Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

As A Christian Afflicted With A Strange Disease, Would You Consult A Herbalist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christian Afflicted With A Strange Disease, Would You Consult A Herbalist? (298 Views)

How A Pastor Who Hijacked An Rccg Parish Was Afflicted With Leprosy / Testimony Of How A Herbalist Who Tried To Kill Me Died Instead Of Me / My Only Brother Has Been Afflicted With Mental Illness Because Of Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Christian Afflicted With A Strange Disease, Would You Consult A Herbalist? by yeyebrity: 9:15pm On Oct 10, 2019
This question must have been raised and trashed before, but I deemed it necessary to throw it out and hear your individual opinions.

When I was a kid, a neighbour of mine suddenly developed a swelling on his legs. Within a couple of days, he suffered a complete paralysis of the legs, and was unable to walk.

He was taken to a hospital,but there was no medical diagnosis for his ailment. His family resulted to prayers, and apparently, all the prayer men consulted revealed that his ailment was spiritual, and that a colleague was responsible for his condition.

The prayer men individually prayed and fasted for him all to no avail. His condition grew worse, and just when his family resigned to fate, a relative suggested that he should be taken to a 'powerful herbalist' for cure.

There were objections, cos the family were staunch Christians, and visiting a herbalist was against their beliefs. When his condition deteriorated, the family succumbed, and took him to a herbalist who was able to cure him. 25 years after, the man in the story is still alive and kicking.

There has been many of such stories of people who received their healing after patronizing a herbalist. There were also others who lost their lives cos consulting a herbalist was never an option.

So the question is, as a Christian, afflicted with a strange ailment, if there is no medical diagnosis for your ailment, would u patronize a herbalist in search of a cure?
Re: As A Christian Afflicted With A Strange Disease, Would You Consult A Herbalist? by Ladylite: 9:51pm On Oct 10, 2019
yeyebrity:
This question must have been raised and trashed before, but I deemed it necessary to throw it out and hear your individual opinions.

When I was a kid, a neighbour of mine suddenly developed a swelling on his legs. Within a couple of days, he suffered a complete paralysis of the legs, and was unable to walk.

He was taken to a hospital,but there was no medical diagnosis for his ailment. His family resulted to prayers, and apparently, all the prayer men consulted revealed that his ailment was spiritual, and that a colleague was responsible for his condition.

The prayer men individually prayed and fasted for him all to no avail. His condition grew worse, and just when his family resigned to fate, a relative suggested that he should be taken to a 'powerful herbalist' for cure.

There were objections, cos the family were staunch Christians, and visiting a herbalist was against their beliefs. When his condition deteriorated, the family succumbed, and took him to a herbalist who was able to cure him. 25 years after, the man in the story is still alive and kicking.

There has been many of such stories of people who received their healing after patronizing a herbalist. There were also others who lost their lives cos consulting a herbalist was never an option.

So the question is, as a Christian, afflicted with a strange ailment, if there is no medical diagnosis for your ailment, would u patronize a herbalist in search of a cure?

Wow, over to you jesusjnr

Me personally would rather die than consult but then everyone's faith is different. Am not a miracle or power seeker, I am not a perfect Christian too but I love the person of Jesus.....

If herbalists could solve what men of God who prayed IN THE NAME OF JESUS then what is the point....

Every person who can quote scriptures and see visions want to open church these days... So me am just tired of what we call church ministry in naija... No body is really having complete power like Jesus and his apostles.
Re: As A Christian Afflicted With A Strange Disease, Would You Consult A Herbalist? by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:56pm On Oct 10, 2019
Yes
Re: As A Christian Afflicted With A Strange Disease, Would You Consult A Herbalist? by majamajic(m): 10:11pm On Oct 10, 2019
Herbalists are doctors in traditional form

using herbs created by God

abi u wan die like that ?

some medical problems are beyond medical doctors or expensive
Re: As A Christian Afflicted With A Strange Disease, Would You Consult A Herbalist? by UceeGod: 11:19pm On Oct 10, 2019
If the herbalists you're referring to are those who consult dark (demonic) powers, then be sure to receive repercussions. Take it or leave it, that's the bitter truth people who take that path won't tell you.
Christ is the only Source of joy (true hapiness). The only solution to ALL problems bedevilling the human race is in Christ, the devil and his demons only give Greek gifts with worse problems.
Re: As A Christian Afflicted With A Strange Disease, Would You Consult A Herbalist? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 10, 2019
Ladylite:

Wow, over to you jesusjnr

Me personally would rather die than consult but then everyone's faith is different. Am not a miracle or power seeker, I am not a perfect Christian too but I love the person of Jesus.....

If herbalists could solve what men of God who prayed IN THE NAME OF JESUS then what is the point....

Every person who can quote scriptures and see visions want to open church these days... So me am just tired of what we call church ministry in naija... No body is really having complete power like Jesus and his apostles.

Hmmm.

This is the reason I stress the need for the faith of christians to be built on a stronger foundation, because these are trying moments that Jesus describes as the storms which Satan brings one's way to make someone fall.

For in occasions as these, just being a "staunch" Christian would not be enough, but it takes an unshakable foundation rooted upon God's Word to be able to withstand the onslaught of the enemy.

Though I'd advice that you take this story with a pinch of salt for there's a possibility that this story was deviced to glorify Satan, and may not be a true story, if it truly happened, it wouldn't be surprising because Satan was the one behind the guys affliction in the first place.

However something had to give for that to happen, and it's not surprising that crucial part was left out of this story, for Satan who comes not to man but to steal, kill and destroy, would never give any man anything for free. Never.

It's a good thing that you'd are willing not to consult, but trust me, it's easier said that done when you find yourself in such a situation, that's why it's good for your foundation to be sure first, so that when those storms come, it would speak for itself.

As for the power that Jesus and His apostles had, the reason the present church lacks it is because it lack the commitment and Word that Jesus and His apostles had.

But going by the signs, I believe that power is coming like it has not been in recent history, hence our efforts to prepare people's hearts, for there cannot be such an outpouring without the requisite preparation.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian Afflicted With A Strange Disease, Would You Consult A Herbalist? by malvisguy212: 12:05am On Oct 11, 2019
Genesis 9:3
Every moving thing that lives shall be food
for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I
give you everything.

herbs for cure , Yes. but for dark power, the Bible condemned it..Faith is TRUSTING GOD , God hears the prayers of the righteous. How strange it would be for us to ask God to regard our wishes and desires when we disregard His. While we earnestly endeavor to be obedient, God will hear our petitions; but He will not bless us in disobedience.

(1) (Reply)

Prophetic Night At ACFM, Obalende, Aisegba Ekiti / Question: "What Is A Whoremonger In The Bible?" / Stop Going To Your "Church"or Ministry If They Are Not Doing Deliveranceno Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.