Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,419,742 members, 5,426,478 topics. Date: Monday, 17 February 2020 at 12:18 AM

Above The Shadows - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Above The Shadows (9065 Views)

Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj / Shadows Of The Green Part Two / Shadows Of The Green (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Above The Shadows by WuraSerano(f): 7:42am On Feb 08
aprilwise:
It's has been a while. Welcome back.

Thanks.
Re: Above The Shadows by Saturn101: 8:17pm On Feb 08
Thanks for the update.
Re: Above The Shadows by WuraSerano(f): 7:26am On Feb 09
Jide laughed mirthlessly. ‘I should be the one to ask if you now want to leave me for him. As for me, there can’t be such a thing.

Why should I leave you to an unfeeling, selfish guy?’

She hugged him as if her life depended on it. ‘Oh, Jide, I love you so much. I don’t ever – ever – want to lose you.’

‘I’m for you for better or for worse,’ he reassured.

They were still entangled. She felt vulnerable, with things around, but not with Jide. He made the difference. He was still her love and he would never abandon her.

He would love her until the end. Her sleep that night was blissful.

The lady in tight-fitting mini skirt standing seductively at the point where Allen Avenue linked Opebi Road in Ikeja attracted him. He stopped the car and reversed.

‘Hello, babe. You want some fun?’ he said as a way of greeting. Of course, that was what he wanted. Why else must a lady stand alluringly by the roadside in the night and looking so coquettish?

‘Yeah, if you can pay my price,’ the lady replied.

Biyi chuckled amusedly. A down-to-earth sex-hawker this one is, he thought.

‘Come in.’

She did. ‘You didn’t even ask how much it would cost you.’

‘How much did you say?’

She told him and he grinned and nodded. No raise of the eyebrow, no argument. Biyi studied his companion.

She was a light-skinned beautiful one who couldn’t be more than twenty-two. She had starry eyes and in Biyi’s opinion, they made her even more desirable.

‘What’s your name?’ he asked.

‘Call me Rose.’

He suspected it wasn’t her real name, but to hell with that. He was soon driving his car towards Ikorodu Road.

The digital clock on the dashboard showed the time to be some few minutes to ten o’clock. It was really the hour of night crawlers to enjoy the ultimate in pleasure.

He slotted in the CD of Celine Dion. Biyi liked old school music and movies. It appeared he shared that passion with his companion.

As soon as the Celine’s voice filled the space, Rose looked delighted.

‘I like Celine,’ she said half to herself.

Biyi nodded. ‘I like her too. Have you ever watched her sing on stage?’

It was a preposterous thing to ask. Rose shook her head.

Once in a while, Biyi was given to making some boastful things about himself. He was in the mood right now.

‘I watched her perform on stage,’ he bragged. ‘In California and Quebec. But I still prefer Janet Jackson. The old gal is my choice any day.’

‘She’s quite good too and I liked her also,’ she concurred.

‘Janet’s performance used to be very thrilling,’ he went on as if he hadn’t heard what she said. ‘Talk about those gigs and dancing. My oh my. She’s one lady I’ll like to spend the night with, old or not. Bad luck, I’ve not got that opportunity.’

Rose giggled. This Nigerian with an affected American accent was certainly an interesting fellow, she decided.

‘You were in America before?’ she asked.

‘Yeah, I was born there,’ he lied. ‘I grew up in California but pop took me to school mostly in New York. I crowned everything up by going to Harvard.’

She was obviously fascinated. ‘So, what are you doing in Nigeria? Have you come for a vacation or what?’

‘Something like that. I’ve never been home before, so I thought to myself, why not take a couple of weeks from my busy schedule to visit Nigeria and know what things look like? That’s why I’m around now.’

‘You’ve been around for long?’

‘No. just three days ago. This country is damned interesting, isn’t it? I’ve been enjoying myself.’

‘Yes, Nigeria is interesting.’

Something struck him about her. Her English was good. She must be one of the educated ladies that found themselves enamored to the sex trade.

‘All the same,’ she was saying, ‘I wouldn’t mind going abroad and probably living in Canada.’

Yeah, Canada, he thought grimly. That was the new destination, right? Many Nigerians now preferred the North American country to the no-longer-friendly U.S.A.

‘If you prove to be a very good girl,’ he said, ‘I may decide to work your way there.’

‘Really?’ there was a sparkle in her eyes.

Biyi could not recollect seeing any lady this zealous.

In her mind, Rose was imagining and thinking up so many things. Was this handsome and seemingly gentle man, serious or was he just pulling her legs. Time would tell, she decided.

You can download complete story @ https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/above_the_shadows/29529
Re: Above The Shadows by Ann2012(f): 7:05pm On Feb 09
Hmmmmm Biyi!!!!

Thanks for the update
Re: Above The Shadows by BigBasher: 3:52pm On Feb 10
Welldone, sis.
Re: Above The Shadows by WuraSerano(f): 8:32am On Feb 15
In her mind, Rose was imagining and thinking up so many things. Was this handsome and seemingly gentle man, serious or was he just pulling her legs? Time would tell, she decided.

‘Small deal,’ he went on, bragging. ‘I can do it. With your body, you can be a model over there. Who knows you may even strike gold and become an international figure?’

She laughed shortly and pleasantly. Those were fantastic dreams, which seemed so out of reach for now. She was bemused.

‘You haven’t told me your name,’ she prodded.

He smiled easily. ‘Call me Eddy.’

‘Hmn, which part of Nigeria were you – was your father from?’

Again, he lied: ‘Lagos state.’

‘Can you speak Yoruba at all?’

The bitch, he thought savagely. Must she interrogate him? He however kept a cool countenance. She would pay for this.

‘Not at all.’ Another lie. ‘We never spoke it in America, you know.’

She nodded as if she knew. ‘So, when are you going back?’

‘In a week or a couple of weeks’ time. A lot of work will be waiting for me and I can’t really afford to overspend my vacation.’

‘What d’you do for a living?’

He was smooth and glib. ‘I’m an engineer. Computer engineer.’

‘That’s good. You must be making a lot of money.’

He shrugged and feigned modesty. ‘I manage to get by.’

They were now in Ketu. The traffic was light at that hour so the trip was smooth.

‘Where do you live?’ she wanted to know.

‘A bit off Ikorodu. We’ll soon get there.’

She relapsed into silence and he was glad that the questioning session was over, at least for now.

He could have asked about her background too, and asked how she came to be involved in commercial sex hawking, but he didn’t give it much thought.

There was no need to be sentimental with a sex hawker. Tell her as many fascinating yarns as possible, but don’t get emotionally involved.

He decided to stop the music of Celine, so he ejected the CD. He slotted in another old-time music, this time around the music of Kenny G. his partner remained silent and impassive.

He whistled softly to the music and accompanied it with nodding his head. It wasn’t really a passion listening to music but he did it all the same, at least to while away the time.

It didn’t matter if he gave much thought to the lyrics or it they really made sense or not. What mattered was playing the music.
Several minutes later, he slowed down the car.

'Here we are.’ He veered off the main road and drove on an untarred road.

He soon got to the entrance gate of the duplex building. He got down from the car, unlocked the gate and threw wide open.

He drove in and locked the gate back. Rose appraised the building and the environ. Everywhere was quiet.

You can download complete story @ https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/above_the_shadows/29529
Re: Above The Shadows by Zamar(m): 6:55am On Feb 16
Thanks for the update.
Re: Above The Shadows by Ann2012(f): 4:51pm On Feb 16
Thanks for the update

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nora Robert, Dan Brown, John Grisham, Novels / 'Americanah' By Chimamanda Adichie To Launch This Year / My Sex Service To My Principal And Students – NYSC Member (episode 3)......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.