Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria (18962 Views)

Buratai Arrests Soldiers Involved In Benue Killings, Hands Them Over To NHRC / The Fiery Volcanic Speech By Israeli Prime Minister At The UN General Assembly / Campaign Bill Boards Of President Jonathan Destroyed In Benue(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 06, 2010
Volcanic eruption in Benue, one person feared dead
A volcanic eruption has occurred at the mountainous Mkomon district of Kwande Local government of Benue State with one person feared dead while properties worth millions of Naira have also been destroyed.

Residents of the affected community have deserted their homes in search of safer place. Sources of portable water have been polluted by the heavy magma emitted from the eruption.

Vanguard gathered from eye witnesses that there were heavy vibrations around the mountains at the border with Cameroun Republic, followed by eruptions at six points on the mountainous terrain.

The vibrations spewed magma which covered streams and hand dug wells and the entire community leaving the people without portable water.

At the moment, there is panic amongst the people who are said to be cut off completely from the rest of the world as a result of the occurrence and damages to roads and bridges which was occasioned by the heavy vibration.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/volcanic-eruption-in-benue-one-person-feared-dead/
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by toluxa1(m): 4:08pm On Nov 06, 2010
Is this true? I saw it on The Sun too but it sounded quite unbelieveable. I've never heard such in Nigeria. We are definately at the end of days! God help us.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 4:10pm On Nov 06, 2010
Volcanic eruption in Nigeria? This should be the first time it's happening in Nigeria. I think God is getting impatient with us(Nigerians).
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by apoti(m): 4:11pm On Nov 06, 2010
I think it's true, it's all over the net, na only God fit save person for this world
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by sizzlers(m): 4:13pm On Nov 06, 2010
afam4eva:

Volcanic eruption in Nigeria? This should be the first time it's happening in Nigeria. I think God is getting impatient with us(Nigerians).
I dont think is the first time it has happened b4 at an unknown location
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by ElRazur: 4:14pm On Nov 06, 2010
Do we not have photographers in naija or something?  I am sceptical.

EDIT

Breaking news. Picture now added.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

(ElRazur owns the copy right to this image. Any naija media wey use my shitttt go get letters from my Lawyer)

grin
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by sizzlers(m): 4:16pm On Nov 06, 2010
ElRazur:

Do we not have photographers in naija or something? I am sceptical.
you need photos, dont worry when it will hit your village, i dont think you will need photographs again cheesy
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 4:16pm On Nov 06, 2010
ElRazur:

Do we not have photographers in naija or something? I am sceptical.

I think we'll see it first on CNN.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by sizzlers(m): 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2010
afam4eva:

after the local feeds then comes CNN
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by sizzlers(m): 4:20pm On Nov 06, 2010
Volcanic eruptions are always accompanied with earthquakes
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by ElRazur: 4:21pm On Nov 06, 2010
sizzlers:

you need photos,  dont worry when it will hit your village, i dont think you will need photographs again  cheesy

What a silly thing to say.

In most media organisation across the world, there is always a photo-journalist who take records through pictures etc. If this was in the western world, reporters will be there with camera and stuff. So I find it surprising that most news article in naija do not have some sort of photo with it. Even, when the news being reported is begging for one.

You do not have to get close to take a photo. You can be a good distance away and still take great shots.

afam4eva:

Shame isn't? But then you speak the truth.

sizzlers:

Not always true and misleading.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 4:21pm On Nov 06, 2010
sizzlers:

after the local feeds then comes CNN

You go wait tire. Na when all the foreign media houses don carry am finish na him local media go report am.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by edoyad(m): 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2010
Wow ! volcano in Benue ? First time we've had such around these parts.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by fASHCEO(m): 4:29pm On Nov 06, 2010
Natural disaster in a country that is ill prepared for such spells danger to us all. I guess it will take both FG and the state government of Benue to rescue the victims, anything earlier will signal hope in this country.

For phones, computers, ipods & other electronics, Check out Sales-Inland with the link below;
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by ElRazur: 4:31pm On Nov 06, 2010
edoyad:

Wow ! volcano in Benue ? First time we've had such around these parts.

Apparently, we have one active volcano in Nigeria. however it is said to be located in the cameroonian borders etc.

http://www.volcanolive.com/biu.html

I am not so sure if this is true.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 4:32pm On Nov 06, 2010
As if the economic and political disasters are not enough.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by LRNZH(m): 4:34pm On Nov 06, 2010
sizzlers:

Not true.

They are mutually exclusive processes that may trigger each other.
If you do not have a magma chamber beneath the surface you cannot get a volano.
Similarly earthquakes are due to earth plates readjusting themselves by stress release at the plate boundaries and do not need volcanoes to reach their stress thresholds.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by Beaf: 4:35pm On Nov 06, 2010
What a year for Nigeria! We turn 50 and get bombs as gifts; floods in the East, North and West; kidnappers take over Abia governance; the voices of crancky old bats like Ciroma and Kaita. . . Now earthquakes and volcanoes?!!!! shocked

Na wa! What are the portends?
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by ElRazur: 4:37pm On Nov 06, 2010
Beaf:

What a year for Nigeria! We turn 50 and get bombs as gifts; floods in the East, North and West; kidnappers take over Abia governance; the voices of crancky old bats like Ciroma and Kaita. . . Now earthquakes and volcanoes?!!!! shocked

Na wa! What are the portends?

Praise da lord.

A quick 7 day public holiday, accompany by fasting, service worships at the church, prayer at the mosque and traditional sacrifice of cows and goats will solve all of it.

True.

Just to add, this is all the work of the CIA and Zionist regime. It is all a plan to split us up by 2012.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by binhozie(m): 4:41pm On Nov 06, 2010
This is bullshiiiit. . .!
If there is a volcano, There has to be a picture!!!
Haba. . . angry
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by apoti(m): 4:42pm On Nov 06, 2010
fASH-CEO:

Natural disaster in a country that is ill prepared for such spells danger to us all. I guess it will take both FG and the state government of Benue to rescue the victims, anything earlier will signal hope in this country.

that is if both FG and d state goverment are prepared for it, we not known to be proactive in this country
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by Odunnu: 4:43pm On Nov 06, 2010
This is scary! Enugu has a border with Benue,now i'm more scared!
No pictures yet because the people have been cut off from the society
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 4:45pm On Nov 06, 2010
There was once a rumour of an earthwake in south-western Nigeria. Not a rumour. Findings.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by ElRazur: 4:46pm On Nov 06, 2010
Odunnu:

This is scary! Enugu has a border with Benue,now i'm more scared!
No pictures yet because the people have been cut off from the society

Why are you scared? In worst case scenario, there will be ashes everywhere. I very much doubt the molten lava will travel far and cross the border into your state.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by frgy1: 4:50pm On Nov 06, 2010
ElRazur:

Praise da lord.

A quick 7 day public holiday, accompany by fasting, service worships at the church, prayer at the mosque and traditional sacrifice of cows and goats will solve all of it.

True.

Just to add, this is all the work of the CIA and Zionist regime. It is all a plan to split us up by 2012.
CIA cause volcanic eruption.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by ogagusps3: 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2010
This is scary!!!!!! shocked
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2010
ElRazur:

Why are you scared? In worst case scenario, there will be ashes everywhere. I very much doubt the molten lava will travel far and cross the border into your state.
I just hope it doesn't.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by chyz(m): 4:52pm On Nov 06, 2010
This is BS. These people will do and say anything just to push there agenda. All of this clamor of hell and brimstones going on in this country is just the works of a plan to split nigeria up. They are trying to cause mayhem. A damn Volcano[b]?[/b]!You've got to be kidding me.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by ElRazur: 4:52pm On Nov 06, 2010
frgy_:

CIA cause volcanic eruption.

Haven't you heard they were also responsible for the haiti earthquakes. No jokes. All the "facts" are here on nairaland.

[s]Hopefully, you understand sarcasm.[/s]
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by ElRazur: 4:54pm On Nov 06, 2010
chyz:

This is BS. These people will do and say anything just to push there agenda. All of this clamor of hell and brimstones going on in this country is just the works of a plan to split nigeria up. They are trying to cause mayhem. A damn Volcano[b]?[/b]!You've got to be kidding me.

Yes you are correct. Let's blame the CIA.

In the mean time, any actual report or sighting of this active volcano?
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 5:00pm On Nov 06, 2010
Not even a single Picture,na wa o
When a poorly built and over-populated building collapse,it might in some quarters be classed as an earthquake or VE undecided
RIP to the dead boy.
Re: Volcanic Eruption In Benue State Nigeria by Beaf: 5:00pm On Nov 06, 2010
The thing might be more widespread than our severely crippled press is reporting.

Some residents in Enugu told Saturday Tribune that the people of the state are not feeling the impact of the ecological funds, pointing out that even when Ugwu-Eme community in Awgu Local Government Area was recently hit by a volcano as well as Ngwo-Uno in Udi Local Government Area of the state which experienced tornadoes, little or nothing was heard from the authorities.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/features/2408-why-states-still-suffer-from-disasters.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine / Court Stops Impeachment Move Against Mahadi Aliyu Gusau Over Refusal To Defect / Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.