Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,205 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma (18952 Views)

Obi's Egypt Lies Surface As FG Begins Siemens Power Equipment Installation / Peter Obi's Egypt Trip: Paul Arkwright Replies Sowore / How Overhauling Of SARS Will Benefit Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by ghettokid1(m): 9:29pm On Jun 16, 2022
Valentine Obienyem, the media adviser to Peter Obi, says the Labour Party presidential candidate’s trip to Egypt will benefit Nigerians.

He said this in a statement issued on Thursday, a few days after the former Anambra governor explained that he embarked on the trip to understudy the North African country’s power sector. The move generated heated debates among Nigerians with critics faulting the trip.

But Obienyem says “the knowledge he (Obi) has gained will be useful to Nigeria weather he becomes president or not”.

The media aide noted that while Obi respects the opinion of others, “they should also permit us to tell them that Obi actually travelled specifically for the reason he mentioned”.

He re-echoed the former governor’s reason for the trip, wondering why such a decision triggered criticisms.

“On Tuesday, the 14th of June, 2022, Mr. Peter Obi informed Nigerians via his Twitter handle of his trip to Egypt, to understudy by what miracle the third biggest economy in Africa after South Africa and Nigeria moved their power generation from 20,000 Megawatts to over 40,000 megawatts in four years,” the statement added.

“Ironically, Nigeria has remained fixated on 4,000 megawatts since Adam. Why would such a useful trip set tongues wagging? I read many comments on Mr. Peter Obi’s trip.”

“Any sedulous listener to Obi would have heard him say that learning and leadership are interwoven: a leader must be humble at all times to learn from the high and the low to the extent of studying or learning from existing templates or countries that have done correctly what one’s own is not able to do. This is the full essence of the Egyptian trip,” he added.

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/06/16/obis-egypt-trip-will-benefit-nigerians-whether-he-becomes-president-or-not-spokesman/#:~:text=Obi%E2%80%99s%20Egypt%20Trip%20Will%20Benefit%20Nigerians%20Whether%20He%20Is%20President%20Or%20Not%2D%20Spokesman

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:56pm On Jun 16, 2022
me na obidient fc.

129 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by shigishege: 10:21pm On Jun 16, 2022
grin but I wonder if Peter obi claim to have gotten these educational qualifications from those prestigious institution in advance countries and still need to go and be studying Egypt to develop his country.

Is it that he has not seen any single meaningful concept from all his education and exposure to at least do something meaningful for Nigeria even without going to Egypt??

359 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by Oilwell(m): 10:42pm On Jun 16, 2022
shigishege:
grin but I wonder if Peter obi claim to have gotten these educational qualifications from those prestigious institution in advance countries and still need to go and be studying Egypt to develop his country.

Is it that he has not seen any single meaningful concept from all his education and exposure to at least do something meaningful for Nigeria even without going to Egypt??

Bros pity for yourself na if the country better tomorrow, it will benefit you and your children. we all can't run to canada.
meanwhile I pray that God will bless you and open doors of favour for you through out this month.

P0 2023

253 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by ysth(m): 11:22pm On Jun 16, 2022
shigishege:

You sound like a dunce and an illiterate. You didnt even deem it fit to compare what he studied in harvard etc with what he went to study in Egypt to know they are totally different sectors. What you dont know is bigger than you, until you humble yourself to learn, which is what peter obi is doing. I even doubt if you have ever crossed the border of this country talk more of having 24/7 light?

182 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 16, 2022
Mr Peter Obi. I stand with you. I am with the youth. I am with the truth. so i am with you. Votes count or not.. I go vote you.

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by shigishege: 10:49am On Jun 17, 2022
ysth:

You sound like a dunce and an illiterate. You didnt even deem it fit to compare what he studied in harvard etc with what he went to study in Egypt to know they are totally different sectors. What you dont know is bigger than you, until you humble yourself to learn, which is what peter obi is doing. I even doubt if you have ever crossed the border of this country talk more of having 24/7 light?
flatinoe so your man did not study anything related to development in school??

309 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by shigishege: 10:56am On Jun 17, 2022
Oilwell:

Bros pity for yourself na if the country better tomorrow, it will benefit you and your children. we all can't run to canada.
meanwhile I pray that God will bless you and open doors of favour for you through out this month.

P0 2023
You are a very wonderful man. You must be a real Yoruba man with this your comments. Very simple and peaceful. See I'm not surporting any politician. I'm only surporting my tribe. You can never see me celebrate any politician through my comments. Either obi, Tinubu Atiku or anyone else. I'm only for Yoruba race and wwhatsoever it represents.

So by implication, if Tinubu or Osinbajo, Yoruba men, come forward to contest for president, I must surport them. The same way an hausa man will surport Buhari no matter how failure he may be and Igbo man will surport Obi matter how he lies or stingy. So its a must and obligation for me to support Tinubu if he is the one to contest for president before I support any other person else.

God bless you too.

304 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by ysth(m): 1:09pm On Jun 17, 2022
shigishege:
flatinoe so your man did not study anything related to development in school??
Fool. The people you elected up there, what impact have the made either without any studies? Its his personal money he used for the trip, not yours, I doubt you even have money for a 3 day trip to Cameron talk more of Egypt. Empty headed numbskull.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by Goldenkrezi: 1:10pm On Jun 17, 2022
Peter Obi is the next President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by ghettokid1(m): 1:30pm On Jun 17, 2022
cc, lalasticlala
cc, mynd44
Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 17, 2022
shigishege:

Mehn.. are you sure you really thought out this your comment?.. you have an African country that improved its power to 60,000MW in 10years, 10,000 factories in 5years and yet you say there is no knowledge to gain there?.. same African country you were once better than, but now you are no where in 1-15 position.. haba, how do you guys reason honestly... sometimes, one wonders if your kind actually want good for this country..

Vote right, vote labour, vote peter obi...

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by shigishege: 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2022
Esseite:

Mehn.. are you sure you really thought out this your comment?.. you have an African country that improved its power to 60,000MW in 10years, 10,000 factories in 5years and yet you say there is no knowledge to gain there?.. same African country you were once better than, but now you are no where in 1-15 position.. haba, how do you guys reason honestly... sometimes, one wonders if your kind actually want good for this country..

Vote right, vote labour, vote peter obi...
most of you followers of these Peter are illiterate. Can you point out where I ever said there is nothing to gain in his journey to Egypt?? What I'm asking is what you should answer. I was asking if none of all his educational qualifications teach him anything like development that he now needs to go to Egypt to learn how to develop his country??

292 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by espn(m): 2:58pm On Jun 17, 2022
Kikikikikiki

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by mcmukoko12(m): 2:58pm On Jun 17, 2022
C
Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by temitope27(m): 2:59pm On Jun 17, 2022
Egypt no dey in 2019 abi, y e no go there.

Everything na eye Service joor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by omooba969(m): 2:59pm On Jun 17, 2022
Peter Obi is just faffing around - very unserious black man.

Mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by Tulsaguy: 3:00pm On Jun 17, 2022
I come in peace to witness Vayolence from Pitoby intolerant supporters......

3 Likes

Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by Newyorkitis(m): 3:00pm On Jun 17, 2022
Following keenly and Obi-diently.

4 Likes

Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by Reallysimple: 3:00pm On Jun 17, 2022
The thing with this Obi guy is he's trying too much to be 'messiah-like.'

He's trying too much to be too perfect and usually people like him are incompetent and bereft of actual value creating ideas.

You're not President yet, you're taking trips to 'understudy' power generation. All to Garner cheap social media points.

If this dude was actually smart enough he'd realize that he's already won the election on social media. Nows the time to consolidate his social media influence and angle for the grass root because na there Tinubu and Atiku dey plan use 4 by 4 knack am.

Instead na to dey speak rubbish English up and down with boilerplate 'solutions' for all of Nigeria's problems.

Tinubu and Atiku are busy buying up all the traditional rulers they know. You're busy doing photo ops in Egypt.

You will learn much like Goodluck Jonathan that elections are not won on social media.

8 Likes

Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by OgunleyeA1: 3:00pm On Jun 17, 2022
We buy Human toes for $40,000. is this REAL?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrLlJa81VYk
Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2022
shigishege:
most of you followers of these Peter are illiterate. Can you point out where I ever said there is nothing to gain in his journey to Egypt?? What I'm asking is what you should answer. I was asking if none of all his educational qualifications teach him anything like development that he now needs to go to Egypt to learn how to develop his country??

So in your imagination, education is no longer continuous?.. most of his accrued education has been on Business development and executive management, he evidently went to Egypt for Electrical power purpose.. how does that in anyway concern the trainings he once had?..

Mehn... its pathetic honestly.. you could just acknowledge him and move on.

Vote right, vote labour, vote Peter obi...

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by Goodnigga: 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2022
shigishege:

As an Obidient, it is either that he is jittering or bereft of ideas. No VP in sight yet. No engaging the youth on how he wants to win the election. Not just what he could do but how he wants to win the South & the North and he thinks Egypt is his only problem for now as if Power is the only problem of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by temitope27(m): 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2022
shigishege:

free toto for you tonight � ur head dey there my geee

3 Likes

Re: Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma by Zelenskyy(m): 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2022
Egypt Moved from 20,000 - 40,000 Megawatts in 4 years...

While Nigeria with a much larger population is still grappling with less than 10,000 Megawatts since Adam ?

Oh God.... Who do us this thing ooo !

Save my Generation from Darkness and Erratic power supply.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Geometric Power Plant In Aba Set For Commissioning In February / Senate To Malami: You Lack The Power To Prosecute Saraki, Ekweremadu / Ondo Election: PDP Heads To Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.