Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Angela Bassett Reveals She Was Abused By Her Mum's Boyfriend - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Angela Bassett Reveals She Was Abused By Her Mum's Boyfriend (660 Views)

Bambam Was Sexually Abused By A Nanny When She Was A Child / Helena Nelson: I Was Sexually Abused By My Mother's Boyfriend For 3 Years / Stella Damasus: "I Was Abused By Emeka Nzeribe, My Ex Husband In 2009" (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angela Bassett Reveals She Was Abused By Her Mum's Boyfriend by Maraokere: 10:46am On Oct 10, 2019
Black Panther Actress, Angela Bassett, has revealed how she was sexually abused by her mum's boyfriend when she was a child.

The 61-year-old and the mother of teenage twin "Bronwyn and Slater Vanceshared" revealed this message on the day she hosted the Rape Foundation’s annual brunch.

According to her, she was asleep when the mum's boyfriend sneaked into her room and was handling her breast, she added that this happened even before she was a teenager. She said the mum cut off the relationship with her boyfriend as soon as she reported the issue to her.

According to her, 'fortunately, it wasn't really a complete assault but just handling'

She added:

"Thankfully, to have a mother who could tell as soon as light broke that this happened and for her to expel him [meant a lot]. That she heard me, believed me, and did something about it, I think was so empowering for me as a young teen, as a young woman."

The actress concluded by saying she will make sure to teach their sons about consent and respecting boundaries. She said:

"You just want them to be aware. They’ll be in situations one day, and when a girl says no, both to him and to her, she means no."

Read more on http://irukkanews.com/index.php/2019/10/10/angela-bassett-reveals-she-was-abused-by-her-mums-boyfriend/

cc; Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Angela Bassett Reveals She Was Abused By Her Mum's Boyfriend by quintessence007(f): 7:41pm On Oct 10, 2019
Beautiful woman
Re: Angela Bassett Reveals She Was Abused By Her Mum's Boyfriend by SURElee(f): 11:27pm On Oct 10, 2019
Angela Bassett is 16 years old? Waoh!
Re: Angela Bassett Reveals She Was Abused By Her Mum's Boyfriend by wolverine1987: 12:17am On Oct 11, 2019
Lucky you and thank God ur mum chose u over the boyfriend

(1) (Reply)

Toyin Abraham Buys A New Car ( See Photos) / Assembled In Naija ,made In Yankee,obi Nna Ya My Next Of Kin -cubana Reveal / Disqualification Of Lionheart Is An Eye-opener For Nollywood- Nigeria Oscar Comm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.