Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,777 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

How Can I Find My IP Address And What Is It For? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How Can I Find My IP Address And What Is It For? (268 Views)

Can Anyone Know My Exact Location From My IP? / How Do I Use My Netflix Account While Hiding My Ip? / Drop Your Blog Address And Get Back To Back Traffic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Find My IP Address And What Is It For? by Babawon1: 4:34pm On Jan 11, 2021
An IP address is an identification number assigned to a computer connected to an Internet network. Concretely, this number is used to identify machines and allow them to communicate with each other, by exchanging data on the Internet.
Know your IP address from your computer
By default, operating systems have several internal tools to find out the IP address of the computer. In Windows, you have to open the command prompt and type the command ipconfig. Under Mac OS, open the Network panel located in System Preferences, and display the active connection. The IP address is presented as a series of numbers separated by periods, for example 192.168.1.30.
Use an online tool to find out your IP address
There are many websites that specialize in displaying the IP address. Among them, we recommend https://mylocationip.com
Re: How Can I Find My IP Address And What Is It For? by TrevorDJ(m): 11:06am On Jun 11, 2022
Here’s how to locate your Router’s IP address:

In the networking world, a default gateway is an IP address that traffic gets sent to when it’s bound for a destination outside the current network. On most home and small business networks with a single router and several connected devices, the router’s private IP address is the default gateway. All devices on your network send traffic to that IP address by default. This guide will explain how to find your router’s IP address.

https://www.novabach.com/how-to-find-your-routers-ip-address/

(1) (Reply)

Wired Intercom System / Mine Pi, The New Cryptocurrency For Free. / Opay Is Reportedly Raising A $400 Million Seed Round At Over $1.5 B Valuation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.