Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine (17921 Views)

The Good Side Of Buhari's Trousers No Media Will Show You (Picture) / School Abductions: Abdullahi Mohammed Says People Don't Want Education For North / AK-47 For Herders: Bala Mohammed Says He Was Misunderstood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by omenka(m): 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2019
FarahAideed:

You should rather be ashamed instead of subtling threatening Seun with this your fake Cc . The govt is a failed govt and no amount of gagging will stop them from being recorded as the worst ever in our history .
Anither useless balderdash. Let me guess, you are multitasking again.

Pathetic.
Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by officialblaze: 4:35pm On Oct 10, 2019
ѕσmєвσdч plєαѕє rєmínd mє..íѕ thíѕ α mílítαrч σr dєmσcrαtíc regime
Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by Angelfrost(m): 4:37pm On Oct 10, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

For clarification purposes.

Any statement that shows you hate the bad condition of things in Nigeria is hate speech.
For example, if you speak out because you hate injustice and marginalization.
It is hate speech to Lai Mohammed's FG.

Please instead of wasting your 5million naira for saying the truth while still in Nigeria.
Use it and relocate abroad where you can criticize them however you like.

This is the wisest and smartest thing you, and anyone else has probably typed on social media in a good age. Respect!!!
Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by Edyice: 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2019
Lia Mohammed and APC NEXT LEVEL just showed Nigerians

[/color]That it's hard to put a leech on a dog , once you have put a crown on it head ...[color=#006600]

NIGERIANS will enjoy the change in higher grades

Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by surgical: 4:46pm On Oct 10, 2019
officialblaze:
ѕσmєвσdч plєαѕє rєmínd mє..íѕ thíѕ α mílítαrч σr dєmσcrαtíc regime
Buhari is the same yesterday,today and tomorrow,no surprises
This is decree 4 in disguise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by Wahala90: 4:52pm On Oct 10, 2019
Gooooosh!

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by gift2xl: 4:54pm On Oct 10, 2019
Lia respect urself
Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 10, 2019
Lai, old bastard with no shame.

Even his grand kids call him Liar Mohammed, still no shame angry
Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by 35824L: 4:59pm On Oct 10, 2019
The fine is not on individuals but on online media organizations that allow hate speech on their platforms. This is a step in the right direction.

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by EzekaUdenee: 5:00pm On Oct 10, 2019
[s]
35824L:
The fine is not on individuals but on online media organizations that allow hate speech on their platforms. This is a step in the right direction.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by Princeton92(m): 5:04pm On Oct 10, 2019
And who pays a FINE to the U.S Government?

Donald Trump doesn't care about hate speeches from nobody
Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2019
Mrsoundoro:
Nigeria's Minister of Information and Culture Lai Mohammed on Thursay October 10, announced that online news platforms will now be regulated as he inaugurated a seven-man committee to implement reforms in the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC).

Speaking at the event, Lai Mohammed said President Buhari has approved the upward review of fines from N500,000 to N5 million for hate speech offences as well as the amendment to the NBC act to enable it to license WebTv and radio stations, including foreign broadcasters beaming signals into the country. There is also an upgrade of political comments relating to hate speech to ”Class A” offence in the broadcasting code.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2019/10/online-media-will-be-regulated-hate-speech-fine-to-be-increased-from-n500k-to-n5m-lai-mohammed.html
Their unfulfilled promise to the Nigeria Labour Congress (N.L.C) is also hate speech.
Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by King44(m): 5:08pm On Oct 10, 2019
elektra:
They need to publish what constitutes as hate speech now oh, before they say any criticism of Buhari is hate speech
just today I listened to a news on channels were the government of GH charge those of plotting coup with treason, coup in a democrat gvt is treason, but here in naija the word treason is a judiciary tool that the DSS use to intimidate anyone who criticizes buhari and APC gvt the word has no value here and it has lost it respect

they can't tax nairaland reason being that I think I saw a notice somewhere where they said whatever is said here is not the view of the owner rather it is the view of the ..... persons or people which is true so less worried

na fb n Twitter n bligs they fit dey monitor god don dash dem work awon ole
Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by LZAA: 5:16pm On Oct 10, 2019
Riversides2003:
APC and money be like 5/6. Somebody should borrow me that Jacob Zuma’s picture. I hope one day we will not be asked to pay for air. They will soon toll our data and internet with the way they are going now.
Soon toll net and data
E don dy happen

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by ojibole(m): 5:20pm On Oct 10, 2019
Lol in a day nairaland fot pay 1billion fine...useless government.

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by IJEYdiamond(f): 5:21pm On Oct 10, 2019
Abeeg ur time go do pass... na by fine.. go and learn from POTUS..!!

Na Snail una be... Fear of the Unknown...!!
Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by Zeroshero(m): 5:23pm On Oct 10, 2019
For more 3 years sir
Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by adenigga(m): 5:23pm On Oct 10, 2019
DennisEche:
THIS MAN ENN, I WONDER HOW HE SLEEPS AT NIGHT WITH THE KIND OF ILLS HE IS PROMOTING UNDER HIS WATCH AS AN INFORMATION MINISTER. YOU WERE FREE AND POSTING LIES AND WRITING NONSENSE UNDER GEJ BUT NOW YOU WANT TO CONTROL SOCIAL MEDIA. AFONJA MUSLIMS PLS FEAR GOD

My Bros! Don't you know that, that Baba is suffering from diarrhoea of the mouth ni? That's why you see him vomiting shit every now & there.

They know their target sha!

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by SOFTENGR: 5:25pm On Oct 10, 2019
The chief liar and chief hater is looking for cheap 5M.
Crazy Id!ot.
Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by Risingblue008(m): 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2019
Now I knw dt dis man is jobless
Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by Livefreeordieha(m): 5:33pm On Oct 10, 2019
Mrsoundoro:
Nigeria's Minister of Information and Culture Lai Mohammed on Thursay October 10, announced that online news platforms will now be regulated as he inaugurated a seven-man committee to implement reforms in the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC).

Speaking at the event, Lai Mohammed said President Buhari has approved the upward review of fines from N500,000 to N5 million for hate speech offences as well as the amendment to the NBC act to enable it to license WebTv and radio stations, including foreign broadcasters beaming signals into the country. There is also an upgrade of political comments relating to hate speech to ”Class A” offence in the broadcasting code.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2019/10/online-media-will-be-regulated-hate-speech-fine-to-be-increased-from-n500k-to-n5m-lai-mohammed.html
the fine is even a product of a brain and mind filled with hate or so it seems
Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by AgentNairaland(f): 5:37pm On Oct 10, 2019
Oya Come And Fine Us, He-Goat Lie Muhammad
Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by 12345baba(m): 6:04pm On Oct 10, 2019
This man still dey?
Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by Apostlepurple: 6:04pm On Oct 10, 2019
We need to have a working definition of what constitutes hate speech. In fact the law should be applied retroactively to those guilty in the past
Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by islandmoon: 6:06pm On Oct 10, 2019
why threating social media instead of him to call juniad Mohammed to other, see this lie Muhammed
Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by bobolaga: 6:07pm On Oct 10, 2019
There is different between correction and hate speech,except you have a lot of hate with in you before you can tagged correction as an act of hate speech.
Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by kikake: 6:13pm On Oct 10, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

For clarification purposes.

Any statement that shows you hate the bad condition of things in Nigeria is hate speech.
For example, if you speak out because you hate injustice and marginalization.
It is hate speech to Lai Mohammed's FG.

Please instead of wasting your 5million naira for saying the truth while still in Nigeria.
Use it and relocate abroad; where marijuana you can safely and boldly criticize them however you want just like Reno.

Hopefully, Great Britain is listening.
The Lai Mohammeds of Nigeria may no longer see Nigerians to clampdown on before long. This Jihadi govt of Nigeria is getting on the nerves of saner people.

One Nigeria is fast becoming worse than Shiiithole. Nigeria must split. Britain can't hold it one any longer.
Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by bizhop01: 6:19pm On Oct 10, 2019
From Minister Of Cow Dung
Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by notoriousbabe: 6:32pm On Oct 10, 2019
Emotionss:
Ayam Cumming
have you putted your thing inside already?
Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by crazygod(m): 6:38pm On Oct 10, 2019
So if I say bubu is a failure for example, will I pay N5m? I need to understand
Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by Jabioro: 6:41pm On Oct 10, 2019
Truth is bitter ,truth words are very blunt,blantant,it does not mine who gut got cut..if they truth they should go and died..
Re: Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine by Jabioro: 6:42pm On Oct 10, 2019
crazygod:
So if I say bubu is a failure for example, will I pay N5m? I need to understand
Hate speech..five million.. should I send my account number?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? / PDP Youth Mobilization And Town Hall Meetings (Live Pictures From The Launch) / Fashola Lists Achievements Of His Ministries In The Last One Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.