Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,183 members, 7,839,029 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) (4682 Views)

Breaking-ipob: Judge Refuses To Order Senator Abaribe’s Release / DSS Releases Senator Abaribe From Detention / PDP Sends Delegates To DSS Over Arrest Of Senator Abaribe, Suswam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by ConqueredWest: 10:44pm On Oct 16, 2019
omenka:
I don't give a shit if the people of Sokoto are asking to join biafra. What I am saying is, IGEDE PEOPLE HAVEN'T ASKED YOU TO FIGHT FOR THEM AND THEY HAVEN'T AKSED FOR A REFERENDUM.

STOP LUMPING US INTO YOUR BIAFRA DREAM.

If you don't get it this time, yo sure have serious issues upstairs.

From being a Tiv man to being an Igede man.

You must be a great magician to be able to change ethnicity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by IGBOSON1: 12:29am On Oct 17, 2019
candidtalk:

You are an apologist for the notion that Igbos do not look at themselves before they blame others for all their woes. You always seek external enemies before you look at self-help or self-development.

Igbos have enough private and State wealth to deliver a lot of what you seek to make the SE great. Why have you not done this? Is Elumelu not one of the richest men in Africa? If Dangote is building the biggest refinery in Africa, in Lekki, why can Tony Elumelu and many like him you have not privately fund and toll the infrastructural development you seek through PPP projects (private-public partnership) that would see them make profit long term while aiding the emergence of a developed Igboland without the need to wait be held captive by "FG incompetence"?

What of crime in Ala igbo? Are you saying that is caused by Yorubas or Hausa/Fulani? Struggling to see what Igbos will do differently once you gain Biafra since you don't even have control over basic challenges that should not be an issue for a focused and productive people who claim all problems are external and caused by others.

One has to wonder why bigots and Igbo haters like you and that area-fada (or whatever it is he calls himself) are always on threads discussing Biafra....posting boring/repetitive epistles and dragging issue with the very people you hate on why Biafra isn't feasible, and if it is, 'going with only your 5 south-east states' is the only option available'? It shows a deep-seated feeling of insecurity and unhealthy obsession with poke-nosing into your neighbours affairs!

I am from the so called south-south, and i'm Igbo before wearing any other tag forced on me by the evil contraption called Nigeria! When Biafra is actualised, Igbos WILL NOT FORCE ANY OTHER ETHNICITY TO JOIN THEM IN LEAVING! If you say they will, then tell me in clear terms how they will go about doing this!

The aim of you Igbo haters on this forum is to hopefully try and derail the entire Biafra agitation, and you think if you succeed in getting Biafra to be landlocked, and face the prospect of leaving without any of our neighbours in the so called south-south, that it will kill our enthusiasm for secession and help keep your 'one Nigeria' alive to carry on stumbling in the dark like it's been doing for close to 60 years!

3 Likes

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by awgumayor: 5:50am On Oct 17, 2019
Area4Area:
When have these people told you they want a referendum and why must you force it on them, when have the SE Igbos even told you they want a referendum too?
Why not go conduct one in your immediate family and Umunna before trying to force others
In all your post I have came across, you always against anything igbo but that doesn't matter to any igboman. The guy you were quoting was not speaking about your beloved ss minorities but igbos in ss, benue and kogi. He was telling you that, since you people rejected igbos and their biafra igbos will never allow any of her territories behind should there be biafra tomorrow.
If referendum happens today don't be surprise that the so called minorities will be the first to claim biafrans because they know they can't survive in Nigeria without the mighty igbos.
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 17, 2019
IGBOSON1:

One has to wonder why bigots and Igbo haters like you and that area-fada (or whatever it is he calls himself) are always on threads discussing Biafra....posting boring/repetitive epistles and dragging issue with the very people you hate on why Biafra isn't feasible, and if it is, 'going with only your 5 south-east states' is the only option available'? It shows a deep-seated feeling of insecurity and unhealthy obsession with poke-nosing into your neighbours affairs!

I am from the so called south-south, and i'm Igbo before wearing any other tag forced on me by the evil contraption called Nigeria! When Biafra is actualised, Igbos WILL NOT FORCE ANY OTHER ETHNICITY TO JOIN THEM IN LEAVING! If you say they will, then tell me in clear terms how they will go about doing this!

The aim of you Igbo haters on this forum is to hopefully try and derail the entire Biafra agitation, and you think if you succeed in getting Biafra to be landlocked, and face the prospect of leaving without any of our neighbours in the so called south-south, that it will kill our enthusiasm for secession and help keep your 'one Nigeria' alive to carry on stumbling in the dark like it's been doing for close to 60 years!

You are a dimwit and an idiot. Nigeria has enough challenges without recalcitrant and irresponsible individuals like you, never willing to take responsibility for your own shortcomings, blaming Yorubas and Hausa/Fulani for your woes 24/7. This is why me and others Yorubas speak.

The day you make your Biafra about what you should be doing proactively to achieve it, rather than blaming Yorubas for it's non-actualisation, that is the day you will stop hearing from Yorubas like us. Trust me, most modern Yorubas wan't you to have your Biafra. We are just against your insincere noise, 24/7, that it is us "not letting you go".

As long as you continue to attempt blaming others for your pathetic and insincere Biafra noise then you will always have us 'Zoo animals' to contend with. It is con men like you, living in denial, Abaribe is talking to. You are the reason Biafra, an idea built on the unjust hatred of others, will never happen. If sincere, and if you truly love each other, Biafra would not even be a topic of discussion today as the SE would be a self-made paradise Igbos can effectively keep the rest of us out of. Mumu.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by omenka(m): 6:11am On Oct 17, 2019
ConqueredWest:

From being a Tiv man to being an Igede man.

You must be a great magician to be able to change ethnicity
Typical behavior of your stock. They lie with gusto.

Someone bears Omenka then will claim to be Tiv anywhere?

If I ever claimed to be tiv, may a truck crush me to death on my way out today. If I never did and you just lied, may that be your fate.

I say amen.

Can I see you say a SIMPLE amen?

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by awgumayor: 7:09am On Oct 17, 2019
IGBOSON1:

In as must as the the guy was making a lot of sense that igbos should look in wards, I love the way you are speaking up and other igbos in ss should speak up too, because if you keep quiet in this social media era I see in future when ijaw, isoko. Urhobo and others will evict the igbos from ss back to se. Don't say it can't be possible. Yes, it can't be possible if you start now to speak up, to let the igbo haters know that you are igbo but the Nigeria govt selfishly ceded your territory to ss.
Millions of people are reading what we are saying here. I started reading comments from nairaland since 2010 till I decided to join in 2018 because of issues like this. What made me to keep following nairaland since then is because of intelligent comments from the likes of Ezeuche, Bluetooth, Only Truth, Ezeagu, and others. I really missed their intelligent comments. Those left now are igbo haters. Ndigbo turu ilu si na onye ekwughi okwu e buru ya gafee ama nna ya. Speak up now before it is too late.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by gidgiddy: 8:15am On Oct 17, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Abaribe should go and sitdown.

He is a surety for a separatist. Stand where your heart is, no need for double speak.

So what is wrong that he is a surety for a separatist? To agitate for separation is legal under international laws that Nigeria has signed up to.
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by Ojiofor: 9:09am On Oct 17, 2019
ConqueredWest:

There is a way but the problems are

1) Back up

2) Willingness

That means it is impossible at the moment and foreseeable future.That is the reality.
We should try something else.
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by MetaPhysical: 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2019
gidgiddy:

So what is wrong that he is a surety for a separatist? To agitate for separation is legal under international laws that Nigeria has signed up to.

Biafran issue is not covered under international treaties. It remains a domestic issue.

UN has a mandate to keep parties in a sovereingty together and prwvent their breakup.

Abaribe is surety for a fugitive running from law......a felon! Abaribe ought to have been rwmoved from Senate. He has lost legal standing as a lawmaker.
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by gidgiddy: 3:58pm On Oct 17, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Biafran issue is not covered under international treaties. It remains a domestic issue.

The issue of Biafra is covered under the right of self determination as enshrined in article 1 of the UN charter and article 20 of the AU charter. These are international laws that grants any group of people the right to agitate for a separate country from the one they belong to.

UN has a mandate to keep parties in a sovereingty together and prwvent their breakup.

If that were true, the UN would not supervise referendum that allowed Eritrea to leave Ethiopia or the referendum that allowed East Timor to leave Indonesia

Abaribe is surety for a fugitive running from law......a felon! Abaribe ought to have been rwmoved from Senate. He has lost legal standing as a lawmaker.

Abaribe stood surety for Kanu but the federal government is responsible for the inability of Kanu to attend court. It was the Federal government that sent an assassination team of Soldiers to Kanu's house to kill him. Since the federal government decided to kill Kanu, Kanu has every right to leave the country to protect his life. Dead people dont go to court

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by MetaPhysical: 4:18pm On Oct 17, 2019
gidgiddy:

The issue of Biafra is covered under the right of self determination as enshrined in article 1 of the UN charter and article 20 of the AU charter. These are international laws that grants any group of people the right to agitate for a separate country from the one they belong to.

Biafra is defunct! There is nothing called Biafra in any recognizable negotiation anywhere.

You have to first get a recognition as a dispute party in a negotiation. Biafra is not a dispute party anywhere. Kanu wants to bulldoze his way into a nation. Thats not how Eritrea, Timor, South Sudan got their recognition.

Start by initiating a negotiation...table your grievances to Nigeria and invite international observers to mediate.

Have you done that? Kanu is small boy. All those UN Charters and Statutes he is rolling off is to deceive you. None of them is automatic.

I will say again, and feel free to pass this to Kanu.....a party seeking separation starts from a domestic dispute and negotiation. Nigerian government is not in negotiation with Kanu. The failure of Nigeria to address your dispute will bring in international mediators.

Kanu is a fugitive of Nigerian government....not legal recognized to enter into negotiation with the Nation.

Dont make me school you bwoi!!! grin

If that were true, the UN would not supervise referendum that allowed Eritrea to leave Ethiopia or the referendum that allowed East Timor to leave Indonesia

[quote]Abaribe stood surety for Kanu but the federal government is responsible for the inability of Kanu to attend court. It was the Federal government that sent an assassination team of Soldiers to Kanu's house to kill him. Since the federal government decided to kill Kanu, Kanu has every right to leave the country to protect his life. Dead people dont go to court

Soldiers came to arrest him and return to prison. Abaribe assisted his escape.
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by gidgiddy: 4:28pm On Oct 17, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Biafra is defunct! There is nothing called Biafra in any recognizable negotiation anywhere.

You have to first get a recognition as a dispute party in a negotiation. Biafra is not a dispute party anywhere. Kanu wants to bulldoze his way into a nation. Thats not how Eritrea, Timor, South Sudan got their recognition.

Start by initiating a negotiation...table your grievances to Nigeria and invite international observers to mediate.

Have you done that? Kanu is small boy. All those UN Charters and Statutes he is rolling off is to deceive you. None of them is automatic.

I will say again, and feel free to pass this to Kanu.....a party seeking separation starts from a domestic dispute and negotiation. Nigerian government is not in negotiation with Kanu. The failure of Nigeria to address your dispute will bring in international mediators.

You still dont get it? People have been given the right under international law to agitate for a separate country. They also have the right to protest and express themselves under chapter 4 of the Nigerian constitution. Whether those people negotiate or not with government does not not come into it. What matters is that they are doing what has been granted to them under the law

Kanu is a fugitive of Nigerian government....not legal recognized to enter into negotiation with the Nation.

Dont make me school you bwoi!!! grin

It's better to be a fugitive than to be dead. Kanu is too smart to allow your federal government kill him.

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by MetaPhysical: 5:13pm On Oct 17, 2019
gidgiddy:

You still dont get it? People have been given the right under international law to agitate for a separate country. They also have the right to protest and express themselves under chapter 4 of the Nigerian constitution. Whether those people negotiate or not with government does not not come into it. What matters is that they are doing what has been granted to them under the law

It's better to be a fugitive than to be dead. Kanu is too smart to allow your federal government kill him.

Does that right include threat of force to people who do no share in your ideology? You cannot claim a right for you but violate others their rights.

Did Kanu not thrraten to kill Pastor Kumuyi or any Yoruba pastoe for that matter if they stepped foot in SE?

Did Ipob not issue threats to Igbos that refused their call for sit at home?

Did Ipob not beat and assaulted Ekweremadu?

Did Kanu and Ipob not harrassed and threatened to deal violently with Buhari when he was abroad?

You lost legitimacy to any claim of rights to yourself when same rights you deny others.

UN sef go see you as clowns.

Kanu is a runaway...a coward!
See person that promised death to others....death came knocking and he gasssed. grin
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by gidgiddy: 8:16pm On Oct 17, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Does that right include threat of force to people who do no share in your ideology? You cannot claim a right for you but violate others their rights.

Did Kanu not thrraten to kill Pastor Kumuyi or any Yoruba pastoe for that matter if they stepped foot in SE?

Did Kanu and Ipob not harrassed and threatened to deal violently with Buhari when he was abroad?

You lost legitimacy to any claim of rights to yourself when same rights you deny others.

See person that promised death to others....death came knocking and he gasssed. grin

Stop talking like a kid. Making verbal threats is no crime. Have you ever heard that someone was charged to court and jailed for making verbal threats? Who doesnt make verbal threats to deal with another person from time to time? If making verbal threats was a criminal offence, everyone would be in jail.

What the international community cares about is what was done, not what was said.

As for the beating of Ekweremadu, if IPOB had really meant to beat Ekweremadu, he would still be in hospital by now. It is funny that in a country where different armed bandits from boko haram to herdsmen are busy killing people and destroying property daily, what some care about is the few slaps Ekweremadu got in Germany.

A Senator is pushed around in Germany, that one gets headline news and widespread condemnation. But if 20 are murdered in Taraba by Heardsmen, nobody will say anything. Some will even rush to give them Ruga settlement

Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by Biafrannuke: 10:19pm On Oct 17, 2019
MetaPhysical:

I disagree with you. If verbal threat is a crime, NLC, TUC and other unions wouldn't exist today.
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by MetaPhysical: 11:35pm On Oct 17, 2019
Biafrannuke:
I disagree with you. If verbal threat is a crime, NLC, TUC and other unions wouldn't exist today.

He made "terroristic" threats!
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by MetaPhysical: 11:37pm On Oct 17, 2019
gidgiddy:

Stop talking like a kid. Making verbal threats is no crime. Have you ever heard that someone was charged to court and jailed for making verbal threats? Who doesnt make verbal threats to deal with another person from time to time? If making verbal threats was a criminal offence, everyone would be in jail.

What the international community cares about is what was done, not what was said.

As for the beating of Ekweremadu, if IPOB had really meant to beat Ekweremadu, he would still be in hospital by now. It is funny that in a country where different armed bandits from boko haram to herdsmen are busy killing people and destroying property daily, what some care about is the few slaps Ekweremadu got in Germany.

A Senator is pushed around in Germany, that one gets headline news and widespread condemnation. But if 20 are murdered in Taraba by Heardsmen, nobody will say anything. Some will even rush to give them Ruga settlement

Mtcheew

Terroristic threats!
Kanu is a terrorist.
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by JonDon12: 1:13am On Oct 18, 2019
Enyimma Abaribe, you are a statesman
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by ifyboy60(m): 5:04am On Oct 18, 2019
Area4Area:
Who is giving you the sea border and how do you hope to get it?

I don't know how IPOB supporters reason.
all igbo states are surrounded by other states and he talking of seas.
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by ifyboy60(m): 5:10am On Oct 18, 2019
ConqueredWest:

Why hasn't Abaribe achieved Restructuring all this year.?

This is not a masterpiece but an idealist view that has never been supported by the British caretaker (Fulani)

and u think kanu will achieve Biafra by touring UN and EU buildings abi
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by ifyboy60(m): 5:16am On Oct 18, 2019
gidgiddy:

This one is just nonsense. The primary focus of the Biafran agitators is a referendum in the SS/SE area. I dont think any protest for Biafra has ever been held in Igede land.

but kanu added benue to his Biafra pipe dream map.
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by Emyogalanya: 11:34am On Oct 18, 2019
MetaPhysical:

but i thought its the court that asked for someone of his calibre as surety
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by MetaPhysical: 1:41pm On Oct 19, 2019
Emyogalanya:
but i thought its the court that asked for someone of his calibre as surety

Court did not ask for Abaribe. Court did not even address him, they addressed the fugitive Kanu. So why did Abaribe step forward to bail a felon?
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by Emyogalanya: 5:20pm On Oct 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Court did not ask for Abaribe. Court did not even address him, they addressed the fugitive Kanu. So why did Abaribe step forward to bail a felon?
You are very Mischiviously Stupid and silly
Re: Senator Abaribe Speech On Ndi Igbo And Biafra(long Read) by gidgiddy: 5:36pm On Oct 19, 2019
Emyogalanya:
You are very Mischiviously Stupid and silly

True

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023 Polls: Vote Competence, Not Tribe, Religion Or Party / 2011: Nothing Can Stop My Presidential Ambition –ibb ! / NYSC Corp Members Resign From The INEC ADHOC Staff.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.