Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,083 members, 7,825,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Can Anyone Know My Exact Location From My IP? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Can Anyone Know My Exact Location From My IP? (569 Views)

How Can I Find My IP Address And What Is It For? / Mysterious Beast Washes Up On Greek Island. Does Anyone Know Its Name? (Photos) / Does Anyone Know How To Crack Smile R702 4G LTE Portable Wi-fi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anyone Know My Exact Location From My IP? by tanzu678: 8:16pm On Oct 11, 2019
Can anyone know my exact location from my IP?
Re: Can Anyone Know My Exact Location From My IP? by healthserve(m): 8:18pm On Oct 11, 2019
Yes and even identity

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Know My Exact Location From My IP? by tanzu678: 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2019
healthserve:
Yes and even identity
really? shocked with identity? how man? what if i use vpn?
Re: Can Anyone Know My Exact Location From My IP? by healthserve(m): 8:26pm On Oct 11, 2019
tanzu678:

A very good network savvy guy like me can track your address. All social media account
Bank details , entire family background etc

Get a very good vpn
Re: Can Anyone Know My Exact Location From My IP? by Tanzina: 8:27pm On Oct 11, 2019
Internet protocol is the abbreviation for IP. Historically, IP was the connectionless datagram service in the original Transmission Control Program introduced by Vint Cerf and Bob Kahn in 1974, which was complemented by a connection-oriented service that became the basis for the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP). The Internet protocol suite is therefore often referred to as TCP/IP. An IP address is provided to every device that is connected to the internet which will give them the ability to transmit data from other devices.

The IP is your online biometric fingerprint which can be used to track you by anyone who has any entity online. now of the question comes if your IP address shows your exact physical location? The answer is not quite because when a person looks at your IP address they can get a basic idea of your geographical location but they can only get the city name or maximum your area name. If you need to know more you can research from here. If the police or the government wants to identify your IP and get your exact location then your highest speed will provide them with it but anyone can look at your exact physical location but they can extract information for you and your identity and your online location. It's because you would want to hide your traffic in you would want to hide your online identity and you would want to save yourself from people eavesdropping on your online traffic. If you use a VPN for a virtual private network your online traffic is going to be encrypted from your device to the VPN server that we prevent anyone online which can access your IP to you not see what you are doing. Using a VPN is a safe process and you can count on them.
Re: Can Anyone Know My Exact Location From My IP? by godofuck231: 8:28pm On Oct 11, 2019
Most people think am in nigeria and think I use a certain network , little do they know ,the ict world is so vast that's anything is near possible , there are softwares that screen the ip to make you seem to be chatting from siberia while In kaduna
Re: Can Anyone Know My Exact Location From My IP? by tanzu678: 8:29pm On Oct 11, 2019
healthserve:

A very good network savvy guy like me can track your address. All social media account
Bank details , entire family background etc

Get a very good vpn
What? The web is really not secured. Thnaks for replying
Re: Can Anyone Know My Exact Location From My IP? by tanzu678: 8:30pm On Oct 11, 2019
Tanzina:
Internet protocol is the abbreviation for IP. Historically, IP was the connectionless datagram service in the original Transmission Control Program introduced by Vint Cerf and Bob Kahn in 1974, which was complemented by a connection-oriented service that became the basis for the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP). The Internet protocol suite is therefore often referred to as TCP/IP. An IP address is provided to every device that is connected to the internet which will give them the ability to transmit data from other devices.

The IP is your online biometric fingerprint which can be used to track you by anyone who has any entity online. now of the question comes if your IP address shows your exact physical location? The answer is not quite because when a person looks at your IP address they can get a basic idea of your geographical location but they can only get the city name or maximum your area name. If you need to know more you can research from here. If the police or the government wants to identify your IP and get your exact location then your highest speed will provide them with it but anyone can look at your exact physical location but they can extract information for you and your identity and your online location. It's because you would want to hide your traffic in you would want to hide your online identity and you would want to save yourself from people eavesdropping on your online traffic. If you use a VPN for a virtual private network your online traffic is going to be encrypted from your device to the VPN server that we prevent anyone online which can access your IP to you not see what you are doing. Using a VPN is a safe process and you can count on them.
Thank you for your answer.
Re: Can Anyone Know My Exact Location From My IP? by tanzu678: 8:31pm On Oct 11, 2019
godofuck231:
Most people think am in nigeria and think I use a certain network , little do they know ,the ict world is so vast that's anything is near possible , there are softwares that screen the ip to make you seem to be chatting from siberia while In kaduna

Yeah VPN. thank you for sharing
Re: Can Anyone Know My Exact Location From My IP? by healthserve(m): 8:44pm On Oct 11, 2019
tanzu678:
What? The web is really not secured. Thnaks for replying

A savvy genius can dig up massive info on people. The secret is to live a clean life to avoid been searched on
Re: Can Anyone Know My Exact Location From My IP? by famouscargo4u: 7:05am On Oct 12, 2019
tanzu678:

It can brrached. National Security Adviser can bypass all private networks. You wonder why EFCC is suddenly arresting yahoo boys now? The FBI shared technology with the EFCC and it is yielding adeqaute result. If you're into Yahoo and think you're safe with VPN, I laugh hard at you.
Re: Can Anyone Know My Exact Location From My IP? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 12, 2019
Are you planning on scamming people online or have you scammed people online already?

(1) (Reply)

V&A Snaps Up Medieval Brooch Found On Brigstock Farmland / VPN With A Server In Nigeria / Build Your Dream Home/ Graphics Design At Your Best Quality And Satisfaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.