Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Questions For Car Importer Experts - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Questions For Car Importer Experts (233 Views)

Genius And Sincere Car Importer Needed / Are You A Car Importer? Display Your Cars At Betacar.ng Car Lot And Website / Any Car Importer/supplier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Questions For Car Importer Experts by ojesymsym: 10:20am On Oct 10, 2019
An US based automobile agency I did some work for requested my input on the automobile industry in Nigeria with regards to importing 2nd hand cars into Nigeria. As this is not really an industry I understand in details other than the basics, I am hoping that some people who have the expertise can respond to the queries as outlined below.

In 2017, an Import Tax to protect local production was introduced. Is this tax still in place and if so, who much?

• I have read that used import cars may not be older than 8 years; is this true?

• The import car market must be served by many dealers of various sizes. Is it possible to classify them into categories, like I am outlining?

- Micro Dealers, with 1 to 10 cars

- Dealers with 11 to 50 cars in inventory

- Larger Dealers, capable of importing directly from foreign markets

• Is it possible to identify dealers of the 2nd category, that are not in a position to import cars directly?

• Where do these type of dealers get their cars from? Wholesale Importers, or…?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Questions For Car Importer Experts by ojesymsym: 5:24pm On Oct 10, 2019
Any one?

(1) (Reply)

Ford Explorer Sport Track 2002 Black / Toyota Rav4 2005 Registered At 899,999 In Surulere. Call 08033612631 / Toks Toyota Camry 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.