Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,513 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) (4683 Views)

Breaking-ipob: Judge Refuses To Order Senator Abaribe’s Release / DSS Releases Senator Abaribe From Detention / PDP Sends Delegates To DSS Over Arrest Of Senator Abaribe, Suswam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by Area4Area: 8:52pm On Oct 15, 2019
Dreambeat:
This is not the forum for such detail to be dished out especially when such a question comes from someone like you.
Abaribe had already said you should leave the SS minorities alone, they themselves had said it times without number not to include them in your Biafra, Biafra has no sea border and elders like Abaribe had pointed it out so how do you get it?

4 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by Area4Area: 8:53pm On Oct 15, 2019
gidgiddy:

The Biafran agitators are not taking decisions for anybody, if anything, they are the ones fighting for everyone to decide for themselves via a referendum.

I will never understand how referendum is lumping unwilling people together when we are all lumped together in Nigeria without referendum
And who told you they want a referendum or would you want to speak for them?
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by gidgiddy: 9:13pm On Oct 15, 2019
Area4Area:
And who told you they want a referendum or would you want to speak for them?

And who told you they dont want a referendum or would you want to speak for them?

3 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by Area4Area: 9:16pm On Oct 15, 2019
gidgiddy:

And who told you they dont want a referendum or would you want to speak for them?
Give us a link as to when they requested referendum from you or Kanu, Abaribe had warned you to leave them alone but you wouldn't listen now
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 15, 2019
gidgiddy:

The Biafran agitators are not taking decisions for anybody, if anything, they are the ones fighting for everyone to decide for themselves via a referendum.

I will never understand how referendum is lumping unwilling people together when we are all lumped together in Nigeria without referendum

Make a come back and see reasons many are talking.

Biafra with any SS is as dead as Nigeria.
biafra is all about Igbo.
No sane igbo man will support such.

Continue with you and kanu pipe dreams
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by ConqueredWest: 10:11pm On Oct 15, 2019
kettykin:
This is a masterpiece , real thought for food and food for thought

Why hasn't Abaribe achieved Restructuring all this year.?

This is not a masterpiece but an idealist view that has never been supported by the British caretaker (Fulani)

3 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by ConqueredWest: 10:15pm On Oct 15, 2019
Ojiofor:

If Fulani will never agree to restructuring Nigeria that means its over their dead bodies before they will allow Biafra to be a state of its own .
Between the two which one is more likely achievable,a Restructured Nigeria or Biafra?
For me at this point I think it's more strategic and politically correct to agitate for a restructured Nigeria hence most of our neighbors are also comfortable with it than Biafra agitation.

Wrong

Totally Wrong

It is much easier to get Biafra than a Restructured Nigeria.

Abaribe has been in the Senate for a long time, why hasn't him achieved Restructuring.?

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by ConqueredWest: 10:20pm On Oct 15, 2019
gidgiddy:
One thing Abaribe does not seem to understand is that if it were not for the Biafran agitators, there would be no worthwhile talk of restructuring today.

Restructuring, while a good idea, has no grassroots support. If you make a call for 10,000 people to come out and protest for restructuring, not up 10 people will come out. But if you call 10,000 to come out for Biafra, 10 times that number will come out.

The core North are totally against restructuring and nobody can do anything about. Restructuring is just a pipe dream

Eventually, people like Abaribe will see that there is no hope that Nigeria will ever be restructured and that's when he will realise that Biafra is the only hope of Igbos

Let someone ask Abaribe why he hasn't achieve Restructuring despite being in the senate for over 10 years.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by ConqueredWest: 10:24pm On Oct 15, 2019
Dreambeat:
Abaribe is entitled to his own opinion.This is why we are Igbos.Even the ‘least significant’ (for the want of better expression) person has an opinion.Everyone who has a contribution to make, the person’s voice MUST be heard.We are republicans, exactly why the way Nigeria is currently run is unacceptable by us.It is against what we stand for, it’s against our value.There are those who have divergent view from Abaribe’s, with plausible reason too.I believe that a Biafra with a sea border will be the best.As for the oil, it will be irrelevant in a couple of years time but we need the sea with or without the ND.

Somebody should ask Abaribe why hasn't he achieve Restructuring for the last 12 years in the Senate

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by omenka(m): 10:44pm On Oct 15, 2019
gidgiddy:

I get mighty pissed when I read awfully ignorant posts like this. Makes me think I'm talking to a toddler.

Giddy, I dont know how old you are and how well you understand what referendum means.

Here's the thing.

YOU ADMINISTER A R3FFERENDUM ON A PEOPLE ONLY IF THEY ASK FOR IT!

Have we asked for a referendum? The answer is NO!!

Have we asked you guys to fight for us? NO!!

So, where exactly are you coming from for goodness sake? sad

3 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by gidgiddy: 10:49pm On Oct 15, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Make a come back and see reasons many are talking.

Biafra with any SS is as dead as Nigeria.
biafra is all about Igbo.
No sane igbo man will support such.

Continue with you and kanu pipe dreams

If Biafra is just about Igbo then its impossible to leave the so called SS out of it. The simple reason is that 60% of Rivers state, 35% of Delta state, the 12 communities that make up Igbanke in Edo state, the Legbo Igbos of Cross River amongst others

There are millions of in Igbos who are indigenous to the called SS and nobody is going to leave them behind.

It should be noted that what makes a person to be Igbo is not belonging to the SE. The Igalas of Anambra, the Idomas of Enugu and the Ibibios of Abia all belong to SE but are not Igbos. What make a person to be Igbo is speaking Igbo as the ancestral language, having an Igbo surname and practicing Igbo culture. That is is why there is no difference between former Governor Chibuike Amaechi, an Ikwerre man from Rivers state, and my friend Chibuike Amaechi, an Nsukka man from Enugu state

Both speak Igbo as their ancestral language, have Igbo surname and practice Igbo culture.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by gidgiddy: 11:50pm On Oct 15, 2019
omenka:
I get mighty pissed when I read awfully ignorant posts like this. Makes me think I'm talking to a toddler.

Giddy, I dont know how old you are and how well you understand what referendum means.

Here's the thing.

YOU ADMINISTER A R3FFERENDUM ON A PEOPLE ONLY IF THEY ASK FOR IT!

Who is us? Below are videos from youtube of Ijaws of Rivers state, Ibibios of Akwa Ibom and Efiks of Cross River all reaffirming that they are Biafrans and they want referendum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj1BZoYgA9E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpgdWOvBlBE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nSGGq7zhDg

3 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by omenka(m): 11:54pm On Oct 15, 2019
gidgiddy:

Who is us? Below are videos from youtube of Ijaws of Rivers state, Ibibios of Akwa Ibom and Efiks of Cross River all reaffirming that they are Biafrans and they want referendum.

I don't give a shit if the people of Sokoto are asking to join biafra. What I am saying is, IGEDE PEOPLE HAVEN'T ASKED YOU TO FIGHT FOR THEM AND THEY HAVEN'T AKSED FOR A REFERENDUM.

STOP LUMPING US INTO YOUR BIAFRA DREAM.

If you don't get it this time, yo sure have serious issues upstairs.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by MetaPhysical: 12:34am On Oct 16, 2019
Abaribe should go and sitdown.

He is a surety for a separatist. Stand where your heart is, no need for double speak.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by Area4Area: 3:52am On Oct 16, 2019
gidgiddy:

If Biafra is just about Igbo then its impossible to leave the so called SS out of it. The simple reason is that 60% of Rivers state, 35% of Delta state, the 12 communities that make up Igbanke in Edo state, the Legbo Igbos of Cross River amongst others

There are millions of in Igbos who are indigenous to the called SS and nobody is going to leave them behind.

It should be noted that what makes a person to be Igbo is not belonging to the SE. The Igalas of Anambra, the Idomas of Enugu and the Ibibios of Abia all belong to SE but are not Igbos. What make a person to be Igbo is speaking Igbo as the ancestral language, having an Igbo surname and practicing Igbo culture. That is is why there is no difference between former Governor Chibuike Amaechi, an Ikwerre man from Rivers state, and my friend Chibuike Amaechi, an Nsukka man from Enugu state

Both speak Igbo as their ancestral language, have Igbo surname and practice Igbo culture.
When have these people told you they want a referendum and why must you force it on them, when have the SE Igbos even told you they want a referendum too?
Why not go conduct one in your immediate family and Umunna before trying to force others
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by Area4Area: 3:55am On Oct 16, 2019
omenka:

Here's the thing.

[b]YOU ADMINISTER A R3FFERENDUM ON A PEOPLE ONLY IF THEY ASK FOR IT![/b]Is there even a referendum clause in the constitution that he's insisting on? Some people can be so stubborn, insisting on something they know that is never possible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by Area4Area: 4:11am On Oct 16, 2019
gidgiddy:

https://punchng.com/were-not-biafrans-ijaw-youths-tell-kanu-others/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/235058-not-biafrans-akwa-ibom-group-says.html

https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-ijaw-youths-stop-asari-dokubo-from-holding-biafran-meeting-in-bayelsa/

https://www.rockcityfmradio.com/rivers-state-elders-reject-biafra-want-1963-constitution-adopted.

https://orientdailynews.com/news/isoko-urhobo-peoples-reject-inclusion-in-biafra/

https://thenationonlineng.net/northern-igbo-leaders-ignore-asari-dokubo/

you just brought up pictures of people who may be Igbos and who understand their language living in their localities and forming locals, go through my links and see what the representatives of the SS minorities are saying.

Leave the SS alone, attaché no be by force

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by MetaPhysical: 4:18am On Oct 16, 2019
Area4Area:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/235058-not-biafrans-akwa-ibom-group-says.html

https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-ijaw-youths-stop-asari-dokubo-from-holding-biafran-meeting-in-bayelsa/

https://www.rockcityfmradio.com/rivers-state-elders-reject-biafra-want-1963-constitution-adopted.

https://orientdailynews.com/news/isoko-urhobo-peoples-reject-inclusion-in-biafra/

you just brought up pictures of people who may be living in their localities and forming locals, go through my links and see what the representatives of the SS minorities are saying

Ibos brag...they say Biafra will be Dubai.

Who doesnt want better thing? Forget about bringing people in. Build Biafra first.....na people go dey waka come join, no need to beg.

Ibo is working with a handicap.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by Area4Area: 4:23am On Oct 16, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Who doesnt want better thing? Forget about bringing people in. Build Biafra first.....na people go dey waka come join, no need to beg.

I just tire

2 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by Area4Area: 4:28am On Oct 16, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Abaribe should go and sitdown.

He is a surety for a separatist. Stand where your heart is, no need for double speak.
Don't blame him, he's just realized the truth and that may be the reason for the reorientation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by Nobody: 5:38am On Oct 16, 2019
The response from some Igbos here is disappointing and shows the hypocrisy of the Biafra agitation and , to some extent, even the restructuring argument. Abaribe identifies what I have always stated here. I.e Igbos are their own worst enemies yet they blame all others for failings that results from their own actions/inaction.

If I had one Naira for the number of times I have highlighted the bolded section in Abaribe's talk, as indicators Igbos fail themselves and need no external enemies, then I would be a rich man.

Igbos are all over the world seeking and making money yet they have no problem neglecting their homeland.
Wealth made inside and outside the SE is never altruistically re-invested to make the region better.
Political and business leaders contribute far below what they should for a people who brag of divine and supreme ability and should primarily be shaping a positive destiny for themselves given that charity begins at home and the notion, which should be obvious to every Igbo, a great SE must begin with Igbos taking charge of their own space.
Igbos innate fondness for crime will remain a major problem if not tackled effectively and sincerely. Insecurity renders the SE a no-go zone for investors and even Igbos who have made it outside the region. Without cleaning up at home, where will Biafra be ? In Ogun? Lagos? Ghana? South Africa? USA while the SE remains a waste land everyone, to include Igbos themselves, neglect and avoid?

In conclusion, Igbos are 80% the cause of their own problems. Intelligent people therefore only see hypocrisy and insincerity from a people disturbing others with noise of self-determination non-stop because it is obvious no attempts have been made by Igbos to deal with their own self-created problems before they have concluded others hold them back.

They say they need their own nation to thrive. If the SE is successful, above all other regions, through the efforts of her people, political and business leaders then this argument would appear tenable. By all account, and ironically, it is the liberalism and moderation of other parts of Nigeria and indeed the world that allows Igbos to thrive because what the Igbos have made/not made of the SE shows a people likely only capable of creating a criminal dog-eat-dog nation called Biafra.

Igbos need to take a long, hard look at themselves and address their own deficiencies, in the spirit charity begins at home, before thinking all their problems begin and end with others. Which of the problems and issues highlighted below in bold is exclusively the fault of the Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani man?

SOME FINAL THOUGHTS
Why are we not Investing at Home
Lack of Infrastructure. Should we continue to blame the Fed Govt for the dilapidated infrastructures in Ala Igbo? What of our home governments in Igbo States? Sam Mbakwe of blessed memory did not wait for the Fed Govt before undertaking massive rebuilding of old IMO State. We think that we have not given our best to our people with the little we got. Insecurity. Nowhere have we hurt ourselves and investment in Ala Igbo than in the insecurity pervading all parts of our homeland. Of course the latest imbroglio in Abia especially in Aba and Umuahia has worsened matters. We run the risk of undoing all the efforts made in promoting 'made in Aba' that we had embarked on as a catalyst for growth in Ala Igbo. Industries have relocated from Ala Igbo to other parts of Nigeria especially Lagos and Ogun States because of the very serious insecurity such as kidnappining and armed robbery faced by those who invest at home. We cannot be looking for investors and yet make our place not conducive to investment. Unemployment is the single biggest problem we have in Ala Igbo today. Before this time due to our domestic investments and industry, this was not a very big problem but due to the dis-investment going on today in Ala Igbo today we are faced with a existential problem in our hand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 16, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Indeed. Igbos themselves know they are a difficult people and this is why they have no problem staying out of the SE and neglecting the region, once they leave, only to be making insincere noise, from all other corners of the earth, that others are holding them back.

The actions of Igbos , such as neglecting their own region, show they are aware of the unspoken truth which is that the the Igbo man is his own biggest enemy and not the Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani man as they tell the world 24/7 and non-stop.

Look at how Igbos drag the land of others with them once domiciled there, be it Accra or Lagos, to note a people who are not ideologically wedded to the idea of their own nation yet insincerely claim daily that this is what they want the most. The neglect and underdevelopment of the crime-ridden SE says otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by BuhariAdvocate: 6:16am On Oct 16, 2019
Abaribe very intelligent man.even despite his party affiliation i still accord him some respect.
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by gidgiddy: 6:46am On Oct 16, 2019
omenka:
I don't give a shit if the people of Sokoto are asking to join biafra. What I am saying is, IGEDE PEOPLE HAVEN'T ASKED YOU TO FIGHT FOR THEM AND THEY HAVEN'T AKSED FOR A REFERENDUM.

STOP LUMPING US INTO YOUR BIAFRA DREAM.

If you don't get it this time, yo sure have serious issues upstairs.

This one is just nonsense. The primary focus of the Biafran agitators is a referendum in the SS/SE area. I dont think any protest for Biafra has ever been held in Igede land.
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by gidgiddy: 6:50am On Oct 16, 2019
Area4Area:

https://thenationonlineng.net/northern-igbo-leaders-ignore-asari-dokubo/

you just brought up pictures of people who may be Igbos and who understand their language living in their localities and forming locals, go through my links and see what the representatives of the SS minorities are saying.

Leave the SS alone, attaché no be by force

The videos speak for themselves, the people affirmed that they are Biafrans, others say they are not. This is why a referendum should be conducted so that everyone will finally know the true position of the people

3 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by omenka(m): 7:15am On Oct 16, 2019
gidgiddy:

This one is just nonsense. The primary focus of the Biafran agitators is a referendum in the SS/SE area. I dont think any protest for Biafra has ever been held in Igede land.
Good. That is because we dont want to be associated with it. Never did, never will.

So my appeal to you, whenever you attend those your ipob meetings, prevail it on your brethren to keep Igedes out of their mouth online and offline. Once you do that, I couldn't care less if Somalia joins biafra.

Thanks and goodbye.
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by gidgiddy: 7:30am On Oct 16, 2019
candidtalk:

Indeed. Igbos themselves know they are a difficult people and this is why they have no problem staying out of the SE and neglecting the region, once they leave, only to be making insincere noise, from all other corners of the earth, that others are holding them back.

The actions of Igbos , such as neglecting their own region, show they are aware of the unspoken truth which is that the the Igbo man is his own biggest enemy and not the Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani man as they tell the world 24/7 and non-stop.

Look at how Igbos drag the land of others with them once domiciled there, be it Accra or Lagos, to note a people who are not ideologically wedded to the idea of their own nation yet insincerely claim daily that this is what they want the most. The neglect and underdevelopment of the crime-ridden SE says otherwise.

People say that Igbos neglect their homeland but the truth is that there are few places in Nigeria, if any, that is more developed than Igbo land. The fact that Igbos are well traveled and domiciled all over the world does not take away for a second their right of self determination. Israelis are even more well traveled and domiciled all over the world than Igbos, it did not take away their right to having an independent state of Israel.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 16, 2019
gidgiddy:

Trash

Go , carry them and go let's see.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by Ojiofor: 9:09am On Oct 16, 2019
ConqueredWest:

Wrong

Totally Wrong

It is much easier to get Biafra than a Restructured Nigeria.

Abaribe has been in the Senate for a long time, why hasn't him achieved Restructuring.?

Tell me how you are going to get Biafra.20 years already gone in the second phase of struggle for Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 16, 2019
gidgiddy:

People say that Igbos neglect their homeland but the truth is that there are few places in Nigeria, if any, that is more developed than Igbo land. The fact that Igbos are well traveled and domiciled all over the world does not take away for a second their right of self determination. Israelis are even more well traveled and domiciled all over the world than Igbos, it did not take away their right to having an independent state of Israel.

You are an apologist for the notion that Igbos do not look at themselves before they blame others for all their woes. You always seek external enemies before you look at self-help or self-development.

Igbos have enough private and State wealth to deliver a lot of what you seek to make the SE great. Why have you not done this? Is Elumelu not one of the richest men in Africa? If Dangote is building the biggest refinery in Africa, in Lekki, why can Tony Elumelu and many like him you have not privately fund and toll the infrastructural development you seek through PPP projects (private-public partnership) that would see them make profit long term while aiding the emergence of a developed Igboland without the need to wait be held captive by "FG incompetence"?

What of crime in Ala igbo? Are you saying that is caused by Yorubas or Hausa/Fulani? Struggling to see what Igbos will do differently once you gain Biafra since you don't even have control over basic challenges that should not be an issue for a focused and productive people who claim all problems are external and caused by others.
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by ConqueredWest: 10:41pm On Oct 16, 2019
Ojiofor:

Tell me how you are going to get Biafra.20 years already gone in the second phase of struggle for Biafra.

There is a way but the problems are

1) Back up

2) Willingness

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reprisal Killings Going on In The North / Why Does Nigerian Police Check Points Always Looking Like This? (photo) / Ribadu Was Obj’s Political Weapon - Waziri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.