Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Soldier Cuts Off His Own Leg To Save His Colleagues’ Lives (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldier Cuts Off His Own Leg To Save His Colleagues’ Lives (Photo) (3627 Views)

"New Generational" Aye Cult Member Addresses His Colleagues In A Viral Video / Policeman Slaps Soldier In Aba, Soldier Brings His Colleagues To Beat Police / Suspected Yahoo Boy Confesses To Ripping His Colleagues Off Of $24k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldier Cuts Off His Own Leg To Save His Colleagues’ Lives (Photo) by GistMore7: 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2019
A 21-year-old American soldier, Ezra Maes, had to cut his own leg in order to save his colleagues during Exercise Atlantic Resolve in 2018. .

Maes and two other soldiers had fallen asleep in their tank after a week-long training exercise in Europe. They woke up to find the tank speeding down a hill.

“I called out to the driver, ‘Step on the brakes!'” Maes said. “But he shouted back that it wasn’t him.” There was a hydraulic leak in the tank and it was going about 90 miles per hour. .
The tank later crashed into an embankment, throwing Maes across the vehicle. His leg caught in the turret gear. Gunner Sgt. Aechere Crump was bleeding badly from a cut on her thigh, and driver Pfc. Victor Alamo suffered a broken back.

But Maes was determined to help, so he amputated his own leg. “I pushed and pulled at my leg as hard as I could to get loose and felt a sharp tear,” Maes said. .

He was losing blood fast. He used his own belt to form a makeshift tourniquet and began shock procedures on himself, forcing himself to remain calm and his heart rate down.

“All I could think about was no one knows we’re down here. Either I step up or we all die.” While radio communications were down, Maes was able to text for help using the only phone that survived the crash.

Gist from Gistmore
http://gistmore.com/soldier-cuts-off-his-own-leg-to-save-his-colleagues-lives

Re: Soldier Cuts Off His Own Leg To Save His Colleagues’ Lives (Photo) by GistMore7: 4:32pm On Oct 11, 2019

Re: Soldier Cuts Off His Own Leg To Save His Colleagues’ Lives (Photo) by OluwasureGig: 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2019
even with his one leg he's still better than all our soldiers with two legs

7 Likes

Re: Soldier Cuts Off His Own Leg To Save His Colleagues’ Lives (Photo) by myfan: 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2019
Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Soldier Cuts Off His Own Leg To Save His Colleagues’ Lives (Photo) by kiddoiLL(m): 6:52pm On Oct 11, 2019
I don't need to say much only SEMPER FI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldier Cuts Off His Own Leg To Save His Colleagues’ Lives (Photo) by YorubaNinja: 7:05pm On Oct 11, 2019
Respect, Sir! cool

1 Like

Re: Soldier Cuts Off His Own Leg To Save His Colleagues’ Lives (Photo) by Hoodbilonia: 7:06pm On Oct 11, 2019
Hero. Thats usa army for you. You signed it before you became one. Its painful
But here at africa.
Our own soldiers run from boko haram
Beg for food
Beg for bullets
Beg for smoke
So wetin consign them if na brake failure.
When they come to civilization,they begin to beat up innocent civilians like dogs on heat,but face boko haram. No they will pick race and run away
Re: Soldier Cuts Off His Own Leg To Save His Colleagues’ Lives (Photo) by EzekaUdenee: 7:50pm On Oct 11, 2019
[s]
YorubaNinja:
Respect, Sir! cool
[/s]
Re: Soldier Cuts Off His Own Leg To Save His Colleagues’ Lives (Photo) by domido(m): 8:02pm On Oct 11, 2019
I Stan baba.

Even looking at the pictures they are still been taking care of by the American army. See rehabilitation, why won't they want to die for their nation. I recently posted the Nigerian Navy short course job application to a friend,he replied saying "guy,shey you no wan replace devil for my enemy list?" Na who dem go carry go sambisa forest leave forget dem dey find. Dem go come dey sleep with my wife when indey war front ehn?!!.

I just no talk again.

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Cuts Off His Own Leg To Save His Colleagues’ Lives (Photo) by UnknownJr: 9:29pm On Oct 11, 2019
People like this are very very hard to find..

But here in Nigeria, if someone sacrifices his or her leg to save another person life, is either we say the person is a mumu, or the person doesn't av sense.

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Cuts Off His Own Leg To Save His Colleagues’ Lives (Photo) by HaryoBamex(m): 9:55pm On Oct 11, 2019
Wow...

So people like this still exist. God bless him �
Re: Soldier Cuts Off His Own Leg To Save His Colleagues’ Lives (Photo) by wiseone28: 10:20pm On Oct 11, 2019
That's where i was suppose to born

Re: Soldier Cuts Off His Own Leg To Save His Colleagues’ Lives (Photo) by Richdad50(m): 10:34pm On Oct 11, 2019
shocked
Re: Soldier Cuts Off His Own Leg To Save His Colleagues’ Lives (Photo) by Riele(f): 10:39pm On Oct 11, 2019
Lol...

He did it to save his own life.
Re: Soldier Cuts Off His Own Leg To Save His Colleagues’ Lives (Photo) by Emilokoiyawon: 3:54am On Oct 12, 2019
Men can be so honorable. A woman will never do this...am I right?
Re: Soldier Cuts Off His Own Leg To Save His Colleagues’ Lives (Photo) by tillaman(m): 7:38am On Oct 12, 2019
Hero hero!!
I hope he makes full recovery

1 Like

Re: Soldier Cuts Off His Own Leg To Save His Colleagues’ Lives (Photo) by Danelo(m): 7:59am On Oct 12, 2019
what a brave man.

for here, all of us go kuku die o
Re: Soldier Cuts Off His Own Leg To Save His Colleagues’ Lives (Photo) by Kingluqman(m): 8:31am On Oct 12, 2019
Emilokoiyawon:
They will come for your head now

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldier Cuts Off His Own Leg To Save His Colleagues’ Lives (Photo) by Kingluqman(m): 8:33am On Oct 12, 2019
Cut my leg? shocked
If I Dey yankee sha.. but no be here for naija.
Las las, person go turn onibara (begger)

grin
Re: Soldier Cuts Off His Own Leg To Save His Colleagues’ Lives (Photo) by kiddoiLL(m): 9:49am On Oct 12, 2019
Emilokoiyawon:
Somehow you still managed to drag women into this discussion

(1) (Reply)

OMG! Lady Allegedly Turned Into A Bird And Landed In A Gutter In Lagos (see Phot / A Bike Man's Head Crushed By A Julius Berger Truck In Ajegunle(graphic Img) / What You Must Know About Guard Dogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.