|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,933,623 members, 7,096,218 topics. Date: Friday, 30 September 2022 at 10:32 PM
|Questions For Car Importer Experts by ojesymsym: 10:20am On Oct 10, 2019|
An US based automobile agency I did some work for requested my input on the automobile industry in Nigeria with regards to importing 2nd hand cars into Nigeria. As this is not really an industry I understand in details other than the basics, I am hoping that some people who have the expertise can respond to the queries as outlined below.
In 2017, an Import Tax to protect local production was introduced. Is this tax still in place and if so, who much?
• I have read that used import cars may not be older than 8 years; is this true?
• The import car market must be served by many dealers of various sizes. Is it possible to classify them into categories, like I am outlining?
- Micro Dealers, with 1 to 10 cars
- Dealers with 11 to 50 cars in inventory
- Larger Dealers, capable of importing directly from foreign markets
• Is it possible to identify dealers of the 2nd category, that are not in a position to import cars directly?
• Where do these type of dealers get their cars from? Wholesale Importers, or…?
Thanks in advance.
|Re: Questions For Car Importer Experts by ojesymsym: 5:24pm On Oct 10, 2019|
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18