Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,471 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! (8297 Views)

The Mixed Reactions Between Obj And Gej At The Handover Ceremony / GEJ At A PDP Rally In Akure On Saturday - Beautiful Pic / 'God Chose Us' - GEJ At National Breakfast Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by Mbeki: 6:35pm On Nov 06, 2010
What is GEJ doing at the Silver Bird 30th anniversary watching some bunch of american black chics winning their waist while he's not gone to Benue state to access the damages caused by the recent volcanic eruption? What does these kind of action portrays.
Even the foreign affairs minister is there with him, instead of putting pressure on the the Iranian embassy to produce the deadly weapon dealer that is hiding in their embassy. What a government?
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by Mbeki: 8:03pm On Nov 06, 2010
Minimum wage issue still unresolved!
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by squad1: 8:08pm On Nov 06, 2010
i cant just vote for ds guy, $200Million for wat again?
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by slap1(m): 8:13pm On Nov 06, 2010
Yeah, saw him too! Ok, what's wrong with his being there? Will his absence at the event solve the problems of Nigeria? Some people just love making mountains out of a mole-hill.
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by Beaf: 8:14pm On Nov 06, 2010
There were probably several road accidents all over the country in which much more than one person died. Why don't you tossers ask Jonathan to visit all road accident scenes instead of being at the Silverbird anniversary??
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by Evagreenfields: 8:36pm On Nov 06, 2010
I liked ben brucez speech bt 200million dollarz,dats crazy.n wat 4?entertainment.i tink dat money should b channeld in 2 smoda sector bt nt d entertainment industry
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by squad1: 8:49pm On Nov 06, 2010
if he likes he shld go to d moon, i dnt av any problem wiv dat. im only concerned abt d money he is wasting,
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by Jarus(m): 9:43pm On Nov 06, 2010
Part of Adetokunbo Ademola was closed this afternoon because of this presidential movement.
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by dayokanu(m): 9:53pm On Nov 06, 2010
Jarus buzz me on IM pls. Did Loma graduate from Met and Mat?
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by slap1(m): 10:02pm On Nov 06, 2010
Jarus:

Part of Adetokunbo Ademola was closed this afternoon because of this presidential movement.
I don't think it's an isolated case, similar things happen in other countries. However, I think $200 million will do wonders to our educational system.
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by squad1: 6:08am On Nov 07, 2010
oh, ok, i think its N200million,
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by slap1(m): 6:55am On Nov 07, 2010
^^ He said N200 million in his speech but before cutting the cake, he corrected himself. $200 million.
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 07, 2010
N/Landers are just impossible!!!! shocked grin. So the President is not entitled to have a relaxing time in a conducive and relaxed enviroment with his friends and well-wishers?. All those opening thier loud mouths here will jump at an opportunity of an invite to such occasion.

The President is a human being after all said and done and deserved to enjoy his weekends in as much as we all look forward to enjoying our weekends. He is not the head of NEMA responsible and pay to take care of such emergencies.
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by squad1: 8:20am On Nov 07, 2010
slap1:

^^ He said N200 million in his speech but before cutting the cake, he corrected himself. $200 million.

i tot as much, bt all d websites av seen dis monin r reporting N200mil,
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by ochocinco1(m): 8:41am On Nov 07, 2010
Obama went to India while his country is grappling with a sizeable unemployment problem by its standards, and he is hearing it from left right and centre. Which is fair enough. Criticism is fair game in a sound society.

Jonathan presides over a nation that is pretty much on the precipice of collapse. Considering the myriad of problems this country faces, the last thing I want my President doing is to attend a shindig for the next twenty years.

The next time I see someone erect one of those ugly canopies, or put up one of those irritating banners to celebrate some stupid non- achievement. . . .Well what can I do. They will be a lot of irresponsible dolts baring sword willing to defend the indefensible.
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by Mbeki: 9:20am On Nov 07, 2010
Beaf:

There were probably several road accidents all over the country in which much more than one person died. Why don't you tossers ask Jonathan to visit all road accident scenes instead of being at the Silverbird anniversary??

Ur Op, doesn't marry here, there are burning issues that needed to be address, he's imploring the NLC not to embark on strike, while he's yet to agree to their demands, but he's quick to announce $200 million for whatever reason for entertainment!
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by squad1: 12:05pm On Nov 07, 2010
pls i need clarification. is it in $ or N? dis is d report av bin seeing on net since,
www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/jonathan-at-silverbird-at-30-n200m-lifeline-for-entertainment-industry/
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by 1025: 12:16pm On Nov 07, 2010
a man whose house is on fire is not expected to be chasing rats.
it is obvious nigeria is going down by the day. we are heading to a possible war with the ways and manners with which arms are floading this country.
a state of emergency was declared on the power sector by our president and six months on, we go from bad to worse. is possible silverbird owners are sponsoring GEJ 2011 unlike AIT .
if i have my ways, i will be happy to ask our president this; what if ur tenure ends today as the president of nigeria, what do u think nigerians will remember you for?
to me, that day jonathan forcefully brought ribadu back to nigeria and defile all judicial matters, he lost my respect and support.
ribadu stood or claimed to stand for justice but when he was invited by the same institution that he so much believed in, he refused to show up. now that he is vying for the presidency, is he hoping that nigerians will still go to court when invited or will he support the idea of running away from justice just like he did.
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by Nsiman(m): 12:28pm On Nov 07, 2010
@ the initiator of this thread, Critics can't just find anything good in someone. Shld gej go and sleep at benue? In ur wisdom it is the foreign affairs minister that should visit benue, not that of internal affair. Continue
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by slap1(m): 12:40pm On Nov 07, 2010
squad1:

pls i need clarification. is it in $ or N? dis is d report av bin seeing on net since,
www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/jonathan-at-silverbird-at-30-n200m-lifeline-for-entertainment-industry/
I WATCHED GEJ yesterday. He said N200 million when he made the speech after Ben Bruce. He sat together with the Foreign Affairs Minister, Odein Ajumogobia, Nduka Obaigbena of THISDAY, etc. When GEJ was called to cut the cake, he said he made a mistake, that he'd met with the finance minister and the actual amount is $200 million.
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by Mbeki: 4:47pm On Nov 07, 2010
Nsiman:

In your wisdom it is the foreign affairs minister that should visit benue, not that of internal affair. Continue

Read the post once more, the foreign affairs ministers should attend to the arm importation issue, that's what was posted there.
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by Nsiman(m): 4:53pm On Nov 07, 2010
@ mbeki, sorry about that
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by osy77(m): 6:23pm On Nov 07, 2010
$200m 4 entertainment industry? God help Nigeria angry angry
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by 1025: 8:08pm On Nov 07, 2010
@ the initiator of this thread, Critics can't just find anything good in someone. Shld gej go and sleep at benue? In your wisdom it is the foreign affairs minister that should visit benue, not that of internal affair. Continue

@Nsiman,
in economics, there is something we call; scale of prefference.
this is the arrangements of all our needs in their order of importance.
can a man whose children are hungry go and buy shoes for them? no food before shoes.
the number 1 problem of nigeria today is steady power supply and everyother thing will be secondary.
do u think ppl are not seeing our movies? they are seeing them but what do u expect from a country where electricity is not available and the security system is very bad?
with our situation now, if the devil will provide us with steady power supply, i bet u, many nigerians will become the devils loyalists.
jonathan a couple of months back declared emergency in the power sector and from my little knowledge of emergency, everyother thing must wait. so how long is emergency? maybe eternity.
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 07, 2010
slap1:

[size=18pt]WHAT?

NITORI OLODUMARE!!
[/size]
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by OmoTier1(m): 10:40pm On Nov 07, 2010
Nigerians are ever too quick to critize without having examined the issue critically! $200millon from the govt is even too small for an industry that earns the country over $350million in a year even without govt support yet this same industry is the 3rd /4th largest employer of labour in Nigeria. Come to think of it, if the Enugu movie village is fully functional as well as those in Lagos, Kano etc do you know how many people will be employed directly or indirectly? Again do you know how much financial support Hollywood gets from both the Federal and State govts. in the USA? Yes we know how many roads that amount can build, yes we know how many university theatre that can also build, but again I think it is not a bad move by the govt to recognize and encourage an industry which has largely survived on the Never die hard spirit of typical Nigerian. THe only down said to all this is that Nigeria tax system is not well sructured otherwise, within 18months, Nigeria would have recouped this money back in taxes from the same industry as more movie producers with very good movies would have emerged, resulting in increased sales hence more VAT/SALES tax for the govt! Lease you guys also forget, Nollywood is not just movies moviesmovies, Nollywood also are involved in Jingles/adverts, etc

For those blaming GEJ for attending the function, I think there is no basis for critizing GEJ for attending such a functon. Afterall when Yardua was in aso rock, same Nigerians complained that he was a sidon look president and now you have a president that socializes with different sectors of the Nigerian populace, you are still complaining! ha ba naija which one una no dey?
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by MaiSuya(m): 12:09am On Nov 08, 2010
200millon dollars, over 20 billion naira? for wetin?
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by PapaBrowne(m): 4:10am On Nov 08, 2010
Nigerians sincerely, are genuinely ignorant!! I think the 200 million dollars sef is too small! Do you guys have any idea how much jobs are being created in the entertainment sector The Entertainment sector is actually one of Nigeria's brightest shinning lights and it is fitting to spend even as much as 1 billion dollars to enhance development in the sector.

Mind you, America's superiority on the globe is propagated by it's dominance of the entertainment sector. It uses Hollywood and Music to colonize the whole world. We crave American culture, we follow everything American and in so doing we purchase American goods just to make us feel ideal. Infact, we have even gone as far as importing the American accent. It all happened because of the entertainment sector!!

So my fellow Nigerians, learn and gain understanding before you run your mouths in confident ignorance!!
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by ochocinco1(m): 6:07am On Nov 08, 2010
PapaBrowne:

Nigerians sincerely, are genuinely ignorant!! I think the 200 million dollars sef is too small! Do you guys have any idea how much jobs are being created in the entertainment sector The Entertainment sector is actually one of Nigeria's brightest shinning lights and it is fitting to spend even as much as 1 billion dollars to enhance development in the sector.

Mind you, America's superiority on the globe is propagated by it's dominance of the entertainment sector. It uses Hollywood and Music to colonize the whole world. We crave American culture, we follow everything American and in so doing we purchase American goods just to make us feel ideal. Infact, we have even gone as far as importing the American accent. It all happened because of the entertainment sector!!

So my fellow Nigerians, learn and gain understanding before you run your mouths in confident ignorance!!

And I hope you do not drown in your own misguided smugness.

So in your mind now, you have discovered a part solution for Nigeria's problems. A billion dollars is not enough he proclaims. Jeez, why stop there. Why not hand over the whole budget eh. . . .No amount is too much obviously.

Pray tell, how much of the government's money in America that you cite as an example
is ploughed into the entertainment sector. See how silly you now sound.

Perhaps now, if your mind is working a little better, you might
start to see other ways the government could help the entertainment industry without
meddling and falling prey to accusations of cronyism.

Like say the government could help with piracy and even with better allround infrastructure so the producers
make use of better facilities alongside the general populace.
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by naijaway(m): 7:38am On Nov 08, 2010
Like say the government could help with piracy and even with better allround infrastructure so the producers
make use of better facilities alongside the general populace

tru talk. infrastructure !!!!!!!!!!! that's the magic wand here.
Yes, not all infrastructure can be built by the govt but things like clean high grade roads to help their logistics when preparing for a shoot while also helping other populace in their activities, trains, affordable electricity inorder to cut them a slack in their generator upkeep and for the internal populace to have a means to watch the movies or shows, security, education, etc. Priorities whether visionary or necessary matter in nation developments. .
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by emibros: 9:17am On Nov 08, 2010
Some ppl here r pathetic,ign0rant,stupid and the list g0es on.1st & forem0st if u didn't watch d broadcast plz d0n't p0st like a physic,use ur head be4 u p0st alwayz think b4 u talk,p0st comments, and make extensive research, b4 u c0me here and critize. Mr president is the 1st of its kind in africa to pay attenti0n to entertainment ! Entertainment that u negative , po0r, nitwit & dumba.s.s fo.ols can't do without ! Imagine ur weddings without w0rk of arts being displayed! So think once again! Guy murray bruce is the best thing that has ever happened to entertainment in africa ! 4rm that pr0gramme he gave milli0ns of y0uth h0pe includin d d.i.c.k heads post negative about him! Go and see its branches in ghana,kenya, s.a etc employin alot of youth who neva had a dream of making a living in these vari0us c0untries ! ! And @ poster u r an ape,wonda who gave u liecense to internet 2 talk Poo about ur president ! D0n't u know ppl all over r viewing this,what kind of message r u mentally retarded son or daughter of wh0ever of a c0mmercial intimacy worker ! Fr0m ur p0st i can figure out that u r mentally retarded and pervert ! Oloshi wh0soeva ! Think think think !
Re: GEJ At Silver Bird Anniversary! by ochocinco1(m): 9:34am On Nov 08, 2010
emibros:

Some ppl here r pathetic,ign0rant,silly and the list g0es on.1st & forem0st if u didn't watch d broadcast plz d0n't p0st like a physic,use your head be4 u p0st alwayz think b4 u talk,p0st comments, and make extensive research, b4 u c0me here and critize. Mr president is the 1st of its kind in africa to pay attenti0n to entertainment ! Entertainment that u negative , po0r, nitwit & dumba.s.s fo.ols can't do without ! Imagine your weddings without w0rk of arts being displayed! So think once again! Guy murray bruce is the best thing that has ever happened to entertainment in africa ! 4rm that pr0gramme he gave milli0ns of y0uth h0pe includin d d.i.c.k heads post negative about him! Go and see its branches in ghana,kenya, s.a etc employin alot of youth who neva had a dream of making a living in these vari0us c0untries ! ! And @ poster u r an ape,wonda who gave u liecense  to internet  2 talk Poo about your president ! D0n't u know ppl all over r viewing this,what kind of message r u mentally retarded son or daughter of wh0ever of a c0mmercial intimacy worker ! Fr0m your p0st i can figure out that u r mentally retarded and pervert ! Oloshi wh0soeva ! Think think think !

I hear a rare Bonobo Monkey just escaped from the zoo in Umueleri. I hope there is a reward cause I am sure I have found IT!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Video Of Aki And Paw Paw's Visit To Flood Victims Camp In Delta State / Why Did Pastor Bosun warn nigerians against APC? / EFCC: We’ve Placed Top Politicians Under Surveillance To Check Vote-buying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.