Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? (1887 Views)

Help Anytime I Get Angry I Destroy Things / My Wife Is Angry With Me Because I Bought Underwears For Her Niece / I Easily Get Angry And Keep Malice A Lot, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 11, 2019
I noticed here on Nairaland that most men are always quick to insult women they perceive as Feminists, they are always quick to insult women and tag them Feminists.
What's so bad with the word " Feminist, Feminism"?
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by saucecode(m): 5:39pm On Oct 11, 2019
Are there feminists on nairaland? cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by omoiyamayor(m): 5:40pm On Oct 11, 2019
This so called feminists are like extremist like jhidadists,they try to recruit gullible minds.we are tired of talking about who rules,we are not in d 80'

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:40pm On Oct 11, 2019
I think it has to do with the fact that many are quick to call themselves feminist (when it fits their selfish agenda), yet in the same instance will turn around and expect a man to pay for their food (or be offended when asked to go dutch)

14 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by PapaAdanna: 5:43pm On Oct 11, 2019
Nigerian women are yet to understand the true meaning of feminism

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by donbachi(m): 5:47pm On Oct 11, 2019
Because there is nothing like GOD the mother,GOD the daughter and GOD the holy spiritess.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by nlPoster: 5:52pm On Oct 11, 2019
When did that word first start being used on nl?

I'd like to know.
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by godofuck231: 5:57pm On Oct 11, 2019
Nigerian women use it as an excuse to misbehave and insult men not to protect the woman's weak point

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 11, 2019
They are slow.

That is the reason they tag every lady with a different opinion feminist. Then stick to that as their definition of feminism.

But will get angry when tagged misyogynist or chauvinist...

18 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by viccipedia: 6:08pm On Oct 11, 2019
Even as a word, the meaning is not certain.
Then when females mix it up with their exaggerated homones and emotions, even the uncertain meaning is lost.

When we now add up all these with the Nigerian woman mentality: syntax error!

Feminism is anti-humanity.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2019

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by Jmk9292(m): 6:24pm On Oct 11, 2019
The issue is with the contextual meaning attached to feminism around here.....
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 11, 2019
Because they are bitter, bitter men.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by elektra(f): 7:29pm On Oct 11, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
I think it has to do with the fact that many are quick to call themselves feminist (when it fits their selfish agenda), yet in the same instance will turn around and expect a man to pay for their food (or be offended when asked to go dutch)

I agree with this assessment. If you identify as a feminist, you best be ready to pay your bills.

I don't understand why a lot of Nigerian women love it when men buy them food. What is so great about that? But that is a story for another day

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 11, 2019
Breaststroke:
Lol, my own experience with being labelled a feminist on NL came from the fact that I wasn't in support of Chioma taking in for David as a 3rd baby mama and Davido's social media marriage (where he has been marrying Chioma online for 2 years now)

Not only was I called a feminist, I was called a hater too grin Having a contrary view or opinion from the general public (as a woman) will often get you labelled a feminist.

Some people on that Chioma/David's thread turned around to thoroughly insult another user who asked if her sister should take in for a man out of wedlock in order to secure him.

In my mind I was like eehhnn, why is Chioma hailed and supported for silliness? But another woman gets trashed for even thinking or suggesting such a thing.

So true, once your opinion is different from theirs they label you Feminist and start calling you evening newspaper.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by cococandy(f): 8:48pm On Oct 11, 2019
1) Certified ignorance because they have no idea what feminism means. And they vehemently refuse to learn.

2) mischief. Some maybe have a good idea but insist on having their own definitions of feminism in order to suit their perverted agenda.

3) ignorance

4) ignorance

5) ignorance

6) you get it

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by lilmax(m): 8:52pm On Oct 11, 2019
We get angry or we make jokes? grin

Guys don't take feminism serious on NL, there are no feminists hia now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by heo88(m): 8:57pm On Oct 11, 2019
I'm not sure if any woman has an idea what feminism 'means', seeing as it's nuanced in meaning.

What use is the designation when every self-identifying feminist gives a different definition of what it means to them.

Men are not mind readers and so adopting an automatic defensive stance or hostility when they disagree on meaning, is frankly speaking - self-defeating. Rather than educate, such hostility on the part of the woman will antagonize both the woman and the man, thus nothing meaningful is achieved but wasted time and energy.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by CHoccolaTE: 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2019
Because men hate women and want women to remain inferior to them.

90% of men at least have innate hatred of women and the hatred manifests itself in their blatant and shameless misogyny and constant attempts to put women down and retard_ their progress or advancement in society, that is why they hate feminism and feminists because feminists keep insisting that no gender is better than the other
Trust me, guys know that gender equality is the whole Idea behind feminism but they will pretend to be ignorant or engage in outright self delusion and start claiming that feminism is all sorts of evil things and evil ideologies because they hate the movement and want it to die off. They want a world where women are subjugated and kept under their rule not because that arrangement is fair but because of woman hate, selfishness and evil self centeredness and desire to feel superior and Important.

Forget the lies men tell about hating feminists because of paying for dates or whatever they claim the real reason for the hatred is because they DO NOT want a world where females are equal to males.

This their desire to keep women under their feet has manifested greatly in history and in the major religions in the world today, men keep making societal rules to keep themselves in the position of demi gods.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by doitforyou(f): 9:26pm On Oct 11, 2019
Beautiful.

What better way to destroy a movement than to discredit people that espouse its ideologies?

Unfortunately it’s working, you read some ‘f’ comments and they often start with the disclaimer “I am not a feminist o but...” then go on to type feminist ideologies.

CHoccolaTE:
Because men hate women and want women to remain inferior to them.

90% of men at least have innate hatred of women and the hatred manifests itself in their blatant and shameless misogyny and constant attempts to put women down and retard_ their progress or advancement in society, that is why they hate feminism and feminists because feminists keep insisting that no gender is better than the other
Trust me, guys know that gender equality is the whole Idea behind feminism but they will pretend to be ignorant or engage in outright self delusion and start claiming that feminism is all sorts of evil things and evil ideologies because they hate the movement and want it to die off. They want a world where women are subjugated and kept under their rule not because that arrangement is fair but because of woman hate, selfishness and evil self centeredness and desire to feel superior and Important.

Forget the lies men tell about hating feminists because of paying for dates or whatever they claim the real reason for the hatred is because they DO NOT want a world where females are equal to males.

This their desire to keep women under their feet has manifested greatly in history and in the major religions in the world today, men keep making societal rules to keep themselves in the position of demi gods.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by saucecode(m): 9:37pm On Oct 11, 2019
cococandy:
1) Certified ignorance because they have no idea what feminism means. And they vehemently refuse to learn.

2) mischief. Some maybe have a good idea but insist on having their own definitions of feminism in order to suit their perverted agenda.

3) ignorance

4) ignorance

5) ignorance

6) you get it
So you be feminist like this so? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by saucecoder: 10:18pm On Oct 11, 2019
doitforyou:
Beautiful.

What better way to destroy a movement than to discredit people that espouse its ideologies?

Unfortunately it’s working, you read some ‘f’ comments and they often start with the disclaimer “I am not a feminist o but...” then go on to type feminist ideologies.

This is the problem with you girls on this forum. So it's by force to be a feminist?
You sef dat is talking, tell me how you are a feminist.

Kai cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by doitforyou(f): 10:21pm On Oct 11, 2019
Where in my comment did I say it was by force to be a feminist?
saucecoder:

This is the problem with you girls on this forum. So it's by force to be a feminist?
You sef dat is talking, tell me how you are a feminist.

Kai cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by saucecoder: 10:25pm On Oct 11, 2019
doitforyou:
Where in my comment did I say it was by force to be a feminist?
doitforyou:
Beautiful.

You don see am?

That is a jab at women who would rather not be boxed into a movement before they can achieve all that God made them to achieve.
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by doitforyou(f): 10:35pm On Oct 11, 2019
No.

That’s me crediting people like you for succeeding in tarnishing the label ‘feminist’ that even women that espouse feminism ideologies have to put out a disclaimer because they don’t want the wahala of NL guys.

Haven’t you been on a mission to harass ‘f’ monikers that have made feminist comments on this forum?

My comment was simple and easy to read, please don’t twist and distort it to suit your agenda. Any woman is free to be a feminist or not.

saucecoder:

You don see am?

That is a jab at women who would rather not be boxed into a movement before they can achieve all that God made them to achieve.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by saucecoder: 10:38pm On Oct 11, 2019
doitforyou:
No.

That’s me crediting people like you for succeeding in tarnishing the label ‘feminist’ that even women that espouse feminism ideologies have to put out a disclaimer because they don’t want the wahala of NL guys.

Haven’t you been on a mission to harass ‘f’ monikers that have made feminist comments on this forum?

My comment was simple and easy to read, don’t twist and distort it to suit your agenda. Any woman is free to be a feminist or not.

Really? cheesy

My thread of atonement had nothing to do with non-existent nairaland feminists. grin
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by saucecoder: 10:40pm On Oct 11, 2019
Ladies, iz not by force oo. Una don hear?
Cococandy, you hear? grin
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by AstroG1: 11:03pm On Oct 11, 2019
Stephani3e:
I noticed here on Nairaland that most men are always quick to insult women they perceive as Feminists, they are always quick to insult women and tag them Feminists.
What's so bad with the word " Feminist, Feminism"?

Cus they are mostly frustrated sets of evening newspapers that are highly delusional,mentally impaired,senseless and has no direction sad sad
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by Fountainofyouth(f): 11:15pm On Oct 11, 2019
Because they are sadists, they hate the fact that women are standing up for themselves in words and actions.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by 2buffagain(m): 12:37am On Oct 12, 2019
I love feminists. It means I can fvck her without having promised her marriage first because feminists are honest about their desire for cork. grin grin tongue

I can even charge her per night sef.
Abi na only woman suppose make money from knacking tinz?

Up feminism! cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:43am On Oct 12, 2019
elektra:

I don't understand why a lot of Nigerian women love it when men buy them food. What is so great about that? But that is a story for another day

I think it has all to do with some women's idea that THEIR money is too precious to be "wasted" by buying food with it, and instead they'd rather have men pay for it while these women's money (if they have any) is better suited for shoes/clothing/make up etc.... small stuff like eating out is a man's job (in their mind).

But then again, you have the broke ones out there who soak garri 5 days a week, and going on a date to them is like an adventure/xmas/new year/bday all in one.
Re: Why Do Most Men Get Angry With The Word " Feminist, Feminism" ? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:45am On Oct 12, 2019
2buffagain:
I love feminists. It means I can fvck her without having promised her marriage first because feminists are honest about their desire for cork. grin grin tongue

I can even charge her per night sef.
Abi na only woman suppose make money from knacking tinz?

Up feminism! cheesy

Bro, When she starts handling you in bed, as if she is in charge, and ride you mercilessly while looking you dead in your eyes, na that time you will run from them feminazis.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Baby Mama Cousin Of Mine Screams Out, "$100 a month Ain't Enough" / My Mother Taught Me... / You Think Is Over? No Is Not, With The Story Of World Biggest Woman,mary Rosales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.