Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? (2597 Views)

The 2015 "Best Of Nollywood Awards" Nominees / Oscar Awards Live-----Inception n The King's Speech leading / Who's Watched Inception? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by montelik(m): 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt] SALT ? Awful movie. The plot is ridiculous! US CIA, FBI, White House etc, filled with Russian spies, A. Jolie is indestructible! shocked grin She escapes from every place and break into the White House bunker for good sake! As a comedy i would have rated it above 3 but as an action/thriller movie. . . .it's a 1!!! grin grin Some might like unrealistic movie looking for a little bit of fun. . . cheesy cheesy but i don't even think it even did that for me.

There is nothing new in this movie, nothing that you don't have in Jason Bourne (a million times better) so why would you watch this horrible one. A superwoman who can make bazooka from a chair cheesy cheesy , bleach and extinguisher better than Mcguiver and kicking everybody's behind better than Jacky Chan although she's probably 50kg with not a single muscle. . . . grin grin please! And at the end, while she is supposed to be the biggest terrorist on earth the guy let her go because she told him she's innocent!! lipsrsealed To be honest i don't know how i got to the end of that movie if we can call it a movie! wink
[/size]

Very well put. Some would say the same for inception's far fetched storyline.
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by WackyJ1(m): 2:19pm On Nov 27, 2010
montelik:

the same cannot be said 4 inception. Inception started with a small idea- that dreams can be shared and d rest followed
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by JeSoul(f): 6:41pm On Dec 01, 2010
montelik:

Mehn I like this montelik guy and his sharp comebacks  grin
The complaint is Salt was not realisticgrin  grin  grin  grin  grin which movie is? Inception? grin grin grin grin
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by eldee(m): 6:55pm On Dec 01, 2010
JeSoul:

Mehn I like this montelik guy and his sharp comebacks  grin
The complaint is Salt was not realisticgrin  grin  grin  grin  grin which movie is? Inception? grin  grin  grin  grin

Difference is, one is Sci-Fi and one is Jack Bauer. . . the degree of truth expected is not the same for both.

As in, Inception had a far-fetched idea, Salt had a far-fetched plot.
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by JeSoul(f): 7:13pm On Dec 01, 2010
^well said. I guess the "degree of truth expected" is the issue but still . . . if the complaint is about the "unrealistic-ness" of a movie - it is not a legitimate complaint, because movies by definition are not realistic.

These same people will be screaming for joy when Jack Bauer goes 24hrs without taking a pee or poo or sleeping a second, or returning 10mins later from a gunshot wound, or appearing fresh minutes after a brutal interrogation session. Nothing on TV is "realistic" jor grin and rightfully so.
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by eldee(m): 7:45pm On Dec 01, 2010
JeSoul:

^well said. I guess the "degree of truth expected" is the issue but still . . . if the complaint is about the "unrealistic-ness" of a movie - it is not a legitimate complaint, because movies by definition are not realistic.

These same people will be screaming for joy when Jack Bauer goes 24hrs without taking a pee or poo or sleeping a second, or returning 10mins later from a gunshot wound, or appearing fresh minutes after a brutal interrogation session. Nothing on TV is "realistic" jor grin and rightfully so.

There are breaks in 24, that's why episode 40 minutes. . . he pees and eats, we jut don't see it, except the occasional coffee.

There's a difference between that and AJ breaking into the White House and 'I didn't do it' escape. . . even as Jack Bauer as Jack Bauer is, he couldn't arrest that George Bush incarnate.
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by JeSoul(f): 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2010
eldee:

There are breaks in 24, that's why episode 40 minutes. . . he pees and eats, we jut don't see it, except the occasional coffee.
  cheesy and how does he recover so fast from gunshot and stab wounds? He is brutally interrogated but then gets up and walks away like say na massage dem give am.

There's a difference between that and AJ breaking into the White House and 'I didn't do it' escape. . . even as Jack Bauer as Jack Bauer is, he couldn't arrest that George Bush incarnate.
Personally I see no difference. What I honestly think is if Salt (female) had been Salter (male), we would not be having this discussion. Its because its a she, the fellas are having trouble taking her seriously as they would Jason Bourne or Bauer or Bond.
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by eldee(m): 8:32pm On Dec 01, 2010
JeSoul:

cheesy and how does he recover so fast from gunshot and stab wounds? He is brutally interrogated but then gets up and walks away like say na massage dem give am.

Jack was always on drugs. . . since Season 4 or sumn.
And we always saw them inject him and clean him up whenever the teams came around.

JeSoul:

Personally I see no difference. What I honestly think is if Salt (female) had been Salter (male), we would not be having this discussion. Its because its a she, the fellas are having trouble taking her seriously as they would Jason Bourne or Bauer or Bond.

Heheh . . .Playing the gender card eh?? We've seen Michelle Yeoh in tomorrow never dies kick James Bond's ass and it didn;t seem weird, this is just different.
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by JeSoul(f): 9:17pm On Dec 01, 2010
eldee:

Jack was always on drugs. . . since Season 4 or sumn.
And we always saw them inject him and clean him up whenever the teams came around.
   smiley common now eldee . . . common, no amount of paramedic first-aid can cure a man that fast - abi Jack has wolverine's quick-healing abilities? grin No amount of gauze, saline and band-aid can heal a gunshot wound in 20 mins.   

Heheh . . .Playing the gender card eh?? We've seen Michelle Yeoh in tomorrow never dies kick James Bond's backside and it didn;t seem weird, this is just different.
Not really playing the card per se . . . this discussion came up on another thread and the trend I noticed is all the guys disliked Salt and all the girls liked it - same here. The only conclusion I can arrive at is gender bias - add that to the fact Jolie is frequently seen as a sex symbol - casting her as a badass spy is tough.

All in all, I am upset at the haters of this movie, cos they're going to deny me the pleasure of a part two ever being made  angry  grin
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by eldee(m): 9:44pm On Dec 01, 2010
JeSoul:

smiley common now eldee . . . common, no amount of paramedic first-aid can cure a man that fast - abi Jack has wolverine's quick-healing abilities? grin No amount of gauze, saline and band-aid can heal a gunshot wound in 20 mins.   

Come on . . . we saw many cases of him fainting after bandages got soaked in blood, it's Jack Bauer.

JeSoul:

Not really playing the card per se . . . this discussion came up on another thread and the trend I noticed is all the guys disliked Salt and all the girls liked it - same here. The only conclusion I can arrive at is gender bias - add that to the fact Jolie is frequently seen as a sex symbol - casting her as a badass spy is tough.

All in all, I am upset at the haters of this movie, cos they're going to deny me the pleasure of a part two ever being made  angry  grin

It's y'all that need to remove your gender bias. . . it's like when you see black people looking for Tyler Perry and Angela Basset at the Oscars.
I won't be talking about Salt if they didn't bring it next to Inception, which is a total insult. I blame it on the fact that it was a Bondless summer, so the only okay action movie becomes the one eyed man.

And you say Lara Croft is new to being an action star?? Hehehe . . . it's simple, Salt is taking Mission Impossible a bit too far and that's my only problem with it, and I don't have any problem with Jolie, she's bought her action cred with Wanted and Mr and Mrs Smith.
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by montelik(m): 9:52pm On Dec 01, 2010
eldee:

And I am sure he takes power naps during dis time as well grin. But seriously Inceptions dream within a dream, within a dream, within a dream, within another dream (with multiple kicks and what not) story line, plot, idea or whatever you call it, was also ridiculous. sci-fi movie or not. I mean see how many bullets were shot at them in their various dream worlds, yet none hit them (excepts the Asian dude).
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by eldee(m): 9:58pm On Dec 01, 2010
montelik:

And I am sure he takes power naps during dis time as well grin. But seriously Inceptions dream within a dream, within a dream, within a dream, within another dream (with multiple kicks and what not) story line, plot, idea or whatever you call it, was also ridiculous. sci-fi movie or not. I mean see how many bullets were shot at them in their various dream worlds, yet none hit them.

I've been doing 36 hours every year for my first exam since high school, telling Jack Bauer to sleep when a building is about to blow up in Manhattan is laughable.

Bout Inception, it's called suspended disbelief . . . it's the reason why they call the genre Science-Fiction. What you're doing is like asking 'why can Spiderman climb those walls and I can't??'
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by JeSoul(f): 10:05pm On Dec 01, 2010
eldee doesn't want to admit the "unrealistic-ness" of 24's Jack Bauer  grin issok.

I dunno how ppl can open their eye and praise Inception for the very same characteristic they insult Salt for - genre difference or not. Movies by definition are usually not realistic. Eldee, no be you just post video wey talk say -
'Just because an idea is overly complex doesn't make it cool, it sounds like a very silly idea
 grin

And@topic,
I also dunno why Inception has become something of an "elitist" movie for "brilliant" people  grin the only thing required is your attention (and patience if I may add), not intellect. You ppl are making me diss this movie - I actually liked it self (minus that yeye soundtrack).
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by eldee(m): 10:18pm On Dec 01, 2010
JeSoul:

eldee doesn't want to admit the "unrealistic-ness" of 24's Jack Bauer  grin issok.

Jack Bauer is unrealistic, but you guys are taking the trivial things. . . there's a difference between 'Jack Bauer doesn't pee' and major plot blunders like the one Seun highlighted in the final season.

JeSoul:

I dunno how ppl can open their eye and praise Inception for the very same characteristic they insult Salt for - genre difference or not. Movies by definition are usually not realistic. Eldee, no be you just post video wey talk say -  grin

I was just laughing at the people that think Inception is an IQ test. . . the reason why people like it is irrelevant, it's this summer's best by a mile, it's so far ahead of the rest of em that cinemas in the UK got tired and screened a Nollywood movie. grin grin

The Iphone is a good phone, the fact that people get it because it looks cool is irrelevant, it's still a good phone.
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by montelik(m): 10:24pm On Dec 01, 2010
I guess we see d things differently. Many people classify Inception as a sci-fi movie but I see it as more of a action/sci-fi film. For a supposed sci-fi flick it had a whole lot bullets flying, karate kicks and kung fu chops. Most sci-fi flicks don't have the volume straight laced action Inception contained. In my view tagging Inception as a sci-fi film is an incomplete description. It felt more similar to d typical action movie than most sci-fi films. Hence I will judge some of its content by the same standards as Salt.
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by eldee(m): 1:53pm On Dec 02, 2010
montelik:

I guess we see d things differently. Many people classify Inception as a sci-fi movie but I see it as more of a action/sci-fi film. For a supposed sci-fi flick it had a whole lot bullets flying, karate kicks and kung fu chops. Most sci-fi flicks don't have the volume straight laced action Inception contained. In my view tagging Inception as a sci-fi film is an incomplete description. It felt more similar to d typical action movie than most sci-fi films. Hence I will judge some of its content by the same standards as Salt.

But at the end of the day, the fiction part is still the most important feature of the movie. The fact that they used guns is irrelevant, they weren't going to die even if they got shot, it's a Sci-fi movie not a documentary.

It's just like saying Superman is flawed because he beats everyone. . . so what if it's got more action than the average movie, it's not an action flick and hence will not be judged with the same yardstick.
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by johnsnathe: 7:08am On Dec 06, 2010
Salt is best movie ever,I have downloaded and watch salt online.

Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by xlangley: 1:40pm On Dec 07, 2010
I have seen both the movies and have equally liked them but in comparison i like Inception a bit more.Inception truly is a classy movie its concept,canvas,visualizations were way too excellent.
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2010
[size=13pt]Thank you dear. . . wink[/size]

montelik:

Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 23, 2010
if salt was acted by an unknown actress, guess we woldnt be having this thread. if inception was also acted by unknown actors, it would still be a cult classic( event horizon, dark city etc) maybe in the future perhaps.
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by ritchboy(m): 8:59pm On Dec 23, 2010
Inception is easily the best movie of 2010. . .

Salt is only marginally better than The Expendables, which was utter crap! cheesy
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by iice(f): 8:03am On Dec 24, 2010
Darthmaul:

if salt was acted by an unknown actress, guess we woldnt be having this thread. if inception was also acted by unknown actors, it would still be a cult classic( event horizon, dark city etc) maybe in the future perhaps.

Exactly cheesy
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by viruz007(m): 1:00pm On Dec 24, 2010
2 dem dudez who say salt is crappy, u guyz really nid 2 sit down and hav d movie part of ur brain checked. And who said russia, d great mother russia cld nt infiltrate all u.s tiers of security? Men u nid 2 read more ludlum, tom clancy books. Chiwetel let her go afta receiving a text dat her fingerprints wer found on d barge wer d russian bodies wer found. Mehn jst say u beef A. Jolie cuz salt 4 me 8/10. Inception, 1 word i gat 4 da movie, Wicked! cool
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by medjai(m): 6:11pm On Dec 24, 2010
Two great movies but my best movie for 2010 is 'Ninja Assassin'
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by AjanleKoko: 9:00pm On Dec 30, 2010
Inception is more gripping. I'd give it to Inception.
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by pkasso(m): 1:26pm On Jan 04, 2011
Salt had more of an underlying espionage plot while Inception was more of sci-fi.Hmmn i will go for Salt cos of A.J grin
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by watsonlove: 12:04pm On Jan 08, 2011
It's gloriously absurd. This movie has holes in it big enough to drive the whole movie through. The laws of physics seem to be suspended here the same way as in a Road Runner cartoon.

Inception does a difficult thing. It is wholly original, cut from new cloth, and yet structured with action movie basics so it feels like it makes more sense than (quite possibly) it does.

Watch Salt online | Watch Inception Online
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by WackyJ1(m): 8:33pm On Jan 08, 2011
watsonlove:

It's gloriously absurd. This movie has holes in it big enough to drive the whole movie through. The laws of physics seem to be suspended here the same way as in a Road Runner cartoon.

You're talking about salt right?
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by Evagreenfields: 8:35pm On Jan 12, 2011
medjai:

Two great movies but my best movie for 2010 is 'Ninja Assassin'
awwwwww that movie was the bomb
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by queensmith: 1:35pm On Jan 13, 2011
INCEPTION INCEPTION INCEPTION!!!!!!

i started watching salt and dosed off. . . . . . . goes to show!
Re: Salt And Inception-the Best Of The Two? by pkasso(m): 3:34pm On Jan 13, 2011
watsonlove:

Inception does a difficult thing. It is wholly original, cut from new cloth, and yet structured with action movie basics so it feels like it makes more sense than (quite possibly) it does.

Watch Salt online | Watch Inception Online
Lots of misplaced posts on Nairaland.The above is just one of them

(1) (2) (Reply)

Someone Just Lost N4,750,000 On Who Wants To Be A Millionaire / SCORPION Fans ..... Come In Let's Talk / Channels Television - Nigeria's Award Winning Television Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.