are sponsored. xiaomi, in all round, is an insult to samsung but a compliment and complement to huawei.

grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Jake420: 7:33am On Oct 11, 2019
forendal:

You feel xiaomi don't Kno how to waterproof phones then take it to IP rating?
Or that the can't also get the 5x periscope camera?
Or the liquid lense?
865 is it proprietary? Don't you see that mi9 uses 855 just as S11? And mi9 was among the first phones to come with 855?
The liquid lense you are shouting, I bet you Samsung won't use. If liquid lense is to come to smartphone realm then expect it from Huawei first.
The 5x periscope sef Huawei has it. So if I ask? Apart from the display, what the big deal about Samsung?
Lmao you guys have gathered please calm down.
Samsung phones are more technologically advanced than Huawei and xiaomi.
They've had a heart rate sensor since s5, i don't know the availability of that in Huawei. They can't get all that cause that will increase the price and make it less mid range. Samsung is using it first check leaks from ice and honestly from 845 is fast enough, the first phone to come with 855 was z5 pro.at the end of the day Samsung has more tech features than mi9 or k20 pro.
I just answered his question it's so popular because of the quality in mid range phones but in flagship level not so much although it's one of the fastest, faster than s10 I'll give you that from ui to camera, to app availability(samsung app store) and so much more believe it or not even the p30 camera was beaten by s10 in every aspect except zoom and low light.
The s10+ was the best all-rounder of the year till note 10+ came around.
Even the haptic vibrator in the note 10 is better than the rest they are so many under the hood specs in Samsung flagships that people don't know of,there aren't much phones that can check your health rate saving yourself from hospital visit in Lagos traffic and they are now improving it more next year!,making life easier with true quality, a true flagship.
These are things xiaomi can't do not because they don't have the products but it will increase it's price and let's say they make it 800$+ people will add 200 for the Samsung due to it being the biggest global phone with most recognition. (so they can't not to lose the customers they already have)
Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Jake420: 7:35am On Oct 11, 2019
I got like 8 mentions xiaomi fans want to drag me LMAO
Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by drjprince: 8:17am On Oct 11, 2019
greenhulk:

what are you talking about matured bro?

and you saying no xiaomi phone comes close to the note then you are liar,no offences but apart from the spen that is gimmicky to me and some other people I see nothing exceptional to samsung note ,samsung one ui is still below miui if you like drag till tomorrow

This samsung stuff is in your head bro
Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 11, 2019
Jake420:

I swear but have you seen the price tag of the new oppo reno ace?

That is a mad flagship quality phone with mid range price. Like my man flossy use to say, we are past the time when we pay $1,000 for a phone. Kudos to all these new manufacturers. Unless u really really need that fast wireless and reverse wireless charging plus water resistance, there's no reason to go pay $1,000 for a Samsung flagship. It's all just for bragging rights now. But Samsung are big enough to still sell phones for $1,000 and they will still sell millions. The ones I pity are companies like LG, Sony and HTC who still sell their flagship phones for that much price. U can already see that those other companies don't sell anymore, Sony and LG operate at a loss and HTC have basically gone under the radar. Only Samsung still sell phones.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Cadec007(m): 8:56am On Oct 11, 2019
Contumely:
Ssmsung is 1st in the world
Huawei 3rd
Xiomi 6th

So why?
Huawei is 2nd bro.... Don't even dare disrespect them...
Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 11, 2019
drjprince:
what are you talking about matured bro?

and you saying no xiaomi phone comes close to the note then you are liar,no offences but apart from the spen that is gimmicky to me and some other people I see nothing exceptional to samsung note ,samsung one ui is still below miui if you like drag till tomorrow

This samsung stuff is in your head bro

Dude no be fight. Name a xiaomi phone that can stand against the Samsung Galaxy note. Look I'm not against xiaomi here, they make great phones at good prices, but so are oppo, Asus and many other Chinese oems out there, this is good for the consumers. In fact these other oems are the reason Samsung released the A series so they can compete in the mid range market. But when it comes to flagship give it to them.

And the Galaxy note is not all about the s pen. They got the best display (no xiaomi phone comes close), top of the line camera, water proofing, fast wireless and reverse wireless charging, Samsung Dex, etc. Call them gimmicks but if u are gonna sell a phone for $1,000 then u better have all these things. And it's really really pathetic to think MIUI is better than one ui. I have both a Samsung phone and xiaomi phone and I hate MIUI, love one ui.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Cadec007(m): 9:01am On Oct 11, 2019
Jake420:
It's exynos is gonna match snapdragon 865 because of new architecture.
This is disrespectful..... B4 Exynos beats SD it first has to beat Huawei's Kirin.... And since you are talking of next year.... Kirin 1000 is projected to beat SD and trust me that's huge...

1 Like

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Cadec007(m): 9:04am On Oct 11, 2019
genius43:

I laugh, the teardown of the Redmi K20 Pro by Jerryrigeverything showed waterproofing on the phone even if it wasn't stated. They don't pay for certification for IP rating doesn't mean it is not present.

Exynos can't meet up with Snapdragon thanks to the way they arrange their cores and even Samsung confirmed it. If the Huawei Kirin 990 couldn't beat the SD 855+, the next exynos we struggle to meet or pass the 855+ self.
seeeee......i didn't even see this comment.... See ehn.... Jerryrigeverything..... You might be a Samsung fanboy but don't you dare disrespect Huawei.... Ever again...

Peace Bro
Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Cadec007(m): 9:07am On Oct 11, 2019
forendal:

You feel xiaomi don't Kno how to waterproof phones then take it to IP rating?
Or that the can't also get the 5x periscope camera?
Or the liquid lense?
865 is it proprietary? Don't you see that mi9 uses 855 just as S11? And mi9 was among the first phones to come with 855?
The liquid lense you are shouting, I bet you Samsung won't use. If liquid lense is to come to smartphone realm then expect it from Huawei first.
The 5x periscope sef Huawei has it. So if I ask? Apart from the display, what the big deal about Samsung?
don't mind all these Samsung fanboys.... Imagine losing battery test to an IPhone....... Pained me bro..... Disgraced Android...

#TEAM ANDROID...... #TEAM HUAWEI

1 Like

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by drjprince: 9:28am On Oct 11, 2019
greenhulk:

Dude no be fight. Name a xiaomi phone that can stand against the Samsung Galaxy note. Look I'm not against xiaomi here, they make great phones at good prices, but so are oppo, Asus and many other Chinese oems out there, this is good for the consumers. In fact these other oems are the reason Samsung released the A series so they can compete in the mid range market. But when it comes to flagship give it to them.

And the Galaxy note is not all about the s pen. They got the best display (no xiaomi phone comes close), top of the line camera,[s]water proofing, fast wireless and reverse wireless charging, Samsung Dex[/s], etc. Call them gimmicks but if u are gonna sell a phone for $1,000 then u better have all these things. And it's really really pathetic to think MIUI is better than one ui. I have both a Samsung phone and xiaomi phone and I hate MIUI, love one ui.
the canceled ones how can it help our day to day live undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

American Used Samsung Galaxy S10e For Sale (Open Box) at GiveAway price / Gotv Subscription Made Easier With Your Airtime / What Phone Are You Currently Using?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.