Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo (8516 Views)

Ex-biafra Soldiers: "Don't Insult Biafra With Your Valueless Naira" - Gen. Orji / Former Biafra Soldier Explains Why Zik, Okpara And Fani-kayode Were Not Killed / Ex-biafra Soldier, Oyewole Explains Why Zik, Okpara, Fani-kayode Were Not Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by sarrki(m): 3:03pm On Oct 10, 2019
EX-BIAFRA SOLDIER, Stanley Enekwe BEING COMFORTED BY HIS FATHER BEFORE BEING EXECUTED ON A CRIME NOT VERIFIED..

APRIL 1972: It was during the regime of General Yakubu Gowon, Nigeria’s military wartime leader and the law in place for convicted armed robbers was nothing but death by the firing squad.

Thus it happened in April 1972 that a young man named Stanley Enekwe was convicted of armed robbery and he was to be shot to death. The place was Ajalli, near Awka in the then East-Central State (that part is now Anambra State). Enekwe’s public execution was scheduled but something really spectacular happened.

In those days, families and relatives usually avoided the scene of public execution because they believed that the accused had brought overwhelming shame to their name and disgrace upon the entire family. However, that was not the case with Stanley Enekwe’s father.

He was not only at the execution ground but he was there with his son to the very last. In the picture, he is seen mopping off the sweat on his son’s face and giving him words of encouragement. The agony of a father and the demonstration of unconditional love. Enekwe’s father then told his son these words, murmuring to him:

‘Fear not, the Lord is waiting to receive you.’

On the day of his execution, many of his villagers trooped out and proclaimed his innocence. Enekwe was said to have been an ex-soldier of the Biafran Army and came back to Ajalli after the Nigerian Civil War with one of the official vehicles which he was accused of stealing. To quote Uzoamaka Udokwu Nwankwo, a member of the Nigerian Nostalgia Project (NNP), she said concerning this issue:

I finally spoke to an eye witness. Stanley was an officer in the biafran army and after the war, he came back to Ajalli with one of the official vehicles and was accused of stealing it. The Nigerian army was very wicked to the men who fought them and seized every opportunity that they could get to victimize them. The case against him started immediately after the war and dragged on to the day that he was killed. Most people avoided him as they were also afraid of being victimized so his dad stood by him and boldly came to the execution to show him that he believed in him and also hoping for a miracle. I am not from Ajalli but I know that family very well although I didn’t meet them until the 1980s. They are many things but they are not armed robbers.

Nnamdi Ezeji

Me: This killed me a little.

Kai.[right][/right]

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 10, 2019
So he was executed by Gowon, then what happened?
Has that changed Nigeria from been a dust bin or cemetery.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz: 3:19pm On Oct 10, 2019
MelesZenawi:

so you live and eat in a dustbin and a cemetery??
WE need to tone down the hate. The Igbos are not a bad set of people but some of you are hell bent on bringing your tribe head on with other Nigerians...
You really need to tone down the hate

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 10, 2019
ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz:
WE need to tone down the hate. The Igbos are not a bad set of people but some of you are hell bent on bringing your tribe head on with other Nigerians...

Gowon is a terrorist.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by b3llo(m): 3:39pm On Oct 10, 2019
The consequences of war... Thank God we have better laws in place to forestall future occurrence.

3 Likes

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by vanunu: 3:41pm On Oct 10, 2019
ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz:

How did you know, that the guy is Igbo, it seems that you are an Igbo hater.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by JusticeSeeker: 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2019
MelesZenawi:

I don't know why Nigeria is finding it difficult to allow these hate filled humans that are destructive to any society that hosts them to have their republic of five states. Xenophobia in South Africa is because of them. In my local place, they're the ones responsible for the distribution of hard drugs and fake products. Ask Beninoise and they'll tell you how important this ' cemetery' in your language is to them. I am sure @OP isn't at home (Biafra), he may be residing in one of the states in the cemetery.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 10, 2019

Truth be told The Igbos fvcked up by perpetuating the first coup, if not for that coup igbos would’ve been playing the role the northerners are currently playing in Nigeria but their overzealousness for power made them lost sight of the future .

Signed

A concerned Igbo man

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2019
Plead:

Truth be told The Igbos fvcked up by perpetuating the first coup, if not for that coup igbos would’ve been playing the role the northerners are currently playing in Nigeria but their overzealousness for power made them lost sight of the future .

Signed

A consigned Igbo man

You opened the account today and become a consigned Igbo man....lolzzz

Yoruba man stop denying your tribe... uchu

What people said about you guys are really true

No wonder awolowo ended tragically..

Newly cloned account from Dem omolabi...lol

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 10, 2019
It's concerned.
Plead:

Signed

A consigned Igbo man

8 Likes

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by slimfit1(m): 3:56pm On Oct 10, 2019
ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz:

Looking how Jos looks like and Christians being used as sacrifice now he must be sheeting himself.

9 Likes

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by JusticeSeeker: 4:01pm On Oct 10, 2019
MelesZenawi:

The beninoise you talking about are still Yorubas...So I don't actually know what you mean..

Even Buhari and FG are man enough let them call for referendum or even outright secession?

Unity beggars everywhere.
Who's begging you and your kinsmen to stay? It's only when you try to drag us from South South to follow you that we reject. Your interest is to beg the ss states to go with you, thereafter, you will start marginalization.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 10, 2019
JusticeSeeker:
Who's begging you and your kinsmen to stay? It's only when you try to drag us from South South to follow you that we reject. Your interest is to beg the ss states to go with you, thereafter, you will start marginalization.

Lolzzz... Insecure fellow everywhere..Which SS

but how do you feel comfortable denying your region and state while claiming another person's region and state..

It seems that most of you Quickly forget that in past, in one of your post, you guys do state your state of origin...am sorry for you..

You don't have any moral standing

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:20pm On Oct 10, 2019
ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz:

Worse than that BMC. It's a shithole

3 Likes

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by Commentor: 6:45pm On Oct 10, 2019
IamaNigerianGuy:

Worse than that BMC. It's a shithole

And your parents live in it.

grin

3 Likes

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by EzekaUdenee: 6:51pm On Oct 10, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

And your parents live in it.

grin
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by NIGHTMAREOO7: 8:23pm On Oct 10, 2019
lipsrsealed
ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz:

U must me very empty upstairs.. TBH, Pls how does that comment leads to involving IGBOS into ur comment.. Like WTF. undecided

The Yorubas are not really dumb like some people say, but people like u are bent on bringing shame to yoruba tribe.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by madenigga(m): 8:25pm On Oct 10, 2019
Off what use is this post or thread, you want to transfer the hate and injustice to the next generation so they will start something they cannot finish.

I am Igbo and I believe its time for us to move on
Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by RZArecta2(m): 8:30pm On Oct 10, 2019
I wonder why the op can’t stay for a prolonged period without trolling the Igbo race but when you call him a tribal bigot, he’ll wet his pants. Accept who you are with your chest sarrki, nobody go beat you.

Ps, congrats to Gaylord Buhari on his upcoming wedding tomorrow cool

3 Likes

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by RZArecta2(m): 8:32pm On Oct 10, 2019
madenigga:
Off what use is this post or thread, you want to transfer the hate and injustice to the next generation so they will start something they cannot finish.

sarrki is a renowned tribal bigot who stokes up ethnic hatred for igbos whenever he has a slow news day

7 Likes

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by Mightyhaiz: 8:35pm On Oct 10, 2019
The interesting thing about the war and post war evil machinations against the Igbo nation is that it made the igboman evolve into his finest form. The average igboman today is very alert,conscious and possess a razor sharp instinct for survival and prosperity,...

Talk about silver linings...

8 Likes

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 10, 2019
RZArecta2:
I wonder why the op can’t stay for a prolonged period without trolling the Igbo race but when you call him a tribal bigot, he’ll wet his pants. Accept who you are with your chest sarrki, nobody go beat you.

Ps, congrats to Gaylord Buhari on his upcoming wedding tomorrow cool

So Buhari is gay??

Wonderful, no wonder Osibanjo loves him so much because he is treating his ass well.

Haaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 10, 2019
madenigga:

This issue of Igbo, am Igbo

Almost all your post am Igbo.

Are you the only Igbo in Nigeria.??

I want to know or are you the man called IGBO?

5 Likes

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by FortuneDeGreat(m): 8:53pm On Oct 10, 2019
ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz:
To start with, how could you come to conclusion that he's Igbo? What is your problem with someone saying that Nigeria is a dustbin? Is Nigeria not? Are you the owner of Nigeria? Or are you more Nigerian than the guy who said the bitter truth? Why must you mention Igbo here or is something wrong with your brain?

5 Likes

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by LOMBARDY(m): 9:04pm On Oct 10, 2019
Sometimes I wonder if Sarrki is a matured guy or a kid sad

1 Like

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:09pm On Oct 10, 2019
Injustice everywhere!!!

While the real culprits are given a VIP treatment undecided

What a lawless country

1 Like

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by dominique(f): 9:14pm On Oct 10, 2019
Highly misleading headline
He was executed for armed robbery, not because he was a Biafran soldier.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo by JonDon12: 9:16pm On Oct 10, 2019
ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz:

Nigeria is a zoo, dustbin and cemetary rolled together

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo Inaugurates Electricity Board As FG Moves To Resolve Tariff Shortfalls / Why Have South-East Leaders Remained Silent About Boko Haram? / Ebonyi Lawmaker Afikpo Strips,teaches How To Give Man Head In US(Pics,Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.