Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,356 members, 7,829,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Psychosis And Fantasy - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Psychosis And Fantasy (2325 Views)

Biblical Literalism And Mental Psychosis-- HELL / Maybe Psychosis Or Something More / Psychosis; The Role Of Religion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Psychosis And Fantasy by LordReed(m): 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2019
shadeyinka:

Speak for yourself!
I have spoken for myself, I've never seen a virus. Is it not logical to speak of what one has experience of. How can I trust someone I've never met who claims to be a biologist and has seen a virus under the electron microscope. As long as I have not seen a virus by myself, it's still a measure of speculation. How can I know that the pictures of virus I saw in a textbook is not just a crystal of NaCl?

I know God. I have experienced Him. That I can speak of. If you haven't, too bad!

Speak of what you know and I speak of what I know.

How do you trust that the colour of the sky that you call blue is actually the colour of the sky I call blue?

Your experience of god is akin to the experience of a dream. The only thing you can be certain of is that you had a dream, no one else can experience your dream. You can only describe it. It will never be a shared experience so it is illogical to expect me to experience your dream, your god.

1 Like

Re: Psychosis And Fantasy by shadeyinka(m): 4:58am On Nov 19, 2019
LordReed:

How do you trust that the colour of the sky that you call blue is actually the colour of the sky I call blue?

Your experience of god is akin to the experience of a dream. The only thing you can be certain of is that you had a dream, no one else can experience your dream. You can only describe it. It will never be a shared experience so it is illogical to expect me to experience your dream, your god.
How can one trust that the colour of the sky that you call blue is actually the colour of the sky I call blue?
Everything measurement is relative even by an instrument. For the medium through which light moves may alter the wavelength of emitted light even before it has a chance of getting to the hundred million dollar optical measuring equipment. In other words, the important thing is that we agree that the consistent colour we are all perceiving from the sky is BLUE!

How can you be so self contradictory.
You said it is certain I had I had a dream that that no one else can experience my dream.
Of course, I am not asking you to experience MY dream. Experience the certainty of YOUR own dream: experience the reality of the spirit realm by yourself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Psychosis And Fantasy by LordReed(m): 12:03pm On Nov 19, 2019
shadeyinka:

How can one trust that the colour of the sky that you call blue is actually the colour of the sky I call blue?
Everything measurement is relative even by an instrument. For the medium through which light moves may alter the wavelength of emitted light even before it has a chance of getting to the hundred million dollar optical measuring equipment. In other words, the important thing is that we agree that the consistent colour we are all perceiving from the sky is BLUE!

How can you be so self contradictory.
You said it is certain I had I had a dream that that no one else can experience my dream.
Of course, I am not asking you to experience MY dream. Experience the certainty of YOUR own dream: experience the reality of the spirit realm by yourself.

So then you agree that in a shared reality we don't need trust in another person to establish reality. We can experience this shared reality independently and agree as to what it is we are experiencing.

You are asking me to experience your dream because if you were not, you'd be satisfied when my dream is not like yours.

The spirit realm has not been established to be reality that is why the dream analogy is appropriate. A dreamscape is not real, it is the figment of the imagination of the dreamer. It cannot be reproduced for others to experience. So it is with your so called spirit realm, it defies any attempt at investigation or replication. It is limited to personal experiences which like dreams are all in your head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Psychosis And Fantasy by shadeyinka(m): 8:59pm On Nov 19, 2019
LordReed:

So then you agree that in a shared reality we don't need trust in another person to establish reality. We can experience this shared reality independently and agree as to what it is we are experiencing.

You are asking me to experience your dream because if you were not, you'd be satisfied when my dream is not like yours.

The spirit realm has not been established to be reality that is why the dream analogy is appropriate. A dreamscape is not real, it is the figment of the imagination of the dreamer. It cannot be reproduced for others to experience. So it is with your so called spirit realm, it defies any attempt at investigation or replication. It is limited to personal experiences which like dreams are all in your head.
It's extremely difficult explaining what colour Blue or Pink means to a blind person . Even though we are surrounded by the same colour , the deficiency of his eye sight make him not to perceive and experience this shared reality.

You cannot share in my experience. Look for yours by OPENING YOUR EYES. With your eyes closed, you can't objectively or even subjectively see what is around you.

The spirit realm cannot be seen with your physical senses or instruments, hence how do you expect that it makes sense to insist on using such means to establish or disestablish the spiritual realm? It's like insisting on using the bathroom scale as a means of verifying the mass of an electron.

Open your eyes and you'll see what has always been around you. It's your choice to make!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Psychosis And Fantasy by LordReed(m): 9:08pm On Nov 19, 2019
shadeyinka:

It's extremely difficult explaining what colour Blue or Pink means to a blind person . Even though we are surrounded by the same colour , the deficiency of his eye sight make him not to perceive and experience this shared reality.

You cannot share in my experience. Look for yours by OPENING YOUR EYES. With your eyes closed, you can't objectively or even subjectively see what is around you.

The spirit realm cannot be seen with your physical senses or instruments, hence how do you expect that it makes sense to insist on using such means to establish or disestablish the spiritual realm? It's like insisting on using the bathroom scale as a means of verifying the mass of an electron.

Open your eyes and you'll see what has always been around you. It's your choice to make!

Thank you for confirming that this spirit realm is very much like a dream, perceived by the strength of your imagination.
Re: Psychosis And Fantasy by shadeyinka(m): 9:36pm On Nov 19, 2019
LordReed:

Thank you for confirming that this spirit realm is very much like a dream, perceived by the strength of your imagination.
Sorry. Don't twist what I've said. For clarity and in summary:

Our shared reality is perceived differently only because some individuals have their eyes SHUT TIGHTLY ( as a matter of their choice.)

Open your eyes and you'll see!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Psychosis And Fantasy by LordReed(m): 10:51pm On Nov 19, 2019
shadeyinka:

Sorry. Don't twist what I've said. For clarity and in summary:

Our shared reality is perceived differently only because some individuals have their eyes SHUT TIGHTLY ( as a matter of their choice.)

Open your eyes and you'll see!

You are using a metaphor and insisting that the metaphor is real. Exactly like a person insisting a dream is reality. LoL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Psychosis And Fantasy by shadeyinka(m): 12:10am On Nov 20, 2019
LordReed:

You are using a metaphor and insisting that the metaphor is real. Exactly like a person insisting a dream is reality. LoL
And you don't have any problems using the square root of -1 in physical computations!?

Sorry, I forgot, the answer is very real!

Like I said earlier: how can one explain the colour blue ànd pink to a blind man? It doesn't require any metaphor to understand that? ..does it?

Open your eyes and you'll see. No amount of daily Denials on Nairaland will dispel spiritual realities!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Psychosis And Fantasy by GoodMuyis(m): 6:43am On Nov 20, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

If these are all lies, why are you lurking in the shadows? "Atheists" lurking around here MAKES NO SENSE.
What are you trying to suppress?

Are all my recent posts truths or lies?

You should have questions why over 90 percent all the tribe in the whole world believe there is a superior power or authority. Most of then have one or the other deity before modern day religion get to them.

For example, Ifa worshipper in Nigeria have existed long before Christianity. Recently, there is a claims that their ifa recordnise Jesus as son of God

What you should start thinking is that why would over 90 percent of the world believe in superior authority
Re: Psychosis And Fantasy by GoodMuyis(m): 6:57am On Nov 20, 2019
LordReed:

Who told you dreamscape is not real? I have at several occasions dreamt about the future, others have done same as well.

Psychologist PhDs admit complexities of dreams, yet you that is yet published a blog post on dream says its not real. Please don't insult our collective reasoning

1 Like

Re: Psychosis And Fantasy by LordReed(m): 8:28am On Nov 20, 2019
GoodMuyis:

Who told you dreamscape is not real? I have at several occasions dreamt about the future, others have done same as well.

Psychologist PhDs admit complexities of dreams, yet you that is yet published a blog post on dream says its not real. Please don't insult our collective reasoning

Cartoons have predicted the future does that mean they are real?

Edit: find me a link to a psychologist who says dreams are real.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Psychosis And Fantasy by LordReed(m): 8:59am On Nov 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

And you don't have any problems using the square root of -1 in physical computations!?

Sorry, I forgot, the answer is very real!

Like I said earlier: how can one explain the colour blue ànd pink to a blind man? It doesn't require any metaphor to understand that? ..does it?

Open your eyes and you'll see. No amount of daily Denials on Nairaland will dispel spiritual realities!

No amount of daily assertions will make a fictional realm become real.
Re: Psychosis And Fantasy by shadeyinka(m): 9:14am On Nov 20, 2019
LordReed:

No amount of daily assertions will make a fictional realm become real.
I laugh in Swahili.
Since you don't have the experience, the joke is on you.

You are like a blind man who was told that Pawpaw leaves are green. He touched the leaf, smelt it , tasted it, listened to it and concluded:
"I CANNOT DETECT ANY GREEN COLOUR IN THIS LEAF" therefore colour green doesn't exist!

No amount of daily assertions will make it untrue that Pawpaw leaves are various shades of green.

So precarious is your case!
Open your eyes!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Psychosis And Fantasy by LordReed(m): 9:27am On Nov 20, 2019
shadeyinka:

I laugh in Swahili.

You are like a blind man who was told that Pawpaw leaves are green. He touched the leaf, smelt it , tasted it, listened to it and concluded:
"I CANNOT DETECT ANY GREEN COLOUR IN THIS LEAF" therefore colour green doesn't exist!

No amount of daily assertions will make it untrue that Pawpaw leaves are various shades of green.

Open your eyes!

Imaginary realms cannot be investigated thats why it requires dream like qualities to access them. No amount of daily assertions will change that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Psychosis And Fantasy by shadeyinka(m): 10:23am On Nov 20, 2019
LordReed:

Imaginary realms cannot be investigated thats why it requires dream like qualities to access them. No amount of daily assertions will change that.

shadeyinka:

I laugh in Swahili.

Open your eyes!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Psychosis And Fantasy by GoodMuyis(m): 3:06pm On Nov 20, 2019
LordReed:

Cartoons have predicted the future does that mean they are real?

Edit: find me a link to a psychologist who says dreams are real.

Cartoons are comic stories that follow the writer's idea. Such and idea is referred to as intuition. So where the writer got his idea from is subject to explanation.

You show me your research work on dream and i will give you link

I won't like to derail the topic any further

1 Like

Re: Psychosis And Fantasy by LordReed(m): 5:58pm On Nov 20, 2019
GoodMuyis:

Cartoons are comic stories that follow the writer's idea. Such and idea is referred to as intuition. So where the writer got his idea from is subject to explanation.

You show me your research work on dream and i will give you link

I won't like to derail the topic any further

Just as a dream is the figment of the imagination of the dreamer and is also subject to explanation.

LoL! So you were merely appealing to authority that you can't back up? Why am I not surprised.
Re: Psychosis And Fantasy by GoodMuyis(m): 6:02pm On Nov 20, 2019
LordReed:

Just as a dream is the figment of the imagination of the dreamer and is also subject to explanation.

LoL! So you were merely appealing to authority that you can't back up? Why am I not surprised.

So you meant to say a dreamer is making them up without substance, even though it forecast the future, isn't that what you are implying?

Am done with this

1 Like

Re: Psychosis And Fantasy by LordReed(m): 6:06pm On Nov 20, 2019
GoodMuyis:

So you meant to say a dreamer is making them up without substance, even though it forecast the future, isn't that what you are implying?

Am done with this

It is the modification of existing memories and most likely a scenario generator useful for problem solving, nothing supernatural about it. People forecast the future all the time from existing data, I don't know why that seems like magic to you.
Re: Psychosis And Fantasy by oaroloye(m): 7:42am On Nov 28, 2019
MISHIGAS!

Michellekabod2:
Hello Nairalanders,saw this on atheist republic forum.

Psychosis and Fantasy

https://www.nami.org/earlypsychosis

Psychosis - an umbrella term that an individual has sensory experiences of things that do not exist and or beliefs with no basis in reality.”
Your everything, your god or gods, the basis of your reality, is only due to your parents or community’s engrained psychosis.

I WAS INTERESTED TO LEARN THAT THERE IS NOW AN ATHEIST REPUBLIC WEBSITE- ANOTHER DAY; ANOTHER TRAILER PARK METH EXPLOSION- SO, I INVESTIGATED.

The first thing that I found out is that THEY WANT MONEY!

There is nothing new in that.

RICHARD DAWKINS, who condemned Christian Religion, which is responsible for the standard of living that he currently enjoys, basically for receiving money- the Head of Anglican Church is also the Head of the British Government- also demanded $80 to join his "REASON CIRCLE," according to a viral meme against him (the guy who coined the term).

Not that there is anything wrong with receiving money for services rendered. I just don't like the idea of paying to hear lies portrayed as Truth. If I wanted that, I'd subscribe to CABLE, and watch CNN, FOX NEWS, C-SPAN, and the CARTOON NETWORK. Those are funny.

The next thing I found out was that all this comes out of the mouth... or maybe the other end... of one ARMIN NAVABI- who is an IRANIAN MUSLIM APOSTATE.

That means that he is connected to those pesky SHIA ISLAMISTS who were causing trouble up North, several months ago.

I doubted that I would find much in the way of intelligent reasoning there.

The whole thing could be an Islamic Taqiyya Propaganda attack on Western Civilization, which is largely Christianity-based. Since we more or less dote on The Bible, we are side-collateral damage.

The main target will thus be the United States of America and the United Kingdom, for reasons most here will not know.

[Search: "OPERATION AJAX".]

During the early 1950s, a strong Iranian Prime Minister, MOHAMMED MOSSADEGH attempted to amicably renegotiate his country's rightful share of their oil revenue with the British to "50-50: No Cheating," just as the Saudis we're getting.

The British refused.

Mohammed Mossadegh, had an anatomical feature sadly lacking in Nigerian Leaders, and was like:

"(*BZZZTT!*) WRONG ANSWER!!! Thank you for coming on the show- NOW GO HOME WITH EVERYTHING YOU DESERVE- namely: NOTHING!!! (*BWAHAHAHA!*)"

BRITISH PETROLEUM went to the Prime Minister, and demanded military backing to destroy those Golli(*Bleep!*)gs back to the Stone Age.

Their Prime Minister- WINSTON CHURCHILL, refused, on the grounds that if the SOVIET UNION backed Iran up, they would have World War III- just after World War II. Since World War II started from where World War I ended- with Airplanes and Bombs, if that trend continued, World War III should start with Atom Bombs and Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles.

They went behind his back (Businessmen and Bankers are more important than Government in the West,) and asked the American President- DWIGHT EISENHOWER to back them up- which was SILLY and ARROGANT, and should serve as a constant reminder of WHAT THE OYINBOS ARE. They do not care about what is RIGHT: only about WHAT THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH.

Unfortunately, President Eisenhower said what Winston Churchill had said: therefore, most Oyinbos still exist today. We may never get another chance like that again! (*Damn!*)

But worse, the head of the newly-formed CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY stepped up, and was like:

"Leave it to us- we know what to do!"

The President was like:

"You? How many Planes, Ships, and Troops do you think we have to waste on such an adventure?"

The Head of the CIA was like:

"Sir, I believe I know a guy...!"

Instead of an army, they sent ONE MAN to take down the Iranian Government.

This was KERMIT ROOSEVELT, the grandson of former President Theodore Roosevelt.

In three years, using unethical, immoral, and criminal means- including Blackmail, Prostitution, Bribery, and Murder, Kermit Roosevelt had Mohammed Mossadegh framed for TERRORISM, and deposed by his own country, sent into exile, protesting his innocence.

This was achieved through the collaboration and connivance of USA and Great Britain Intelligence.

The remarkable thing is that even I myself never heard about it, until JOHN PERKINS began confessing how he had been a secret agent for the IMF, using similar methods to force Third World Nation's to take the IMF LOAN, at ridiculously high levels of interest, so that they could never be paid off

Whereas OPERATION AJAX was a complete success, they had nervous breakdowns thinking about what should have happened, should Kermit Roosevelt have been caught.

The Soviet Union could have gone to war. Therefore, it was decided that such agents should in future no longer be traceable to the CIA. A new form of Agent was created, called an ECONOMIC HIT MAN.

[See: CONFESSIONS OF AN ECONOMIC HIT MAN, by John Perkins.
WAR IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN, by Kermit Roosevelt. (Not about Operation Ajax.)]

Apparently, KERMIT ROOSEVELT confessed what he did before his death from Cancer, after his activities were declassified.

When the Oyinbos are fully aware of these facts, and do not disclose them, in their interactions with us you should know that they are not our friends, but must be planning to use the same Dirty Tricks on us.

Whereas the Iranians and Shia Muslims do not share this information with us, because they deem us "SUBHUMAN."

When the NITEL Building was on fire- for days- and the Iranian Ambassador remarked that if it had been Iranian Firemen, they would lay down their lives to put out the fire.

The President demanded an apology for that statement of fact. You can be sure that that reaction did nothing to increase their respect for Africans in general, and Nigerians in particular!

I am certain that Nigerian Shia Muslims know nothing about OPERATION AJAX.

Every SHIA in the World ought to know about it, because it affects their attitude toward the West, and how they should expect to be treated.

I have seen no evidence that any of them know why they have to believe and behave as they have been told.

I believe that the emphasis is on doing as they are told, without knowing why they should.

Without knowing things that could help the "KAFFIR."

Michellekabod2:

Or you, as an “adult”, looked at one of the 2,500+ current religions and said “that’s the one (in 2,500+ other “absolute truths”) that’s the real one!”

ONLY A FOOL THINKS THEY NEED TO LOOK AT EVERY RELIGION IN THE WORLD, IN ORDER TO DETERMINE THE CORRECT ONES!

First of all NO ATHEIST EVER did so.

They FIRST decided that "THERE IS NO GOD" long before they decided to condemn every Religion in the World.

I doubt that AVRAM NAVADI has looked beyond ZOROASTRIANISM, ISLAM, and ROMAN CATHOLICISM before condeming EVERY Religion in the World.

You cannot examine the BUDDHISM, TAOISM, or SHINTOISM, and say that there is no proof that there is no God or gods, because these Religions deal in ENHANCED CONSCIOUSNESS required to perceive and communicate with Spiritual Entities, Beings and Realms.

All Atheists are LIARS.

If not so, they would gradually refine what Truth they find, until they achieve THE Truth- and can perceive and know God and God's, and *see* them for what they are.

Michellekabod2:

Again a situation where your reality is based on what you were told by others.

BASIC SHILL TACTICS 101: WHEN STUCK FOR WHAT TO SAY, ACCUSE OTHERS OF WHAT YOU ARE!

I want to see your report on the 2,500 plus Religions that you say have no proof of God's Existence.

I say that you are a Hypocrite and Liar, who never examined those Religions to determine their authenticity or fallacy, but merely trusted in what Atheists with a vested interest in lying to you, and deceiving you, to recruit you, told you!

If you published such a report, you could retire on the proceeds!

Michellekabod2:

That psychosis, group psychosis is still psychosis, is the lens that colors all of existence. The basis or reason for thoughts and actions. Psychosis, nothing to base any of it on but the “truth” you were told was “the truth”.

THE PSYCHOTIC IS YOU!

Any Religion can have Psychotics, who believe in the Religion, without Evidence- even when the Religion has clear instructions for attaining verification of the validity of the Religion.

But you have so far only presented yourself as an hysterical psychotic, screaming: "THERE IS NO GOD! THERE IS NO GOD!" without presenting any proof that no God, nor god, Exists.

Michellekabod2:

As a race, Humanity has accepted delusional psychosis as normal and the insanity that the current version of the already henpecked hearsay, dogma and fantasy are 100% “fact”, no evidence but still “fact”.
Because of this constant twisted mental conditioning of so many of the global societies have a delusional connection with the make-believe.
All these billions walking their archaic, made-up, forcibly fed religious line. Each believing, as they were taught to, that their god/gods are all there are. Knowing everyone else is not just wrong but doomed, dumb, leading astray and less than.

THERE ARE PSYCHOTIC SOCIETIES OUT THERE, YES: BUT NOT ALL OF THEM.

All you are saying is that YOU YOURSELF are such a DELUSIONAL PSYCHOTIC.

Michellekabod2:

Not bringing Humanity together, only forcing malice, fear, hatred, distrust and the peak of Human ugliness at any and all not walking in the steps each see as right.
“He” loves you completely, but just watches, waiting for the slightest misstep that’ll force him to cast you into your psychosis’s version of eternal damnation.
So many are living in the bad place, hell on Earth, damning their lives, the only one they have, in psychological delusion.
Please, It’s World Mental Health Awareness Week, find help and lose your psychosis!

Good luck out there

Source:www.atheistrepublic.com

Cc: xxsabrinaxx, MJbolt, CAPSLOCKED,Anas09, muttleylaff,vic2ree, Olaadegbu,jesusjnr,okcornel,solite3, lordreed,Hahn,hopefullanlord, johnydon22, shadeyinka

WHY SHOULD A GOD NOT CAST AWAY HIS FOLLOWER, IF THE FOLLOWER DEVIATES FROM HIS INSTRUCTIONS?

What more do you do?

Do you take your ENEMIES as FRIENDS?

Do you adopt HARDENED CRIMINALS as YOUR CHILDREN?

It is commendable to attempt to reform JUVENILE DELINQUENTS: it is not humanly possible that such a one a achieve perfection overnight- but, if they are serious about being adopted, certain standards need to be adhered to.

For instance, a KLEPTOMANIAC Juvenile should not continue SHOPLIFTING, and BOOSTING CARS, while under your roof.

If they don't stop, you either boot them out, wind up having to testify against them in court, or else become a party to their crimes.

A similar situation obtains for all other behaviors deemed "SIN" by those Religions. The God or god agrees to furnish Evidence of their Existence and Resources, only if those Sins are refrained from, because they do not support those who indulge in such activities, because THAT IS NOT WHAT THEY REPRESENT.

Every God or god [b] REPRESENTS SOMETHING;[b] they will only interact favorably with those who respect what they represent.

You seem to represent nothing but indiscipline and wilful ignorance.

There is no God nor god who stands for THAT.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Some Moslems, Buddhists & Non-believers Are Members Of Body Of Christ" / Do you realize that you can actually refer to Jesus as Lucifer? / Science don't actually exist... Scientist are sinners

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.