Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,820 members, 7,813,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Any Nigerian Muslim Forum In Uk? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Any Nigerian Muslim Forum In Uk? (3311 Views)

Nigerian Muslim Men And Their Women / The Nigerian Muslim Forum / Is This Section A Secular Muslim Forum Or An Islamic Muslim Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Nigerian Muslim Forum In Uk? by ismaeel86(m): 8:39pm On Nov 06, 2010
Assalamualaikum, Please i will be glad if anyone can help me with any muslim society in UK, especially in west midlands, i live in westbrom and birmingham but i am yet to find or locate any Nigerian muslim society here. If any muslim brother or sister living in the uk or west midlands has any information on this should please post it on this thread. Ma'salam, Jazakalaum khaira.
Re: Any Nigerian Muslim Forum In Uk? by stranger26(f): 2:57am On Nov 23, 2010
wa alaykumu salaam wa rahmatullah.
There are lots of muslim societies in UK, especially in Birmingham! Birmingham has got have one of the largest muslim populations in UK, got to love that city for that!
depends :
---> if you are a student, then the university Islamic Society (ISoc)
---> there are institutes such as Al-Maghrib and al-Kauthar which hold regular seminars in B'ham, check their websites and fora. On the foru, you can talk to the people who are part of the institute and live in B'ham, they'll be able to tell you more about such places.
---> I don't live in B'ham so I don't know about Nigerian group there BUT there is a UK-wide Nigerian Muslim Forum UK (http://www.nmfuk.org/), I really don't know much about them
---> There is the Muslim Association of Nigeria (MAN) but it is based in London [http://www.manuk.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1]

those are the few off the top of my head, but really I wouldn't think of anyone getting lonely or starved of muslim companionship in B'ham. Head to city centre or, better yet, go to Small Heath.
Re: Any Nigerian Muslim Forum In Uk? by ismaeel86(m): 3:53am On Nov 23, 2010
tanx may Allah reward u abundantly,Jazakalaum khaira. where i live in bham is a muslim dominated area but most time they speak only pakistani language in their sermon durin jumuat service and moreover am just new here and am used to the sunday assalat i used to do back in Nigeria, and am really missin it here. so i need a forum where one will be able to meet with Nigerian muslims livin in bham. tanx, hope u can help on dat too. if u can reply am online now. Jazakalaum khaira.
Re: Any Nigerian Muslim Forum In Uk? by stranger26(f): 4:17am On Nov 23, 2010
I really don't know about the assalatu but maybe you should go for jumu'ah in a less pakistani-dominated area.
I'll check with people I know from Bham and let you know the english mosques, but they are not nigerians so I won't be able to help with the assalatu aspect. I know the jumu'ah khutbah in the university will be in english.

But really brother, the english-speaking community has so many events that you will not the missing the assalatus. There will be halaqahs (islamic groups to learn more about the deen) probably weekly or so, islamic lectures, conferences, etc.

And when you feel occasionally overwhelmed with homesickness, hop on a train to london, there are so many nigerians there. If you want to specifically see nigerian muslims, head down to Lewisham/Kent road to the MAN mosque, there would be lots of yoruba muslims.

Anyways, inshaAllah, will get back to you about the english speaking mosques as soon as I can.
Re: Any Nigerian Muslim Forum In Uk? by IdokoJunior(m): 7:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
Aslam alykum waramatu llah.Am a muslim frm Eastern Zone of Nigeria.Precisely Enugu state.Pls I need help from Muslim Brother and Sister.I want to study in Abroad.Could any of you assist me with scholarship In any higher institution in UK? contact.kHaleel Chukws.Jibril.07036312507.Jezakallahu khairaan

(1) (Reply)

Allah Transformed The Jews, The "scum Of Mankind," Into Apes And Pigs / Is Allah Everywhere, Sees Everything? / Guidelines On Takfeer (ruling Someone To Be A Kaafir)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.